PDA

View Full Version : Dual Claws vs. Axes

maximo1987
Dec 8, 2006, 11:53 AM
Hello,
After finally being able to wield axes and double claws, I am wondering which to purchase first (I can only afford one). Axes seem appealing, for obvious reasons, but I am turned off by their inaccuracy, espescially for a beast. On the other hand, dual claws seem like an effective alternative. I am also considering a new spear.
What do you guys think?

Doh42
Dec 8, 2006, 11:55 AM
single claw, or axe is more the question.
Dual claws do not shine at anything except looking good. Bad PP regen, no off-hand, lower damage by far, the PA is fun, but show-off-y in nature.

Both Single Claw and Axe specialize in single-target destruction. Single-claw attack are fast, too, and strong. The PA is awesome.

Twin Claws are really slow, and decentish in damage. I love them, I'll make some soon, but I would definitely start with axe (if two-handed weapons is your style) before twin-claws.

Aegias
Dec 8, 2006, 01:35 PM
AGree with the above poster Single claw is pretty solid. Working on axe atm 3 hour synth =(.

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 8, 2006, 02:00 PM
rats, and i jus spent a good chunk on dual claw.

Zorafim
Dec 8, 2006, 02:08 PM
I'd hate to say it, but dual claws aren't worth using over other weapons. I don't know which PA is out, but the two on story mode really suck. I think the axe will really outclass it.

Single claw is pretty good stat wise, though. It's like a high power low range saber with a damaging PA.

Alisha
Dec 8, 2006, 04:05 PM
your on crack one of the dual claw pa's own because it knocks enemies on the ground. wich is always a good thing.

Aegias
Dec 8, 2006, 04:33 PM
Im still snagging a dual claw, i <3 it but not before my Axe/singleclaw/and others.

Diablohead
Dec 8, 2006, 05:16 PM
Dual claws hit more per combo, so the power maybe lower but you still deal about the same damage. All depends on what you prefer and not others.

DikkyRay
Dec 8, 2006, 05:26 PM
after seeing tonnios twin claw pa...
i almost died seeing as that was the most pwnage thing i have ever seen.
Still axes ftw

Doh42
Dec 8, 2006, 05:32 PM
But twin claws hit less often than daggers (normal attacks), and the PA does also, and have a weirder attack pattern, puts you in more danger.
It is slightly stronger, more accurate with less PP than an even ranked yohmei dagger, too. The knock back is also only on the 3rd part of the PA, meaning you won't see it for a while online.

I'm not saying twin claws should not be used, but the single claw brings something closer to axe than the twin claws, which are closer to twin daggers, in term of usefulness.

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 8, 2006, 05:42 PM
Axes suck -_- So slow.

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 8, 2006, 05:59 PM
if you guys are interested i have a pair of twin claws up for sale, Shop name "Emeralda" They r cheaper than the NPC.

PS2/PC version btw

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tenzntwentiez on 2006-12-08 15:00 ]</font>

Alisha
Dec 9, 2006, 12:42 AM
On 2006-12-08 14:32, Doh42 wrote:
But twin claws hit less often than daggers (normal attacks), and the PA does also, and have a weirder attack pattern, puts you in more danger.
It is slightly stronger, more accurate with less PP than an even ranked yohmei dagger, too. The knock back is also only on the 3rd part of the PA, meaning you won't see it for a while online.

I'm not saying twin claws should not be used, but the single claw brings something closer to axe than the twin claws, which are closer to twin daggers, in term of usefulness.

the pa i'm talking about you do a dragon punch in the 2nd part of the combo that knocks enemies vertical then they fall on the ground at wich point you can unleash the full normal combo.

Deja
Dec 9, 2006, 12:50 AM
Axes are FAR from suck, the PA is a crowd killer.

plus, 22% dark axe on those chickens in relics? OWNED!

Mawile
Dec 9, 2006, 05:51 AM
if anyone wants to trade an axe or a single claw for some twin claws, please lemme know :V