PDA

View Full Version : OK im getting REALLY p/oed

Overtaken
Dec 6, 2006, 08:24 PM
Is anyone else getting disconnects out the ass? I can't even log in without disconnecting shortly after

Gazette
Dec 6, 2006, 08:25 PM
What are you on?

DarkSeph
Dec 6, 2006, 08:29 PM
It's happened to me 2 times now, I basically shut the thing down for the day....nothing sucks worse than to be halfway into a block 3 and have that shite happen....It usually stars with you opening a box.....then opening it again.....then @#$@#@@#$ cursing at the tv and the box still remains and then BOOM! a disconnect.

Overtaken
Dec 6, 2006, 08:30 PM
I'm on dial up but seriously i never disconnect this much. I been playing since it came out.

Randomness
Dec 6, 2006, 08:31 PM
I've been DCed mid-game one or two times now. Since launch.

Gazette
Dec 6, 2006, 08:32 PM
I've DC'd but once since I started...
I think I errored too, so it doesn't even count.

Sychosis
Dec 6, 2006, 08:33 PM
My internet went down for an hour yesterday. But it was ok because MONK was on.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 6, 2006, 08:36 PM
I havent been disconnected or anything. I'm online FOREVER until an update of some sort or a maintenance. Care to give info about your system and etc.?

Ryoki
Dec 6, 2006, 08:52 PM
http://loldialup.ytmnd.com/

________
Water Bongs (http://glassbongs.org/)

Ri0T
Dec 6, 2006, 08:52 PM
Have these disconnects been happening on a daily basis? We have been getting wierd disconnects at around 6-8pm PST every day, but we attributed it to our ISP, since it seems to be bogging down our regular surfing as well. Basically it gets worse and worse until we can no longer connect, and "normal" service doesn't return until about 8am PST the following morning... so yeah, like 12 hours w/o PSU and w/o internet.

My ISP is Time Warner Cable... we're in southern california. We have a tech guy coming tomorrow to hopefully fix things up... but in the meantime it would be nice to know that there are other people out there experiencing the same thing. XD

Garnet_Moon
Dec 6, 2006, 08:54 PM
I was with some people today who got d/c'd quite frequently.

One came back and said he hated wireless.

None of them admitted to using 56k, but i'm on cable and don't d/c at all. In fact, I don't get anymore errors when I try to login now anymore. I used to have to try to connect multiple times and only got errors. I'm error free now. Wonder what happened...

Neith
Dec 6, 2006, 09:58 PM
I've been d/c'd 3 times.

Since October. Can't complain really.

Pandatron
Dec 6, 2006, 10:02 PM
I've been on haitus for the last 2 days... really *twitch*.

Though on topic i only get d/c if i'm in large parties during the day but at late hours in the morning i'm good (accursed college connection).

I suffer from the game randomly closing out which occurs like once a week or every couple days tis odd.

McLaughlin
Dec 6, 2006, 10:05 PM
Since I'm not psychic; PS2/PC/Xbox 360?

Ryoki
Dec 6, 2006, 10:06 PM
Oh, you guys have no sense of humor.

________
WARLOCK (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Warlock)

Golto
Dec 6, 2006, 10:11 PM
Ri0T: I had that happen too w/ twc but with opposite hours (it only worked 8pm-10am on hot or cold days). It was the cable modem overheating because of too much voltage in the cable. I just exchanged my cable modem for a new one and the problems went away.

Agne
Dec 7, 2006, 02:47 AM
i'm definately feeling the d/c pain. been happening several times over the last week. sometimes to the point that i quit playing. like he said, i'll just be playin along, hit a box and it doesn't explode, that's how i know it's coming... i always just stand still for a second and sometimes it wil return to normal and explode; usually i'll just get d/c'ed. sometimes it will happen with enemies around too.

Happened all day that i was lucky waaaah!!!

