PDA

View Full Version : Sega did their Job with Update.. Now go out and recruit peop

Para
Dec 8, 2006, 12:34 PM
seriously... it really sucks that SEGA failed on their first impression on many people for PSU and drove 3/5s of the opening week population away.

We really need to get the word out that things are coming together to those that left PSU and make them come back.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 8, 2006, 12:48 PM
I don't want them back, they smell.

lavosmanx
Dec 8, 2006, 12:52 PM
Im not recruiting either until they improve things. Seriously, getting a lousy C rank for a B rank mission... it is seriously depressing. I atleast could use a double meseta weekend or something, you know?

Tahldon
Dec 8, 2006, 12:54 PM
I agree with Shim, let them be.

They were so quick to judge and be impatient. Let them miss out.

Patience is a virtue they say.

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 8, 2006, 12:58 PM
Its not our job to recruit its theres... there fault they lost The population when they had them.

JAFO22000
Dec 8, 2006, 01:04 PM
On 2006-12-08 09:52, lavosmanx wrote:
Im not recruiting either until they improve things. Seriously, getting a lousy C rank for a B rank mission... it is seriously depressing. I atleast could use a double meseta weekend or something, you know?

No way. All of the people will have comments like this. I hate complainers and I'm glad most of them left. The last two weeks have been a joy playing online...only the patient players were on!!

Franz
Dec 8, 2006, 01:07 PM
I guess alot of newcomers are turned off form PSU because PSU gets to the point.

They prolly misss there 30-minute+ travel times to the EXP hotspot , waiting to be invited to EXP with the cool ppl , idleing around at the auction house wishing they were that high lvled guy with the leet armor and other things from the standard MMO flavor ...

But i do miss a regular overworld PSU feels so small compared to other games , can't wait till a use for the spaceport gets put in. Visting other Colonies sounds promising.

mogshaz
Dec 8, 2006, 01:17 PM
On 2006-12-08 09:54, Tahldon wrote:

Yeah, keep pretending that low server population isn't a problem guys. in fact, go play Shadowbane and come back and we can discuss how poor content leads to low server numbers which leads to no one playing the game.

Careful
Dec 8, 2006, 01:22 PM
I wish i could return the game, but i was "ONE" day to late.... *cries* Now i'm stuck with a game that sucks.

AngelLight
Dec 8, 2006, 01:26 PM
I think what needs to be done is to recruit new blood and not try to re-recruit ppl who have already tried the game once. On one hand, bringing in ppl a 2nd or more time will already put a negative tinge to how they see everything and thus color them (and that wont make them viable as people to build a population off of). On the other hand, there is a serious population problem right now going on. Now at best, only Universe 1 is ever full and that's after they let in all the EU players. There is a serious population imbalance and obviously those players with Static Groups or Guilds wont feel it as much as those who PuG.....but eventually, guilds fall apart, players leave static groups....and what does that leave those people.

We need new blood, new faces, new people. Get the word out everyone and try to see if we can bring in a whole new generation of PCs into our world.

Kaidenx
Dec 8, 2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah it's quite sad logging in only to see Universe 1 always full ..which is primarily full of the retards. And universe 2 barely half full. Then universe 3 and down empty. Albeit 15 which is exclusive to friend teamers and PSOW lovers.

Mystil
Dec 8, 2006, 01:53 PM
On 2006-12-08 10:07, Franz wrote:
I guess alot of newcomers are turned off form PSU because PSU gets to the point.

They prolly misss there 30-minute+ travel times to the EXP hotspot , waiting to be invited to EXP with the cool ppl , idleing around at the auction house wishing they were that high lvled guy with the leet armor and other things from the standard MMO flavor ...

I know what game you're talking about... let it go. We've moved on from that trash and I'm glad the PSU/PSO community is not entirely composed of that MMO's player base.

