PDA

View Full Version : Would you be Mad if...

DarkSeph
Dec 6, 2006, 09:05 PM
...This happened to you?

So I started this team and we were together for quite some time even moved around different planets...and we just started Moatoob and bam! I die cuz of a Fire breather (didn't realize it spit 3 fireballs) and I'm like...Damn! Sorry guys. So we just started out and they are all no prob, and I'm like I'll go buy a Scapedoll so this wont happen again but yeah, couldn't do that cuz of Moatoob shops and couldn't go back to my room being the team leader and all it would have been a pain to get the group back together again...so I just make up my mind to be a straight healer... So we get into the battle and a few people left but 2 more joined so 6 member team again and we are fighting like mad on A rank and my FREAKING BATTERY DIES! XBOX here... So i'm scrambling to get another battery pack in and just then I get Flamed again...yes, freaking AGAIN! those damn firebreathers. So I obviously die and Freak up the S rank for everyone and they are all like, I thought you were gonna bring a scape doll and I just feel sick that I ruined it for em so I leave.....

So would you be mad? Granted this has been a lesson to NEVER be part of a team again without taking at least 2 of those along with but yeah....live and learn.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 6, 2006, 09:07 PM
Scape Doll dispensors better be strategically placed in each S-Rank dungeon or people will walk away with C---- scores.

Guilt is always hard. I've done the same thing in the past when I was still a De-Ragan-Spam-n00b. I cried too almost. They seemed so upset...

Sychosis
Dec 6, 2006, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't be mad. One thing MS needs to do is give you an on screen reminder that your batteries are dying. Just like how it tells you when someone logs on, etc.

That would rape.

MXdude
Dec 6, 2006, 09:09 PM
On 2006-12-06 18:07, Sychosis wrote:
I wouldn't be mad. One thing MS needs to do is give you an on screen reminder that your batteries are dying. Just like how it tells you when someone logs on, etc.

That would rape.

The controller tells you they are dying.

Sychosis
Dec 6, 2006, 09:10 PM
I dunno about you, but I usually look at the screen when I play.

MXdude
Dec 6, 2006, 09:12 PM
Me too, but when it starts blinking and going in circles its easy to see from the corner(or bottom) or your eye. But that could just be because i play in the dark :s

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 6, 2006, 09:12 PM
Got batteries?

Seriously, don't be so hard on yourself. At times there are never ways to prove yourself to the team. You just have to make sure to carry at least 3 scapedolls before you do such difficult places http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

but lawl,who cares about that 4k, 50 minutes?! It's all about that tero/leg. Just mad-dash to the boss site, dont worry about those other things XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-06 18:14 ]</font>

DarkSeph
Dec 6, 2006, 09:16 PM
well, I don't know why but it seems that the Rechargable kind that MS puts out (although they are wicked cool) they start blinking even though the guide says it has 3 bars left! So I'm like http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif and try to keep an eye on the situation but this has happened on other less devestating games/times and I could care less but letting down a team in PSU is like.....Horrible feeling! So from now on definately the scape dolls, they are no biggie it's just I forgot this time to take them with so yeah.......couldn't stop thinking about it for hours!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-12-06 18:16 ]</font>

Pandatron
Dec 6, 2006, 09:16 PM
First i'll answer the question then rant.... If it happen once no i wouldn't be mad because it'a Moatoob and that place is hella hard. Though if it became like a habit every run, or every block, or every creature... ya i'd book it but once every couple runs not too bad i'd assume that after the second time they plan to be more careful, that's just me.

This wouldn't happen if i was playing with ya with this standard little procedure.

Trade cards
Pass the leader
Go to Room
Send a mail when ready
Invite to Party
Warp to mid-base
Begin new mission with scape dolls.

Not really time consuming unless you have a paranoia of others having your cards simple as that. Being scape doll-less is never an excuse, then again it could be that i'm a cruel heartless 4 foot tall newman nuker, that knowing even with the lowest def (and highest eva i think) that dying sucks but is preventable with scapes.

Sychosis
Dec 6, 2006, 09:17 PM
ROFL, mine always has 3 bars too.

McLaughlin
Dec 6, 2006, 09:18 PM
Go go peripheral vision!

It's kinda hard to miss >_> Just hit the Guide button if you want to see where your Battery Power is at. I switch mine out when it's at 1 bar. I have the Quick Charge thing (charges 2 at a time) so I always have a fresh battery to pop in.

MXdude
Dec 6, 2006, 09:19 PM
Yea this happened to me endless times in halo online >.> But for PSU i bought a controller with a cord to plug into my PC and im glad I did. I went through so many batteries. At any rate, dont feel too bad, it was a mistake. Its actually not hard to get back to your party. Just make sure they stay in the rest area and they can invite you back.

EDIT: Pandatron beat me to it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-12-06 18:21 ]</font>

Sychosis
Dec 6, 2006, 09:25 PM
On 2006-12-06 18:18, Zeta wrote:
Go go peripheral vision!

It's kinda hard to miss >_> Just hit the Guide button if you want to see where your Battery Power is at. I switch mine out when it's at 1 bar. I have the Quick Charge thing (charges 2 at a time) so I always have a fresh battery to pop in.

Interesting tidbit: A human's peripheral vision is far less adept than an animal's. You can actually only notice differences in color within a narrow angle of your center of gaze.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-12-06 18:26 ]</font>

Pandatron
Dec 6, 2006, 09:27 PM
On 2006-12-06 18:19, MXdude wrote:
Yea this happened to me endless times in halo online >.> But for PSU i bought a controller with a cord to plug into my PC and im glad I did. I went through so many batteries. At any rate, dont feel too bad, it was a mistake. Its actually not hard to get back to your party. Just make sure they stay in the rest area and they can invite you back.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ya know i never did consider batteries being an issue. I mean if it happen on a PC either you have a crap controller or your PC power supply gave out never a good thing for either xD.

