PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Am I just too nice?

MayLee
Dec 6, 2006, 01:09 PM
I was in a mission with a couple people from PSOW last night and I was the leader. One thing I hate about me being a leader is removing people from the party which isn't what I like. I always see it as giving a person a chance instead of booting them off without an explanation, it makes me seem like the wicked witch of the west when I do it so I normally don't remove someone unless it is totally right.

Last night some guy enters a party with me and a few people and he seemed like a nice guy untill he started cursing for no reason and acting like...a child, yeah that's a better term for it. He was a smart-mouth and when Crokar, I beleive it was who told him to pipe down because there was a girl (Me) in the room and all of that was not needed. He apologizes in a smart way but I ignore it because I'm not bothered by it. Then he disrespects Crokar and basically everyone els in the party and he was crossing the line with it. He says something rude and I reply, "No comment" and replies back, "Good because I don't want to hear it" Hmm, I sure hope he realizes I am the party leader..Well after that we finished the mission and I was going to abandon mission so we could do De Ragon run over again but the guy activates the crystal after everyone said not to touch it. So we were transported back to the last level lobby and we now had to do the crumby missions. He then told me to boot him and stuff but before I got to he left the party. Heh, wow what a waste of time.

-----------------------------------------------------

Later me and a couple people did a C rank mission and most people were low level, I'm talking about ranging from 7-15 and they kept dieying left and right..(Mostly by those things that chuck Megid in your face) But I saw this as not such a big problem because I think it wouldn't be fair to boot them and it was just a C rank and all I wanted was to have fun.

My question is, am I too nice? Is it getting the better of me?

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 6, 2006, 01:13 PM
Gahhhhhh.... Yes, you're too nice. I would have booted him out with the smartass remark he made. Of course I give people chances, but when they start crossing the line, that would have let me take them out XD

Akaimizu
Dec 6, 2006, 01:14 PM
Sorry to hear that party stuff wasn't going well for you. Was the rest of the night, nice? I know I only got to travel with ya for only a little bit before that party kind of broke up.

In general, it's always tough to do the booting thing, no matter what. But on the other hand, perhaps it is also good to not tolerate such ill behavior as well. Don't want to give the impression that that kind of conduct is acceptable.

I'm pretty sure that after a boot, they may come to their senses and realize they did go out of line. Still it's a situation not many leaders want to be put in.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-06 10:17 ]</font>

Bast
Dec 6, 2006, 01:18 PM
Well, I'll comment from the bottom up. It seems that you were just messing around in that mission. So if people were dropping like flies because they're getting purple beach balls thrown at them, its fine. Making an assumption on the given levels (7-15), they might still be learning some stuff (if they're not vets).

Hell, I was level 2X when I saw those mobs with the megid balls. I'm an old PSO vet from ver. 1, 2, and GC. And I was like "oooo pretty..." before I got killed for the first/last time from a megid ball. Now I'm like "its Ob Lilys all over again!"

However, for the first story. You should have kicked him out from the time he started being rude. Stupidity is not a handicap. If you're friends you should enjoy your experience.

If someone comes in and is cool and helpful, then you made a new friend. If you have a jerk like that in a mission, kick'em. I don't think you'll want to party with him anyway.

MayLee
I was inching towards the remove button but I kept debating with myself over it. I didn't like how he disrespected everyone and myself included and I should have booted him to save us the trouble of having to listen to him

The rest of the night was great, the reason why I left the party you was in was because I had a full inventory and needed to unload items.

ljkkjlcm9
I don't boot unless someone makes it very apparent they should get booted, and in this case, that guy would have been booted. I was playing earlier this week who was complaining about SEGA not updating fast enough and blah, and how he's been waiting for 2 weeks with his level 50 character and blah blah. So I kicked him, and right after I did everyone thanked me. Certain people deserve to be kicked. Personally dieing is not a reason to kick... UNLESS, there was a time I was carrying 10 scape dolls and offered them to people so they wouldn't die, and then someone died when they had refused to take one, that is annoying and I would kick them for that.

THE JACKEL

lordzanon
Dec 6, 2006, 01:19 PM
while i dont care if people die in the missions i do, i will not tolerate a idiot who think he can say what he wants because his identity is masked by the internet. he will recive the boot up his arss with no lubricant what so ever.

Tra
Dec 6, 2006, 01:21 PM
sorry to be totally racist, but do you happen to be Chinese?

JAFO22000
Dec 6, 2006, 01:23 PM
Unfortunatly, this guy was a douche. More than likely, he gets his jollies off of annoying people. Because of his actions, he WANTED to get booted. For some reason, people find this fun.

The WORST thing you can do is post about people like this. Just ignore them and they'll go away.