Cracka_J
Dec 8, 2006, 02:00 PM
It's a sad fact that the majority of gamers these days will buy or try a game baded on what their favorite magazine/website told them. PSU got 5/10 from a lot of sources (ign included), and I think that right there scared a lot of people away from even trying it. In terms of the original post, those who tried it and left should just stay away. They didn't like what really is a great game, so just let them be. I think if someone asks about it tho, who hasn't tried it and has an open mind you should try and pass the good news.

AngelLight
Dec 8, 2006, 02:08 PM
Largest Population I ever saw was Universe 1 and 2 full, Universe 3 at 4 1/2 stars, and Universe 13 and 15 at 1 star. That was 3 weeks into the game from launch.....

In my mind that was the closest we ever came to a viable game population.....and this is no where close to what most of the PSOs were population were at most of the time.

For sure, we need to dissolve those bad views about this game that the reviewing boards came out on with PSU. Tell your friends everyone, PSU wants them and we're all waiting with open arms. ^_^

Mystil
Dec 8, 2006, 02:15 PM
We need to shut the mouths of all people who complain about the game. Nitpickers too and unappreciative people. Starting with some members of this forum. >_>

AngelLight
Dec 8, 2006, 02:25 PM
You need to wake up to reality and stop being a fan boy. There is nothing wrong with providing examples followed by constructive advice. Last I checked America and Japan were both democratic countries (a.k.a. freedom of speech). As long as you're providing something positive to the pot, then there's nothing wrong with bringing up negative points as well....which in all honesty SEGA did bring alot of it upon itself.

For all the negatives that exist, there is still alot of potential left here to be had. We need to bring in more people for everyone to have the chance to utilize it to the fullest. Personally, I'll be doing my part to hopefully add a small contribution to the pot with some possible individuals I've been talking to on the side about. We'll have to see what comes of this latest update.

zofia
Dec 8, 2006, 03:09 PM
On 2006-12-08 11:15, Mystil wrote:
We need to shut the mouths of all people who complain about the game. Nitpickers too and unappreciative people. Starting with some members of this forum. >_>

The reason people have all but abandoned this game is because it has poor production values and is not all that fun.

The reason people whine about that fact is so many of us have such fond memories of our many hours with PSO and we feel profoundly let down by PSU.

Have no illusions. Sega's chance to hold onto to their launch population and build from there has long since come and gone. This game is a ghost town (and it only took two months). Its not because of whiners. Whining is a symptom of the problem. The problem is instead of a 'super' PSO they gave us a tiny game beholden to an out-of-date console, with sub-par programming and extremely limited content (which is even further limited by their artificial 'unlockings' over time). Add to that a mmo-like grind for levels, synths and weapon grinds and you have the makings of a colossal failure.

Put another way, this game is Lineage II in North America without the LII graphics, world, patches or music but with the same harsh grind. That's a mission to fail.

With this game I officially quite Asian online rpg's, until further notice.

Shim, don't worry: I like the pain, I will LET the door hit my ass on the way out. Hopefully the impact will scar me so I never ever ever give ST or Sega the benefit of the doubt again (or, at least not until they've redeemed themselves and re-earned my trust with some future title).

It will be easy (for those of you left) to be mad at me or to ridicule my post. That's fine. I would never tell someone else how to think or how to feel. However, if you search your inner thoughts you may find that the people you are most mad at are Sega & ST. I'm betting even those of you who claim to really like PSU still wish (in your inner gamer's heart) that PSU was something that it is not.

My 2 meseta. Good bye and thank-you to every PSO Hunters!

P.S.
Just remember: The Hunter's Guild helps you to enrich your life!

VelosofLight
Dec 8, 2006, 03:12 PM
I'm amazed. I really didn't think it'd happen, but SEGA redeemed themselves with this one.

JAFO22000
Dec 8, 2006, 03:17 PM
Can't blame you for not playing a game you don't find fun...

