PDA

View Full Version : STOP SAYING "DUALIES"AND "SHOTTIES"

-Shimarisu-
Dec 7, 2006, 09:40 AM
They are fucking GUNS, stop using cute diminuative suffixes to describe them you seriously CREEPY people.

IT'S NOT A FUCKING CUTE WIDDLE KITTY CAT, IT'S AN OBJECT OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION.

I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I FIND IT REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING, ARGH.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 7, 2006, 09:42 AM
Also, stop saying "MEOW" and "NYAA" when you nanoblast, it's stupid. REALLY stupid.

Dhylec
Dec 7, 2006, 09:56 AM
Hah, I guess some have grown too fond of their weapons. Strange.

CupOfCoffee
Dec 7, 2006, 12:31 PM
Maybe when you stop saying "fuck" once per sentence, the creepy catgirl PSU people will be more inclined to take your suffix advice...?

KojiroAK
Dec 7, 2006, 01:29 PM
That therms are also used at Counter Strike:

Dualies: Dual Barettas
Shoties: Shotguns

So i don't think, that the nicks are chosen to make it cute, they are just shortcuts, that made their way through the gaming scene.

SpikeOtacon
Dec 7, 2006, 04:16 PM
On 2006-12-07 10:29, KojiroAK wrote:

So i don't think, that the nicks are chosen to make it cute, they are just shortcuts, that made their way through the gaming scene.

Bingo. I don't call them that to be cute. Those are the nicknames that people have learned to call them by, and it's just that simple. Although, I have started to think that I should follow the great blues legend B.B. King and name my most trusty weapon 'Lucille'.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2006-12-07 13:17 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Dec 7, 2006, 04:22 PM
man, i cant wait to blow some onmagougs away with my shotties, maybe even my dualies.
then ill finish him off with my Nyah-blast
EDIT: had to cut the post short, i had to eat. lemme finish
Heh, man when did ppl start getting pissed off when i use something? So what if people call dual handgun, duelies? My chars name is DikkyRay, OH NOES! PPL CALL ME JUST DIKKY OR JUST RAY!
im going to start bitching about it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-12-07 14:56 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Dec 7, 2006, 04:29 PM
On 2006-12-07 09:31, CupOfCoffee wrote:
Maybe when you stop saying "fuck" once per sentence, the creepy catgirl PSU people will be more inclined to take your suffix advice...?

I somehow doubt that.

Also: LOL, Americans.

DrewSeleski
Dec 7, 2006, 04:35 PM

Right.
shot - = tees 2 syllables
shot - = guns 2 syllables
shots - = 1 syllable

Dual - Hand - Guns = 3 syllables
Dual - lees = 2 syllables
Duals = 1 syllable

I think that explains why the last syllable IS redundant(and actually shotties isn't any shorter than shotguns) so therefore there must be a reason why people use it.

ABDUR101
Dec 7, 2006, 04:54 PM
Nicknames, who cares. Oh no someone is using a nickname for something! Let us all be text-book minded!

Dangerous55
Dec 7, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-12-07 06:40, -Shimarisu- wrote:
They are fucking GUNS, stop using cute diminuative suffixes to describe them you seriously CREEPY people.

Actually guns are traditionally not shotguns or pistols or rifles. Mainly guns are artillery pieces. But, what's in a name? I regulalry say shotty to refer to my double barrel 12 gauge Coach-Gun. Duelies...nobody says that, because using 2 pistols is friggin hard as hell.

Mystil
Dec 7, 2006, 06:03 PM
On 2006-12-07 13:29, -Shimarisu- wrote:

You're japanese now because you live there? Come on shim >_>.

And not directed to you in particular as I've seen enough of this in the rant forum.

What the HELL is wrong with people being themselves and getting creative in an online game???

Kupi
Dec 7, 2006, 06:35 PM
"Shotty" and "dually" flow off of the tongue. "Shotgun" and "dual guns" have irritating consonant breaks in the middle. That's why people use them, so far as I can see.

And while we're on the subject of irritating nicknames, how about people who call their characters "toons"? X_x

IceBlink
Dec 7, 2006, 06:50 PM
Never heard anyone go "NYA" yet...

... Though I have heard at least one person go "IMMA CHARGIN MAH LASER" followed by "IMMA FIRIN MAH LASER" when using their SUV weapon...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 7, 2006, 07:07 PM
On 2006-12-07 15:03, Mystil wrote:

British or something.
Read it somewhere's, so don't assume.

No worse than calling things Hume's, Mana, Magic Points, paladin, nerf, etc. right?

