PDA

View Full Version : 8 hour wait time for 8*, 12 hour wait time for 9*, 24 hours

Deja
Dec 8, 2006, 02:52 AM
Your thoughts? I for one think it's pretty ridiculous. Waiting 8 hours just for it to fail truly sucks and will just add to the disapointment you feel. With a 100 Pure PM, you have a 54% chance of making the weapon, so it's basically a 50/50, and if you get two heads in a row, and the third is finally a tails, that's a wait of 24 hours to get a freakin' A rank weapon.

Lame.

Aegias
Dec 8, 2006, 03:05 AM
Its really a difference of audience and MMO fundamentals. PSU is more catered (sp?) to the Asian population, who seem to be alot more hardcore about their MMOs. Besides that Sega cant seem to get past that first generation MMO time sink. And this my friend is one of them. The newer mmos hide them in things that are slightly fun, ie. WoWs old pvp grind , and EQ's raid system. Whatever keeps you playing a tad bit longer and wasting more time to put another dollar in their pocket.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 8, 2006, 03:06 AM
Welcome to the nightmare that armor crafters have faced since day one.

Stop crying.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 8, 2006, 03:11 AM
That's why you synth before you sleep or work or whatever.

AndyPandy
Dec 8, 2006, 05:22 AM
The time isnt a problem the % chance of it working is.

Will this still be the case for uber rare weapons. Ie you spend ages gathering the mega rare parts, then only have a low % chance of actually making the item?

Solo_Wing
Dec 8, 2006, 05:25 AM
They wouldnt be "rare" if they were easy to make now would they? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SpishackCola
Dec 8, 2006, 05:35 AM
File this under QQ more.

AndyPandy
Dec 8, 2006, 05:47 AM
I would have thought just finding the "rare" items is enough to make an weapon rare.

Regardless....its another reason for people not to continue playing the game when they realize how retarded the crafting is in this game.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 8, 2006, 05:54 AM
Er my bad I though it said 9 hours for S rank stuff. 24 is a good amount of time. But I guess it is cool, makes S rank stuff even rarer.

Blitzkommando
Dec 8, 2006, 05:59 AM
Welcome to PSU, we strive to bring masochism frustration creativity to your home in as colorful a way as possible. You may say we at Sega are sadistic, and you would be right, but we don't like to call it that. We call it 'balancing the trade economy system'. Please don't bring up the logic of it being a computer (Partner Machine) that is synthesizing the parts and how computers would be able to repeat a process after a success indefinitely as that is too logical. Also don't bring up the idea of synthesizing having a greater and greater percent of success the more the Partner Machine is successful at synthesizing a particular item as, again, that is simply too easy and logical for us.

Thank you for your concerns,
Sonic Team C/O Sega

uhawww
Dec 8, 2006, 06:03 AM
On 2006-12-08 00:06, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Stop crying.

Genobee
Dec 8, 2006, 06:21 AM
yea who's idea was it to make. 8+ hour creafting time, syth failures, and grind breaks.

I love how people bitch when reveiwers compare this game to an MMO, when this game has MMO fundamentals but it's not an MMO, It's like getting the candy wraper instead of the candy.

FrogKicker
Dec 8, 2006, 07:44 AM
On 2006-12-08 02:59, Norvekh wrote:
Welcome to PSU, we strive to bring masochism frustration creativity to your home in as colorful a way as possible. You may say we at Sega are sadistic, and you would be right, but we don't like to call it that. We call it 'balancing the trade economy system'. Please don't bring up the logic of it being a computer (Partner Machine) that is synthesizing the parts and how computers would be able to repeat a process after a success indefinitely as that is too logical. Also don't bring up the idea of synthesizing having a greater and greater percent of success the more the Partner Machine is successful at synthesizing a particular item as, again, that is simply too easy and logical for us.

Thank you for your concerns,
Sonic Team C/O Sega

Ok, I'll bite.

Dear LogicMan,

Welcome to reality, it is a wonderfull place and we hope you will decide to stick around for a while. We understand if it is to much for you to handle due to recent comments made but with time you could overcome it. You see, here in reality PSU is just a game and therefore these planets, robots, weapons, and synth materials do not exist. Since they don't really exist, comparing real world logic to a game that is very very very not real, isn't logical at all. You see, in PSU, Sega can say Casts are the dumbest race there is due to the fact that it is 1)Their game and 2) NOT REAL. We regret to inform you, that if you choose to stay here in reality you must submit a name change form. Since you obviously lack this logic you refer to we don't think it would be a good idea for you to confuse people into listening to what you say. We hope you can look past this little tid-bit and we hope to see you soon!

Don't think to hard,
The folks in reality

Semihex
Dec 8, 2006, 08:00 AM
i actually like this.. even when i craft crappy 2-3 hour items.. i just forget about them.. the way i see it is that i dont have the item. im doing fine.. if i get it ill be much stronger. when i craft anything i just do something else. and this means that not everyone will have these high lvl weapons. you cant just go out get items and say look i have an S rank wep.. you have to get the board get the items synth it and wait the time. its a great concept to me, and it will definately keep me from getting bored in game.

Sychosis
Dec 8, 2006, 08:02 AM
What hurts the most is that whether your item failed or not was determined the split second you started. The wait is just there for suspense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-12-08 05:03 ]</font>

KaiNova7
Dec 8, 2006, 08:35 AM
The hours do seem a little far fetched but hey, thats part of the game.
So its not that big of a deal to me.
Just find other things to do in the mean time.
As far as the low percentage, thats just Sonic Team being Sonic Team.
Making the "best weapons" hard to find or create.
Cant wait to get started.