PDA

View Full Version : beast figunner = lol

Alisha
Dec 5, 2006, 03:58 PM
2nd highest atp class + 3rd highest ata + A-rank in twin handguns = lol
and it gets better figunners can use freeze traps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

MayLee
Dec 5, 2006, 04:01 PM
Can't everyone use traps?

ChrisKo
Dec 5, 2006, 04:01 PM
OK....
Yeah.....
Great topic......

Ryoki
Dec 5, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-12-05 12:58, Alisha wrote:
2nd highest atp class + 3rd highest ata + A-rank in twin handguns = lol
and it gets better figunners can use freeze traps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Are you praising the them or insulting them?
Cause if you are insulting em...

*shakes fist*

________
Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/)

panzer_unit
Dec 5, 2006, 04:02 PM
Don't forget your wide array of (e.g. all weapons you can equip are) hit-spam attacks for charging that rage gauge! rawr

A2K
Dec 5, 2006, 04:03 PM
On 2006-12-05 13:01, MayLee wrote:
Can't everyone use traps?

Only the Ranger types as well as Protranser.

Alisha
Dec 5, 2006, 04:07 PM
i think its funny because it's potentially broken. as in hucast with mechs in pso broken.

panzer_unit
ProTrancer's a ranger type, just like it's also a force type. We have those nerds to thank for our longbows... and low stats. yay/boohoo

Umberger
Don't forget they also have A rank Mechguns, and S-Rank Double Sabers...the photon art for those is beastly (pun not intended).

panzer_unit
Dec 5, 2006, 04:13 PM
As in Cast figunner broken?

DikkyRay
Dec 5, 2006, 04:14 PM
as in cast + mechs = win
beast figunners rule. They rock, i have a friend that is going to use it. Twin handguns are amazing, traps are useful, and then the double sabre... definitly will be useful

etlitch
Dec 5, 2006, 04:15 PM
miss

DizzyDi
Dec 5, 2006, 04:17 PM
Anybody know what PA will be released for the double saber on friday?
I doubt its the human missle one, simply for the fact thats its prolly the most broken, cheap, PA to use.

Arieta
Dec 5, 2006, 04:23 PM
Spiral Dance.

Alisha
Dec 5, 2006, 04:26 PM
spiral dance owns i love how it trips/stuns enemies.

Umberger
Dec 5, 2006, 04:27 PM
I'd be glad to get Spiral Dance...Tornado Dance got boring after a while (offline mode), and it is pretty cheap. It'll be good to get the PA you couldn't get offline very easily. Also, the part where they shove the Double Saber into the ground and kick it out is sweet.

Reiichi
Dec 5, 2006, 04:28 PM
I don't know if it'd be classified as broken. Figunners are more hunter than ranger and your twin pistols will cap at lv 20. Figunner accuracy should be less than ranger accuracy and then you have a beast with the worst accuracy. How good is a beast ranger with twin pistols now?

Minneyar
Dec 5, 2006, 04:39 PM
On 2006-12-05 13:28, Reiichi wrote:
How good is a beast ranger with twin pistols now?

Surprisingly effective. Equip a unit that boosts ATA and get a set of twin handguns with a naturally high ATA, and accuracy is not a problem at all.

Mystil
Dec 5, 2006, 04:43 PM
On 2006-12-05 13:07, Alisha wrote:
i think its funny because it's potentially broken. as in hucast with mechs in pso broken.

Evvvvvvvvverybody was broken in that game with a pair of mechs.

Wheatpenny
Dec 5, 2006, 04:46 PM
Dude Mechguns weilding a pair of mechguns was broken. But seriously Guld Milla= OMG yous dead

MXdude
Dec 5, 2006, 04:47 PM
I thought Beasts had the lowest ATA?

Bast
Dec 5, 2006, 04:49 PM
On 2006-12-05 13:47, MXdude wrote:
I thought Beasts had the lowest ATA?

We do.

Wheatpenny
Dec 5, 2006, 04:53 PM
Beast may have lowest ATA...But I have a distinct feeling that if a beast does hit the intended target will have a drasticaly less chance of surving than if one of us less ATP based races.

MXdude
Dec 5, 2006, 04:54 PM
The OP said 3rd lowest ATA....?

DONTOSE
Dec 5, 2006, 04:55 PM
(beasts rule) As super hunters ,thier just the strongest!

Bast
Dec 5, 2006, 04:57 PM
I personally love Beast. We may have low ATA, but that can easily be solved with equipment, items and/or especially play style. Get yourself behind that mob!