MayLee
Dec 6, 2006, 01:23 PM
On 2006-12-06 10:21, Tra wrote:

No, I'm African American. What does that have to do with this topic?

AndrewLD16
Dec 6, 2006, 01:24 PM
Should have booted him when he started being a smart ass. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 6, 2006, 01:24 PM
The ones that joined your game are the ones that have stepped into your office. You're the teacher and you can do what you want to them :3 Give them candy or a scolding for what they have done.

...Or you can be democratic and ask for a round of votes via mail as to whether or not to kick the guy.~

"Step into my office, son..."

Pandatron
Dec 6, 2006, 01:25 PM
I only boot under the following terms.

1. If they have a habit of dying (minus the run after de ragen dying there is acceptable everywhere else big no no).
2. Smart asses and those that are nuisances, including spammy terms. I don't mind a "NO U!" and "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND" every now and then but after the 5th mission and 7000th quoting it gets old... if i'm leader i'll warn then kick i don't play around xD. If not leader i'll simply leave and can't find a party come back later.
3. People that camp or brb for loot and claim it's lag. Ya i realize it's hard to prove but when if your a block or 2 behind, its a sign that you should either alt+tab the game or d/c. You try a small size party or another time of the day that lag ya.

Though back on topic i think you were a bit too nice there, there's a limit to such things and he just erased the line of that limit and re-drew it every which way x.x.

Tra
Dec 6, 2006, 01:26 PM
nothin'. Chinese girls are surprisingly over-obedient

by the way, kicking has no drawbacks.

kick with a smile
kick with a laugh
kick ruthlessly

Cry0
Dec 6, 2006, 01:26 PM
Unless someone personally offends an aqaintance of me, i wont ever use the boot button.

ZodiacNKnight
Dec 6, 2006, 01:27 PM
I'm going to say you're too nice...
When I run a group I expect a player to show some respect.
I believe taking peoples items after killing monsters in frowned upon but these are different times... So I'm lenient on kicking people for gameplay, dieing, and skills. If you suck it's alight, you won't be kicked. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
But my main rule is when you join my group you're a guest. Act like one or you're going to be finding another group.

-Crokar-
its a sick and twisted world we're in.

Itchee
You can still be nice....and still boot people at the drop of a hat. Being blatently disrespectful is tiresome regardless of the medium its presented in.

On a side note.....I'll party with ya sometime, MayLee......I can behave around tha ladies.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Bast
Dec 6, 2006, 01:31 PM
On 2006-12-06 10:26, Tra wrote:

A bit stereotypical...

Genobee
Dec 6, 2006, 01:33 PM
I would have kicked him right after you killed the dragon, so he couldn't get any loot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ZodiacNKnight
Dec 6, 2006, 01:35 PM
On 2006-12-06 10:33, Genobee wrote:
I would have kicked him right after you killed the dragon, so he couldn't get any loot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I would have kicked him right before or during the boss fight. Maybe he will learn... maybe not.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 6, 2006, 01:37 PM
On 2006-12-06 10:33, Genobee wrote:

You gain the loot towards mission goals when you have completed the area.

The end-mission notification is just there to greet you, not to reward you online.

That means that you will instantly get your reward when the goal has been met,you dont need to accept that notification at all.

To use him, I would have booted him in the middle of fighting the dragon so that he could be of help and not gain anything from it.

Pandatron
Dec 6, 2006, 01:37 PM
On 2006-12-06 10:26, Tra wrote:

by the way, kicking has no drawbacks.

kick with a smile
kick with a laugh
kick ruthlessly

(Cultural) stereotype type much?

Also really depends on time of day. You kick someone at early AM hours in states your going to be down a man for a few hours, that's a huge drawback on lvl:40+ missions cause put a PM in it's place you just added 5-10 minutes to your run even with a good group.

Though kick someone during 'prime-time' hours not so much a problem replacements come out the wood works.

JAFO22000
Dec 6, 2006, 01:38 PM
I really would only boot someone if they were just trying to screw around (i.e. not helping in clearing mobs), being an annoyance (and yes, I can take a lot! And I'll warn before booting in this case), or just want to "tag along" for a free ride (not a problem IF you help along the way. Don't just wait in block one!).

Dying is not a problem in my party as I'm not a totally serious player. If someone were dying often, I'd probably tell them to try an easier mission for them, or I'd try to help them. Dying once or twice does not mean a boot in my party. You'll probably get ragged about it, but I won't blow up like some other people if this happens. (unless they're careless...different story).

All in all, I like a middle of the road party; one that's serious enough to accomplish the mission at hand in a timely manner, yet is not so serious that people are yelling at each other for heals and getting PO'd when someone gets the rare they want, etc...

Pure-chan
Dec 6, 2006, 01:46 PM
You're too nice and that player took advantage of it.

