PDA

View Full Version : new slowdown spoted.. title screen??

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 6, 2006, 11:58 PM
I just noticed this the other day, not sure what its the result of (read some threads about extra slowdown caused by the new gameguard patch that may be what it is)

I had zero slowdown in this game untill after that first patch, and then I would only get it if I had alot of mobs and players very close to my screen and casted a spell.

Now starting just the other day when I start the game, the menu is skiping, instead of a smooth transition of the title sliding down the screen its sorta slow motion, I have also noticed that I cant run thru menu's as fast like when I buy 50+ disks from the npc to feed my PM I could just pretty much tap the button as fast as I wanted, now I have to wait for the game to "catch up" to me. Same for feeding my PM and even seems like I cant swich weapons or spam spells as fast.

What in the world has caused this? I need to restart my computer when I get home thats one thing I didnt try yet, but need to see if anybody else has had any of these problems recently appear.

For the record my computer is very fast, I ran FRAPS wich is a well known and very reliable frames per second program and I was at a constant 58-60 frames per second even during the slowdown so its not an issue with PC performance it must be somthing in the game.

Just looking for some answers, its pretty annoying and I hope it gets fixed.

albel399
Dec 6, 2006, 11:59 PM
yeah i have this same problem and my computer is very nice

Gazette
Dec 7, 2006, 12:00 AM
I've been running slow as of late due to a stick of RAM dying on me.
Oh well, I'll just grab another soon enough and be back up to snuff.

EJ
Dec 7, 2006, 12:15 AM
it could be that new update to gameguard since I been having slowdowns that I would normally never have and now am having.

Guess try to restart your pc and see if that helps.

ChronoTrigga
Dec 7, 2006, 12:31 AM
It is the gameguard update. I got a 3.2 ghz intel D processor, gig of ddram, a 128mb vid card (a nice one in fact, just can't remember the name) and a 250gb hdd, and this is the only thing on my computer aside from the entire Bleach series. And I experienced a new lag after each gameguard update. And now, it's the title screen, and also loading between screens, I think gameguard is eating too many system resources up. It's ghey.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 7, 2006, 12:46 AM
Its gotta be more than just resources because my task manager shows me with alot of free resources.

for reference I am running 3ghz AMD 64 CPU a Geforce 7800GTX overclocked to 1300mhz memory and 500 core, 2GB of ram 1:1 with my cpu DDR600 speed (3-3-3-8 latency)

games that destroy most peoples computer like F.E.A.R. and Battlefiled 2142 run smooth as silk on my computer with a solid 50-60 frames per second on the highest possible settings.

Remedy
Dec 7, 2006, 12:55 AM
And people accuse ME of bragging. XD

I dunno, I don't pay much attention to the title screen, but I haven't noticed any slowdown... yet.

We'll see. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 7, 2006, 12:57 AM
its not somthing you have to pay attention to its blantenly obvious on the title screen, i can fraps it later or somthing.

Iwill restart my pc and just see if its some bug first. seems every update/patch so far is breaking more than its fixing.

first patch added slowdown and broke the 450 PM's
now the 2nd gameguard patch is adding even more/worse slowdown.

BioWarrior
Dec 7, 2006, 01:53 AM
Its not from gameguard, its from the patch we got a few weeks ago, just most probable dont notice it cause most dont idle on the title screen

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 7, 2006, 01:56 AM
It just started happening, its not from the patch we got over a week ago I know for sure. Its somthing else.

EJ
Dec 7, 2006, 02:11 AM
it that gameguard patch because I get slow down in areas I never got slow down in ;3

BioWarrior
Dec 7, 2006, 02:36 AM
eh.... you guys must be unlucky cause i got the same damn slowdown in the same spots as i did on the day of the patch release for PSU itself a few weeks ago

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 7, 2006, 02:43 AM
well considering the nature of the patch it probably only effects certian machines/hardware.

BioWarrior
Dec 7, 2006, 02:45 AM
using nvidia stuff by chance? PSU seems to throw hissy fits at people with Nvidia cards and I use ATI and see no problems

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 7, 2006, 02:46 AM
yeah its posted..... right above you

BioWarrior
Dec 7, 2006, 02:50 AM
whoops sorry about that almost 2am >.> suposedly though.. the patch tomorrow is supose to fix alot of the slowdown crap people are getting, so lets hope so

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 7, 2006, 02:53 AM
ooo yeah that would be nice, however if this is gameguard related the game update will have no effect on it.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 7, 2006, 03:20 AM
Hmm I haven't noticed any slowdown of the sorts. I am using an nvidia card too so that is strange. I did get some weird error though saying that Game guard was invalid, something wrong with nrl file or something and that I would have to email Sega about this problem. I just restarted PSU and it was fine.