We've had some rants on those labelings too.
And a new dead horse has been continued:

Dragon/low level rant.
Stop calling "X", "Y."
I didn't get my items because of distribute rules.
Content slow, quit initiate.
Mom won't let me play PSU.
Life won't let me play PSU.
Dad plays PSU more than I do and gets more rares. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

KojiroAK
Dec 7, 2006, 07:29 PM
On 2006-12-07 13:16, SpikeOtacon wrote:

Bingo. I don't call them that to be cute. Those are the nicknames that people have learned to call them by, and it's just that simple. Although, I have started to think that I should follow the great blues legend B.B. King and name my most trusty weapon 'Lucille'.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2006-12-07 13:17 ]</font>

I would still prefer Susy (sp?).

Franz
Dec 8, 2006, 01:29 PM
See if this was a American game , diablo2 style 2-letter acroymns and AOL'ense would be prevelant form of communication. But all the animephiles throw the whole universe out of balance , so were just stuck with the AOL'ense and 4chan talk. (BRB need charge ma lazar lawl)

D2 speak EXample : DH pp reup 5 pp per sec with rng X-type

Curent PSU slow speak : My dualies recharge 5 pp per second with a ranger advanced job.

Don't quote me on those recharge rates <_>

washuguy
Dec 8, 2006, 01:32 PM

Aw man, that's funny!!!

Mystil
Dec 8, 2006, 01:50 PM
On 2006-12-07 16:07, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

On 2006-12-07 15:03, Mystil wrote:

British or something.
Read it somewhere's, so don't assume.

No worse than calling things Hume's, Mana, Magic Points, paladin, nerf, etc. right?

We've had some rants on those labelings too.
And a new dead horse has been continued:

Dragon/low level rant.
Stop calling "X", "Y."
I didn't get my items because of distribute rules.
Content slow, quit initiate.
Mom won't let me play PSU.
Life won't let me play PSU.
Dad plays PSU more than I do and gets more rares. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Omg that was too funny XD XD.

Skuda
Dec 8, 2006, 03:17 PM
I just think the terms 'shotties' and 'dualies' sound pretty freaking retarded...

;/

KojiroAK
Dec 8, 2006, 07:21 PM
On 2006-12-08 12:17, Skuda wrote:
I just think the terms 'shotties' and 'dualies' sound pretty freaking retarded...

;/

Maybe you played CS or still play CS.
Because there you hear it more in sentences like:
"Which retard did buy this duallies/shoties?"
"Only retards buy duallies/shoties"
"only retards think duallies/shoties are worth there money"
"If see one retard running around with duallies/shoties i gonna pk him"

Wheatpenny
Dec 10, 2006, 04:07 PM
Heaven forbid people find a viable way to shorten sentences to fit better in our small ass chat boxes..

lavosmanx
Dec 10, 2006, 04:12 PM
I wish my dad could play this game with me XD. Anyway, I have a term of affection I like to use for my nanoblast "It's clobberin' time!" inspired by the Thing from Fantastic Four. Shots are shots, even though they may sound like it, their technically not shotguns. So just call them shots its really as simple as that. As for the cute cuddley names... could be worse. The loli-players are getting on my nerves..

Mewn
Dec 10, 2006, 04:22 PM
On 2006-12-10 13:07, Wheatpenny wrote:
Heaven forbid people find a viable way to shorten sentences to fit better in our small ass chat boxes..

How about 'Shots' and 'Duals'.

Wheatpenny
Dec 10, 2006, 04:22 PM
LOL ITS CLOBERIN' TIME!!!!!!! Dude kudos for one of the more amusing nanoblast transformation macros http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KojiroAK
Dec 10, 2006, 04:29 PM
On 2006-12-10 13:22, Mewn wrote:

On 2006-12-10 13:07, Wheatpenny wrote:

How about 'Shots' and 'Duals'.

You would run against windmills, this therms are already made.

And to change this is near by impossible.

Like to get people to say:"I send you an SM" instead of SMS.

(SMS -> short message service, how do you send a service?)

Wheatpenny
Dec 10, 2006, 04:29 PM
Duals what ? Sabers,Handguns,Daggers ?

EDIT: Come to think of it Dualies would have the same problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-12-10 13:40 ]</font>

lavosmanx
Dec 10, 2006, 05:22 PM
I got the idea when I think I first nanoblasted and I kept stomping and crushing everything like the thing, so it just stuck!