EDIT: Plus Nano Blast is a Godsend.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bast on 2006-12-05 13:58 ]</font>

Ryoki
Dec 5, 2006, 05:00 PM
On 2006-12-05 13:57, Bast wrote:
I personally love Beast. We may have low ATA, but that can easily be solved with equipment, items and/or especially play style. Get yourself behind that mob!

Damn right!
I personally enjoy being a beast. I can retain my hunter/Handgunning/mechgunning style of PSO. Although if I wasn't beast, I would be human.

________
Popular (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Popular)

lordzanon
Dec 5, 2006, 05:01 PM
beast dont have to worry about ata as hunters, they get a stat bonus as hunters and most melee weps have hic ata.

figunners: Only Humans get a stat bonus for becomming figunners, the rest will have their reg initial stats as one. Also Beasts wont suck as figunners. there will be better slotted stuff that will make up for weaknesses of a race.

MXdude
Dec 5, 2006, 05:02 PM
Newman fortfighter = ownage.

Gamemako
Dec 5, 2006, 05:09 PM
Tornado Dance is quite powerful but is also completely useless in a team situation. I'm waiting for the day I start kicking people out of the game for throwing monsters everywhere with that annoying PA and wasting everyone's time.

Cry0
Dec 5, 2006, 05:36 PM
pff, assault crush ftw. that with good power and ata. at least half the enemies in a group are dead before others can even as much as make a move.

ps: for the record, that's bad etiquette.

HC82
Dec 5, 2006, 05:47 PM
Broken, pah!

The whole Hucast banging Mechgun days of PSO are over. Dual handguns don't do massive damage online, but they create status effects well. None of the guns are more damaging then weapon PAs; they really don't come close. It's about the status effects combined with damage. If 1 in 5 of your shots miss all the time, that doesn't compensate for doing 30 more damage all the time.

The thing a beast fihgunner has going is the high atp with fast weapons, making for great damage. When it comes to guns, ATA becomes more important.

PS: I'm not sure what level~freeze, freeze traps throw out. Level 2 Freeze breaks pretty easy when everyone is ganging banging the same enemy. I'm guessing thats were pro-transer shines.

Para
Dec 5, 2006, 06:53 PM
Spiral Dance > Tornado Dance. Nothing is sexier than stabbing the ground and kicking it into the air and catching it.

Weak
Dec 5, 2006, 07:36 PM
Double sabers are immensely overrated.

Parn
Dec 5, 2006, 07:47 PM
I predict complaints about how mediocre double sabers are after the novelty of doing fancy looking moves wears off, and folks notice how much more damage fortefighters are doing with their axes instead for the same accuracy penalty. They should come within a week of patch day, I figure. Heh...

Randomness
Dec 5, 2006, 08:11 PM
But the double-saber users will still be more accurate, lol.

Weak
Dec 5, 2006, 08:22 PM
I still believe ATA to be an extremely trivial attribute.

You're going to hit your target 9 times out of 10, unless it's those endrum bug bastards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weak on 2006-12-05 17:22 ]</font>

ChrisKo
Dec 5, 2006, 08:52 PM
figunners: Only Humans get a stat bonus for becomming figunners, the rest will have their reg initial stats as one.

To clarify the rest will have no bonus modifier to the class stats. It is horribly stacked in favor of Humans and Newmans.... sad. Humans get bonuses in 4 classes and Newmans in 3. Beasts and Casts 1!!

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 5, 2006, 09:00 PM
^
Umm, you do know that there are Nanoblasts and SUVs, right? If that isn't imbalance, I don't know what is. Its only fair that Humans and Newmans get stat bonuses in more types than CASTs and Beasts who have those super powerful abilities that Humans and Newmans don't. In fact, I still think that Humans and Newmans could use a little more stuff.

ChrisKo
Dec 5, 2006, 09:20 PM
So it makes perfect sense to you to fix race specific abilities of others by giving you a % bonus to your stats and race specific items. So what happens after they add your race specific abilities, which they will before summer. Before you go shooting off at the mouth you should actually do your research on the subject.

That leaves Newman and Human with Stat bonuses and race specific items. So to make if fair they are going to add opposite race specific items, which is also already planned, but there is no news of stat adjustments to the classes.

So either they plan to readjust the table later, which is entirely possible and would be unfair to those who chose a specific race - class combo just for the bonus.... or they plan to add new classes... doubtful but also possible...

Either way it was ignorant to stack the stat bonuses for classes in a way that favors any class.