Anyone that can't remain civil for a mission that lasts all of 10 minutes, isn't worth the effort, and likely won't appreciate your patience.

I was helping a friend level the other day. Part way through the mission, we had a random HU (overpowered for the area, of course), run in, spamming PA's, killing everything before my friend could tag. He didn't say anything when we greeted him, didn't ease off after we asked him to and took the boss warp before my friend could join.

Unsurprisingly, he didn't apologize for jumping ahead and instead denied that he triggered the warp by claiming that it was on a timer.

...Needless to say, I returned his goodwill by introducing him to my close friends 'Blacklist' and 'Remove Player'. ...mid-boss, of course. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-12-06 10:49 ]</font>

Ronzeru
Dec 6, 2006, 02:02 PM
On 2006-12-06 10:23, MayLee wrote:

Nothing. But from a african american male, to an african american female, I have some advise you might wanna heed.

Next time someone's acting like that up your party, you need to break ya foot so far up their ass till its coming out of their throat. lol even still, you are too nice, which is a great aspect about you. It's actually one of the things that attracts so many of us to you.

zDon't change. If anything, just lessen your tolerance to bullshit just a lil bit more, so that you don't feel bad to handle situations like that the way they should be handled.

-Crokar-
Dec 6, 2006, 02:03 PM
or give some one else party leader and have them boot them...but thats just me

Mystil
Dec 6, 2006, 02:04 PM
He says something rude and I reply, "No comment" and replies back, "Good because I don't want to hear it"
-------------

I would say:

"Hear what? That you are going to get booted?"

Asshole has been removed by the Party Leader.

AeraLure
Dec 6, 2006, 02:10 PM
You were indeed too nice and should have felt fine booting the person in the first example. I rarely boot but would have booted anyone that disrespectful. I've had and have been in parties like that a too much myself and its sort of why I solo often I suppose.

Anyway, dont let it get to you. If they are causing difficulty in a game you are running, then boot. Its what its for.

T2
Dec 6, 2006, 04:16 PM
I've played with a total douch bag like that too. A beast named DEVIL'S ADVOCATE on xbox360. We were doing Desert Terror A, in the first block he starts calling other players idiots because if they had taken any computer programing course they would KNOW that luck has no effect in the game..... so of course other party members started going off on him.

By the second block he was threating to punch people in the face if he knew where they lived and general comments about not being afraid to use his guns.

After getting laughed at for another block he (I make have encouraged it with some timely cellmate jokes)totally went ballistic on how he hated this game and wanted to kill all Japanese people.

It just got so absurd the people thought he was literally roleplaying an asshole. Has anyone else played with this guy?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T2 on 2006-12-06 13:24 ]</font>

Ryoki
Dec 6, 2006, 04:17 PM
Too bad you didn't have a friendly hacker on your team to discombobulate his system from the inside out.

Although from my experiance, most hackers are asses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-12-06 13:18 ]</font>
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER (http://volcanovaporizer.net/)

JAFO22000
Dec 6, 2006, 04:19 PM
On 2006-12-06 13:16, T2 wrote:
I've played with a total douch bag like that too. A beast named DEVIL'S ADVOCATE on 360. We were doing Desert Terror A, in the first block he starts calling other player idiots because if they had taken any computer programing course they would KNOW that luck has no effect in the game..... so of course other party members started going off on him. By the second block he was threating to punch people in the face if he knew where they lived and being not afraid to use his guns. After been laughed at for another block he totally went ballistic on how he hated this game and wanted to skill all Japanese people.

It just got so absurd the people thought he just literally roleplaying an asshole. Has anyone else played with this guy?

No, but now I want to!! Sounds like a hoot!

Akaimizu
Dec 6, 2006, 04:23 PM
Sometimes you'd think Dennis Leary's job is threathened, these days. I don't think he can keep up with the world of them. Now even his song about them sounds stupidly tame.

But on the other hand, I would guess that the name could throw you off in thinking they were roleplaying the whole thing. Still, most people still believe it is taboo to even attempt to roleplay those kind of characters. Yeah, maybe a little full of themselves, but in general go for jovial characterizations that should be 'fun' for the party. Not 'un-fun'. (Sorry. Just wanted to use the word.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-06 13:35 ]</font>

Tahldon
Dec 6, 2006, 05:59 PM
Too nice huh? Hm.. I'd more or less say something along the lines of "Tolerant of idiocy" or thing as such.

There's a time for "mercy" and all, Maylee, I'm quite sure you're aware of that. Anyway, When someone -politely- tells someone to calm down a little and they don't, they automatically get booted. It's almost as though they're -begging- for it.