VanHalen
Dec 10, 2006, 07:14 PM

IT'S NOT A FUCKING CUTE WIDDLE KITTY CAT, IT'S AN OBJECT OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION.

i love you for that lol weapons shouldnt be considered cute imagine a world where people say

"Aww i wuv my shottie" *throws up*

lavosmanx
Dec 10, 2006, 08:08 PM
Add in a high pitched voice and you could have an anime hit on your hands!

Scejntjynahl
Dec 10, 2006, 09:36 PM
I dont understand the need to convey in text what weapon you will be using. Just use them, be quiet, and do your part. I swear I don't think I would ever hear that anywhere but in a video game. The need to announce what your going to do next or use next is quite moot. Same problem I had/have with fighting games... who in the right mind yells out what move they are going to use next? "Im goin to 'SHORYUKEN"!!" Bah, just do it, we can all see what is going on. For crying out loud. About the only time I thought it was fit to yell out/type out the next move is when we all were trying to synchronize our photon blasts... other than that... its just plainly not needed. (Unless of course you are ACTUALLY role playing a part in the game, which frankly, I have not witnessed as of yet).

KodiaX987
Dec 10, 2006, 11:03 PM
Reminds me of the dumbass who once called sexual slander because we used to say "HUnnies".

VanHalen
Dec 10, 2006, 11:37 PM
On 2006-12-10 17:08, lavosmanx wrote:
Add in a high pitched voice and you could have an anime hit on your hands!

hmm the sad part is i'll probably watch it. love it. and then get laughed at in school for liking it

Garroway
Dec 11, 2006, 10:56 AM

Let me see if I can decipher this for some of our younger, smarter, unmarried readers.

You were in the mood too piss on someones head so you checked the forums and discovered that the first page topics were more bland than you were hoping for. Not to be discouraged, you created a new topic so that you could remind us all what a complete bitch you are.

Seriously, you remind of my wife.

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 12, 2006, 04:17 PM

lol. I have been reading posts by you since befre I decided to join PSOW. And I have realized one major thing. YOu're always bitching about something that doesnt realy matter. People Say things because the sound cool, or they dont like righting the long version. I use Dualies to describe my Dual handguns. Takes up less space.
BTW... I j ust wanted to let you know shim...
If you die in game... you die in real life, too.

Niki
Dec 12, 2006, 10:14 PM
On 2006-12-11 07:56, Garroway wrote:

Garroway, is your wife a little bitch too? Jeez, they are just crawlin' out of the woodwork these days.

Para
Dec 13, 2006, 07:34 AM
On 2006-12-08 12:17, Skuda wrote:

;/

Not only they're retarded but they're called TWIN HANDGUNS.

Garroway
Dec 13, 2006, 10:22 AM
On 2006-12-12 19:14, Niki wrote:

Garroway, is your wife a little bitch too? Jeez, they are just crawlin' out of the woodwork these days.

I wouldn't say little.

DikkyRay
Dec 13, 2006, 04:23 PM
On 2006-12-13 07:22, Garroway wrote:

I wouldn't say little.

harsh words for a husband...
man, i hope she never read this

Maridia
Dec 13, 2006, 06:30 PM
The terms do sound stupid, I agree.

And man, if you have such nasty things to say about your wife in a forum without anything nice to balance it out, you PROBABLY should start looking into divorce, ass. ;P

VanHalen
Dec 13, 2006, 07:17 PM
On 2006-12-13 15:30, Maridia wrote:

And man, if you have such nasty things to say about your wife in a forum without anything nice to balance it out, you PROBABLY should start looking into divorce, ass. ;P

i 2nd that

DikkyRay
Dec 13, 2006, 09:19 PM
On 2006-12-13 15:30, Maridia wrote:

just because someone is a bitch, doesnt mean you cant love them

Alisha
Dec 14, 2006, 01:56 AM

Let me see if I can decipher this for some of our younger, smarter, unmarried readers.

You were in the mood too piss on someones head so you checked the forums and discovered that the first page topics were more bland than you were hoping for. Not to be discouraged, you created a new topic so that you could remind us all what a complete bitch you are.

LOL!

if i ever see someone say meow or nyah when nanoblasting i would probally spazz out. hey asshole did you know each voice makes a different sound when nanoblasting!!!!!! my character laugh when i nanblast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yoruichi
Dec 14, 2006, 12:41 PM
On 2006-12-13 22:56, Alisha wrote:

LOL!

if i ever see someone say meow or nyah when nanoblasting i would probally spazz out. hey asshole did you know each voice makes a different sound when nanoblasting!!!!!! my character laugh when i nanblast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mine "Rawrs" you lose.