Parn
Dec 5, 2006, 09:30 PM
Assuming level 10 figunners, class level 60 for each race and applying figures from Itsuki's topic:

Beast
HP: 1937
ATP: 650
ATA: 212
DEF: 134
EVA: 166
MST: 46

Cast
HP: 1786
ATP: 603
ATA: 290
DEF: 144
EVA: 137
MST: 39

Human (with stat bonuses applied for playing Figunner)
HP: 1601
ATP: 571
ATA: 258
DEF: 127
EVA: 185
MST: 64

Oh look, as a figunner, humans are still in third place for ATP after the adjustments, still in the center for ATA, still in third place for HP, and still in third place for defense. And this is supposedly "unfair" to casts and beasts that have nanoblasts and SUV weapons? Give me a break, man. We're STILL weaker in almost every stat that matters for a Figunner and have no special abilities. Race specific weapons? OK, so we can use 7 star Crea replicas and beasts and casts can't. So? Those weapons are weak as snot, and even then, every race can use the REAL S rank crea weapons.

I'm really not all that sympathetic, sir.

Candor
Dec 5, 2006, 09:34 PM
i like those stats Parn http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-12-05 19:10 ]</font>

ChrisKo
Dec 5, 2006, 09:39 PM
It is nice to know that you don't understand how a static % increase works. I really wont bother explaining it to you.

Hint** Take the correct numbers, which those for human are not unless you just cant multiply, and compare them at level 80. After you see the gap between them narrow and surpass the other races as level increases, you might begin to understand what will happen in the far future. No one was complaining about now, future balance is what online games are all about.

So as I said "So either they plan to readjust the table later, which is entirely possible and would be unfair to those who chose a specific race - class combo just for the bonus.... or they plan to add new classes... doubtful but also possible..."

hucast21
Dec 5, 2006, 09:41 PM
On 2006-12-05 16:36, Weak wrote:
Double sabers are immensely overrated.

Agreed.

hucast21
Dec 5, 2006, 09:42 PM
On 2006-12-05 17:11, Randomness wrote:
But the double-saber users will still be more accurate, lol.

Zodiarides FTW.

Carbinne
Dec 5, 2006, 09:58 PM
Blah blah blah stats blah blah blah unfair blah blah blah totally unbalanced blah blah blah. News Flash! Some people are going to suck and some people are going to be good. This happens in like every game. Things might change after the level cap raises and different races start seeing whatever bonuses, but complaining now about something that won't be important until weeks from now is dumb. Either roll a new character up and see for yourself what it's like or put up with gimped stats.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 5, 2006, 10:15 PM
Can anyone post the race bonuses, to see if having a newman ranger is worth it.

MXdude
Dec 5, 2006, 10:17 PM
http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Class

Parn
Dec 5, 2006, 10:22 PM
On 2006-12-05 18:39, ChrisKo wrote:
It is nice to know that you don't understand how a static % increase works. I really wont bother explaining it to you.
It is nice to know that you can't provide any real numbers and have to resort to cheap tactics that I've seen used for the last 9 years I've been on the internet. However, I will bother explaining things to you, for yours and everyone else's benefit.

Hint** Take the correct numbers, which those for human are not unless you just cant multiply
Beg your pardon?

Human HP at level 60 is 1340. Figunner HP mod is 116% (courtesy of Itsuki's topic (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=125325&forum=22&start=0&15#1)). Human Figunner bonus is 3.5% (courtesy of official PSU forums (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=9763)), bringing the mod to 119.5%. 1340 times 1.195 is 1601.3, rounded down to 1601, which is exactly what I posted. Apply the same method to the rest of the stats. Sorry, but you're the one who doesn't know how to do math.

, and compare them at level 80. After you see the gap between them narrow and surpass the other races as level increases, you might begin to understand what will happen in the far future. No one was complaining about now, future balance is what online games are all about.
Stat growth works differently on each race before these class stat bonuses apply. At level 1, a beast has a 19% advantage in HP over a human (level 1 stats were compiled by yours truly, and are published on this website). At level 60, a beast has a 20% advantage in HP over a human. That 3.5% will NEVER close the gap, sir, and we're only comparing HP, here. The math works in a similar fashion for other stats. Beasts have about a 14% advantage in ATP at level 1 compared to humans, and it's still 14% at level 60. See the trend?

