PDA

View Full Version : Damu-spells TP cost--something seems glitchy

Shazbot
Dec 7, 2006, 05:33 AM
There seems to be some sorta weird penalty cost for repeated castings of the Damu techs. Cast it once and when it's done, watch your TP. After a few seconds instead of regenerating 7 TP, about -4 TP drops off your wand. OK so, -11 TP, no biggie.

Now go crazy with 4 or 5 casts in a row. When you're done, quitely watch your TP for a few seconds as an extra 150 TP or so disappears. This is especially troublesome when you cast a Damu spell a few times, quickly switch to a different weapon, then later come back to the wand you cast the Damu tech with thinking that it as say, 200 TP left only to find that as soon as the wand loads the TP penalty from the previous castings kicks in and you're left holding a wand with only 50 TP.

Can anybody think of a reason for why this happens or is it just a glitch?

Ravennittes
Dec 7, 2006, 05:39 AM
The penalty to start casting and the penalty to end it. Nothing else comes to mind.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 7, 2006, 05:47 AM
::looks around, wonders when remedy will enter and say "this is why rods are better!":: http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EJ
Dec 7, 2006, 05:56 AM
Wait why you using a wand? unless that wand has more PP than any rod you have ;3

Maybe that is a online thing since extra mode doesn't do that.

My only guess would be to give it some penalty since those damu are very strong spells.

Inazuma
Dec 7, 2006, 08:11 AM
yea, it seems like a glitch. its very annoying to go to use the rod that should have 150 pp left, only to have it drop to 7 rite when you wanna use it.

_Deliverance_
Dec 7, 2006, 08:15 AM
Stop using wands for nukes! likeomg http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif

MayLee
Dec 7, 2006, 10:44 AM
Wands < Rods.

Nuff said. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Careful
Dec 7, 2006, 12:20 PM
Have fun getting no exp from the mobs you don't tag because barta couldnt hit the ones to the side.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 7, 2006, 12:29 PM
:0

Wand haters! *cries

AngelLight
Dec 7, 2006, 12:46 PM
I'm a strong supporter for wands for nuking (due to cast times not being nearly as bad).

However, for any spell that is a channeling spell, such as Demu anything or Regrants, the cast time isn't much of an issue and having a bigger PP reserve is more important for this matter. So I have to say that yeah rods are the way to go for the "spray and pray" type of spells.

As for the original topic......has there been any chatter about it elsewhere? JP sites might be a problem, but perhaps the talk pages on psupedia, or other neutral forum sites? I'm not sure it's been mentioned here yet or not.

It may very well be that there's a front loaded Start and stop cost on this, that would suck if it had a cumulative effect. ~_~

Shazbot
Dec 7, 2006, 12:56 PM
Fawk people. Recommending your preferred weapon hardly answers the question, does it? Wands OR rods, doesn't matter which you prefer, the the TP penalty happens to both.

Remedy
Dec 7, 2006, 01:02 PM
My work has already been done.

*goes back to bed*

etlitch
Dec 7, 2006, 02:32 PM
Wand = spammability = higer DPS = nuke > rod

Ravennittes
Dec 7, 2006, 03:08 PM
Damage Per Hit is Nuking, not Damage Per Second http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Zarbolord
Dec 7, 2006, 03:11 PM
Guntecher + Wand + Machinegun > Fortetecher + Staff

Tra
Dec 7, 2006, 04:55 PM
sillies

wand + me/quick (or hull/quick) are for ra-, gi- and normal techs
rod + me/conc (sori/force) are for nosu- and damu- techs

nothing to it.

Gazette
Dec 7, 2006, 05:59 PM
Hull/quick + a wand is liable to turn your A rank wand into a B rank wand.
There' is no need to even bother with /quicks on a wand, just throw your +TP's on it...

Aside from that, you'll probably burn out your wand before you can even manage the same DPS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-12-07 15:00 ]</font>

Tra
Dec 7, 2006, 06:09 PM
that's why I carry 15 wands, and I switch them around very fast during battle

Gazette
Dec 7, 2006, 06:20 PM
That's not the point, if you're going to use a wand, the cast time is already reduced, along with the TAP.
There doesn't seem to be much sense in reducing your TAP any further.
Equipping a Hull/quick effectively drops your wand's TAP by about 6 or 7 upgrades.
So either you better have a really well ground weapon or you're going to be dishing out some low DPS.

Now I'm not saying that wands are bad for DPS, I like the idea of dishing out spells in succession, provided that I have a TAP upgrade to make up for the loss of strength between Wands and Rods.

I dunno, doesn't make sense to me, considering you'd probably burn through your wands lightning quick while you could just dish out stronger spells at the speed they currently hold and do more damage in the end, but you're free to do what you please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-12-07 15:21 ]</font>

Otis_Kat
Dec 7, 2006, 06:35 PM
Wow -_-

Tra
Dec 7, 2006, 09:10 PM
I'm pretty much going to go for grinding all my wands to +8 after the update (yes it's going to take a lot of time) but hey, you have a point. But you see, lv21+ Ra- techs take an abysmal amount of time to cast, so a hull/quick is needed to negate that cast time. Oh but then again... thanks for helping me realize something...

Wands + sori/force for normal techs .... heh heh yes that WILL work.

Musashi445
Dec 8, 2006, 03:02 AM
This is not a WAND/ROD Debate topic! God people, can anyone here stay on topic for more than 3 seconds?

And to the OP, I never noticed this offline either, so hopefully they fix it soon. Since I son't play the JP one online, I can't confirm either.

Ether
Dec 8, 2006, 03:07 AM
I hope this gets fixed by the time the damu spells hit the US servers, sounds like a pretty annoying bug

PS Wands suck

XHunter
Dec 8, 2006, 03:45 AM
Alright....lets see...i think i'll take this, and use it for future notes....one....day when i decide...to use a wand...for now...i'm a close Combat kinda guy.=)