I'll explain. I'm much like yourself, I try to give people a chance. I try not to seem like that ultimate asshole, but some people just WANT it so badly it's pitiful. Sometimes when I'm feeling more tolerant, I'll give ONE verbal warning "C'mon man.. all that isn't necessary" or "Do you -have- to act like a jackass?". You know, something to tell them that they're being annoying.

That's a rare case with me though. If you're acting like an idiot, you already KNOW it. No one has to tell a person that they're being annoying or ignorant, because they should already know it.

Just yesterday, Jacob K. and I were partying and this guy named Yun comes into our party. I was party leader. He seemed cool at first "You guys mind if I join you?", he said and I'm all like "Nah, not a problem man." So we start partying and he starts shouting into the mic "Whoo hoo! Lets DO THIS!" I let it roll off as excitement but all of a sudden he starts saying "Balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls" like over and over and over again.

Now you tell me...was I wrong for kicking him without even explaining to him that he's being dumb and annoying? What person in their right mind says Balls in someone's ear repeatedly for not good reason at all? None, right, that's why I booted him.

Moral of the story? Don't be so nice to other people and make yourself suffer. If a person is being idiotic they already know it so you don't have to warn them, just boot them.

So keep doing your thing Maylee. No one will hate you for ridding yourself of ignorance and rude people. I, for one, certainly will not. http://www.angelfire.com/droid/boltz/meg7.bmp

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tahldon on 2006-12-06 15:05 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Dec 6, 2006, 06:03 PM
Don't be too nice. I will be more than glad to kick out scrubs that don't take my party seriously. I only expect the best from my teams.

Knowbodie
Dec 6, 2006, 06:15 PM
Maylee ur too nice. Sadly, there's always rude people like that, best you can do is boot them early if they become troublesome. I think many of people who play, have met rude/elitist players who feel as if everyone is beneath them and they can treat people badly because they wont be reprimanded.

Does anyone know how to mute voice chat on particular players on xbox live? That might help me and others.

JAFO22000
Dec 6, 2006, 06:21 PM
I haven't tried muting VC on PSU, but for other XBL games you can select their gamer card and there should be an option to mute the player from there. I think you can look at eveyone's GC if they are in your party also....or maybe you need their partner card to look at their GC, I'm not sure....well, I KNOW if you have their PC you have access to their GC, and I THINK that if they are in your party, you can access their GC.

MayLee
Dec 6, 2006, 06:37 PM
On 2006-12-06 11:02, Ronzeru wrote:

Nothing. But from a african american male, to an african american female, I have some advise you might wanna heed.

Next time someone's acting like that up your party, you need to break ya foot so far up their ass till its coming out of their throat. lol even still, you are too nice, which is a great aspect about you. It's actually one of the things that attracts so many of us to you.

zDon't change. If anything, just lessen your tolerance to bullshit just a lil bit more, so that you don't feel bad to handle situations like that the way they should be handled.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif
Thanks, Ron and everyone. I wish I did boot him to save me and the party of the annoyance. >.<
He also made complaints about the game and everyone..at the same to replied, "Then don't play it" He also made fun of bows and that I shouldn't use such, "Gay" weapons..which, is MayLee's specialty..Who would have thought Bows had a sexuality. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif He also made a comment about the Japanese and their game making skills..which I think he is totally wrong because without them..RPGs would be nothing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I'll be less lolerant next time..for the sake of myself and the team.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 6, 2006, 06:53 PM
lol. Remember his name, next time you see him. Blacklist.

For one, he's playing a foreign game, at which he signed up and is paying money for, so I do not see why he's complaing over it.

Guitarsmasher
Dec 6, 2006, 07:00 PM
On 2006-12-06 10:09, MayLee wrote:
I was in a mission with a couple people from PSOW last night and I was the leader. One thing I hate about me being a leader is removing people from the party which isn't what I like. I always see it as giving a person a chance instead of booting them off without an explanation, it makes me seem like the wicked witch of the west when I do it so I normally don't remove someone unless it is totally right.

Last night some guy enters a party with me and a few people and he seemed like a nice guy untill he started cursing for no reason and acting like...a child, yeah that's a better term for it. He was a smart-mouth and when Crokar, I beleive it was who told him to pipe down because there was a girl (Me) in the room and all of that was not needed. He apologizes in a smart way but I ignore it because I'm not bothered by it. Then he disrespects Crokar and basically everyone els in the party and he was crossing the line with it. He says something rude and I reply, "No comment" and replies back, "Good because I don't want to hear it" Hmm, I sure hope he realizes I am the party leader..Well after that we finished the mission and I was going to abandon mission so we could do De Ragon run over again but the guy activates the crystal after everyone said not to touch it. So we were transported back to the last level lobby and we now had to do the crumby missions. He then told me to boot him and stuff but before I got to he left the party. Heh, wow what a waste of time.