Itsuki
Dec 5, 2006, 10:26 PM
Heres some actual numbers for people:

Actual numbers for those that feel the need, its really cool how close those numbers get you though:
Beast Male Fighgunner:
1907 HP
642 ATP
208 ATA
126 TP
132 DEF
163 EVA
45 MST

Cast Male:
1763 HP
595 ATP
285 ATA
114 TP
141 DEF
135 EVA
38 MST

Human Male:
1571 HP
563 ATP
254 ATA
214 TP
126 DEF
183 EVA
63 MST

Also, to compare some ATA, a Beast male fighgunner has 208 ATA. Now, that sounds alright. But I'd like to take another couple fact into consideration. Fortefigher will only have 179, a Protranser 174. Lets add in an A-rank twin handguns, with level 21+ bullets (they don't get any ATA after 21). 8 star twin handgun, because you're blinging. 132 ATA. Now, there some equipment differences here, but I'm just showing how PAs effect this low ATA:

Fighgunner: 255 ATA
Fortefigher: 233 ATA

Now, thats less than a 10% difference. Lets compare it to some things with roughly the same ATP.
Human Fortefighter: 608 atp, 206 ata
Cast Fortefighter: 656 atp, 238 ata

Lets compare it to a ranger:
Cast Fortegunner: 570 atp, 490 ata
Efective ATA with Shotgun: 356 ata
Now, lets take into the fact that a level 60 cast Fortegunner has a little bit of trouble hitting things with shotguns without zodial. (maybe a 15-20% miss rate without zodial in some areas)

In summary: A beast fighgunner is still going to have huge accuracy problems.

EDIT: And parn's human numbers aren't really that innaccurate. They're about as good as you can estimate because of growth offsetting and such. It gets complicated, but they're still all basicalyl within like 2% difference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-12-05 19:33 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 5, 2006, 10:38 PM
On 2006-12-05 18:30, Parn wrote:
Assuming level 10 figunners, class level 60 for each race and applying figures from Itsuki's topic:

Beast
HP: 1937
ATP: 650
ATA: 212
DEF: 134
EVA: 166
MST: 46

Cast
HP: 1786
ATP: 603
ATA: 290
DEF: 144
EVA: 137
MST: 39

Human (with stat bonuses applied for playing Figunner)
HP: 1601
ATP: 571
ATA: 258
DEF: 127
EVA: 185
MST: 64

Oh look, as a figunner, humans are still in third place for ATP after the adjustments, still in the center for ATA, still in third place for HP, and still in third place for defense. And this is supposedly "unfair" to casts and beasts that have nanoblasts and SUV weapons? Give me a break, man. We're STILL weaker in almost every stat that matters for a Figunner and have no special abilities. Race specific weapons? OK, so we can use 7 star Crea replicas and beasts and casts can't. So? Those weapons are weak as snot, and even then, every race can use the REAL S rank crea weapons.

I'm really not all that sympathetic, sir.

yup, this posts PWNZ and IMO nullifies ChrisK0's argument.

hucast21
Dec 5, 2006, 10:38 PM
On 2006-12-05 19:26, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Itsuki-chan bringing the godly info like always...

Snip...

Also, to compare some ATA, a Beast male fighgunner has 208 ATA. Now, that sounds alright. But I'd like to take another couple fact into consideration. Fortefigher will only have 179, a Protranser 174. Lets add in an A-rank twin handguns, with level 21+ bullets (they don't get any ATA after 21). 8 star twin handgun, because you're blinging. 132 ATA. Now, there some equipment differences here, but I'm just showing how PAs effect this low ATA:

Snip...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-12-05 19:33 ]</font>

I lol'd, awesome.

etlitch
Dec 6, 2006, 02:00 AM
On 2006-12-05 14:36, Cry0 wrote:
pff, assault crush ftw. that with good power and ata. at least half the enemies in a group are dead before others can even as much as make a move.GL shaving off those 11k HP from ollakas on relic S befor the can even make a move.

//e tengohgs 31k HP takes half dmg from all melee yay ;D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-12-05 23:03 ]</font>

Cause_I_Own_U
Dec 6, 2006, 04:28 AM
Why is everyone so crazy about figunner's guns? You do know a figunner cast or beast who is using his guns is going to be practically useless in everything except freezing the small trash mobs that are no threat to anybody right?

None of the guns figunner's get can go past lvl 2 SE( with only 20 bullet skill that is), this means you cannot get a burn off on "leader" mobs, or electrify a strong hard hiting mob or anything like that, the best youll be doing is freezing rappy's and thinks of that size so whoppde freaking do?

When it comes down to it, figunner is simply a fortefighter who trades some atp for some ata and doesnt have -20% pp use with his weapons, and is really crappy with guns

A figunner who even whips out his gun and uses it in a group other than to his some flying mobs(for not much more damage than my fortefighters A rank pistol lol) is wasting his potential, his real purpose is just to dish out damage and tank like the fortefighter does, his guns are mearly parler tricks!

