PDA

View Full Version : which is better for beast: figunner or fortefighter

Agne
Dec 7, 2006, 08:38 PM
well i've been wondering for a while, and even tho i know the decision is ultimately up to me, i still can't decide so i need some help.

I've been training up a beast and at first i was going figunner so i got my ranger to 3 and my hunter to 5. With all the extra time, however, i was able to get my hunter to level 10. Now i have a dilemma. To go with the class custom made for me or a class that might even gimp me. If i go fortefighter i get bonuses and stuff and with figunner i get equipment that i actually use. Dah dah dah.

So before i make a final decision (which may not be so final considering my ability to switch classes) and to help anybody else out in this same dilemma, i decided to make a thread with good DEBATES for each side so i and anyone else can make an informed decision.

Also please refrain from post that are irrelevant such as "fortefighters own XD" or anything like that without some kind of reason or back up for your statement. Obviously they both own in their own right, so those kind of statements get us no where when good information is what is needed, for now and future players.

Cash_Lavi
Dec 7, 2006, 08:39 PM
Fortefighter

Chris28
Dec 7, 2006, 08:41 PM
make a cast and make him/her a figunner. make your beast a fortefighter.

my lvl 50 cast will be a figunner and my lvl 33 human will be a fortefighter.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 7, 2006, 08:44 PM
fortefighters obviously, although I will respect the idea of a Beast fortefighter if they prefer twin weapons or if they want to use double sabers. but beasts do get bonus stats in fighgunner. I would say play what you like, but the elitist loser would more likely than not say to go fortefighter. I have a beast and he's gonna be a fortefighter, my human is gonna be a figunner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-12-07 17:46 ]</font>

JasonWFD
Dec 7, 2006, 08:50 PM
IMO, ForteFighter is statisticaly better for a Beast than FiGunner. With all those quick hit weapons, you want the best accuracy possible, which is why most would say that a CAST is better suited for FiGunner.

Now, statistics are for perfectionists and baseball. You should play whatever the heck you like the best. Neither choice is going to make you useless: the only way to be ineffective is for your playing skill to be lacking. Just pick whatever class feels best for you (i.e. whatever set of weapons you think are the sweetest) and just go hack stuff in the mouth.

Personally, I'm going for a Beast fF as one of my alt characters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JasonWFD on 2006-12-07 17:51 ]</font>

Merumeru
XD omg fortefighter, im sure you'll just love the damage numbers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

chewydawg
you should make a human or cast fighgunner!! the humans get statistical bonuses for any hybrid class so they make the best fighgunners and beast honestly arent too good with thier accrucy but that probaly doesnt matter that much in the end. its really your choice. but ask yourself this which weapons do you like the most. fighgunners really cant hold many types of guns. so choose carefully and do your research

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 7, 2006, 09:03 PM
^
um, no, actually, even with the human stat bonuses, I still think that CASTs make the best figunners, although the difference between the two races is not too big.

chewydawg
Dec 7, 2006, 09:04 PM
On 2006-12-07 18:03, Shiroryuu wrote:
^
um, no, actually, even with the human stat bonuses, I still think that CASTs make the best figunners, although the difference between the two races is not too big.

really i thought they would be around equal

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 7, 2006, 09:10 PM
yeah, I guess they pretty much are, since like I said, there isn't that much of a difference, and humans do have better EVP, a really important stat unless you're obsessed with getting the full PA.