-----------------------------------------------------

Later me and a couple people did a C rank mission and most people were low level, I'm talking about ranging from 7-15 and they kept dieying left and right..(Mostly by those things that chuck Megid in your face) But I saw this as not such a big problem because I think it wouldn't be fair to boot them and it was just a C rank and all I wanted was to have fun.

My question is, am I too nice? Is it getting the better of me?

haha, dont look at it in whether youre too nice or not. every person has a point in which they start to get really mad and boot someone. that guy just didnt hit yours yet. plus, it doesnt just show a sign of kindness, but also of maturity. psu and the world could use more ppl like you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dukelion
Dec 6, 2006, 07:02 PM
I havn't Blacklisted a single player in PSU or any internet game or otherwise. Mainly cause morons make for good character study and they are generaly just ammusing.

Not that this should affect what you would do.

Anyways, I kick people at the first sign of idiocy. I might as well be kicking an npc. I have that much of an emotional attachement to a computer than a complete stranger.

P.S. Nothing wrong with being too nice as long as your not too dumb. If you'r both...you could be easily taken advantage of.

AnamanaAU
Dec 6, 2006, 07:11 PM
Kicking someone who dies, who is low level and so on may make you feel like an ass, but you shouldn't feel like an ass kicking a jerk.

Dukelion
Dec 6, 2006, 07:13 PM
Wanna clarify before someone goes bat s__t on me. By idiocy I mean saying stupid things or just standing around. If someone is playing badly it's probably because they don't know what they are doing. And since that is the case most of the time, I try and help em out.

Most of the it ends up with a new PC card and someone wanting to buy stuff from my shop. Win/Win situation.

Sychosis
Dec 6, 2006, 07:17 PM
On 2006-12-06 13:16, T2 wrote:
I've played with a total douch bag like that too. A beast named DEVIL'S ADVOCATE on xbox360.

DEVIL'S ADVOCATE is a total jackass and has been on my blacklist for a good while.

But onto the topic. I really didn't find much offensive about the guy. Maybe I'm just thick skinned? Regardless, if he made you so uncomfortable and you didn't have the heart to boot him, you should have let Crokar or myself do it. HE MADE FUN OF THE FIFTH ELEMENT FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!

The only thing that pissed me off was when he activated the crystal. The whole reason we were there was for you to make some cash. Which is why I took it upon myself to reimburse you for his jackassery.

But it was kinda unexpected when he said he did it purposely and wanted to be booted. I mean, Crokar and myself are nutty enough to put Planters out of business, but even that got a WTF? flag out of me. If I wanted to piss someone off I would have done it and bolted.

EDIT: The Megid deaths were kinda fun. I was certainly glad to see you weren't of the "Die=boot" persuasion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-12-06 16:31 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Dec 6, 2006, 07:22 PM
On 2006-12-06 10:09, MayLee wrote:

He was a smart-mouth and when Crokar, I beleive it was who told him to pipe down because there was a girl (Me) in the room and all of that was not needed.

If it was me I'd have booted Crokar first. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

MayLee
Dec 6, 2006, 07:31 PM
Sychosis: He made fun a lot of things, Crokar was one of them. >.<

I don't like the whole, die= boot thing, and besides, I myself got owned by megid..I died instantly which scared the crap out of me. o.o

Shimarisu: Haha, that's mean. >.<

Ronzeru
Dec 6, 2006, 07:32 PM
Crokar makes a fun whipping boy. ^_^

MayLee
Dec 6, 2006, 07:36 PM
I wouldn''t know. >.>

Sychosis
Dec 6, 2006, 07:41 PM
I know he was being an ass. I just don't care much about people like him and ignore them.

I think Crokar would agree with me that making fun of the fifth element = boot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MayLee
Dec 6, 2006, 07:52 PM
The fith element was an okay movie, it was better with Chris Tucker in it..He cracks me up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Crokar-
Dec 6, 2006, 08:59 PM
NEGATIVE IM A MEAT POPSICLE. well at least i got some popularity around here.

MayLee
Dec 6, 2006, 10:59 PM
On 2006-12-06 17:59, -Crokar- wrote:
NEGATIVE IM A MEAT POPSICLE. well at least i got some popularity around here.

You may thank me later. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Merumeru
Dec 6, 2006, 11:03 PM
kick the fucker XP not mean at all, just trying to keep a friendly environment...if youre going to be on a team with people, they should at least have the decency to say shit regarding the mission than mocking the other members

FenixStryk
Dec 6, 2006, 11:05 PM
Wow, you are WAY too nice. I mean, kindness is one thing, but once someone starts steppin' on you, you better tell them to get steppin' before you do it for them, the hard way.

