PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about bullets

nori
Dec 6, 2006, 10:45 PM
after so long leveling my bullets, something hit me : We level our bullets to get stronger and In order to train the bullets effinictally you most likely gonna only use the bullet you're training through the whole level
as lv30 PAs unlocked, they are even harder to level up..
unlike melee PAs that they just need to level up one..
I feel like I'm never getting stronger with bullet since it seems like I always have to train the weaker bullet as the stronger one hits the cap >_<

what are you guy's thought on bullets?

my bullets right now are:
rifle frozen lv20
shotgun fire lv20
shotgun frozen lv18
shotgun lightning lv20
dual frozen lv20
dual lightning lv20
dual ground lv16
machinegun lightning lv15

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nori on 2006-12-06 19:46 ]</font>

BeeYee
Dec 6, 2006, 10:49 PM
well, my bullets are not evened out at all either, but im offline, but same with me, when i switch from a level 30 to a level 15 because of element type, i do less damage and think somethings wrong.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 6, 2006, 10:50 PM
Just train the ones you will mainly be using for a while. When you have free time, train the "fun" bullets. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I mostly use 1 type of bullet as of right now, and that's frozen bullet. lvl10. I will have to depart from it once all the technic arrives but for now, I'm sticking with only 1 XD

TheRealBoBcAt
Dec 6, 2006, 10:50 PM
The status effect of bullets (damage over time) is much greater at higher levels.....

MXdude
Dec 6, 2006, 10:53 PM
I dont level anything other than freeze and plasma. The way im going at it, Im not trying to do lots of damage with my ranger. So im just using the bullets that i feel will help out the rest of the group.

FenixStryk
Dec 6, 2006, 10:53 PM
Rangers have it hardest in terms of PAs. Forces can switch on the fly, but we often have to go to the menu to switch. That and it takes much longer to level.

But, never fear! We still pwn. ;p

Nani-chan
Dec 6, 2006, 10:54 PM
First I'd level rifle frozen to 21+.. You will be able to freeze Svaltus. (possibly Tengohs and Komatose's too, but I haven't tested)
Shotgun gets a extra bullet at 21+, so I guess one of those.

My bullets are
Rifle ice lvl 20
Rifle fire lvl 20
dualies ice lvl 20
dualies lightning lvl 20
dualies fire lvl 20

VelosofLight
Dec 6, 2006, 10:55 PM
I don't really know what I'm going to do when I go ForteGunner though. I'm getting rid of the majority of my non-ranged weapons and a few elements are going to have to be swapped out.

nori
Dec 6, 2006, 10:55 PM
i really wanted to be lazy and just stick with one bullet, but everytime i thought about just being weaker for a while until i train up the bullet can be stronger on these monsters makes me swtich to another one but then regreted for my trained bullet T_T;

Nani-chan
Dec 6, 2006, 10:57 PM
Ok, Rifle Ice for freezing mini-bosses.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/drakee.gif

MXdude
Dec 6, 2006, 10:58 PM
Well one bullet is no good. Atleast if you have two, you can always avoid the element to element battle which makes rangers even weaker. I plan on just getting plasma and freeze to lv 30 on all weapon types I use, than after that, maybeb soem more if other good SE are released.

Its pretty funny tho, everyone is saying how the PA limit is too low, but i dont think ill ever reach the limit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-12-06 20:03 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Dec 6, 2006, 10:59 PM
On 2006-12-06 19:58, MXdude wrote:
Well one bullet is no good. Atleast if you have two, you can always avoid the element to element battle which makes rangers even weaker. I plan on just getting plasma and freeze to lv 30 on all weapon types I use, than after that, maybeb soem more if other good SE are released.

I often use ice on Goemons, since their defense is so low and it's funny for me to freeze 'em. What goes around comes around you little one-eyed bastards.

Ryoki
Dec 6, 2006, 11:02 PM
They are kind of lame, in terms of leveling. But they cause effects, so they are worth it in my opinion.

However, there isn't that kind of I-gotta-reach-11 feel of weapon and technic arts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-12-06 20:03 ]</font>
________
FORD CD2 PLATFORM (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_CD2_platform)

VelosofLight
Dec 6, 2006, 11:04 PM
On 2006-12-06 20:02, Ryoki wrote:
They are kind of lame, in terms of leveling. But they cause effects, so they are worth it in my opinion.

However, there isn't that kind of I-gotta-reach-11 feel of weapon and technic arts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-12-06 20:03 ]</font>

With the exception of Shotguns, and, soon, Cards and Crossbows.

Randomness
Dec 6, 2006, 11:12 PM
On 2006-12-06 19:53, FenixStryk wrote:
Rangers have it hardest in terms of PAs. Forces can switch on the fly, but we often have to go to the menu to switch. That and it takes much longer to level.

No, bullets level faster than techs. By far...

nori
Dec 6, 2006, 11:13 PM
i think i will get my shotgun bullets to lv21, then mainly focus on crossbow and twin gun =P maybe ice rifle as well

Ryoki
Dec 6, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-12-06 20:12, Randomness wrote:

On 2006-12-06 19:53, FenixStryk wrote:

No, bullets level faster than techs. By far...