The only drawback to the procedure is if you don't know the person well and they leave and are gone for like 5-10, even 30 minutes which then you have a debate on your hands never fun x.x.

MXdude
Dec 6, 2006, 09:28 PM
On 2006-12-06 18:25, Sychosis wrote:

On 2006-12-06 18:18, Zeta wrote:
Go go peripheral vision!

Interesting tidbit: A human's peripheral vision is far less adept than an animal's. You can actually only notice differences in color within a narrow angle of your center of gaze.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-12-06 18:26 ]</font>

I must have peripheral/vision ++ then since i find that i can notice much more than color changes.

AlMcFly
Dec 6, 2006, 09:29 PM
One thing I have often done but haven't seen mentioned here is asking another team member if you can buy a scape from them. Most are definitely down for it and sometimes you get really nice people that just give you one since they are so full of them.

MXdude
Dec 6, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-12-06 18:27, Pandatron wrote:

On 2006-12-06 18:19, MXdude wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ya know i never did consider batteries being an issue. I mean if it happen on a PC either you have a crap controller or your PC power supply gave out never a good thing for either xD.

The only drawback to the procedure is if you don't know the person well and they leave and are gone for like 5-10, even 30 minutes which then you have a debate on your hands never fun x.x.

Maybe my post was unclear lol. What i meant was when i played on my 360 with Halo, my batteries died a lot. So i bought a 360 controller with a cord to use for PSU on PC. And since i did that, I now use it for Halo aswell so i dont have to worry about batteries.

Sychosis
Dec 6, 2006, 09:30 PM
Of course you can notice things besides color change...but noticing changes in color only happens within a narrow angle.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 6, 2006, 09:31 PM
Haha wtf, you need batteries in you controller? And they run out OFTEN? What kinda crazy shit is this?

Arieta
Dec 6, 2006, 09:31 PM
The xbox controller must eat up batteries really quick if you're always having to change them. I've played for close to 400 hours on the PC and only changed the battieres once on my controller. I don't use viberation though.

Pandatron
Dec 6, 2006, 09:36 PM
I mean the it's been a well known fact that the day Microsoft mass produced the Xbox and Xbox360 it's shifted the earths axis by 2 degrees.

It only make sense that the batteries would be consumed a rate only matched by the Game Gear.

That's my humble opinion.

Edit: I wrote 'ears' instead of 'earth' really odd...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pandatron on 2006-12-06 18:37 ]</font>

Zubon
Dec 6, 2006, 09:50 PM
Yeah the battery rate is really annoying. Even if you turn vibration of it's really bad. It gets even more annoying if you're playing a game like PSU or Oblivion, because you'll probably play them for a long time compared to, say, PGR or Top Spin 2.

To be honest, you may as well just buy a wired controller. As novel as it is to be able to control the game from the kitchen and have your friends shout what to do next, there's really no other reason for wireless. Well, reason (1) MS can charge more for them because they're new technology and (2) they can then charge even more on top of that for the recharge thing.

With a wired one, it's not only cheaper but you don't need batteries or the recharge kit. No more annoying messages coming up on screen telling you to swap the batteries, and essentially "by the way, you're going to die".

Tarathiel
Dec 6, 2006, 09:51 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^^ me too i always know when something changes...not just color

FenixStryk
Dec 6, 2006, 10:37 PM
Rule 1: Always carry at least 3 Scape Dolls (I have 9 on me ATM)
Rule 2: Buy a Play & Charge kit and a Charge Station. Two rechargable battery packs come with said bundle.
Rule 3: Enjoy never having to stop playing, ever... unless you have a wireless mic. God damn it.

Thrash777
Dec 6, 2006, 10:43 PM
Mine ran out of battery once, so I quickly plugged in my Play & Charge Kit, problem solved! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Merumeru
Dec 6, 2006, 11:00 PM
XD nah its cool, you shouldnt feel so bad for dying, it happens, yeesh, end of story

MayLee
Dec 6, 2006, 11:05 PM
I used to have te roblem with batteries..My dad bought 40 batteries in a big pack..Since three people play they were all gone. my brother said he thinks that the battery charcger is a fluke so he isn't buying one so when I get mny 360, I'm getting a wireless router, battery charcher and a couple batteries just in case.

Sychosis
Dec 6, 2006, 11:08 PM
Rechargable batteries + battery recharger = problem solved without buying an accessory that will become obsolete.

Agne
Dec 7, 2006, 04:01 AM
well we have the recharge chord that plugs into the xbox recharging the battery in the controller. everyday before i play i just plug it in if it needs it. when i notice that the light changes noting that it's charged, kitchen play is to be had mwahahaha!!!

Mystil
Dec 7, 2006, 09:17 AM
On 2006-12-06 18:07, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Scape Doll dispensors better be strategically placed in each S-Rank dungeon or people will walk away with C---- scores.

Finally someone is speaking my language on this.

Shaidar
Dec 7, 2006, 09:34 AM
I wouldnt get mad at anyone for messing up a S-rank. I fail at caring. On the other hand, if someone said they went to buy scapes, and in the end didn't do it, I would probably expect them to tell me they didn't get around to do it.

Personally I think it's sorta silly if people feel they need to leave the party because they died once or twice. Shouldn't be that way. :/

-Crokar-
Dec 7, 2006, 10:20 AM
what are these scape dolls.

Stixx
Dec 7, 2006, 11:22 AM
I really don't care about rank at the end of the mission...I mean, what's a few mission points and pocket change? >.>

On another note: Do you still get Photon Art Fragments on S-rank missions if you don't get an S rank at the end?