Ronzeru
Dec 6, 2006, 11:06 PM
The PSU community is infatuated with your meatpopsicle Crokar.

MayLee
Dec 6, 2006, 11:07 PM
On 2006-12-06 20:05, FenixStryk wrote:
Wow, you are WAY too nice. I mean, kindness is one thing, but once someone starts steppin' on you, you better tell them to get steppin' before you do it for them, the hard way.

I should get meaner. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ronzeru
Yo Fenix are you guys still on? My interweb connect just blew out for a bit. ; ;

Sychosis
Speaking from experience Ron?

Ronzeru
Dec 6, 2006, 11:08 PM
Sychosis you know good n well that the interweb is more into cute lil anime girls with big meatpopsicles even more. Crokar's still not number one. =3

Sychosis
Dec 6, 2006, 11:10 PM
Did you just call me cute?!

VelosofLight
Dec 6, 2006, 11:11 PM
On 2006-12-06 20:08, Ronzeru wrote:
Sychosis you know good n well that the interweb is more into cute lil anime girls with big meatpopsicles even more. Crokar's still not number one. =3

Where? Do our PMs have those? I'd hit it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FenixStryk
Dec 6, 2006, 11:11 PM
On 2006-12-06 20:07, Ronzeru wrote:
Yo Fenix are you guys still on? My interweb connect just blew out for a bit. ; ;My internet didn't stop, but then again I'm not on my 360 right now. *shrugs*

MayLee
Dec 6, 2006, 11:13 PM
On 2006-12-06 20:10, Sychosis wrote:

No, he called you highly adorable. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

*nod* *nod*

Ronzeru
Dec 6, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-12-06 20:11, VelosofLight wrote:

On 2006-12-06 20:08, Ronzeru wrote:

Where? Do our PMs have those? I'd hit it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I think at least Model 410 and 450 does.

Ronzeru
Dec 6, 2006, 11:15 PM
I mean hell, PM Model is wearing a cos-play Anna Miller's uniform, come on. How obvious can they make it?

Choja
Dec 6, 2006, 11:16 PM
Remind me to start hitting everyone that uses an eupheism in a conversation.

Sychosis
Dec 6, 2006, 11:18 PM
On 2006-12-06 20:13, MayLee wrote:

No, he called you highly adorable. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

*nod* *nod*

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_kuddel.gif

Ronzeru
Dec 6, 2006, 11:21 PM
On 2006-12-06 20:16, Choja wrote:
Remind me to start hitting everyone that uses an eupheism in a conversation.

Warning. They might just like it.

MayLee
Dec 6, 2006, 11:38 PM
On 2006-12-06 20:18, Sychosis wrote:

*nod* *nod*

O-o

FenixStryk
Dec 6, 2006, 11:41 PM
On 2006-12-06 20:38, MayLee wrote:

On 2006-12-06 20:18, Sychosis wrote:

No, he called you highly adorable. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif*nod* *nod*
O-oYou and me both, Lee. You and me both... c_c;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-12-06 20:45 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Dec 6, 2006, 11:42 PM
There's this feature on PSOW, forgot what it was called... "private message" or something like that?

tomkat492
Dec 7, 2006, 12:00 AM

From one african american male to another african american male to an african american female, I beleive that post equals...nuff said.

On a side note, if we party together again and you cant just find it inside to boot that douche in the party, gimmie leader and I'll boot him without remorse.

-Mataeo Hinomu

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tomkat492 on 2006-12-06 21:03 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Dec 7, 2006, 12:05 AM
Imsomeones nuber 1....probobly not...

-Shimarisu-
Dec 7, 2006, 12:09 AM
"African american" is a fairly dumb term if you yourself are not an ex-pat from Africa.

tomkat492
Dec 7, 2006, 12:12 AM
Ok then...um....really dark american? Or better yet, A Black Man.

((Also, a little help...I cant shrink the pic!))

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tomkat492 on 2006-12-06 21:12 ]</font>

Kent
Dec 7, 2006, 12:40 AM
Nice people in games, are a treasure to play with... There need to be more of them, they're kinda hard to come by on the PC version. :/ Seems like everyone's either obnoxious, elitist, or apathetic.

XHunter
Dec 7, 2006, 01:38 AM
Perhaps he was trying to showoff his talking skills to impress yoy, but he got to nervous and he pretty much turned into a failure.....i just don't know...(just thinking outside the circular box)

PMB960
Dec 7, 2006, 01:58 AM
I have only booted one person so far and that was tonight. They kept entering the party to see how far we were and then would leave. I can see if they wanted to hitch a ride but they just kept coming and going. I just kicked them before the end because it was obvious they just wanted to use us to get past the first mission. I haven't had to deal with anyone swearing like crazy yet though. I don't even boot people for dying 30 times.

