PDA

View Full Version : is a cast force any good?

redmage2501
Dec 7, 2006, 03:15 PM
are they?i dont know because i dont have psu yet.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 7, 2006, 03:16 PM
:0

PALRAPPYS
Dec 7, 2006, 03:17 PM
Yes... IF you give them the right equipment. Get them some mind items with a good armor that can hold them. Power them up a bit and then you'll be fine. Er... well, that's what I would do.

Zarbolord
Dec 7, 2006, 03:18 PM
Yes and no....
Well they are good as a back, especially as we'll get the boosts and debuffs now. As they have high defence they can just dive into the action, heal everyone and boost debuff without getting killed, where as a FOnewearl would be preferable behind the front line to nuke the enemies. But for a cast I'd propose more an extra class, such as guntecher (like me woot). As a guntecher your ATA skills and the tech skills are mixed together, maybe your magic damage saps, but your accuracy is great and your defence is usefull for what I've said above.

Ryoki
Dec 7, 2006, 03:22 PM
If you like being crippled, yes.

________
Mazda tribute specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_Tribute)

Zarbolord
Dec 7, 2006, 03:24 PM
On 2006-12-07 12:22, Ryoki wrote:

What do you mean by crippled? As in bash attack? You know, psu was conceived for group work, if everyone has a class that just bashes, what is the point of making groups? Each expert class defines a different way of playing and each strategy will now give better and more precise opportunities for each of us to develop their play style. Good night to you sir!

Viper472X
Dec 7, 2006, 03:25 PM
No, there is just no reason for it. Unless guntecher.

Zarbolord
Dec 7, 2006, 03:26 PM
On 2006-12-07 12:25, Viper472X wrote:

Read before declaring your opinion, I wrote it twice as a certain person did not understand something.

Ryoki
Dec 7, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-12-07 12:25, Viper472X wrote:

Now I admit Guntecher is an excellent path for CASTs.

________
Ford Falcon Cobra Specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Falcon_Cobra)

lordzanon
Dec 7, 2006, 03:28 PM
On 2006-12-07 12:22, Ryoki wrote:

ffxi talk..... heheh sorry had to^^

Gamemako
Dec 7, 2006, 03:52 PM
CASTs make the worst forces and fortetechers, period. Even beasts are better. However, they make great (arguably the best) guntechers (which are basically gunners who can use buffs/debuffs/resta -- 35-44% TP penalty means most of your tech power is based on your wand bonus anyway, so it doesn't much help to have high racial TP except to have better wands).

Sinue_v2
Dec 7, 2006, 04:03 PM
Yes, thankfully PSU is the kind of game where the skill of the player > stats of the charcter.

Casts can be useful forces, but you'll have to work harder at it to make up for the lacking stats.

As for what they're useful for... diversity and novelty. I don't like the idea that FO's can only be Numans, HU's can only be beasts, and that RA's can only be Casts. It's what the stats dictate are their best classes in order to not be "gimped" - but it leaves very little room for variety in a game which emphesises uniqeness.

ZiG
Dec 7, 2006, 04:27 PM
On 2006-12-07 13:03, Sinue_v2 wrote:
I don't like the idea that FO's can only be Numans, HU's can only be beasts, and that RA's can only be Casts. It's what the stats dictate are their best classes in order to not be "gimped" - but it leaves very little room for variety in a game which emphesises uniqeness.

This is only true if you're some king of number-crunching powergamer who thinks having fun is "gimped".

DoubleJG
Dec 7, 2006, 04:41 PM
Anything can be good if you make it good.

Carbinne
Dec 7, 2006, 05:18 PM
Stick an Alteric +5 on a Cast Force. Oh man the pwnage. Stick an Alteric +5 on a Cast Wartecher. After an ATP up spell. I dunno how that will work specifically but I'm guessing it's something along the lines of "Oh man the pwnage." But we'll see in a few days how stuff like CAST Fortetecher or Wartecher etc goes. People will certainly bitch and moan about it enough, I wager.

Pandatron
Dec 7, 2006, 05:21 PM
Staying as a Cast Force to become a Cast Fortecher... bad idea.
Getting the minimum requirement to become a Cast Wartcher or Guntecher...good idea.

Any questions? (probably is a flaw in my logic somewhere x.x).

Gamemako
Dec 7, 2006, 05:28 PM
Wartechers have terrible ATA and only 6% more ATP than a guntecher. For bows, guntecher is much more effective. Also, remember that as a CAST you won't be equipping many good wands.

That's one of the main problems CAST forces face -- they can't use their own weapons. They do poor damage and they have poor EVP. Guntechers don't rely on techs for damage at all and don't have massive EVP, so that doesn't touch on their weaknesses.

Carbinne
Dec 7, 2006, 05:30 PM
What about Protranser?

HAHAH Who cares about Protranser, right? I mean, who used traps in PSO GC? Nobody! They were like the 50 cent crap in the bargain bin that you picked up and showed off to people but never used.

That's what I thought anyway until VH and Ult started pwning me badly and I needed to set down traps multiple times a room just to get a chance to attack. Jeez. Maybe there's some kind of Ultimate trap that sucks all the monsters into a black hole where they die. I'd be using that every time I see a Bil de Vear or whatever it's called.

Gazette
Dec 7, 2006, 06:03 PM
If you mean pure force like Fortetecher, then no...
You can fall back on your Bowand cards , but if you're gonna do that, you might as well be a Guntecher...

If you like the idea of your Cast going the Fo way, it'd benefit you to pick a hybrid class.

Parn
Dec 7, 2006, 06:11 PM
I'm of the opinion that you may as well play whatever you want. Just remember that if you pick an oddball combination, you will always end up with more weaknesses than strengths.

Unless you're me of course, in which case, being a total stud outranks any other possible trait.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 7, 2006, 06:34 PM
Focast + Bow = Awesome damage output. This one Focast I partied with was out damaging my +5 Burzaihoh. There wasn't any problems with his heals being low since he would just toss an extra heal to top us off. Plus we are not limited to amount of techs we can cast by race. Since PP is on weapons. Also Cast have enough HP to not be one shotted by De ragan breath attacks while healing the Hunters.

AC9breaker
Dec 7, 2006, 06:47 PM
Cast force is so awesome, we can count to infinity... Twice!

VanHalen
Dec 7, 2006, 06:51 PM
theres only one way to find out when you get the game try them out. you'll find out if you like them or not.

Gamemako
Dec 7, 2006, 06:51 PM
On 2006-12-07 15:34, KiteWolfwood wrote:
Focast + Bow = Awesome damage output. This one Focast I partied with was out damaging my +5 Burzaihoh. There wasn't any problems with his heals being low since he would just toss an extra heal to top us off. Plus we are not limited to amount of techs we can cast by race. Since PP is on weapons. Also Cast have enough HP to not be one shotted by De ragan breath attacks while healing the Hunters.

Which is why CASTs make such damn good guntechers.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 7, 2006, 07:55 PM
I'd use a cast force if Sega gave us 6 slots, however that isn't going to happen. I love being a force.