Oh yea and ata isent a problem with melee, because melee PA's give like 90% + accuracy at lvl 30 and melee weapons have way more ata than guns do and then there's ata arms

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-12-06 01:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-12-06 01:31 ]</font>

Alisha
Dec 6, 2006, 05:31 AM

no because a smart beast isnt gonna sit there and try to shoot a monster in the face. i guess a guntecher is gonna have huge accuracy problems too since they have 1.6 accuracy compared to figunners 1.2. it the long run it doesnt matter though because twin handguns are incredibly pp inefficient on anything that does not resist melee compared to say twin sabers. i just thought it was interesting because i'm sick of,and highly resistant to the idea of rangers being nothing more than debuff support. so i have been going out of my way trying to figure out a way for them to be more of a damage dealer role.

etlitch
Dec 6, 2006, 06:11 AM
Figunners guns are because: The figunner class has quite abit higher CLASS ATP than any of the other ranger classes. That means that they will be able to get quite a boost, especially on weapons that are rapid fire low damage (like mech or twin handgun).

If rangers were mostly about dealing status effects, then FiGunner is acutally about dealing ranged damage. Later differences suggest more than 100 ATP difference. That means +20 dmg/shot, which is quite abit for mechguns forexample.

Accuracy? ALL PAs REDUCE ATA. They reduce, not give. One should'nt really notice the misses too much untill they start playing higher grade missions. As if A delsabans were'nt already enough -_-

Itsuki
Dec 6, 2006, 06:48 AM
On 2006-12-06 02:31, Alisha wrote:

no because a smart beast isnt gonna sit there and try to shoot a monster in the face. i guess a guntecher is gonna have huge accuracy problems too since they have 1.6 accuracy compared to figunners 1.2. it the long run it doesnt matter though because twin handguns are incredibly pp inefficient on anything that does not resist melee compared to say twin sabers. i just thought it was interesting because i'm sick of,and highly resistant to the idea of rangers being nothing more than debuff support. so i have been going out of my way trying to figure out a way for them to be more of a damage dealer role.

I meant it was limitting in the fact that it was a beast, not a fighgunner. And a beast guntecher would also have accuracy problems.

If you want a damage dealing ranger though, you're only real option is a cast fortegunner. Their damage really is respectable. Its a bit restritected, since to deal damage you will mainly only use a select couple weapons, but thats the most DPS you'll get with guns, period.

Cry0
Dec 6, 2006, 07:07 AM
bah, tornado dance, I'll definately whore it, but only in boss fights. In a team battle, it would annoy others way too much. Unless someone else does it too, of course >_>

Arieta
Dec 6, 2006, 10:17 AM
Tornado dance isn't released online yet in either our version (the update) or the JP's game. It's been questioned as if the ability will ever go online since it's very powerful. Right now the only PA's that we can get for Double saber are Spiral dance and Gravity Dance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arieta on 2006-12-06 07:18 ]</font>

Arieta
Dec 6, 2006, 10:25 AM
On 2006-12-05 19:26, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Lets add in an A-rank twin handguns, with level 21+ bullets (they don't get any ATA after 21). 8 star twin handgun, because you're blinging. 132 ATA. Now, there some equipment differences here, but I'm just showing how PAs effect this low ATA:

Why would you compare A rank twin handguns with 21+ bullets when neither of these classes you mentioned can even use them? Sure Figunners can use twin handguns, but only up to 20. Fortefighters can only use Single handguns. Plus Bullets lower your overall ATA, they don't raise it. Unless you mean that after 21 they don't remove anymore of the negative ATA to the bullet (like stopping at 80% ATA).

Should compare a weapon they would both use. Like twin sabers. 8* Twin Saber has 245 ATA to it.
Fortefighter would have 424 ATA with them. Figunners would have 453. Going off of your numbers at least. The ATA number is before PA's are taken into consideration of course, or it'd be much lower. Either way your right that the differance between the two wouldn't be that great.

Any chance though you can list of the stats of what a Fortefighter would have compared to a figunner? I keep seeing the figunners stats but never the fortefighters. I assume these are level 10 job level 60 right?

Arieta
Dec 6, 2006, 10:26 AM
Edit: Damn server lag made me double post. Anyways guess I'll use this post to ask another question =p

The way I see it, it sounds like you're saying that figunners arn't that good when compared to fortefighters. I take it that the best way to go would just be fortefighter?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arieta on 2006-12-06 07:27 ]</font>

Yoruichi201
Dec 6, 2006, 11:47 AM
I am still going for fighgunner for my Beast. I tried the twin handguns beforehand and she did good.

Ronzeru
Dec 6, 2006, 11:51 AM
Damn can't wait to strut my human figunner sexyness.

