PDA

View Full Version : Question about 7* weapons on update.

Kwan
Dec 5, 2006, 06:51 PM
Does the hunters 7* weapon have an element% when you buy it at npc for 90k ?

Merumeru
Dec 5, 2006, 06:55 PM
XD doubt it, delicious green for everyone!

Wheatpenny
Dec 5, 2006, 06:56 PM
Naw there all mint flavored.

Randomness
Dec 5, 2006, 07:01 PM
Yeah. Spearmint sabers for everyone!

VelosofLight
Dec 5, 2006, 07:02 PM
Better than the grape everyone seems to be using, anyway.

Wheatpenny
Dec 5, 2006, 07:11 PM
I propose a new ranger weapon. I call it the Flavor cannon. it shoots 12 lb. Jolly Ranchers(Still in wrapper) like a bazooka.

Choja
Dec 5, 2006, 07:30 PM
On 2006-12-05 16:11, Wheatpenny wrote:
I propose a new ranger weapon. I call it the Flavor cannon. it shoots 12 lb. Jolly Ranchers(Still in wrapper) like a bazooka.

You know the grenade launcher shoots like a gumball spewing mortar machine, right? I'm serious, it does. And if you install this bar of photon, it changes the flavor fired! It's freakin' awesome, except they don't sell the mint or grape flavors yet. Just cherry, blueberry, lemon, and orange.

Ryoki
Dec 5, 2006, 08:53 PM
On 2006-12-05 16:02, VelosofLight wrote:
Better than the grape everyone seems to be using, anyway.

Dark enemies only exist in LL right now, so Dark is without a doubt the most ownage element as of now.

also, green is for tree hugging wussies.

________
KANSAS CITY ASSEMBLY PLANT (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Kansas_City_Assembly_Plant)

Ravennittes
Dec 5, 2006, 08:59 PM
I love being a force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. I get to change the flavor and size of the De Ragan's balls I shoot at enemies (De Ragans balls = lvl 21+ Diga).

hucast21
Dec 5, 2006, 09:08 PM
On 2006-12-05 17:59, Ravennittes wrote:
I love being a force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. I get to change the flavor and size of the De Ragan's balls I shoot at enemies (De Ragans balls = lvl 21+ Diga).

ROFL.

Chris28
Dec 5, 2006, 09:43 PM
im gonna buy the double saber board and make my own instead of buying minty double sabers.

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 5, 2006, 09:53 PM
Most people should have Lv 100 pms by now so Id hope theyd synth them ... at Least US players. GREEN SUCKS!

Metempsychic
Dec 5, 2006, 10:12 PM
Don't be too hasty to grab A-Ranks if you don't have to (as it, it's not an A-Rank+ only weapon). You most likely wont be able to grind A-Ranks, as the [B] Grinder A isn't "supposed" to be released with the update.

You can get away with using a 6*, ground a few times for a while yet. You'll save a lot of meseta, I'd think. I hate to think of how expensive A-Ranks are going to be to charge if B-Ranks already make me cringe. You don't need to waste meseta when theres no reason to.

To answer your question...No, they wont have elemental percentages. Only a handful of armors will ever be sold from an NPC with elemental defense, and no weapons. That's what synthing is for.

hucast21
Dec 5, 2006, 10:18 PM
The [B] Grinder A isn't even on the JP servers yet IIRC.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 5, 2006, 10:58 PM
7* weapon = waist of money plane and simple.

6* Grinded is much better

Just like going from C to B rank the cost of PP refill goes up, the cost of grinders goes up but just because it has a new model and a A instead of a B next to it on its data sheet doesnt make it any better than any other 1* increase.

Given the fact that there are NO A grinder boards a 6* weapon is not only equal to a 7* weapon but BETTER, and once you can grind A weapons the 7* will only be slighly better with a major cost increase. go 8* or better or dont bother with A rank.

Carbinne
Dec 5, 2006, 11:02 PM
If the level 7 fists let me be all Sagat and throw out TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER and when the enemy gets close I can let em have it with TIGER UPPERCUT then I'm so there. Of course that's ludicrous and is never going to happen. It's a pain to try and do a f, d, df motion on a keyboard anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

VanHalen
Dec 5, 2006, 11:03 PM
On 2006-12-05 18:53, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
Most people should have Lv 100 pms by now so Id hope theyd synth them ... at Least US players. GREEN SUCKS!

no it doesnt when you fight someone and you dont have that persons elemental weakness it does good damage and you'll have no weakness personally i believe every weapon looks good in a certain photon color like GRM's Jitseen look awesome in blue those weird looking Yohmei daggers i think with th azino idk look cool in green

hucast21
Dec 5, 2006, 11:08 PM
On 2006-12-05 19:58, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
7* weapon = waist of money plane and simple.

