PDA

View Full Version : forgot about rangers in update?

TravisVI
Dec 5, 2006, 04:09 PM
well i ve been pureblooded ranger since the start of pso but this update seems to lack ranger coolness unlessi missed something. laser cannons and grenade launchers... k, well lookin at these lvl 30 photon arts and stuff for like a ton of diff style weapons for hunters and allthe new spells for FO...what else are we getting, why cant our gun shots look cool or something, oh well , it wont bother me too much, im never going hunter or ne thing else but ranger so i uess ill have to wait till next update maybe?

DarkAeon
Dec 5, 2006, 04:10 PM
(quick reply) i think 2 new SUVs?...

TravisVI
Dec 5, 2006, 04:11 PM
ok yea i forgot, 2 new SUVs ...for casts, im humna ranger , im hopin maybe since no1 has seen the lvl 30 photon arts for fortegunner characters guns, maybe they do look cool, im hoping

ChronoTrigga
Dec 5, 2006, 04:13 PM
Umm....use 1handed weapons if you want flashy photon arts. Photon arts = Melee, Bullets = Gun, you do the math. o_O

DarkAeon
Dec 5, 2006, 04:13 PM
don't worry though this is just one update gotta be patient

panzer_unit
Dec 5, 2006, 04:16 PM
Hello... LASERS? GRENADES? Setting bosses on FIRE?

RivaOni
Dec 5, 2006, 04:19 PM
Hunters can shove their flashy stuff up their jacksies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Being a Ranger isn't about being flashy, its about supporting others and making the job easier.

Its like Football (soccer), the holding midfielder and defence do most work, but becuase theres a guy whos got a knack for sticking his foot out at the right moment while hanging around near the goal, to put it in the back of the net, all the infamy is drawn away from those players who put more in.

and for the record, I'm not saying Hunters aren't hard working, but really, they're theyre to finish off.

panzer_unit
Dec 5, 2006, 04:23 PM
I think loading Light on a shotgun or grenade launcher and making a pack of monsters rip itself apart is pretty flashy.

Akaimizu
Dec 5, 2006, 04:24 PM
Hmmm. While I'm all for the support role (which is what I'm aiming for), I can't exactly argue against that kind of flash.

Umberger
Dec 5, 2006, 04:24 PM
Yeah...I saw a video of grenade launchers in JP PSU, and trust me, they're flashy.

Explody photon orbs, and they arc too...yay for enemies not realizing that no matter how much they walk into that fence, they'll never reach you on the other side.

Pure-chan
Dec 5, 2006, 04:25 PM
On 2006-12-05 13:09, TravisVI wrote:
well i ve been pureblooded ranger since the start of pso but this update seems to lack ranger coolness unlessi missed something. laser cannons and grenade launchers... k, well lookin at these lvl 30 photon arts and stuff for like a ton of diff style weapons for hunters and allthe new spells for FO...what else are we getting, why cant our gun shots look cool or something, oh well , it wont bother me too much, im never going hunter or ne thing else but ranger so i uess ill have to wait till next update maybe?

Have you seen cannons yet? They're ...intense. Think spear penetration, plus gun range, plus status effects, plus non-stop firing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Oh and don't forget, you also get 20% more range with fortegunner. D:

Akaimizu
Dec 5, 2006, 04:25 PM
As an aspiring guntecher, I probably wont see those grenades from me, for a while. (That is, when I try Fortegunner) I think the laser cannons are in my more immediate future.

panzer_unit
Dec 5, 2006, 04:31 PM
I doubt I'll have the stats to wield ANY of the new toys for a while. Until then, I'll be happy enough just getting my hands back on a bow and cranking up skill on the new ammo types.

JAFO22000
Dec 5, 2006, 04:33 PM
and allthe new spells for FO...

Wha?? Only four spells have been confirmed so far (unless I'm mistaken....PLEASE let me be mistaken!)

Wheatpenny
Dec 5, 2006, 04:38 PM
And let us not forget the Lazer Cannon..stick fire bullet on it and make a green cast and then you can pretend you are the Masterchief from Halo 3 using the new Spartan Lazer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryogen
Dec 5, 2006, 05:32 PM
Update is not even out yet, just hold your opinions till then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wheatpenny
Dec 5, 2006, 05:50 PM
Aww come on....I have seen pics of the grenade launcher/photon cannon/giant metal footbal with a spike on front.I don't know how anyone could NOT feel like a badass shooting one of those. Hell I could shoot one and it do only one damage and would still be excited cause its a freaking huge gun.....

Nani-chan
Dec 5, 2006, 05:52 PM
"forgot about rangers in update?"
the A rank hanguns with silencers say No.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 5, 2006, 05:55 PM
Update won't be changing anything for rangers. Still will be using Rifles for freeze and Twin handguns for paralyze all day long. Lasers have like 1/3 the pp of rifles. Sure they can pierce but with hunters flinging mobs left and right it is kinda pointless.

Dukelion
Dec 5, 2006, 07:24 PM
I have my rifles and dual pistols for ass kickery. I get a few of everything else just to show it off to my friends.

Also fun to ocasional show up in my friends party as a Cast Fo...I got my pistol and BLAM!

"WHERE THE F__K DID THAT RESTA COME FROM?"

-dis-
Dec 5, 2006, 08:28 PM
On 2006-12-05 13:33, JAFO22000 wrote:

and allthe new spells for FO...

Wha?? Only four spells have been confirmed so far (unless I'm mistaken....PLEASE let me be mistaken!)

I heard you only get giresta.

Or maybe I made that up.

Well, whatever the case, I'm sure you will have 3 star luck nearly daily.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -dis- on 2006-12-05 17:28 ]</font>