PDA

View Full Version : My letter to Nintendo

Akdov
Dec 7, 2006, 10:58 AM
Dear Nintendo

Congratulations on a successful launch for the Nintendo Wii system. That being said and formalities aside I found one major problem with your virtual console specifically with the NES. THERE IS NO SELF INDUCED GLITCH MODE! I mean seriously did you really expect all us old-school gamers not to notice that our TV isn't cycling through the visible spectrum every five seconds or that there are no distorted sprites or lines that appear for no apparent reason! Even worse I can't use the Wii as a secondary toaster everybody knows toast tastes better when cooked in a NES. These major flaws deprive many gamers of the authentic NES feel. In order to rectify this grievance I propose that a modification be downloaded via connect 24. The modification should allow players to experience the glitches of a 25-year-old NES. If the screen starts flashing the player should blow into the Wii-mote microphone until the system works or the player passes out from hyperventilation. Also every few minutes the game should stop working for no apparent reason. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely
Tristan Akdov

Dhylec
Dec 7, 2006, 11:53 AM
the player should blow into the Wii-mote microphone until the system works or the player passes out from hyperventilation.
;o gosh, the old dayz..
i feel light-headed thinking about it @.@

Shadowpawn
Dec 7, 2006, 01:44 PM
XD, those were fun times. Pixelated graphics when system overheats for the win!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 7, 2006, 01:47 PM
In the old days bosses are named GEEGUS.

Do we really want that, again?

Is Karnov gonna have to spit fire like a chicken on a GEEGUS bitch?!

TalHex
Dec 7, 2006, 03:09 PM
I agree, whatever happened to the good olde glitches that could freeze the system, cause it to crash or even better yet permanently cripple the game cartirige... Although with the newer games you can still fall out of the environment... newbie gamers don't have a clue what being a devoted gamer is all about!

MaximusLight
Dec 7, 2006, 04:16 PM
XD

SpikeOtacon
Dec 7, 2006, 04:19 PM
One day, Akdov, one day...

Moo2u
Dec 7, 2006, 07:43 PM
I miss my NES toast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SpikeOtacon
Dec 8, 2006, 02:20 AM
In other Wii related news, Nintendy claims 1mil mark for Wii sales! (http://wii.ign.com/articles/749/749743p1.html)

Blitzkommando
Dec 8, 2006, 06:19 AM
You forgot the whole "savegames will randomly disappear due to crappy battery connections and/or dead save batteries in the old game carts". That one is always fun! Why, it was so classic it continued through the SNES and Nintendo 64!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norvekh on 2006-12-08 03:20 ]</font>

Akdov
Dec 8, 2006, 06:51 AM
You forgot the whole "savegames will randomly disappear due to crappy battery connections and/or dead save batteries in the old game carts".

The trick was to hold the reset button when turning off the power and to never take the cartridge out of the system.

TalHex
Dec 8, 2006, 08:05 AM
oh and you can't forget what would if you drop the game catrige (this happens to game boys alot to). it completely screws up the pixles and you spend the next hour walking around trying to debbug it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif