PDA

View Full Version : Uhh.. maybe I should switch back to Force?

KirinDave
Dec 8, 2006, 12:03 PM
Anyone who's made the jump to Fortetecher can tell you that the change is pretty damn scary. Your MST and EVP go way up, but your HP plummets, your TP goes down a fair bit, and everything else drops further.

Unlike many folks here, my main is only level 40, and where before every level was really easy, now with 500hp it's deadly-hard. Throw into that mix my stuggle to master the new Gi-line of spells and you've got a recipe for burning through every scape doll I have.

I'm considering switching back to Force until I hit 50, then trying this again... Does anyone else feel this way?

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 8, 2006, 12:05 PM
imo the gi spells suck, i miight just skip mastering them.

Akaimizu
Read the topic below, that says they were Gimped. It's perfectly normal. Just remember, you are a level 1 of that new Class. It's is completely expected that Expert classes that are a Mixture will see some of your stats go down until you gain more class levels.

Edit: Just remember, when you switch to a new class, you have a new play style to go with it. Seeing what they excel at gives you an idea of which ones work and which ones don't. Just make sure the new playstyle is what you think you'll enjoy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-08 09:09 ]</font>

Sychosis
No way.

Missing out on mission points is worse than eating babies.

_Deliverance_
Dec 8, 2006, 12:07 PM
If you can use Gi spells as FO, then yeah, I'd solo while skilling them up every chance I get.
When you want to rank up your fT, maybe just shy away from the GI series until you're more sturdy in the HP department.

That's what I'll be doing.

panzer_unit
Dec 8, 2006, 12:14 PM
Or do the easiest of the easy for missions. Skill your Gi's and work on your new job at the same time. It doesn't matter what you hit, just that you're hitting... right?

DMG
Dec 8, 2006, 12:58 PM
Though I'm glad they've been added, I guess I'm one of the few forces that ins't going ga-ga over the GI series. I plan on leveling them up when farming and just 1 at a time.

And yeah, the switch to FT is pretty scary at 1st. (I wasn't 50 either when I switched) Despite all the detriments, there's many things making it worth sticking with it IMO.
For example, I'm loving the increase in bullet skills. Even with my Pea-Shooter of a handgun I'm freezing things on a much more consistant basis.

I'd stick with it IMO.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 8, 2006, 01:08 PM
Gi wont be too bad to lvl solo.

I have been on since 7am today soloing Sleeping B, I have only got 2 barta lvls and im almost 51 already. That means I am almost gaining lvls just as fast as I can lvl barta... BTW I am using almost only barta!!! only using diga for the big green guys...

barta 18 now... 3 lvls to go.

and yeah the change is hard, I dont solo sleeping A now because the boss can 1 shot me.

Killuminati
Dec 8, 2006, 01:13 PM
On 2006-12-08 09:03, KirinDave wrote:
Anyone who's made the jump to Fortetecher can tell you that the change is pretty damn scary. Your MST and EVP go way up, but your HP plummets, your TP goes down a fair bit, and everything else drops further.

Unlike many folks here, my main is only level 40, and where before every level was really easy, now with 500hp it's deadly-hard. Throw into that mix my stuggle to master the new Gi-line of spells and you've got a recipe for burning through every scape doll I have.

I'm considering switching back to Force until I hit 50, then trying this again... Does anyone else feel this way?

Level your expert job and your HP will rise.

Killuminati
Dec 8, 2006, 01:16 PM
On 2006-12-08 09:05, Tenzntwentiez wrote:
imo the gi spells suck, i miight just skip mastering them.

Level them up and sure your opinion will change.

Faendryl
Dec 8, 2006, 03:32 PM
I went from 800hp to like 450 ~_~
my def got cut in half, and my atp/acc/tp alll shot way down

oh well, time to start leveling foretecher!

solo sleepeing warrior c ftw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mystil
Dec 8, 2006, 03:41 PM
Switching back to force =

Can't lvl techs up to 30.
Can't use A/S rank wands/rands + any new weapon class available to you.

We're all in the same boat. Hang tight, play the game. You're also a force type - get a group together and head to moatoob. Good mission points there.

HC82
Dec 8, 2006, 04:04 PM
You gotta tough it out. I can get shotted really easy and now I'm sporting a whooping 600+ hp (sigh), and enemies hit me for 150 to 450, depending on the enemy. I can't even buy A rank armor because my base DEF is too low...

Despite the boost in EVP and having Tero/Legs, you still get the snot beat out of you.

Hell levels anyone?

Save the costliness of all the new gear (8 rank rods, which take 6 hours to make BTW and 60k in materials for each try, not counting the 110k board). I think Tomoirod with +6 grinds is the way to go. Although, an 8 rank rod is just too damn sexy for its own good.

Kronovan
Dec 8, 2006, 04:36 PM
Well...since I have a GH-410 (striking) PM, leveling Gi spells shouldn't be a problem. The 410 always tries to stick by your side, so using Gi spells will at least save you the trouble of coaxing her to attack. As it is, when using Diga, Foie and RaDiga I usually have to position mobs between myself and her.

So far I've only soloed Meadows B and Overlord B with my PM and didn't notice the difference despite the big decrease in stats. I think I'll have more problems when running A missions with smaller parties.

I'm going to continue with Foretecher despite still being low level; currently only level 39. And I can't wait till my Diga and Foie reach level 21; less than 1 lvl to go http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sexy_Raine
Dec 9, 2006, 06:53 AM
I bought a 6 star armor instantly after I saw my crap stats. Hopefully we get our stats back, some of them will remain at 50% though.

EJ
Dec 9, 2006, 07:58 AM
also that for expert class to get to lvl 2 you need 400 mission points ;3

Randomness
Dec 9, 2006, 08:01 AM
Yeah... slow to level, very slow.

Kanore
Dec 9, 2006, 09:37 AM
I've only died to Bil De Bears. You gotta learn how to move.

If you're soloing, though... I can't help you there :3