MontyNice
Dec 7, 2006, 02:52 AM
LoL, I was in that party... that guy was being a real ass for no reason. I was hoping ML would have booted him but I guess not. But what really got me was the fact that he hit the crystal afterwards and then started being stupid about it... "oops I did you want to abandon the mission?" some shit like that. and then he just leaves the party and goes about his business...

ppl on these games... *smh*

-Ryuki-
Dec 7, 2006, 03:14 AM
It's not that you're too nice Maylee, it's that there's too many rude jerks/a-holes in this world. They find dumb reasons to pick on people, and it gives them pleasure seeing us frustrated and whatnot.

imfanboy
Dec 7, 2006, 04:01 AM
I have kicked 2 people.

One person came in to a Mad Creatures C run that was OBVIOUSLY just to get to the Raffon Field base quick as possible (we were all level 40 plus). He didn't say hi. He didn't respond for 8 minutes or so that it took us to do the run. just before we finish it, I stop beating on the last creature in the dungeon and say, "Look man, if you aren't going to say anything, even hi, I am going to boot you. I'm not freakin' kidding. I don't mind hitchers, but I do like polite hitchers."

He didn't say anything. Out he went.

Another time, it was a guy I've played with before and that was a good friend of an old PSO GC bud. He's almost always polite and considerate, but this time he was snide, insulting, degrading, insinuating, and everything else. FINALLY, he got to the point of what had set him off, that another person in the team had used katakana in her character's name, with a really direct insult at her nationality, and I booted him.

What really sucked is that we were in the middle of a Grove of Fanatics A run with only 4 people and my 410 and he was the only Hunter, so the rest of it took us nearly 25 minutes to finish off. Stupid non-burnable robots... <_< But I don't CARE if the team needs you, I'm not gonna take your crap.

You don't have to accept rudeness. That's what the boot's for. (that and getting rid of NPCs right before a bossfight). Not noobs dying over and over (that happens even to the best of us, and noobs need to learn somehow after all), not people being a little too talky instead of hacking, and certainly not just because you have the power to.

Tsudori
Dec 7, 2006, 06:26 AM
That guy sounded like a rite bell rappy. I wouldve left his punk ass after he started actin childish let alone wen he started bein a smart ass. People like that ruin the game.

Shaidar
Dec 7, 2006, 07:01 AM
Luckily I have yet to run into any real partycrashers like that guy. Might be because I avoid going to Uni1 unless I have to. I can't stand all the retards molesting the public chat.

If I run into someone like the guy mentioned I'd kick first and ask questions later. I do have patience, I just prefer to not use it unless really necessary.

As for hitchhikers it might get a bit annoying when they don't move an inch and just stand there waiting for the mission to be completed whilst hogging items. Usually I have patience with such people though. Not worth making a fuss off. Instead I make some more or less nasty remark at the end of the mission along the lines of "Thanks for leeching us. We hope to serve you again."

FrogKicker
Dec 7, 2006, 07:50 AM
Understandable that you wanted to kick him for being an asshat and all but Crokars ingame statement bugs me.

Cursing != assbag

I curse like a pirate and am great to group with. No offense, but I could give two shits if a girl is in my party. It's not going to make me say butt instead of ass, crap in place of shit, ect.. I swear, you people see that a 'girl' plays a game and you turn into SuperMacho100%NiceGuyWhoNeverEverEverEverDoesAnyth ingToOffendALady.

Back on topic: Why do you even need to ask if you are too nice? You know damned well you are. Next time just boot his ass and save us from an AoL chatlog....

Genobee
Dec 7, 2006, 08:25 AM
believe it or not I'm a nice person in game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. I just act like an ass on psow cause I'm bored. An sega makes me angry....

Shaidar
Dec 7, 2006, 08:37 AM
There's a difference between being a nice person and acting like one. :P Usually those two things go hand in hand though.

This post isn't directed at anyone here really :P Rather at all those backstabbers out there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaidar on 2006-12-07 05:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaidar on 2006-12-07 05:39 ]</font>

Cry0
Dec 7, 2006, 09:29 AM
On 2006-12-07 01:01, imfanboy wrote:
I have kicked 2 people.

One person came in to a Mad Creatures C run that was OBVIOUSLY just to get to the Raffon Field base quick as possible (we were all level 40 plus). He didn't say hi. He didn't respond for 8 minutes or so that it took us to do the run. just before we finish it, I stop beating on the last creature in the dungeon and say, "Look man, if you aren't going to say anything, even hi, I am going to boot you. I'm not freakin' kidding. I don't mind hitchers, but I do like polite hitchers."

He didn't say anything. Out he went.