BioWarrior
Dec 7, 2006, 03:29 AM
possible problems also might be spyware slowing it down, or you might need to run a defrag on your PC

Alpha-Hunter
Dec 7, 2006, 08:59 AM
it's def game guard. starting getting the problem right after the first update this week. or maybe it was the second smaller game guard update that did it. regardless Ihave sever lag and my title screen stutters as the planet and text move up across the screen. and my menus freeze sometime when I go to fast trying to dump items in my PM or when I'm trying to snyth multiple items too fast. just started a few days ago. GG updates were the only change.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alpha-Hunter on 2006-12-07 06:05 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Dec 7, 2006, 10:03 AM
I also got the slowdown as soon as I patched yesterday >_> The same title screen slowdown. My PC is an Athlon 64 2.4Ghz, Ati x800pro with 1 gig of ram. Game runs perfectly smooth in max settings... But other than the title screen, I haven't noticed anything else besides lag which seems to be my connection.

Mystil
Dec 7, 2006, 11:38 AM
On 2006-12-06 21:46, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
Its gotta be more than just resources because my task manager shows me with alot of free resources.

for reference I am running 3ghz AMD 64 CPU a Geforce 7800GTX overclocked to 1300mhz memory and 500 core, 2GB of ram 1:1 with my cpu DDR600 speed (3-3-3-8 latency)

games that destroy most peoples computer like F.E.A.R. and Battlefiled 2142 run smooth as silk on my computer with a solid 50-60 frames per second on the highest possible settings.

It's not your computer. It isn't anyones computer. With stuff like this, it's the server load that is the problem.

Oxidation
Dec 7, 2006, 11:50 AM
I was having all kinds of lag issues until i started running the game in full screen and i locked directdraw's refresh at 60 in dxdiag. Now the game runs smooth as silk with no lag anywhere with max party and effects and explosions going off everywhere. Running a 2.2 X2 4200 with a 7900GT and 2GB DDR2 800 for reference.

SpishackCola
Dec 7, 2006, 01:58 PM
Seems like this morning's gameguard update fixed the slowdown issues. For me atleast, but I was suffering from major slowdown like most others in this topic after the patch itself and the gameguard update a few days ago.

Akaimizu
Dec 7, 2006, 02:06 PM
Time for a quote of the day:

"Come on! It's the Title screen! Don't you guys know how many C-Photon Unions, G-Photon Utilizers, and Bus Transportations they use?! I mean. If you tried to put that Title screen into the same machines that brought us Pacman, they'd blow up tossing uneaten dots all over the place!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-07 11:15 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 7, 2006, 02:14 PM
Guys try playing the game with nothing open (web pages) after I did my reboot there was no title screen lag, however after i opened PSOW to check my PM's when i swiched to my alt the lag was on the title screen again.

Somthing on the web page maybe conflicting with game guard? maybe just some scripts running in the page or somthing I dunno but thats the only tie I have so far, too busy lvling techs to take the time and test it and confirm its web pages causing the issue http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Dec 7, 2006, 02:16 PM
On a more serious, note. Just checking that everybody is shutting down the virus scanner when running the game? Just checking, because that would put a huge damper on loading, in that game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-07 11:17 ]</font>

Remedy
Dec 7, 2006, 02:21 PM
On 2006-12-06 23:45, BioWarrior wrote:
using nvidia stuff by chance? PSU seems to throw hissy fits at people with Nvidia cards and I use ATI and see no problemsThat's odd, because I use a GEForce 6800 Ultra, and I don't get very much slowdown at all. Usually only if I'm loading something in Firefox AND playing PSU at the same time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Sakura123
Dec 7, 2006, 03:20 PM
Happening to me also since yesterday. 7900gs here and core 2 duo 2ghz, 1,256 ram.

Game runs perfect, just the title screen is slower now. Sometimes it seems to go normal, sometimes it doesn't.

Of course you have to been playing with 0 frameskip all this time to notice the change after the gameguard patch. People playing on frameskipping 1 or more won't notice anything since the game runs always choppy/non-smooth with frameskipping activated xD.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sakura123 on 2006-12-07 14:48 ]</font>

Kittycat
Dec 7, 2006, 03:27 PM
Yeah my PSU lags at the title screen too. Screw you, gameguard. Screw you people who don't read the topic.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 7, 2006, 03:33 PM
Hmm i think im getting closer to the truth.

Its not the web page I tested the theory on that. I have noticed a trend tho.

1.) The title screen slowdown seems to happen only on fast computers
2.) Its most likley from game guard since everybody reports thats when it started.

well put 1 & 2 together and you can kinda figure that game guard starts when the game starts, thats its initialzation process. I think whats happening is us with fast computers are loading the game up so fast that GG is still doing its thing and thats why I see the title screen lag. I have no lag in game, the slowdown I suffered at the npc is gone so that must have just been server lag.

It makes good sense, also I had yet another GG update today when I logged on for the first time.