Bast
Dec 6, 2006, 12:01 PM
On 2006-12-06 08:47, Yoruichi201 wrote:
I am still going for fighgunner for my Beast. I tried the twin handguns beforehand and she did good.

Agreed. Nothing should keep you from what you want to play. If you want to be a magical robot, so be it.

For me its a toss between Fighgunner or Fortefighter. This may change because I haven't played as a Ranger type or Force type class. Who knows, I may want to be a Beast Fortetecher exceling in Rank A sabers.

Who's paying the monthly fee? Games should be fun, I already have a job.

EDIT: Spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bast on 2006-12-06 09:04 ]</font>

Jasam
Dec 6, 2006, 12:42 PM
Looking at thoses stats, a CAST with Setlla/Power S would out do a beast in ATP AND ATA, while a beast with Setlla/Hit S would still be inferiour in ATA by about 50 points.... (and take a ATP hit)

This leads me to belive that CAST will make the best FiGunners, presuming ATA is a major factor in later missions.
It all comes down to how good Beasts natural ATA is compared to high level mobs.
For obvious reasons, Humans with their poor atp, hp and def are not considered, unless there is a S rank Crea Replica, they won't match up at all.

Nayte
Dec 6, 2006, 12:52 PM
...Or you could just use Stella/Power S on a Beast to make their ATP even higher and use Tenora weapons (for the accuracy). I personally wouldn't raise the accuracy of a beast to lower it's attack power, i would make it's strengths even stronger.

Ronzeru
Dec 6, 2006, 01:06 PM
Humans = sexier Figunners.

physic
Dec 6, 2006, 01:36 PM
supposedly srank monster evade is a big dif from teh previous levels monster evade, the figunners will be able to hit more often with only a slight atp drop, also as far as the guns, every weapon has its uses, their are enmies which take half melee dmg, but normal bullets. twin handguns manueverability and dmg own the megid spitting jarba, while allowing you to move and not get spamed with freeze ae. basically teh figunner has some options forte doesnt. as well as more ata, if forte can ever get over the ata hump they own, but likely their will always be some mobs with high evp. BTW human had highest evp, which is really an underated stat, especially for fiunner who uses a lot of quick PAs.

oh yeah, and tornado dance ehhhhh..... 1 part combo, strong dmg boost but overall usually less hits to the mob, heavy PA costs, often knockes enemies to far to follow up easily. I really wasnt that impressed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: physic on 2006-12-06 10:44 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 6, 2006, 02:00 PM
^
umm, actually, Newmans have better EVP than Humans, but yes, it is a very important stat. I found it very useful when doing A rank relics and such, much better than getting knocked across the stage and having to run up to the enemy again, and get smacked again. Even a CAST could get himself knocked across the stage, and they have the highest dfp of all races, so evasion would help against super powerful attacks like that cuz you can just block it and keep slashing away at the enemy.

Yoruichi
Dec 6, 2006, 02:03 PM
I have a firm hatred for evp, if it was possible I'd rather go supreame dfp just because block stops all actions imediately so only healing and shooting can phase through blocking. As far as PAs you stop abruptly and you lose your current and chance to link to more powerful chains/finishers.

PaladinRPG
Dec 6, 2006, 02:08 PM
On 2006-12-06 11:00, Shiroryuu wrote:
^
umm, actually, Newmans have better EVP than Humans, but yes, it is a very important stat. I found it very useful when doing A rank relics and such, much better than getting knocked across the stage and having to run up to the enemy again, and get smacked again. Even a CAST could get himself knocked across the stage, and they have the highest dfp of all races, so evasion would help against super powerful attacks like that cuz you can just block it and keep slashing away at the enemy.

As long as you can try to evade back attacks, EVP is a very solid defense style. The interruptions on your PAs can suck, but if you learn to time them correctly around the attacks, this does not happen too much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaladinRPG on 2006-12-06 11:10 ]</font>

Itsuki
Dec 6, 2006, 02:19 PM
On 2006-12-06 07:25, Arieta wrote:
Why would you compare A rank twin handguns with 21+ bullets when neither of these classes you mentioned can even use them? Sure Figunners can use twin handguns, but only up to 20. Fortefighters can only use Single handguns. Plus Bullets lower your overall ATA, they don't raise it. Unless you mean that after 21 they don't remove anymore of the negative ATA to the bullet (like stopping at 80% ATA).

Any chance though you can list of the stats of what a Fortefighter would have compared to a figunner? I keep seeing the figunners stats but never the fortefighters. I assume these are level 10 job level 60 right?

