PDA

View Full Version : Wartecher or Fortefighter...

Stryfe1
Dec 7, 2006, 01:49 PM
Kind of like the Humar abilities from PSO, meaning being able to use resta and what not, although Fortefighter has all the melee power.

Is there enough balance in Wartecher to still be a capable melee fighter?

Nayte
Dec 7, 2006, 02:04 PM
Wartecher is basically hunter and force at the same time, except that some stats are a little lower, whereas other stats are the same or higher than they would be as that class.

Kent
Dec 7, 2006, 02:15 PM
Well, there's a pretty big gap between what a HUmar was, and what a Wartecher is. Wartecher is really somewhere between what HUnewearl and FOmar were in PSO. Somewhere smack in the middle, between Hunter and Force.

Zarbolord
Dec 7, 2006, 02:30 PM
Which is basically what many had asked for...

Genobee
Dec 7, 2006, 03:31 PM
A Wartecher is pretty much what the HUnewhirl was, where as the ForteFighter is like the HUcast.

Gamemako
Dec 7, 2006, 03:36 PM
Wartecher = HUnewearl.

Notice: HU. Not FO.

Itsuki
Dec 7, 2006, 03:53 PM
I dunno about HUnewearl, I'm more tempted to go with FOmar after seeing them in action.

I mean, they have decent ATP, abysmal ATA, and focus on defensive stats more than anything. 2nd highest def, eva, and mst. Highest HP in the game. And the ability to heal itself.

Gamemako
Dec 7, 2006, 04:14 PM
Yeah, but HUnewearls had more HP and better defensive stats than FOmar. It's arguable which one to place them with. Really, it depends on what you are. Newmans wartechers are FOmar, no doubt about it. Human wartechers are HUnewearl. CAST wartechers are pure, unbridled fail, and beast wartechers are entirely unique (since they can't hit the broad side of a barn).

Genobee
Dec 7, 2006, 04:34 PM
On 2006-12-07 13:14, Gamemako wrote:
Yeah, but HUnewearls had more HP and better defensive stats than FOmar. It's arguable which one to place them with. Really, it depends on what you are. Newmans wartechers are FOmar, no doubt about it. Human wartechers are HUnewearl. CAST wartechers are pure, unbridled fail, and beast wartechers are entirely unique (since they can't hit the broad side of a barn).

Um if you can call not hitting the broad side of a barn missing once after 20 shots witha pistol and misssing twice out 50 swings of a saber, sure, you can call it that. But I dunno, I may call you wrong.

Also a Cast Wartecher would be fine, Because why would you use techs for any thing more then buffing an healing your self, If any picked Wartecher for damage I'm pretty sure your, I dunno retarded? Most of your damage while be coming from the S rank Daggers you will be swinging around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-12-07 13:38 ]</font>

Gamemako
Dec 7, 2006, 04:38 PM
Were you playing C-rank? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Remember that wartechers start with a 60% ATA penalty to go with beasts already-terrible ATA.

Genobee
Dec 7, 2006, 04:47 PM
On 2006-12-07 13:38, Gamemako wrote:
Were you playing C-rank? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Remember that wartechers start with a 60% ATA penalty to go with beasts already-terrible ATA.

and no try monsters 45 to 50. The only thing I miss on is Bees and I have no ATA mods at all.

First of all thats 10% more then a Hunter at lvl 1, Second of all at lvl 1 they have 60% at lvl 10 they have 80% and thst 20% more then a ForteFighter.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 7, 2006, 04:55 PM

Which hardly matters due to the fact that 90% of the time I'll try to get behind what I'm fighting anyway.

EVP is reduced from the side, an drops to zero "From behind."

Wartechers of ANY race in S rank have to get behind/flank things.

SO, it means nothing that beast ATA is lower. Also, consider the HP based megid attacks. And the difference in tech damage with a grinded Tenora works wand between beast and Newman wartecher is basically not all that great.

Now, consider soloing by deequipping armour, getting hit and restaing then nanoblasting the fuck out of everything. With decent ATP. Yes?

Beast wartechers are a class all by themselves, and they are NOT crap.

Gamemako
Dec 7, 2006, 05:07 PM
On 2006-12-07 13:55, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Which hardly matters due to the fact that 90% of the time I'll try to get behind what I'm fighting anyway.

