PDA

View Full Version : PSU without the music?

happy_cricket
Dec 5, 2006, 09:51 PM
Stupid, stupid dog....

My dog just yanked the PS2 off the entertainment center. The DVD tray jammed up, and my room mate took it apart and got it unjammed. But now, when I enter PSU, there is no music (just footsteps). It's kind of eerie. The character never renders either, just stays blue. When I leave the central table, I freeze up.

Stupid, stupid dog....

VelosofLight
Dec 5, 2006, 09:52 PM
I'd say the loss of music is the least of your worries. Ah well, get the PC version?

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 5, 2006, 09:56 PM
No music = Makes me sleepy. I have to have my music on. Especially if I have to create a playlist from my itunes and volumes.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 5, 2006, 10:01 PM
I honestly can't stand the music for more than 30 mins, no matter what zone it is. I end up listening to other music through winamp.

ABDUR101
Dec 5, 2006, 10:06 PM
Yeah, your dog really knows the dollar value of your stuff.

If your dog fucked up your PS2(or any other console) then you did'nt have it setting anywhere safe. It was only a matter of time before your dog, friend or family member(even you) did something to cause it to fall or get knocked around to cause it damage. Lesson learned, be glad it was just a PS2 and not a $400-$600 console.

Pandatron
Dec 5, 2006, 10:07 PM
I play without music sometimes it actually keeps me awake, the PSU music started making me sleepy, I have my own playlist now to prevent me from sleeping now but even that only helps for about 45 minutes then i'm sleepy due to grnding xD.

happy_cricket
Dec 5, 2006, 10:10 PM
On 2006-12-05 19:06, ABDUR101 wrote:
Yeah, your dog really knows the dollar value of your stuff.

If your dog fucked up your PS2(or any other console) then you did'nt have it setting anywhere safe. It was only a matter of time before your dog, friend or family member(even you) did something to cause it to fall or get knocked around to cause it damage. Lesson learned, be glad it was just a PS2 and not a $400-$600 console.

Way to take something too seriously. Quick, go hug your companion animal and think positive thoughts against all the injustice in the world. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 5, 2006, 10:11 PM
On 2006-12-05 19:07, Pandatron wrote:
I play without music sometimes it actually keeps me awake, the PSU music started making me sleepy, I have my own playlist now to prevent me from sleeping now but even that only helps for about 45 minutes then i'm sleepy due to grnding xD.

I used to go through an all nighter. That's the only way I would get sleepy XD. But this was when the game was a little more fresh.Doing Temple A runs from 6pm till 8 am in the morning... Good stuff with friends. XD

Metempsychic
Dec 5, 2006, 10:14 PM
I don't even remember what any of the music sounds like in PSU, other than the music during the menu. I haven't had the music on since around the first of November.

happy_cricket
Dec 5, 2006, 10:15 PM
You know, the funniest thing is, I never noticed there was a footstep sound before....

MXdude
Dec 5, 2006, 10:16 PM
I loved the footsteps in PSO.

VelosofLight
Dec 5, 2006, 10:17 PM
'cept for RAcasts, though. In PSU, my friend had a midget RAcast that still apparently weighed several tons. I guess proportions only change your density, not your mass...

EphekZ
Dec 5, 2006, 10:18 PM
BGM is overrated. more annoying rather than nice.

Pandatron
Dec 5, 2006, 10:19 PM
On 2006-12-05 19:11, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

On 2006-12-05 19:07, Pandatron wrote:

I used to go through an all nighter. That's the only way I would get sleepy XD. But this was when the game was a little more fresh.Doing Temple A runs from 6pm till 8 am in the morning... Good stuff with friends. XD

Concurred i mean when i mean really depends on the area, like de ragen music makes me sleepy but if i'm playing through agata relics i can stay awake playing through that cause the music appeals more so to me. I hope the music on the new missions will be as a appealing as the A.Relics i could zone out to that and mindlessly play xD. I'll need it for the 8k mission point ^_^;;;.

happy_cricket
Dec 5, 2006, 10:20 PM
Not only do they weigh several tons, but the beasts are still stronger http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I always thought the casts should have the most ATP.

MXdude
Dec 5, 2006, 10:21 PM
Casts would make sense having more ATP, but they cant have everything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VanHalen
Dec 5, 2006, 10:42 PM
On 2006-12-05 19:20, happy_cricket wrote:
Not only do they weigh several tons, but the beasts are still stronger http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

it makes more sense since they are made of metal. a flesh man with more ATP HA!

and because i missed it 400th post WOOO (well 403)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-12-05 19:43 ]</font>

AeraLure
Dec 5, 2006, 10:43 PM
On 2006-12-05 19:01, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
I honestly can't stand the music for more than 30 mins, no matter what zone it is. I end up listening to other music through winamp.

I do the same.

