PDA

View Full Version : OK, I admit it. Twin Sabres are really, really good.

FenixStryk
Dec 7, 2006, 04:19 AM
After further tests, Twin Sabres just have that oomph that nothing else can do, even if it's completely PA-reliant. It knocks things up, it does it a lot, and it doesn't push them away. It's the only weapon a Hunter can solo with if they don't want to live on 'mates.

There. I said it. Now, let me go about my merry way of flippin' some flapjakcs with my Ryo-derans!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-12-07 01:25 ]</font>

Arieta
Dec 7, 2006, 04:19 AM
Swords arn't that's for sure xD

FenixStryk
Dec 7, 2006, 04:21 AM
On 2006-12-07 01:19, Arieta wrote:
Swords arn't that's for sure xDEheh, sorry, lemme fix that topic post. Ok, read it now. =3

Arieta
Dec 7, 2006, 04:25 AM
Why have a poll if swords or gloves are better and then totally not put up Twin sabers since that's what the topics on xD . How would you compare what people think http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And I don't agree that it's the only weapon that hunters can solo with that let them use less mates. I can solo several B rank missions as a female beast HU without using a single mate. I typical use twin daggers and spears for soloing. Mostly because I broke my good set of twin sabers and am stuck with a Fire elemental one which is only good on a few places.

If anything, I find twin daggers to let me solo better because of their great PA which just clears rooms for very little PP.

Collar
Dec 7, 2006, 04:27 AM

"I don't know why a lot of people don't pick up on this, but - Twin Saber + Sword = pretty effective, imo. Pop em up, when they're down, Sword PA. Even accounting for weapon-swap lag, you can usually start switching weapons in the middle of the second combo of the Twin Saber PA. You'll have your Sword out just as they hit the ground. If not, you've still got a good half a second before they actually get back up. So there's about three seconds worth of time in there for you to pull off this combo. o_O

Arieta
Dec 7, 2006, 04:29 AM
On 2006-12-07 01:27, Collar wrote:

"I don't know why a lot of people don't pick up on this, but - Twin Saber + Sword = pretty effective, imo. Pop em up, when they're down, Sword PA. Even accounting for weapon-swap lag, you can usually start switching weapons in the middle of the second combo of the Twin Saber PA. You'll have your Sword out just as they hit the ground. If not, you've still got a good half a second before they actually get back up. So there's about three seconds worth of time in there for you to pull off this combo. o_O

Because Sword combo only hits once per combo, and not even for that much damage because the PA ATP bonus is low. It would be better in this example to Pop'em up then switch to twin daggers and do the PA twice in the same amount of time it would take to use a single sword PA combo, and hit the 2 enemies x3 and 3 enemies x2.

Tsudori
Dec 7, 2006, 04:51 AM
Twin Sabres are wicked even tho i use spears myself. Swords are good IF you know how to use em. Me, i would just get tired of bein boxed up by many an enemy by the time i swing my it once lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Alisha
Dec 7, 2006, 05:00 AM
twin sabers are a big reason i wanted to go figunner but since its gonna be a while before s-ranks are available it seems fortefighter may be superior for a while =/ everyone and there momma is gonna be a fortefighter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

given a choice between level 21 pa daggars or swords(offline) i'd take sword because daggars fall out of favor when you first enter a new rank because thier atp is so horrible and they can only hit 2 enemies at a time. really though both weapons are situational and good in thier own right.

Alisha
Dec 7, 2006, 05:02 AM
On 2006-12-07 01:27, Collar wrote:

what i do is use the twin sabers pa then hit them as they are falling with the normal twin saber combo

SpishackCola
Dec 7, 2006, 05:21 AM
twin sabers > you I've known this for awhile http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ravennittes
Dec 7, 2006, 05:31 AM
It's up to your playing style really. When I'm a hunter, I prefer Double Sabers (figunner) and Twin Sabers (also figunner) as their PA's ROCK.

Kirip-san
Dec 7, 2006, 06:18 AM
I <3 Twin Sabers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 7, 2006, 07:15 AM
hell friggin yeah! Twin Sabers are totally super awesome! They're pretty much the reason why I'm going fighgunner. I like the Rising Crush, especially when fighting those fire breathing Vandas in Moatoob, if they breathe fire at your friends, use Rising Crush on them and they won't be breathing fire since they'll be knocked up in the air. Also, they have a 6-hit combo and are faster than the Twin Sabers/Swords in PSO. Musashi FTW.

Collar
Dec 7, 2006, 07:20 AM
On 2006-12-07 01:29, Arieta wrote:
Because Sword combo only hits once per combo, and not even for that much damage because the PA ATP bonus is low. It would be better in this example to Pop'em up then switch to twin daggers and do the PA twice in the same amount of time it would take to use a single sword PA combo, and hit the 2 enemies x3 and 3 enemies x2.

"Touche'. However, range dependancy is slightly larger in radius with the Sword. :3 Though, really, I was just accounting for only having a Sword on me for combos into knocked down critters. It could be used as a general concept, though, much like how you present with the daggers. I just don't see enough Hunters doing it when it's a potential way to dish out a pretty heavy distribution of damage for a tiny bit of extra footwork. o_O

PJ
Dec 7, 2006, 07:43 AM
Wow, people have to consider this?

Gloves are fun. Swords are fun AND good. Sword gets the vote.

FlakariLeader
Dec 7, 2006, 07:43 AM
On 2006-12-07 02:00, Alisha wrote:
twin sabers are a big reason i wanted to go figunner but since its gonna be a while before s-ranks are available it seems fortefighter may be superior for a while =/ everyone and there momma is gonna be a fortefighter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

given a choice between level 21 pa daggars or swords(offline) i'd take sword because daggars fall out of favor when you first enter a new rank because thier atp is so horrible and they can only hit 2 enemies at a time. really though both weapons are situational and good in thier own right.

You're a little off there on the twin dagger PA.

The first combo hits two enemies three times.
Second combo hits three enemies two times.
Third combo hits three enemies four times.

Don't count them out yet, although I can't disagree that the sword is useful, I love the PA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FlakariLeader on 2006-12-07 04:44 ]</font>

Genobee
Dec 7, 2006, 08:12 AM
I hate twin sabers, I'm replacing mine with twin Claws.

Vhex
Dec 7, 2006, 08:25 AM
The Sword PA gets really strong when it hits level 21. Does a 1-1, 2 hit, with good succession and great power. Don't underestimate swords.

Regardless, Twin Sabers are the best at knock-downs, so I agree with that they are useful but not the best.

Genobee
Dec 7, 2006, 08:32 AM
the current sword PA blows.. I can't wait to get the 2nd one.

Alisha
Dec 7, 2006, 08:43 AM
both sword pa's are late bloomers.

Neith
Dec 7, 2006, 08:49 AM
Rising Crush, switch to Sword, Tornado Break as enemies land.

Gloves are under-rated too.

Genobee
Dec 7, 2006, 09:18 AM
I freaken love gloves I don't get why people don't use them, their PA hits realy freaken hard and fast and sends shit flying. My 30% light rivet gloves tear up LInear A missions

Kard
Dec 7, 2006, 10:37 AM
I appreciate the barbaric appeal of gloves. I've said it before elsewhere, but every monster always has a plan until you punch them in the mouth, knock 'em down and beat 'em up. As far as swords go, again the concept of straight up damage is always nice, but I can't ignore the multiple hits and comparable strength of twin daggers, as others have mentioned.

My knucks can't be replaced. Yes to fist, no to sword.

FlakariLeader
Dec 7, 2006, 12:57 PM
On 2006-12-07 05:25, Vhex wrote:
The Sword PA gets really strong when it hits level 21. Does a 1-1, 2 hit, with good succession and great power. Don't underestimate swords.

Regardless, Twin Sabers are the best at knock-downs, so I agree with that they are useful but not the best.

Wrong, according to JP Wiki, it hits once every combo but hits 4 enimies on last swing except for 3.

Akaimizu
Dec 7, 2006, 01:02 PM
As a Ranger, I also appreciate the things that send monsters flying. Air freezing and Air combos are my joy and cup of tea when a hunter is in the party. And you think those PA Graphics and light show is just for flash!!!

No!!! They're indicators that just shout, "Hey Tynselle!! Shoot here!!! Shoot here!!!!!"

P.S. -- And before you smarties online say, "But Tynselle!! Aren't you playing a force these days?"

"I told ya. I'm a Ranger, pretending to be a Force. I'll get my guns back, soon enough!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-07 10:06 ]</font>

Vhex
Dec 7, 2006, 02:39 PM
On 2006-12-07 09:57, FlakariLeader wrote:

On 2006-12-07 05:25, Vhex wrote:

Wrong, according to JP Wiki, it hits once every combo but hits 4 enimies on last swing except for 3.

Watch the video.

Carbinne
Dec 7, 2006, 05:15 PM
Things will shift around as we get new weapons and PAs and rare weapons. Some weapons will become the top-tier everybody uses this kind of weapon, and some will be relegated to the cheap-o 50 cent special at the local player shop. I kind of liked that some people were selling Ryo-Derans for like 2k/4k though because that's 5 star of weapon for 4 star of price!

Also, glad to see you like em Fenix. I'd say I told you so but I don't recall if I ever did tell you how good they were specifically. And what would it change, anyway. Also I like Knuckles myself. Good for that stick-it and run action. Though I look at the calibur and can't help but be impressed by the atk on it.

VanHalen
Dec 7, 2006, 05:23 PM
swords are awesome knuckles are cool too but i like the swords for the multi hit and when you get surrounded Tornado Break makes all the monsters back away from you like pussies lol. and watch when spinning and power break(i think thats its name the run where you knock the monster in the air and slash through them) come online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 7, 2006, 06:13 PM
Im a FO and i hate twin sabers, It makes it harder for fo's to hit.

Im also a hunter and i think twin sabers suck because daggers do it better.

MegaBUD
Dec 7, 2006, 06:17 PM
twin claw > twin saber

ThunderChao
Dec 7, 2006, 07:42 PM
I love the Twin Sabers. I love seeing enemies pop up in the air, fall, get up, rinse, repeat. I owe my life to it when I'm soloing.

Para
Dec 7, 2006, 07:49 PM
Gloves have decent ATP and ATA and not to mention very fast too.

Bleemo
Dec 7, 2006, 08:46 PM
Gloves really suck, yo.

Their combo is virtually the same as single-handed Dagger and does less damage, plus that photon art is just bleh.

Edit: Lol, poll is toward Swords vs Gloves, not Twin Sabers vs Gloves.

Gloves win over Swords clearly. Swords are just pathetic with their current photon art. But Gloves honestly suck as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bleemo on 2006-12-07 17:48 ]</font>