As opposed to you, I think this is a HUGE step up from PSO. That is MY opinion. I like the whole fighting system/ worlds/weapons/classes/etc. which were implemented. The fact that they are releasing content a little at a time is good too. It makes things exciting. Prolongs the experience. If we had everything up front, there would really be nothing to look forward to. I mean, look at the buzz on the boards today due to the update.

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 03:21 PM
On 2006-12-08 10:17, mogshaz wrote:

Yeah, keep pretending that low server population isn't a problem guys. in fact, go play Shadowbane and come back and we can discuss how poor content leads to low server numbers which leads to no one playing the game.

ON the Xbox 360 Servers 1 and 2 are full, and 3 is halfway there.

No population problems here.

FrogKicker
Dec 8, 2006, 03:25 PM
On 2006-12-08 12:21, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-12-08 10:17, mogshaz wrote:

ON the Xbox 360 Servers 1 and 2 are full, and 3 is halfway there.

No population problems here.

Wut he said^

360 servers 1 and 2 always full. 3 is usually more than halfway full. Plus other random servers have 1 maybe 2 stars. Now I just wish I remember who was arguing with me about ps2+PC > 360 in terms of population...

VelosofLight
Dec 8, 2006, 03:28 PM
I take back what I said about SEGA's redemption. Are the story missions borked for anyone else?

Mystil
Dec 8, 2006, 03:29 PM
On 2006-12-08 12:09, zofia wrote:

The reason people have all but abandoned this game is because it has poor production values and is not all that fun.

The reason people whine about that fact is so many of us have such fond memories of our many hours with PSO and we feel profoundly let down by PSU.

Have no illusions. Sega's chance to hold onto to their launch population and build from there has long since come and gone. This game is a ghost town (and it only took two months). Its not because of whiners. Whining is a symptom of the problem. The problem is instead of a 'super' PSO they gave us a tiny game beholden to an out-of-date console, with sub-par programming and extremely limited content (which is even further limited by their artificial 'unlockings' over time). Add to that a mmo-like grind for levels, synths and weapon grinds and you have the makings of a colossal failure.

Put another way, this game is Lineage II in North America without the LII graphics, world, patches or music but with the same harsh grind. That's a mission to fail.

With this game I officially quite Asian online rpg's, until further notice.

Shim, don't worry: I like the pain, I will LET the door hit my ass on the way out. Hopefully the impact will scar me so I never ever ever give ST or Sega the benefit of the doubt again (or, at least not until they've redeemed themselves and re-earned my trust with some future title).

It will be easy (for those of you left) to be mad at me or to ridicule my post. That's fine. I would never tell someone else how to think or how to feel. However, if you search your inner thoughts you may find that the people you are most mad at are Sega & ST. I'm betting even those of you who claim to really like PSU still wish (in your inner gamer's heart) that PSU was something that it is not.

My 2 meseta. Good bye and thank-you to every PSO Hunters!

P.S.
Just remember: The Hunter's Guild helps you to enrich your life!

Oh I'm not going to deny that SEGA screwed themselves big time. But perhaps the result of all of this was thier intention? It's just that we're getting stuff now and you have a few still trashing the game. We don't need that negativity to scare what players we have left away. You and a lot of others are stuck in the past, and I can understand. Don't tell me though that the lot of you expected PSU to be as big as PSODC was during it's first month when Oberon had over 1000 players with the US ship totaling up to 3000.

And it's no pysching out, or lying to myself. I tell the truth when I say I've not had this much fun SINCE PSODC. PSU has did a find job 'reviving' that impact on me. And I'm sure it has for a lot of other players. PSU is a great game. We DON'T have a good sized player base to prove this.

THANKS!

Witchblade56
Dec 8, 2006, 03:29 PM
Honestly? Like I've said in some of my previous posts people have a fast food mentality and expect it all "Their way right away!" "I R PAID 9.99US A MONTH FOR THIS I EXPECT IT NOW!" Seriously gtfo with this attitude.

We have been rewarded for waiting. For those of you that think its still not enough there is an extra value menu at Mcdonald's. . . .

