PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on the GI techs?

Pob
Dec 7, 2006, 12:48 PM
What do the FOs out there think of the new GI techs coming out in the update? I wonder how useful they'll be since you have to be surrounded to hit...

Tekershee
Dec 7, 2006, 12:51 PM
I heard they're amazing.

The thing is, the typical scenario for me is..

*sees enemies*
*radiga*
*gets surrounded*

I always get surrounded and them my radiga misses. I doubt I'm gonna use any Ra techs after the update. Gi all the way.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 7, 2006, 12:53 PM
Weak, but easy to hit multiple enemies that's gang-banging you to death. Some look sexy... Ok, they all look secksee.

Itsuki
Dec 7, 2006, 01:18 PM
They're a bit slow for some A-rank missions. Also, they suck till they're 21+ because of range issues. lv 1-10 the monsters need to be closer than they need to be to hit you.

Also, its suicidal to use them in some places... such as places with exploading mechs or flame throwing vanda.

panzer_unit
Dec 7, 2006, 01:32 PM
Have your hunter buddy knock things over for you with a PA.

Vorpal
Dec 7, 2006, 01:32 PM
I think they would be good, especially with wands. Dunno if I should get Gifoie, Gidiga, or Gibarta.

Zarbolord
Dec 7, 2006, 01:38 PM
I like all techs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Normal tech for simple non moving enemy (koltova mostly)
Gi if I'm surrounded
Nosu if the enemy flies and is pissing me off
Damu if they're just infront of me and they are too stupid to move (Vahras and such).

So all techs are cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Go FOrces http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Oxidation
Dec 7, 2006, 01:47 PM
After watching S rank videos im really hesitant to pick up Gi spells that put me smack dag in those hellacious battles.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 7, 2006, 02:07 PM
Nosu cant hit flying enemies sorry to rain on your parade.

Gi techs are probably the farmers best friend, high dps and when your solo all enemies will consentrate on your location. In a group however it will be harder to make as much use out of them.

Range is so crappy at first lvling the tech will be a major pain I dont know how ou could get 6 guys in that range outside of maybe a swarm of green lizards in relics. Takes more enemy hits than the RA spells to lvl since it can hit mor targets, but considering its nature I wont be able to use it as often and it will level much slower so its going to be a very dedicated process to get these spells to lvl 21+ Once your there tho they are great.

Genobee
Dec 7, 2006, 03:57 PM
On 2006-12-07 11:07, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
Nosu cant hit flying enemies sorry to rain on your parade.

UM sorry to rain on yours, but yes Noszonde can, unless I OMG WTF HAXED the boss in Dessert Terror with out me knowing it. I'm pretty sure he flys. And i was hitting flying dragons with it and fliping Bel Pannons out of the air with it.

Randomness
Dec 7, 2006, 04:10 PM
hmm... Sounds like I won't be getting more than one gi- tech at a time...
I hope damu- levels faster.

Inazuma
Dec 7, 2006, 08:06 PM
gi techs were amazing when they first came out. compared to the singles and ra, they were so useful for hitting fast moving enemies, or big groups. however, the cast time on em is simply horrid w/o a speed unit. takes like 2 full seconds to cast a gi tech once -_-

later on, we got damu techs, which pretty much took over as the main group attack techs. gi techs arent really too important now. but also, speed upgrades arent as important as well. the trend has switched from speed to power. there is a new head unit called Sori/Technicharge that adds 280 magic attack but raises pp cost by 50%. and later on, when we get nosu and regrants, power over speed will be even more true.

hold techs = power
click techs = speed

Pandatron
Dec 7, 2006, 08:11 PM
Personally since i'm planning to use a hybird of bows and canes in my mix i'm probably going to skip over Gi-techs for the time being... plus i wanna see how everyone else does with them. That and all my ra-techs are done but i kind of want to max out my basic techs as well so Gi can hit hiatus till better onces come out.

Plus i don't like the idea of being a Fortecher wil significantly less defense and hp running into a mob casting an AOE spell that could possible grab agro ^_^;;;. I could see this much more beneficial for a Wartecher or Guntecher use.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pandatron on 2006-12-07 17:15 ]</font>

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Dec 7, 2006, 08:15 PM
I've been using the Me/Concentrate for ages, if it takes 2 seconds to cast a gi normally, how long will it take with the speed penalty for that unit? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

VelosofLight
Dec 7, 2006, 09:28 PM
As a FObeast, I think I'll benefit greatly from having Gi- spells. Being able to take a few hits is my strongpoint.

lokijam
Dec 7, 2006, 11:39 PM
how are u "skipping" over gi-spells? theres not much new in way of force techs. i guess if your speaking as a wartecher or something. if your a force how cud u not pick these spells up?

Pob
Dec 8, 2006, 09:16 AM
At 12,000 a go, I think I'll give them a miss too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LeMan_Bayon
Dec 8, 2006, 05:48 PM
If you solo from time to time, then these are definitely worth it. I've got my gidiga to almost 13 now, it helps a lot. Before it used to take me about 15 min to solo a de ragan C, now it takes about 10 min. I miss a lot less than trying to line up and aim a ra spell. Just run up to the enemies, spam the spell and move on lol.

Randomness
Dec 8, 2006, 06:04 PM
Hmm... not to slow to level, power output is easily as good as Ra-series.
I'm liking Gifoie, but I don't plan on getting another until its level 11.

Umberger
Dec 8, 2006, 06:33 PM
In my opinion, the Gi- spells have hurt me more than they've helped me.

They're not really useful until you get them at higher levels, so you pretty much have to level them in lower rank missions. It may be able to hit everything surrounding you, but it doesn't mean they can't just re-surround you. =x

Remedy
Dec 8, 2006, 07:55 PM
I dunno, but I love the hell out of Gizonde, and I've been using it in stuff like Agata Relics A and Linear Line S. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif