PDA

View Full Version : unfair or am I not balancing it out correctly?

EphekZ
Dec 7, 2006, 10:55 PM
K well while looking at guntecher and wartecher for some reason I keep feeling guntechers get the better hyrbidyness* I mean they get Everything a fortegunner gets(give or take laser cannon) and yeah they get different S-ranks. While wartecher misses out on swords(yes I like swords and they are very effective) axes and double sabers. They also get only two s-ranks.

Then SKills come into play- Guntechers: lvl 10 PAs(who cares dont need to melee) lvl 30 bullets( they have every..well almost every RA weapon so That's really good. and lvl 10 techs( Still very good. These techs are really meant for supporting anyways.)

Wartechers however get lvl 20 PAs lvl 10 bullets and lvl 20 techs. I guess the two level 20 skills balance out the lvl 30 and lvl 10 but meh. Anyways I keep trying to convince myself that it's balanced but for some very odd reason I keep seeing it as unfair.

so tell me it's just me(give reasoning.) or agree with me(more reasoning needed)

*yes, yes not a word http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sychosis
Dec 7, 2006, 11:08 PM
It's just you.

Wartecher = A complete hunter and a complete force in one.
Guntecher = A weaker version of fortegunner and half a force in one.

Please refer to my mathematical explanation below:

Hunter = 1
Force = 1
Fortegunner = 2
Weakness factor = .75

Wartecher = 1 + 1 = 2
Guntecher = .75(2) + .5(1) = 1.5 + .5 = 2

Math brings it all together.

happy_cricket
Dec 7, 2006, 11:15 PM
HMO: Wartecher is for players unafraid of a challenge. For those who are bored with characters who only die once every 35 levels.

Ether
Dec 7, 2006, 11:21 PM
Wartecher = Gimp

Guntecher for the win. The argument that wartecher is a hunter and force in one fails because they have much worse stats than a normal hunter, and they can't use rods. They fail at both aspects of their class.

rythmic
Dec 7, 2006, 11:59 PM
I am going wartecher. since so many here love to complain about how bad wartechers are. I'll keep my resta to myself and let you all use your mates.

EphekZ
Dec 8, 2006, 12:03 AM
On 2006-12-07 20:59, rythmic wrote:
I am going wartecher. since so many here love to complain about how bad wartechers are. I'll keep my resta to myself and let you all use your mates.

reguardless of all this I too am still going wartecher, but I will be supporting and such http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Choja
Dec 8, 2006, 12:03 AM
...HAHAHA!
So apparently, I was right/wrong/right/indecisive?
Okay, so here's the score:
Ether hates Wartechers, and Sychosis hates Guntechers. or not. Still, I love the split things.
Told you people were getting down on (erotic!) on Guntechers/Wartechers.
I say Guntecher. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zorafim
Dec 8, 2006, 12:06 AM
The way I see it, guntechers are just fortegunners with a different name and the ability to cast spells. It's just like fortehunter and fighgunner. Wartecher is a true hybrid, though. I really don't see how this is helpful, but those seeking to be proficient in both meleeing and teching have this class.
(Seems rather silly to be equally effective in two different forms of attack that use the same hand. If you could offhand the wand or dagger, that would make sense, but having to switch just seems silly).

EphekZ
Dec 8, 2006, 12:07 AM
On 2006-12-07 21:06, Zorafim wrote:
The way I see it, guntechers are just fortegunners with a different name and the ability to cast spells.

HAHA, That's exactly what I always say http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 8, 2006, 12:08 AM
I'm having both Wartecher and Guntecher so that I can see how good [or bad] they are.

Sychosis
Dec 8, 2006, 12:13 AM
On 2006-12-07 20:21, Ether wrote:
Wartecher = Gimp

Guntecher for the win. The argument that wartecher is a hunter and force in one fails because they have much worse stats than a normal hunter, and they can't use rods. They fail at both aspects of their class.

Eh? Comparing the stats, a Guntecher has only 54% more stats in total than a Ranger. A Wartecher has 140% total stats better than a Hunter.

Further supplemented by stronger buffs from level 20 techs, the fact that guntechers are also unable to use rods...I don't see where you're coming from Ether.

Choja: I don't hate Guntechers. What gave you that idea? The only thing I hate is that I won't have enough PA slots to get a decent number of bullets or else I would gladly hop between Fortecher, Wartecher, and Guntecher.

Gamemako
Dec 8, 2006, 12:21 AM
Simple difference:

Wartechers are able to use offensive techniques. Guntechers abilites are ENTIRELY left to healing and buffing/debuffs ONLY. They have a huge TP penalty and only level 10 max.

Also, consider the huge difference between bullets and skills. Bullets don't change quite so much to level 30 as skills do.