6* Grinded is much better

Just like going from C to B rank the cost of PP refill goes up, the cost of grinders goes up but just because it has a new model and a A instead of a B next to it on its data sheet doesnt make it any better than any other 1* increase.

Given the fact that there are NO A grinder boards a 6* weapon is not only equal to a 7* weapon but BETTER, and once you can grind A weapons the 7* will only be slighly better with a major cost increase. go 8* or better or dont bother with A rank.

Except Axes start at 7* and I think they're worth it considering JP players have vouched for it's usefulness on this board.

Carbinne
Dec 5, 2006, 11:10 PM
Do Axes even come in less than 7 star variants, though? I'm thinking that they might be "you have to be 7* or higher to exist" which would explain why people are saying protransers won't be able to equip them for a very long time.

hucast21
Dec 5, 2006, 11:13 PM
Axes start at 7*. The 7* axe alone has over 1000+ Att. If it came in any lower variants, the game will be broken.

7* = 90k. If you want power, you have to pay for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-12-05 20:13 ]</font>

Itsuki
Dec 5, 2006, 11:15 PM
To actually answer the question:

None of the 7* weapons have elements, but a few of the 8* weapons do (such as the claw which has like 30+% dark), which should drop from the soon to be added S-rank areas.

Carbinne
Dec 5, 2006, 11:18 PM
So there might be a possibility where a c/b rank kubara axe that is uber secret rare* that drops in insano s rank linear line** might be in high demand because it's crappier than the normal ones and is thus actually usable by lower level people! People might actually pay 80-90k for a lower rank weapon that's crappier in all aspects if only becuase they can wield it. Awesome!

* There may not actually be a c/b rank kubara axe that drops at all
** And certainly not in someplace like linear line s (maybe bruce's dungeon a)

Ether
Dec 5, 2006, 11:23 PM
On 2006-12-05 20:15, Itsuki-chan wrote:
None of the 7* weapons have elements, but a few of the 8* weapons do (such as the claw which has like 30+% dark), which should drop from the soon to be added S-rank areas.

Wait a minute, the boards wont drop anywhere, but completed weapons do? Talk about broken...

Do cards and axes drop anywhere? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 5, 2006, 11:33 PM
Except Axes start at 7* and I think they're worth it considering JP players have vouched for it's usefulness on this board.

well obviously the comparison is void for axes because there is no 6* axe so that entire statment is null.

Im talking about having a 6* version of a weapon is a better idea than the 7* version.

Axes myself I think can be good in the right hands, but for the most part people will suck with them.

Nani-chan
Dec 5, 2006, 11:40 PM
I know this is slightly off topic.. but I am starting to think about slowly replacing my *5 (6)s to *8

I will lose about 300 PP per weapon (yohmei to GRM), but gain a good boost to atp and acc. I'm thinking maybe by going fortegunner with the PP save will handle the loss perfectly.

I also really hope the conversion boards for vestaline, par ebon, and chicotite will be available on friday.

I don't really need advice ViciousXUSMC, my methodology is sound. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-12-05 20:55 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 5, 2006, 11:42 PM
well for a hunter/ranger the decision is probably harder to make than for me as a force. You need to take into account the accuracy stat of a weapon while I dont.

Sombody from the JP game may have better advise for you. As far as the conversion boards, dunno but S rank will be open and they drop alot more in S rank missions so finding them in shops shouldnt be too bad.

hucast21
Dec 6, 2006, 12:01 AM
On 2006-12-05 20:33, ViciousXUSMC wrote:

well obviously the comparison is void for axes because there is no 6* axe so that entire statment is null.

Im talking about having a 6* version of a weapon is a better idea than the 7* version.

Axes myself I think can be good in the right hands, but for the most part people will suck with them.

Of course, you're comparing the highest B-rank(6*) to the lowest A-rank(7*).

Now there are some 7* that compare to 6*, like twin daggers:

Last Survivor 6* (GRM)
PP 285 Att 185 Acc 187

Aldaga Sava 6* (Tenora)
PP 222 Att 178 Acc 229

Shin Tsuki-zashi 7* (Yohmei)
PP 348 Att 166 Acc 236

Which one would you rather have?

