PDA

View Full Version : have any fortefighters tried the AXE yet?

vash2022
Dec 8, 2006, 08:55 AM
Im a single/double dagger kinda guy and love twin sabers last game, but i want to be a kickass hunter so i want tot know if axes are any fun.

Thoridan
Dec 8, 2006, 08:58 AM
I tried. Meh, i bought the 90K one in the shop with no elemental properties.

Its kinda hard to compare dmg though, since when I changed from Fighter lv.10 to Fortefighter Lv.1 I lost a lot of base atp.

But i can safely say: It is slow, and it is VERY good at knocking around big crowds of monsters to eliminate combos to allies.

vash2022
Dec 8, 2006, 09:02 AM
hm, well how much do you do anyway? And also do you think it will be your main weapon?

-Ryuki-
Dec 8, 2006, 09:11 AM
I saw a LoliFemaleCast use it. It was cute, considering she was white and blue instead of the typical all white or black.

And the Axe was huge on her, as predicted XD

Bleemo
Dec 8, 2006, 09:45 AM
I picked up my Axe today and managed to get the PA to level 5 after 3 Relic A runs.

As a Beast, I see a ton of 0's. It's dangerous to throw an attack from the front due to the extremely low ATA. The Photon Art is great, but levels quite slow, and suffers the most from the low ATA.

The regular attack combo is only single target, not AoE as some assumed. At 47, I'm seeing around 250 per hit on standard Lv45 mob types. Granted, this is at Lv1 Fortefighter. The third combo hit for the standard attack is too slow on attacking and in recovery time, so I usually just spam the first two hits.

I love Axes, but the DPS isn't going to be as high as Twin Daggers, especially with the current ATA issue. It might be different at Lv60 and Lv10 Fortefighter.

vash2022
Dec 8, 2006, 03:48 PM
so stay away from axes for the time being?

Genobee
Dec 8, 2006, 03:57 PM
yea it's ok, wasn't was I was expecting, I'll probly save it until I'm 60/10 cause I think the crap stats we have now make the weapon almost usless atm.

KG
Dec 8, 2006, 04:00 PM
if u guys do like 2 linear line runs on B your PA gains a lvl and a half so if u do like 18 runs u should be able to get it to 21

Sakura123
Dec 8, 2006, 04:02 PM
Go fighgunner then if you love dagger/saber twin dagger/twin saber

Double Saber are amazing so far, normal attacks hits everything around you and the range is big. The PA is great, first hit knocks down everything around you (not flying, not far away, just knock them down in the same spot) to the floor and hit them 3 times each. And only eats 15 PP.

Ronzeru
Dec 8, 2006, 04:16 PM
As a fortefighter and as a cast, axes'll prolly own for you once your fortefighter level is high enough, and you actually train that axe somemore. Casts actually have the ATA to actually hit the things. I'm not sure how many of you've done S-Class missions yet, but those things are evasive. And if you can't hit things in A rank hardly with them, then WHOOHOO, you won't be useful in S-Rank anytime soon.

Retrowors
Dec 8, 2006, 05:21 PM
i synth'd an 8* star anka barde 14% ice , i hit a Koltove with PA critical 648 damage .. If you want to stop the miss do normal attack first seems to hit more often than not =)

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 8, 2006, 05:36 PM
On 2006-12-08 13:00, KG wrote:
if u guys do like 2 linear line runs on B your PA gains a lvl and a half so if u do like 18 runs u should be able to get it to 21

you do realize it doesn't level at the same speed as you increase it's level. Getting from level 20 PA to 21 is vastly different from 1 to 2. It would take a lot more than 18 runs, sorry to tell you, unless you used all your Photon Energy, left, refilled, and returned, basically only attacking with the PA. I'm getting twin saber to 21, single claw to 11, double saber to 21, and twin dagger to 21, then just using them as I see fit. They'll level on their own after that.

THE JACKEL

Mystil
Dec 8, 2006, 06:13 PM
Yes going from 20 to 21 takes a long time. I haven't tried axe and I wont.

Cause_I_Own_U
Dec 8, 2006, 06:44 PM
The first PA sucks, the second PA is where the money's at (not the second part of the first PA i mean the second PA that is not even in the game yet)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-12-08 15:44 ]</font>