I was just triyng to make the comparison. And level 20 and onward is 75% ata for twin handguns and handguns. I think its 65% for level 10? Doesn't matter. Point was to show that because beast ATA is so low, the increase is almost non existant. Its like low with a higher multiplier is still low.

As for the stats. I'm feeling too lazy to format them, so this is literally straight copy pasting. Oh, and yes, this is Level 60, Class level 10.

Male Cast Fortefighter
1976 656 238 82 177 75 38
Male Cast Fighgunner
1763 595 285 114 141 135 38
Male Cast Fortegunner
1800 570 490 101 97 217 39
Male Cast Guntecher
1580 482 380 144 94 181 77

Male Beast Fortefighter
2201 730 179 92 169 93 46
Male Beast Fighgunner
1907 642 208 126 132 163 45
Male Beast Fortegunner
1890 598 348 108 88 254 45
Male Beast Guntecher
1709 520 278 158 88 218 90

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 6, 2006, 02:33 PM
On 2006-12-06 11:08, PaladinRPG wrote:

^

As long as you can try to evade back attacks, EVP is a very solid defense style. The interruptions on your PAs can suck, but if you learn to time them correctly around the attacks, this does not happen too much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaladinRPG on 2006-12-06 11:10 ]</font>

yeah, I don't really mind too much if my PAs are stopped because PP regenerates over time. HP doesn't unless u have a force or if u use mates which is a last resort.

PaladinRPG
Dec 6, 2006, 02:36 PM
On 2006-12-06 11:33, Shiroryuu wrote:
yeah, I don't really mind too much if my PAs are stopped because PP regenerates over time. HP doesn't unless u have a force or if u use mates which is a last resort.

Or if you're a bit impatient for PP, a photon charge! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ryoki
Dec 6, 2006, 02:56 PM
On 2006-12-06 11:03, Yoruichi wrote:
I have a firm hatred for evp, if it was possible I'd rather go supreame dfp just because block stops all actions imediately so only healing and shooting can phase through blocking. As far as PAs you stop abruptly and you lose your current and chance to link to more powerful chains/finishers.

At least it wasn't as bad as PSO.
An assload of Evade materials that I didn't want to use....

BTW: Is the class now officially? spelled FighGunner?
Last I remember it was FiGunner. At least FiGunner looked neater.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-12-06 11:59 ]</font>
________
BMW PROGRESSIVE ACTIVITY SERIES (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_Progressive_Activity_Series)

panzer_unit
Dec 6, 2006, 03:03 PM
On 2006-12-06 11:33, Shiroryuu wrote:

... or MeRestore.

For my Cast hunter, currently I've got everything piled on in favor of DFP to avoid getting interrupted. It's not horrible if you're careful in combat, but there are plenty of monster hits that cause a flinch just as inconvenient as evading an attack, only with 100+ damage tagged on top.

Realmz
Dec 6, 2006, 03:12 PM
i was going to be a figunner, but then i picked up a shotgun and fell in love. Now i need to wait and get five more levels in ranger to get fortegunner.

do whatever you damn want reguardless of the stats!

beast fortetecher? go ahead, i'll play with you if your not an ass =p

lavosmanx
Dec 6, 2006, 03:26 PM
So here is the kicker... will the beast figunner be able to hit anything with their double sabers? Btw I did a bit of math with the potential hits of the double saber... They can do potentially more dmg then an axe can. But that isn't an issue.. the issue is will a beast fi be able to get any hits in at all or a majority of the time?

Realmz
Dec 6, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-12-06 12:26, lavosmanx wrote:
So here is the kicker... will the beast figunner be able to hit anything with their double sabers? Btw I did a bit of math with the potential hits of the double saber... They can do potentially more dmg then an axe can. But that isn't an issue.. the issue is will a beast fi be able to get any hits in at all or a majority of the time?

he'll make every hit when you go around and backstab like you should http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Umberger
Dec 6, 2006, 03:29 PM
It's true that Beasts have low ATA, but it's not like they're blind or something. They still hit most of the time, and their high ATP more than makes up for the lost hit(s).

EDIT: Also, Photon Arts increase your accuracy, and most people I've seen using melee weapons will use their Photon Arts more than their normal attacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umberger on 2006-12-06 12:30 ]</font>

Arieta
Dec 6, 2006, 04:42 PM
On 2006-12-06 12:29, Umberger wrote:

EDIT: Also, Photon Arts increase your accuracy, and most people I've seen using melee weapons will use their Photon Arts more than their normal attacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umberger on 2006-12-06 12:30 ]</font>

Photon arts actually *decrease* your accuracy. Like you might see a ability that says 120% ATP 55% ATA. That means you gain 20% bonus to your ATP, but lose 45% of your ATA. You can check this out further if you go to your inventory and switch to the 2nd or 3rd page of your weapon. It'll show it's damage and ATA, then it'll show your modified damage and ATA from the PA that's currently equipped to it.

