PDA

View Full Version : Headset Lag In Big Parties!

Tsudori
Dec 7, 2006, 06:04 AM
Any1 else find headset lag when in a party of 5 or 6, when in groups of 4 it works just fine but when that dreaded 5th member shows up it get REALLY annoying. Am i the only one and does any1 kno why this happens?

MontyNice
Dec 7, 2006, 06:38 AM
Yea, it happens to me too. It just has to do with your connection. I mean ive tried it all. Restarting system, restarting modem, changing modem/router settings. Its the connection and from what I've seen there isnt much to do. Other than get a new connection... but what do I kno..

Theres 2 things that I do because of this.
1) Keep the party max to 4. (easier for me and more items to share cause I put items on order)
2) Pull out keyboard and talk from there. I can hear what ppl are saying... and most of the time its not even that important that I speak..

But thats just me... do what you do...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MontyNice on 2006-12-07 03:39 ]</font>

Tsudori
Dec 7, 2006, 07:05 AM
Yeh i just keep it to 4 nowadays as well just annoyin cos i wanna party with all my friends and find it annoyin tryin to type and fight at the same time.

FrogKicker
Dec 7, 2006, 07:14 AM
Nope, run 6 man parties all the time with no lag on the headset.

MayLee
Dec 7, 2006, 09:57 AM
The only problem I have is when someone talks they get cut out halfway through their sentences..

drmcst45
Dec 7, 2006, 10:11 AM
sometimes it gets distorted but i dont use the headset all that much anyway.

Sekani
Dec 7, 2006, 11:43 AM
On 2006-12-07 06:57, MayLee wrote:
The only problem I have is when someone talks they get cut out halfway through their sentences..

Yeah, this happens occasionally in large parties, and I have a fairly decent connection. At least there's no lag.

Ronzeru
Dec 7, 2006, 11:44 AM
Yea, like me. This happens to me so much..... ~_~;

Akaimizu
Dec 7, 2006, 12:45 PM
Seems fine with me. Though I have noticed a couple of drops half-sentence, it's usually good. However, a lot of people don't realize they need to place the mike closer to their mouth or speak louder. There's a noise level cut-off point, and if your voice drops below that, it's gone. My New wireless headset has actually been very good with voice pickup, so I've gotten some pretty nice performance from it.

Still, the voice is becoming more of a nicer communication medium. The more I keep getting perfectly innocent typing censored off, the more I like the voice chat feature.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-07 09:47 ]</font>