Agne
Dec 7, 2006, 02:49 AM
also i'm on 360 with cable. and the lucky day in question i tried playing by myself (however, i feel the amount of ppl playing b/c of being lucky pay play a part as i'm a male beast)

Sinue_v2
Dec 7, 2006, 12:32 PM
I've only been anonamously disconnected maybe 6 times since the game came out. If you have my card (Neika or Arisa), then you know I'm generally online ALL the time - though usually AFK sleeping, studying, pooping, ect. I've only gone offline a few times to play storymode over again and to watch the ocassional movie. The other few times I've been disconnected were generally because of computer crashes (I use ICS) or ISP issues.

I've known a few people who have very minor DC problems as well - maybe once or twice a week, and they're usually in the same boat I am. Wireless Router and DSL. There was one guy I knew who had constant problems because his dad decided that it would be a good idea to put the wireless routed in a centralized location in the house. The Kitchen... right next to the microwave. So everytime someone went to heat up leftovers, he'd lag like crazy and dissappear. He also had a 802.11g, and people using the cordless phone would screw him up and disconnect him as well. (I use a 900 Mhz phone, so I don't get any interferance)

If you're on dial-up and you're getting disconnected a lot - I'd suggest two things. Turn off call waiting, or switch to broadband. Those are the two simplest answers. I haven't tried messing with the PS2's modem init strings... I don't even think it's possible, but I could be wrong. I know you couldn't on the NGC. The Dreamcast was really nice in this reguard as you could noticably lessen the amount of lag you get with a few simple tweaks - and the DC fully allowed you to edit the init string as you so chose.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-12-07 09:34 ]</font>

RivaOni
Dec 7, 2006, 12:36 PM
OK, today I've been trying to play PSU, everything connects fine and I'm able to run around the Colony with no problems and even move bvetween other players' rooms.

But, when I try to either start a mission on the Colony or change planet, the game gets stuck ont he loading screen for around 4-5 minutes then I'm told the connection timed out and asked if I want to retry, which takes me back to the login screen (before you choose which character you're going to use).

If I try to reset before it tells me the connection timed out, the Ps2 just wont reset, I ahve to switch it off at the back.

Due to the time out error, I checked to see if Tiscali are having speed problems in my area, and they aren't, plus the fact my internet connection actually seems a little faster than normal.

Anybody got any ideas?

This is a bit of a set back (well alot really in terms of what I'm trying to do) as I have a deal on with a friend where if I reach level 20 tonight, he'll buy me my SUV weapon for my character as I dont have enough money to buy it as soon as I hit 20

Oh and I've got a 2mb ADSL connection, not dial up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RivaOni on 2006-12-07 09:37 ]</font>

Neo187H
Dec 7, 2006, 01:38 PM
I have also been having some extreme problems the last few days, with XBOX360 and DSL. Up until the other day I never had any problems with my connection. As I went to log on the XBOX dashboard popped up saying I needed to download a patch/update(can't remember which it said) before I could continue to play PSU and if I didn't DL the patch I would be disconnected from XBL. Ever since than I can't go more than 5 minutes with out getting an interrupt disconnect mssg. Especially when I am joining a party already in progress or visiting a shop that has somebody already in the room, and not so much when I solo a run.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neo187H on 2006-12-07 10:39 ]</font>

Pure-chan
Dec 7, 2006, 01:42 PM
2 dc's since October... but I'm on cable, too.
Perhaps it's a result of the new security updates?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-12-07 10:42 ]</font>

Neo187H
Dec 7, 2006, 01:50 PM
Security updates? were these updates coming from Microsoft? I havn't read anything about them.

Bast
Dec 7, 2006, 01:51 PM
2 to 3 disconnections since the first day of the release. DSL here.

Zarbolord
Dec 7, 2006, 01:53 PM
I'm DSL and Wifi and I keep on getting errors 058 and 057 and so it keeps on disconnecting me. I have it loads of times, but its ok, I don't get mad at it really. Atleast I'm playing online, that's what counts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Bast
Dec 7, 2006, 02:00 PM
Before the last maintainence I used to get a lot of problems when it was downloading/searching for updates. I would have to hit retry about five times or so. After that, never had that problem again.