To give you example, my spear had a modified ATP of around 1,800 ATP because of the PA I have on it, but it's ATA is like 30% lower then normal.

mechatra
Dec 6, 2006, 05:39 PM
^

Exactly. Which is another particular reason as towhy Spears are so popular and generally damn usefull.

Dus daggas (and if online stats have any reflection to it - Dus Robad) have fantastic ATP and ATA stats, very high damage modifiers with the least ATA drop out of pretty much every single PA. Only real downside is the PP cost.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 6, 2006, 06:25 PM
^

You know what's more interesting? In Neidaiz relics, if you equipment a Light elemental armor, now only will you take less tech damage, but you will take less physical damage too. As a Female newman force, I would take less physical damage than a male cast or male beast with that armor. DFP is not that great of a stat, believe me. Here's my comparisons:

HP > DFP . Dpf really doesn't do to much that it can compare to hp.

HP = EVP . Depending on how much evasion you have , you can prevent yourself from taking unwanted damage.

HP < MST . If you can take a couple of strong tech hits, then HP really won't help you much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-12-06 15:26 ]</font>

physic
Dec 6, 2006, 06:57 PM
there are physical attacks and magical attacks, also there is how much dfp your armor has. dfp does matter, look at how much dmg npc takes versus you, but armor is pretty tricky at this point, essentially we ve all been using crappy armor up to this point.
evp are good but for hunter its a double edged sword, because it can stop your pa, with the pp gone, or stop you from getting up to 2nd or third aniumation, which usually has boosted stats. but at the same time , not taking 300 dmg or more, is gold as well, sooo its a tricky thing. if your fortefighter you basically sacrifice your evp, 50% exp stat, sooo eh. for a forte he may as well work on dfp and hp cause adding to ev will prolly be adrop in the bucket.

mst, is another stat most hunters dont have, so why sweat it, also, will only help you vs magic attacks, and not everything is magic.

Hp makes a dif , having played beast and human, that huge hp is usually gonna keep you alive longer.

anyhow, you will generally adapt to your strengths and weakness, and play ccordingly if your good

Hotobu
Dec 6, 2006, 08:24 PM
What many of you 'MA BEAS DON MIS MUCH LOL' people don't realize is that when it comes to guns ATA is a two teired stat. The first step is actually getting the hit. #2 is applying the status effect. The higher your ATA the better the chances of status effect. So as a Beast Figunner you may hit reliably with your guns, but the Cast will be far better at getting his status effects to hit. Secondly you either haven't played PSO or have a short memory. If you'll think back to the jump from Very Hard to Ultimate was a bitch, and I don't expect anything less from Srank on PSU. With the low ATA that bests have you may start to feel a little limpdick when we get more updates.

FROM BEHIND! is not as easy as it's made out to be. The fucking PSU 'theory fighters' around here are getting more pedant by the day. Sure if you can shove a weapon up someone's butt it makes things easier, but due to a myriad of extenuating circumstances that isn't always plausable. Furthermore guns don't get the autotarget ability that melee weapons do. So while you can pull out a saber, target, and strafe behind in a tight circle that is nowhere near as easy with a gun.

The Figunner class exists for two reasons. Double Saber whores and wannabe Dantes. If all you want to do is shoot shit for high damage pick the beast. If you're willing to sacrifice some power to get a few more status effects out of your guns pick Cast.

Minneyar
Dec 6, 2006, 10:29 PM
On 2006-12-06 17:24, Hotobu wrote:
What many of you 'MA BEAS DON MIS MUCH LOL' people don't realize is that when it comes to guns ATA is a two teired stat. The first step is actually getting the hit. #2 is applying the status effect. The higher your ATA the better the chances of status effect.

What's your source for that? I've never even seen that printed anywhere before. My experience has been that status effect success rates are based solely on the weapon type, bullet type, bullet level, and enemy resistance.

Arieta
Dec 6, 2006, 11:39 PM
That's how I've heard it as well. Never seen it applyed that having a better ATA will have a better chance of putting on the status effect. Differant weapons have a better or worse chance of applying the stuff.

Mystil
Dec 7, 2006, 06:09 PM
First: I am NOT blowing you off.

I'm also late with this but whatever.

Alisha you seem to be expressing interest in online aspect of the game(cause expert classes are online only). Well what are you waiting for? Jump in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif