PDA

View Full Version : Are cards a melee weapon, gun, or staff?

Shazbot
Dec 7, 2006, 04:53 AM
I'm not sure which PM I should try to make one with...

Ether
Dec 7, 2006, 05:02 AM
I'd assume they are a gun since you can equip bullets to them

Ravennittes
Dec 7, 2006, 05:14 AM
That is true. They are left-handed 'gun' type weapons.

Genobee
Dec 7, 2006, 08:21 AM
they kinda work like slicers, they fire like 1-3 bullets I think depending on lvl of the PA and they home in on monsters, but they only hit one target. but 3 homing rounds doing 50 damage each hitting one monster is not bad if you ask me.

Sitka
Dec 7, 2006, 09:06 AM
"slicer-type" seems to be more accurate than "gun-type"

Check out the Ranger thread and the discussion on the power of the cards....at high levels, they appear to be very effective weapons, particularly for an offhand weapon. Imagine a high level newman with lvl 30 spells in one hand and level 30 homing SE inflicting bullets in the offhand....you get the picture http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Dhylec
Dec 7, 2006, 09:13 AM
I think Card is a class of it's own. It's single-handed, multi-target, mid-range, homing weapon. Too unique to be anything other type.

Genobee
Dec 7, 2006, 09:14 AM
the only bad thing about them is they miss if the enemy gets to close to you, they just fly right over it's head. so you might wanna keep backing up when using it. It's be cause they fire in a Arc pattern instead of stright out like a slicer.

zemog
Dec 7, 2006, 09:19 AM
of the 3 types: meelee, ranged, or teck... it's a ranged.

Itsuki
Dec 7, 2006, 09:24 AM
On 2006-12-07 05:21, Genobee wrote:
they kinda work like slicers, they fire like 1-3 bullets I think depending on lvl of the PA and they home in on monsters, but they only hit one target. but 3 homing rounds doing 50 damage each hitting one monster is not bad if you ask me.

Except they each deal a lot more like 200.

Anyways, when synthing it counts as a single-handed gun. Uses the same synth materials as a handgun or a mechgun.

the only bad thing about them is they miss if the enemy gets to close to you, they just fly right over it's head. so you might wanna keep backing up when using it. It's be cause they fire in a Arc pattern instead of stright out like a slicer.
if a monster is too close, they tend to hit the monster on the upward arc.

But, if for some reason the bullets go over the monsters head, assuming that you actually had lock when you pressed attack, the bullets will turn around and hit the monster.

When its said that card bullets are "homing". It literally means, if you have lock when you press attack, the bullets will do everything short of going through a wall to try to hit that monster. I've shot them off while a monster was doing a dashing attack, they'll turn around, fly behind me half a map to hit it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-12-07 06:27 ]</font>

Genobee
Dec 7, 2006, 09:25 AM
well it's fair to say they FUCKING OWN...

Neith
Dec 7, 2006, 09:34 AM
Oh wow, I so want one of these for my Wartecher now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Tahldon
Dec 7, 2006, 09:50 AM
I saw the little "Card demonstation" video on Youtube..

Also.. one..well make that two friends of mine kept saying to me "You shouldn't have leveled Zonde to 20, you'll overwrite it anyways with Card PAs.." and I'm thinking "Why would I do something silly like that?"

Then they were like "You won't be much of a force if you don't use cards" and "Cards > All" But they wouldn't tell me why.

Now I ask you all.. Just because the cards "Home" in on enemies and whathave you, is that a good enough reason to overwrite any spell I own. I read above that it does some kind of damage of sorts. 50 and 200 I believe the numbers were.

I don't think I'll be using cards, they just don't appeal to me for some reason. Watching that Video turned me off from them even more.

So what's all the hooplah about these cards that makes people go gaga over them?

Neith
Dec 7, 2006, 09:52 AM
Because you can have bullet skills that are homing? That's nothing short of incredible.

And yeah, I know about the Fan only being Lv10 PA's for Wartecher, but it beats a Handgun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-12-07 06:52 ]</font>

MayLee
Work like guns looks like wands..

Vorpal
Not sure, but the homing and extra shots must be it.

How good would a card be since Wartechers only get level 10 bullet PAs?

Itsuki
Dec 7, 2006, 10:01 AM
Really, as a force, I don't think they're all that hot. I mean, better than a handgun maybe, but thats about it. Its not going to beat your techs.

But for guntechers, they're great. And wartechers... maybe. They do compensate for the wartechers low ATA since they have HUGE amounts of ATA. Also, to explain the 200 damage per hit deal, they deal roughly a little bit more than handguns and dualies on a per hit basis. What does that mean?

At level 21+ PAs on my guntecher, against something with an opposing elemental, and with agtal I deal:
about 180x2 with dualies.
about 200x3 with cards.
Of couse, the dualies shoot faster, so they probably still deal more.

Tahldon
Dec 7, 2006, 10:04 AM
On 2006-12-07 07:01, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Really, as a force, I don't think they're all that hot. I mean, better than a handgun maybe, but thats about it. Its not going to beat your techs.

Hm.. then I don't think I really have anything to worry about. I don't even carry a gun. One bow, Four Rods, and One Wand is all I carry.

Worries discarded.

MayLee
Dec 7, 2006, 10:06 AM
I got two bows, two rods and 4 wands. . >.<