That is exactly what's wrong with the boot function, imo. I mean, wtf? just because he didnt say something? Would you rather have him insulting? If he played right, or not wrong, anyway, and dint talk, he cnt play? ever thought he might be ps2 without keyboard? I mean come f-ing on. I think you're the one that's rude.

Genobee
Dec 7, 2006, 09:33 AM
who cares, if you get booted make your own game if you don't like to be booted, then you can boot other people. I boot people how I feel, I'll booy you if you don't say hi, I'll boot you if I don't like your name, I'll boot you if I think you attack funny. I don't care. I don't have to respect you or owe you anything. I made the room, so deal.

MayLee
Dec 7, 2006, 09:33 AM
On 2006-12-06 21:00, tomkat492 wrote:

From one african american male to another african american male to an african american female, I beleive that post equals...nuff said.

On a side note, if we party together again and you cant just find it inside to boot that douche in the party, gimmie leader and I'll boot him without remorse.

-Mataeo Hinomu

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tomkat492 on 2006-12-06 21:03 ]</font>
Will do.

Okay..how about, 'Americans" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif "Black american" o.o

MayLee
Dec 7, 2006, 09:44 AM
On 2006-12-06 22:38, XHunter wrote:
Perhaps he was trying to showoff his talking skills to impress yoy, but he got to nervous and he pretty much turned into a failure.....i just don't know...(just thinking outside the circular box)

By insulting me and my team? Men do show a funny way of liking someone..>.>

Neith
Dec 7, 2006, 09:49 AM
If people give you any abuse, blacklist/kick.

On the flipside, kicking new players because they messed up on a boss isn't the best way to keep a good reputation. I'm just sick of hearing about so-called veterans kicking new players because they happened to mess up.

If you don't want new players potentially costing you an S-Rank, use the Comment feature to let them know, rather than being an ass.

Back to topic, you shouldn't be so forgiving. If someone insults, you, kick them.

-Crokar-
Dec 7, 2006, 10:22 AM
its because of the 5th element....

Oxidation
Dec 7, 2006, 10:30 AM
I was running an A rank mission in parum i think it was the relics and someone joins that uses that horrible PA that throws the mobs all over the room. Everyone tells him to stop using it cuz its a pita to chase after the mobs to tag each one etc.
Especially being a force, pisses me off cuz i have to stop and shoot each 1 or cast a singular spell on each one instead of spamming AOE's. So he was asked politely to use a different weapon or PA and refused, kept doing the same thing and he got the boot. Go throw around some mobs by yourself.

Ronzeru
Dec 7, 2006, 11:27 AM
Native americans would sound like a dumb term too, being as we're all currently native to america. Yes, let's all be just americans!

Save for the people who sneak over here on boats, trunks, and hidden within small plastic packages that some fat man shoved up their rectum to smugle into the country of course.

tomkat492
Dec 7, 2006, 02:19 PM
Nah, that guy was just a dumbass and deserved the boot during the boss fight, right before De Ragan died, so he gets no xp or mission points.

Also, I boot piggybackers who just sit at the beginning of the mish and dont help or say hi either, and even if the guy is on ps2 and doesnt have a keyboard, your quick comments has hello in there, so there is no excuse for not being able to say hi.

Zarbolord
Dec 7, 2006, 02:28 PM
Nicer than me? Try!
-Always heal others whenever I can
-Always keep my parties open
-Always adjust item finds so they are fair
-Always give a chance to others to get exp
-Always give an item if one needs it
-Always polite and non agressive towards others
-Never have kicked someone, really, never kicked...
-No one is in my blacklist
-I buy from player shops more than NPC shops
-I always help out confused players
-Never called anyone a noob
-Always try to do my best
-Accept every single card I'm given

Nicer than me?

tomkat492
Dec 7, 2006, 04:29 PM
I think she might be dude...

mariwan
Dec 7, 2006, 04:35 PM
Holy...this threads been going and going and going and *infinity*

On Topic: Im a nice guy too but i have my limits...I havent kicked anyone yet for that reason but i would have! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MayLee
Dec 7, 2006, 04:36 PM
On 2006-12-07 11:28, Zarbolord wrote:
Nicer than me? Try!
-Always heal others whenever I can
-Always keep my parties open
-Always adjust item finds so they are fair
-Always give a chance to others to get exp
-Always give an item if one needs it
-Always polite and non agressive towards others
-Never have kicked someone, really, never kicked...
-No one is in my blacklist
-I buy from player shops more than NPC shops
-I always help out confused players
-Never called anyone a noob
-Always try to do my best
-Accept every single card I'm given

Nicer than me?

Yep, I've got every one of those listed.
Now why do you feel the need to compete? =

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2006-12-07 13:36 ]</font>