Here's another example, knuckles:

Grater 6* (GRM)
PP 288 Att 302 Acc 240

Gudda Brebba 7* (Tenora)
PP 275 Att 310 Acc 287

Do you prefer PP or Att or a little bit of both? It all depends on your playstyle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-12-05 21:02 ]</font>

Remedy
Dec 6, 2006, 12:06 AM
On 2006-12-05 21:01, hucast21 wrote:
Which one would you rather have?To be honest? The 7* Yohmei ones. Sue me, but I love PP pools, and I really love asthetics, which is why I'll be ditching my Hajirods for Granarods as soon as I can.

-Crokar-
Dec 6, 2006, 12:07 AM
i use all grm weapons atm exept the F. bulb.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 6, 2006, 12:07 AM
probably the tenora and grind it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (daggers)

and the GRM for the knuckles.

Why? because you cant grind the 7* they will be inferior when you get +6 or higher on the 6* stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-05 21:08 ]</font>

hucast21
Dec 6, 2006, 12:21 AM
On 2006-12-05 21:07, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
probably the tenora and grind it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (daggers)

and the GRM for the knuckles.

Why? because you cant grind the 7* they will be inferior when you get +6 or higher on the 6* stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-05 21:08 ]</font>

If people want to use A-ranks for aesthetics, then so be it.

You like to have more power/bang for your buck, nothing wrong with that as well.

Different strokes for different folks.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 6, 2006, 12:23 AM
indeed thats true.

im gonna take the wise mans road and go for more bang for my buck, and well a stronger weapon too.

When A grinders are out (the boards) the story will change completly but it could probably eat 1/2 a million meseta just to get a decent grind on 1 8* weapon so thats later in life.

KRKcl17
Dec 6, 2006, 12:39 AM
I'm poor... <View sig> So, I'm a little worried about getting my hands on an A rank... But, no big.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 6, 2006, 12:40 AM
I woudnt be poor but my pure tech PM took care of my money for me.

Arieta
Dec 6, 2006, 06:38 AM
I thought 8* rank boards were for sell as well.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 6, 2006, 06:40 AM
They are, and if I was going A rank I would definitly go for the 8* stuff.

however the cost is nearly double of that 7* so some are going for the lower rank for the $$$ others just because you can buy 7* already made at the npc and not worry about synth.

Realmz
Dec 6, 2006, 07:43 AM
i would probably get a 8* shotgun, since i hear that shots grind horribly (or i could try making a kubara version, cause i here kubaras of anything grind wonderfully, plus, black shot guuun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

and a greneade launcher, problem is i don't wanna spend the 90k on it, just to find that i don't like it later, how much are the 7* boards?

Arieta
Dec 6, 2006, 10:09 AM
I think it depends on the weapon really. I was checking the item datebase. Some weapons can be better if they're 6* and grinded, some arn't though. Like twin daggers 6* GRM compared to 8* Yohemi.

GRM ATA 187. ATP 185. PP 285. (6*)
Yohemi ATA 264. ATP 178. PP 358. (8*)

Now that's ungrinded. The biggest differance between the two is the ATA. If you can live with the lower ATA, you can grind the GRM one to have equal PP in about what.. 4 grinds since twin daggers gain a lot of pp per grind. It already has about 10 more ATP, which would only increase further with the 4-5 grinds. That would make the 6* equal PP and way more ATP then the 8* at about a 70 ATA lose. That's not to bad since you'll hit harder and it's cheaper overall.

Other weapons though are better just to go 8*. Lets use twin sabers for this example.
6* GRM twin saber. ATA 193. ATP 236. PP 279.
8* GRM twin saber. ATA 245. ATP 312. PP 315

In this case the 8* twin saber would be better since you would have to grind the 6* a LOT to even just equal the ATP of the 8* since it's facing a almost 80 point lose. I'm sure a grind 6* would have more PP but to even equal that amount of ATP you would need a ton of grinds at least 7+.

physic
Dec 6, 2006, 12:52 PM
also, you cant grind ata, which for many i hear will be a big deal in s rank missions. also figure the cost of grinding, maybe for you it goes perfect, but i have only sucesfully made 3 b+6-10 out of like 40 grinders, Point is grinds fail, and break weapons, the a rank already starts out as like grind 4 or 5 and there is no way to get that ata bonus. but yeah, a ranks arent automatically the haxor items. still for all new weapon types, you have no choice if you want to use them, or even level the PAs.

Essentially for most weaps you dont need A ranks, yet, but 8 and 9s will be hard or impossible to beat in terms of ata/pp/power also you know once those grinders hit, your B ranks gonna be ehh

Stixx
Dec 6, 2006, 01:06 PM
Well, there are a few weapons you can buy in the store that come with elemental percentages. I know for a fact that there is a pair of twin daggers you can buy on the colony with lightning percentage.