And skills.I got my grav hit to 10 as a hunter before most of my skills hit 10.

________
VAPORIZER SHOP (http://vaporshop.com)

Aaomi
Dec 6, 2006, 11:23 PM
On 2006-12-06 20:14, Ryoki wrote:

And skills.I got my grav hit to 10 as a hunter before most of my skills hit 10.

Skills level much faster ^.^ believe me. I just got twin daggers up to level 11 in two runs of valley of carnage and mine defense C on moatoob.

Golto
Dec 6, 2006, 11:23 PM
You guys should learn the love of burn. Lvl4 burn will help a lot in those a and s rank missions where monsters have several thousand hps and see 600+ burn dmg tick off. Even now w/ lvl3 burn I set those big green things in sleeping warriors on fire and SEED Vances in a rank.

TheRealBoBcAt
Dec 6, 2006, 11:36 PM
FIRE BULLETS!!!! FIRE!!!! (cough)

KiteWolfwood
Dec 7, 2006, 12:27 AM
Only reason to level bullets up for me is to get the 11 an 21 SE level up and the acc. Freeze I will only be leveling for freezing mini bosses. Burn I might level. But the 5% of mobs hp is only good if the mobs is like melee and tech resistant or has a ridiculous amount of hp. Since my friends force at 38 already does 600-700 damage. Other then that I really just spam my paralyze twin handguns.

Zorafim
Dec 7, 2006, 12:45 AM
This reminds me. In offline mode, I got a handgun BA to lv10ish just from one Perfect Zero run. I was surprised that the handgun lasted that long, but regardless.
I don't think BAs and other levelable skills would skill up that quickly on easier enemies, which leads me to ask, do skills level up faster on high level monsters than they do on low level monsters?

Nani-chan
Dec 7, 2006, 12:53 AM
It seems to be each connecting hit.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 7, 2006, 12:57 AM
On 2006-12-06 19:45, nori wrote:
after so long leveling my bullets, something hit me : We level our bullets to get stronger and In order to train the bullets effinictally you most likely gonna only use the bullet you're training through the whole level
as lv30 PAs unlocked, they are even harder to level up..
unlike melee PAs that they just need to level up one..
I feel like I'm never getting stronger with bullet since it seems like I always have to train the weaker bullet as the stronger one hits the cap >_<

what are you guy's thought on bullets?

my bullets right now are:
rifle frozen lv20
shotgun fire lv20
shotgun frozen lv18
shotgun lightning lv20
dual frozen lv20
dual lightning lv20
dual ground lv16
machinegun lightning lv15

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nori on 2006-12-06 19:46 ]</font>

No Dual Fire rounds? At all?!!

I have lost all faith in humanity. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Remedy
Dec 7, 2006, 01:01 AM
Heh. My bullet lineup looks like:

Rifle: Burn/Shock/Freeze
Shotty: Burn/Shock/Silence
Dualie: Burn/Shock

(Although I've retired my dualies; 3 rifles and 3 shotties for status goodness FTW)

Nani-chan
Dec 7, 2006, 01:06 AM
Maybe I should think about skilling a shottie or a crossbow.

maybe 2 rifles, 3 dualies, and a crossbow/saber or crossbow/dagger

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/drakee.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-12-06 22:08 ]</font>

Arieta
Dec 7, 2006, 01:11 AM
Melee PA skills can level pretty fast since they hit more then one target and are based on hits. So weapons like twin daggers level up at a extreme Rate. I had a alt get 20 in twin daggers by like level 14. Other PA's though like sword just are so gawd damn slow to level. Good thing they suck xD

Lastat27
Dec 7, 2006, 01:15 AM
It was unfortunate but I leveled all four Rifle, Shotgun, and Single handgun bullets to 20. I figured since these will be my S Ranked weapons, I may as well level them while we have no content. My plan was to buy all 6 bullets for all 5 S ranked weapons and get them all to 30.

I am regreting this decision. It's not like its a bad thing. But really, is there any point of fire bullets on a shotgun or handgun. In fact, should I even be using a handgun/dagger combo. *sigh*

As far as I see it, the only weapon you should level every bullet for is Rifle. That way your ready for every mobs elemental weakness (great damage) + it has the highest status effect level of any weapon.

For Shotguns I only see Shock being useful. Freeze breaks far too easily when your in a party. Youve got to have Shock or Ice on your shotgun if you want to avoid taking damage while shooting a shotgun.

Laser Cannons could also use every bullet to deal maximum damage. However, cannons only get level 1 status effects. So the only thing going to be useful is elemental weakness, or freeze. (Freeze so you can hit multiple mobs again with one shot.)

Grenade Launchers would also be great with freeze bullets. Grenade Launchers have an arc (like Diga) and do not deal any damage until the shot hits the ground. A frozen mob would make repeated shots much easier to make. Although an aoe status effect spread could be useful, I just dont see how often youll be able to make such a shot on a consistant basis.