PDA

View Full Version : your future.....

l_Will_l
Dec 8, 2006, 04:26 AM
Ok i dont know if theres been a post on this or not. but i cant believe that the cast at the guardians counter just said all your future are belong to us. lol i know im only on chap 4 and i just found this funny as hell. maybe im sleep deprived lol

TheRealBoBcAt
Dec 8, 2006, 04:38 AM
haaaaaaaak phtho!! Bad Japanese to English translation.

Zhakel
Dec 8, 2006, 04:40 AM
All your base, your base, base... base... All your base... are belong to us!
Dude I freakin' took a screenshot of that to show my friends. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that.

l_Will_l
Dec 8, 2006, 04:45 AM
yeah when i seen it i think my jaw dropped alittle. they said shes a new cast and is learning how to talk. and u know that was just to throw that in there.

Kanore
Dec 8, 2006, 06:15 AM
On 2006-12-08 01:38, TheRealBoBcAt wrote:
haaaaaaaak phtho!! Bad Japanese to English translation.

More like... very direct reference to what is one of the very first internet fads.

You know, something that was actually better than the stupid 'OVER 9000 LOL' shit?

l_Will_l
Dec 8, 2006, 09:40 AM
yea i personally cant stand this 'OVER 9000' bs. least the all your base are belong to us came from an old game back in the day

Akaimizu
Dec 8, 2006, 09:45 AM
True enough. Sheena is generally supposed to be bad with languages. So the English team took it upon themselves to throw that joke in there. The Japanese have their own silly mispronunciations from her, but those are generally more funny for their language, not ours. We have completely different funny language screwups than they do.

Kind of like the anime "El Hazard". One where liberties were taken to actually add brand new jokes, made funny for english-speaking audiences, that the Japanese never had. (Particularly with all the background speech, they took the time to create, when lots of people are in a scene.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-08 06:48 ]</font>

l_Will_l
Dec 8, 2006, 09:47 AM
yes thats true. but i can see them knowing that the all your base are belong to us fad floating around the internet and putting it in there. althought they are a bit late with it. it was really roarin when pso was first released. but again thats sega for u lol

Akaimizu
Dec 8, 2006, 09:49 AM
Actually, the initial PSO released a bit before that fad really took off. However, other games have taken time to put that in. Like Activision's Spiderman 2, in which the fad hadn't quite gone down yet, at the time.

Of course, with all the following fads like Chuck Norris and the deal, the old All Your Base doesn't feel as overdone anymore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-08 06:51 ]</font>

l_Will_l
Dec 8, 2006, 09:55 AM
yeah its been such a long time i can barely remember. ahh all i can remember when i think of that is mome... urgg still haunts me *shakes fist* lol