SO, it means nothing that beast ATA is lower. Also, consider the HP based megid attacks. And the difference in tech damage with a grinded Tenora works wand between beast and Newman wartecher is basically not all that great.

Now, consider soloing by deequipping armour, getting hit and restaing then nanoblasting the fuck out of everything. With decent ATP. Yes?

I didn't say they were crap, but of course you hate anything that isn't a beast.

Racist. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, CAST wartechers could hit something. If they didn't suck as wartechers, anyway.

And if you're soloing like that, you need to get out of C-rank.

Oh yes, and if you start taking offense to my sarcasm again I'm going to steal your dog and beat you with it.

//EDIT: Genobee, beast fortefighters have 103% ATA at 10 and 78% at 1. That means they start with almost as much ATA as a level 10 wartecher. And you're lying about missing because my newman still misses in b-rank (level 30) missions with more ATA than a level 50 beast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2006-12-07 14:11 ]</font>

Genobee
Dec 7, 2006, 05:16 PM
On 2006-12-07 14:07, Gamemako wrote:

On 2006-12-07 13:55, -Shimarisu- wrote:

I didn't say they were crap, but of course you hate anything that isn't a beast.

Racist. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, CAST wartechers could hit something. If they didn't suck as wartechers, anyway.

And if you're soloing like that, you need to get out of C-rank.

Oh yes, and if you start taking offense to my sarcasm again I'm going to steal your dog and beat you with it.

Once again no they wouldn't. it's just a hunter that has tech, a Wartecher has alittle better stats then a hunter and now they have techs, SO if a class worked as a hunter guess what, it will work as a Wartecher. A wartecher is not an offense tech user, the techs a merely for buffing and healing yourself, thats why your only S ranks are MELEE weapons, your ment to do melee damage no tech damage.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 7, 2006, 05:18 PM
How exactly am I soloing in C rank by getting hit and nanoblasting? I'd be there all day.

More like A rank.

VanHalen
Dec 7, 2006, 05:18 PM
On 2006-12-07 13:34, Genobee wrote:

Um if you can call not hitting the broad side of a barn missing once after 20 shots witha pistol and misssing twice out 50 swings of a saber, sure, you can call it that. But I dunno, I may call you wrong.

Also a Cast Wartecher would be fine, Because why would you use techs for any thing more then buffing an healing your self, If any picked Wartecher for damage I'm pretty sure your, I dunno retarded? Most of your damage while be coming from the S rank Daggers you will be swinging around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-12-07 13:38 ]</font>

i dont know why you would just use wartecher for buffing either i mean melee is cool and all(since i do it all the time) but sometimes using a nice blast of foie in the face of your enemies and laughing as they run around on fire is even better

Genobee
Dec 7, 2006, 05:21 PM
On 2006-12-07 14:18, VanHalen wrote:

i dont know why you would just use wartecher for buffing either i mean melee is cool and all(since i do it all the time) but sometimes using a nice blast of foie in the face of your enemies and laughing as they run around on fire is even better

yea but before you can cast foie you can do 4x it's damage with 1 combo from S rank daggers.

Carbinne
Dec 7, 2006, 05:23 PM
I want to fiddle with wartecher just for the fact that it has a lot of melee, the bit of force and access to bows. Brew it all up together and you wind up with a character that actually is a little bit of everything, melee, range, and magic. Unlike that loser class Protranser that can't even use resta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Course, Protranser gets 30/30 PA caps while Wartecher has to settle for a lousy 20/10/20... so I'd say Wartecher isn't for people who like to cap out their PAs. That's about all I can say about wartecher without actually getting out there and being one.

VanHalen
Dec 7, 2006, 05:27 PM
On 2006-12-07 14:21, Genobee wrote:

On 2006-12-07 14:18, VanHalen wrote:

yea but before you can cast foie you can do 4x it's damage with 1 combo from S rank daggers.

true but heres the thing with lvl 20 PAs and Lvl 20 techs each one would kill something in 1 hit and definitly with an elemental bonus. and also its nice to know that you can do damage with techs and weapons.

Stryfe1
Dec 7, 2006, 06:49 PM
Anyone know where the Wartecher chart is? Being the weapons they can use and what not?

Gamemako
Dec 7, 2006, 06:52 PM
http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Expert_Types

Stryfe1
Dec 7, 2006, 07:07 PM
Thanks, Wartecher looks like the job for me.