Katrina
Dec 14, 2006, 12:58 PM

Creepy catgirls? sounds scary. I hope I never run into them ~nya

ShinMaruku
Dec 14, 2006, 02:42 PM
Mi no call mi gun dem shootie but raht mi call it "the bitch" that's what ih reduce dem bumboclaught fiends to.

As fi ih catgal whore dem, summon sub tnececle rape monsters or somthing.

Garroway
Dec 14, 2006, 05:46 PM
On 2006-12-13 07:22, Garroway wrote:

I wouldn't say little.

I can actualy see how that may have been misinterpreted. I was referring to her level of unpleasantness and not to physical mass. My wife is a cold hearted Sociopath, not obese.

I enjoy being married to her because of her unpleasantness. I know that if anyone crosses the line with my children, my property, or my money, she will show the offender their still-beating heart in a flurry of violence and profanity that even leaves me a little disturbed. Because of her hostile dispossition I have peace of mind when I'm not around to settle matters myself. The downside is that sometimes their hasn't been enough turmoil in our lives to satisfy her need for conflict, so she will pick some luckless bystander to be the victim of her pent up rage.

That's all this topic is. Someone looking to piss on people because she needs to remind us all that she's still here and still a unapproachable bitch.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 14, 2006, 06:31 PM
LOL I started this topic partially in jest cause I was drunk and just trolling, and it's become an evaluation of my psyche.

The internet is just fucking hilarious.

Yoruichi
Dec 14, 2006, 06:45 PM
The solution to your problems aren't at the bottom of a bottle shim *hugs*

Maskim
Dec 14, 2006, 06:57 PM
On 2006-12-14 15:45, Yoruichi wrote:
The solution to your problems aren't at the bottom of a bottle shim *hugs*

What if someone dropped her keys in a bottle of Crown Royal? Now y'all wouldn't have her just dump it out to achieve the solution to the problem, at the bottom of the bottle, would you?

Yoruichi
Dec 14, 2006, 07:05 PM
Would keys even fit wth lol

Maskim
Dec 14, 2006, 08:15 PM
I'm just showing, through example, that there are solutions to various problems at the bottom of a bottle. Not the least of which is being sober. The bottle works on that one nearly 100%.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 14, 2006, 09:06 PM
On 2006-12-14 15:31, -Shimarisu- wrote:
LOL I started this topic partially in jest cause I was drunk and just trolling, and it's become an evaluation of my psyche.

The internet is just fucking hilarious.

Isn't it though? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Drunk trolls alongside crazy anime freaks, alongside gaming "experts", alongside everything else.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who does a double take on a forum and realize, "Wow. I play the same game as some of these people?!"

UnderscoreX
Dec 14, 2006, 10:44 PM
-Shimarisu- is an angry nerd in a nutshell.

Maskim
Dec 14, 2006, 11:01 PM
On 2006-12-14 19:44, UnderscoreX wrote:
-Shimarisu- is an angry nerd in a nutshell.

But which is worse? The angry nerd, or the nerds that allow themselves to become enraged by the angry nerd?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maskim on 2006-12-14 20:02 ]</font>

UnderscoreX
Dec 15, 2006, 12:46 AM
Depends which you are.

Maskim
Dec 15, 2006, 01:33 AM
On 2006-12-14 21:46, UnderscoreX wrote:
Depends which you are.

Good answer.

KaFKa
Dec 17, 2006, 06:31 AM
Ya know, Shim...

I'd probably call them dualies and shotties, too. Just cause I find death and destruction funny in a game like this.

However, 'nyah' is just pathetic.

on topic at hand;
I thought everyone got over this like a year ago... Shim seemingly gets off by pissing in other people's cheerios. So, dont let it bother you and the troll will go away.

Rubius-sama
Dec 17, 2006, 06:41 AM
After 2-3 years of playing Halo 2, I tend to call everything "Shotties" and "Dualies". You really need to play more shooters, these are common names for guns across all of them. Society evolves...don't get left behind http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sinue_v2
Dec 17, 2006, 07:10 AM
just because someone is a bitch, doesnt mean you cant love them

Marrages aren't all rainbows and fucking sugar kisses. There is a VERY fine line between love and hate - if there is a line at all.

LOL I started this topic partially in jest cause I was drunk and just trolling

Hmm... I usually just go out paintballing houses and random people on bicicles when I'm drunk. Drunken trolling is kinda the same concept I guess... though not nearly as much fun.

Just cause I find death and destruction funny in a game like this.

Agree'd. Death, Murder, mutiliation, carnage, destruction, ect - is extremely hilarious in videogames. I expecially love shooting people with my bow in Oblivion - then picking up the bodies to inspect the entrance and exit wounds of my arrow. I won't even retrieve the arrow on particularly nice shots (eyes, ears, mouth, forehead) as a sort of trophy shot.

After 2-3 years of playing Halo 2, I tend to call everything "Shotties" and "Dualies".

That term has been around a lot longer than Halo 2 or CS. I remember hearing people refer to shotguns and dual pistols and "Shotties" and "Duallies" back in the days of DOOM and Rise of the Triad.

And yes, I also call my 4-10 IRL a "Shotty". It's like a "Mini-Me" to a 12-gauge, so it actually is kinda cute. I think I'm gonna put Hello Kitty stickers on it.

DavidNel
Dec 17, 2006, 06:41 PM
Hehe, I like saying "Hyperbeam cannon, FIRE" when I get my SUV... Good ol' Iornman. People get bored... Just let it go. If you are the leader, and want to be mean, kick them. Your choice, their bad luck.

PS: JK! (before I get yelled at.)

Sinue_v2
Dec 18, 2006, 10:33 AM
"MOONSTONE CANNON! FIRE!!"

OnnaWren
Dec 18, 2006, 03:20 PM
Personally, I'd key it to Positron Bolt, but to each their own... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 19, 2006, 07:32 PM
I agree with Shim. Also, anyone who calls a character a "toon" should be insta-banned by the server for being retarded.

Abeatron
Dec 20, 2006, 09:04 AM
You know what... when i get online I think Im gonna nname a caracter toonstone or sumfin', then I'm gonna name all my twinweapons, the left will be called Dual, and the right will be called liz (Get it, hehe...)... and im probably gonna go nyee, miauu ooohhh when i nanoblast.... just to mess with all intolerant angry "Cheerio-pissers" out there, what difference does it do what ppl call there weapons???

ShinMaruku
Dec 20, 2006, 08:07 PM
On 2006-12-18 07:33, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Please, Harpoon Cannon owned that junk.

Sinue_v2
Dec 20, 2006, 09:12 PM

Yeah... to bad the ship it was attached to was a fucking heap - expecially after Vyse got them mixed up in battles with ENTIRE GODDAMNED ARMADA, not to mention the Gigas.

Dephinius > Little Jack. Though I admit the Albatross could probably whoop both their asses.

KodiaX987
Dec 20, 2006, 10:03 PM
On 2006-12-19 16:32, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
I agree with Shim. Also, anyone who calls a character a "toon" should be insta-banned by the server for being retarded.

Uh-oh! Better cancel your Internet right away, bud.

ShinMaruku
Dec 20, 2006, 10:19 PM
Vyse had balls to go dow all that he did and the Gigas would eat everything. I priade dthe lord when I beat that game.. It was so well done... I demand Sega make a new iteration of this tale and put that dmaned cell to work!

Neith
Dec 21, 2006, 09:27 PM
'Dualies' is faster to type than 'Dual Handguns'. You can't call them 'Duals' because there's so many 'dual' weapons in PSU.

As for the Nya~ when people Nanoblast, blame it on Sega for making a game PACKED with things like Lolitas, Maids, Catgirls, Bikinis, and the various other suggestives. I mean, come on, its worse than PSO was, and that had frontless skirts and lingerie outfits >_>

But, if you're gonna call a Shotgun anything, make it Boomstick. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<3 Evil Dead

VanHalen
Dec 21, 2006, 09:33 PM
On 2006-12-20 17:07, ShinMaruku wrote:

HYPER COMBO LVL1 Iron man: infinty!!!!! PROTON CANNON

ShinMaruku
Dec 22, 2006, 10:47 PM
On 2006-12-21 18:33, VanHalen wrote:

On 2006-12-20 17:07, ShinMaruku wrote:

HYPER COMBO LVL1 Iron man: infinty!!!!! PROTON CANNON

Man The harpoon cannon would so merc that bastard....
Now The Nightmare SSJ3 level 3 rage, now that's the shit.

Wheatpenny
Dec 23, 2006, 05:34 PM
On 2006-12-17 15:41, DavidNel wrote:
Hehe, I like saying "Hyperbeam cannon, FIRE" when I get my SUV... Good ol' Iornman. People get bored... Just let it go. If you are the leader, and want to be mean, kick them. Your choice, their bad luck.

PS: JK! (before I get yelled at.)

On SUV I like saying "HERE'S MY SUNDAY DRIVER!"
Like war machine on Marvel Vs.Capcom.