VelosofLight
Dec 5, 2006, 10:44 PM
It makes me sad that my music interferes with the sound though. Even if I turn the music in the game off and leave effects on, it makes 'em all weird.

happy_cricket
Dec 5, 2006, 11:42 PM
Yay update! The dog is forgiven! I cleaned the hell out of the disk with Windex, and all is good! I celebrated with a new hairstyle and body color!

Erm... I mean... with killing dragons, and um... other macho stuff....

VelosofLight
Dec 5, 2006, 11:43 PM
On 2006-12-05 20:42, happy_cricket wrote:
Yay update! The dog is forgiven! I cleaned the hell out of the disk with Windex, and all is good! I celebrated with a new hairstyle and body color!

Erm... I mean... with killing dragons, and um... other macho stuff....

Gay robot alert! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Gojin
Dec 6, 2006, 02:45 AM
The music sucks so does all the grunting sounds so I turn off the music and sound and just play some crunk music, be bumpin that Outkast, and that keeps me awake I can listen through every song of every Outkast album they're just that good.

SirenV
Dec 6, 2006, 02:54 AM
Bar 2-4 tracks, the music is extremely boring. It's upsetting.

ProfessorZ
Dec 6, 2006, 03:41 AM
360 FTW

Pentence
Dec 6, 2006, 05:40 AM
On 2006-12-05 19:42, VanHalen wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-12-05 19:43 ]</font>

Being a jack of many sciences i know my biology and it is not far fetched at all to have an organic mass weigh several times more than metals.A baboon is a prime example of an incredible amount of power in a rather small area for a liveing creature.So it is perfectly possible to have a liveing creature of the same size be far denser than a robot of same size.

However a liveing creatures right lobe isnt as direct in computing as a computer is.We think in a very nonlinear manner so we dont arrive at conclusions the way a computer does even if we arive at the same one.So we couldnt beat them in calculating in a specific manner which is why casts have such high acc.

See it all makes sense if you know your science(this IS a science fiction rpg after all).

Ravennittes
Dec 6, 2006, 05:53 AM
I tend to listen to music that's not from PSU, but goes well. Like that of the show .Hack//Sign.

Sychosis
Dec 6, 2006, 08:39 AM
A friend of mine listens to non PSU music so loudly he can't hear voice chat.

And he is always asking people to pick random numbers to determine the next album he plays http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Tarathiel
Dec 6, 2006, 10:17 AM
id say that the music is what bores me and maybe other people about this game....its wussy music no adrenaline when beating things over the head only stinky calm music

Ryno
Dec 6, 2006, 10:58 AM
i sometimes turn the music off the psu from the option screen .. because i hear the same music over and over so i just plug my ipod into the 360 and play different PSU music from the soundtrack "save this world original score" isnt that cool!

Ryno
Dec 6, 2006, 11:02 AM
the best songs that i like are S.E.E.D., Wtih you, and for a bright day

Sychosis
Dec 6, 2006, 11:08 AM
Ukishima > You

fay
Dec 6, 2006, 12:30 PM
a cause of falling over the controller wire ?
could always get a wireless remote. take it to a computer store. im sure they could fix it

btw is it just me or does any1 else think the music in newdais sounds cool. i luv it when i hea them people in the backgrounds say 1 or 2 words. even though i have no idea what it is they say it just sounds awsome lol

Ryoki
Dec 6, 2006, 03:57 PM
On 2006-12-06 07:17, Tarathiel wrote:
id say that the music is what bores me and maybe other people about this game....its wussy music no adrenaline when beating things over the head only stinky calm music

Uh...ok...
I thought the Mizuragi District music kicked ass. But I miss these from PSO:
Ruins (Was better the first time I went through it offline alone at like level...10... with my trust lockgun+19)
Barba Ray
Vol Opt (Second Stage.)
Spaceship
And I do miss the creepy-ass calm plains music from the Dark Falz area...The fact that to the left there were gravestones always freaked me out.

________
HOW TO GRILL FOOD (http://www.cooking-chef.com/grilling/)

VanHalen
Dec 6, 2006, 04:32 PM
On 2006-12-06 02:40, Pentence wrote:

On 2006-12-05 19:42, VanHalen wrote:

Being a jack of many sciences i know my biology and it is not far fetched at all to have an organic mass weigh several times more than metals.A baboon is a prime example of an incredible amount of power in a rather small area for a liveing creature.So it is perfectly possible to have a liveing creature of the same size be far denser than a robot of same size.

However a liveing creatures right lobe isnt as direct in computing as a computer is.We think in a very nonlinear manner so we dont arrive at conclusions the way a computer does even if we arive at the same one.So we couldnt beat them in calculating in a specific manner which is why casts have such high acc.

See it all makes sense if you know your science(this IS a science fiction rpg after all).

wow i never thought of it that way

BigSword
Dec 6, 2006, 05:27 PM
For some reason, my favorite music is the Linear Line tune.