Seriously online gaming isnt the only place ive seen this type of attitude. Sadly it's becoming the norm to harass people working at restaurants and in the healthcare field [ya that's right i said healthcare I'm a nurse]. People come storming to the counters os screaming at you on the phones about why you havent completed such and such task within the same hour they called; like you dont have a million other things to do and deal with besides them.

Ok that's a bit offtrack but it applies. Come on people if you want something better or think the grass is greener on the otherside feel free to mosey on over there and leave us to our game.

I have been and always will be a fan of the franchise; from it's inception in the master system to what it's become today. Thanks to the rest of my fellow franchise fans for making this forum a mostly happy place to post =)

panzer_unit
Dec 8, 2006, 03:37 PM
I don't care about server populations... you only need 2 people to make a good team, or 6 for a full one. I know who mine are.

lavosmanx
Dec 8, 2006, 05:25 PM
I just have a few complaints about how they handle meseta. It's not fairly distributed like it should be ingame. It's treated as an ordinary item and there is the problem. Because if you look at it like this, you will see what I mean...

4 people in a team, B rank Nuedaiz relics run, three people earn 3,000 while the last guy only earns about 2000. Now that isn't very fair and some might know what I'm talking about.

If they did something about that I wouldn't really care as much. To be honest, I think they should properly reward people in the game. It's not fair to give them a C rank if they enter mid mission but try their best. They can't help not being there when the game was created. To be penalized for it is frankly wrong...

People should be rewarded even if they enter mid mission. Just don't penalize them so much. Also, C Rank really bites. Getting nothing even though you tried your hardest sucks frankly.

I'm glad Sega did the x-mas update too, I just think there is more for them to add. And I think it is no wonder people have left. I think the game could've been prepared better before release, then things wouldn't be so bad.

And low population IS a problem, especially with someone like me who likes to take their time killing monsters. When I have to choose sniping for items and not kill, that is when sega needs to improve things. About 90% of the teams I see have the 'give finder' for both rare and normal items which sucks really.

Also, I think what they could really use in online mode is an item price comparison feature for user shops. To help with pricing and what not. This would be alot better and prevent overpricing. Admit it, it's overpriced when something sold at an npc is sold for one price, and the same item with same stats sold at a user shop is sold for twice that ammount.

And I am not talking about WOW, I just think PSU needs alot of improvement... nothing wrong with that really. I refuse to let sonic team win and I quit. I'm staying for the long haul and I am going to beat them at their own game!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lavosmanx on 2006-12-08 14:29 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 8, 2006, 05:32 PM
I think people were stupid for leaving because they were impatient... their loss really

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2006-12-08 14:33 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Dec 8, 2006, 05:37 PM
On 2006-12-08 14:25, lavosmanx wrote: I refuse to let sonic team win and I quit. I'm staying for the long haul and I am going to beat them at their own game!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lavosmanx on 2006-12-08 14:29 ]</font>

How exactly does ST "win" if you quit??

Mystil
Dec 8, 2006, 06:05 PM
On 2006-12-08 11:25, AngelLight wrote:
You need to wake up to reality and stop being a fan boy. There is nothing wrong with providing examples followed by constructive advice. Last I checked America and Japan were both democratic countries (a.k.a. freedom of speech). As long as you're providing something positive to the pot, then there's nothing wrong with bringing up negative points as well....which in all honesty SEGA did bring alot of it upon itself.

For all the negatives that exist, there is still alot of potential left here to be had. We need to bring in more people for everyone to have the chance to utilize it to the fullest. Personally, I'll be doing my part to hopefully add a small contribution to the pot with some possible individuals I've been talking to on the side about. We'll have to see what comes of this latest update.

The only thing that shocked me about this post was the first sentence. First time someone has ever called me a fanboy.

I don't like SEGA/ST. I love the game. If that makes me a fanboy then, oh well. I'm not gonna just agree with you or anyone else for arguement sake - that's not being true to oneself. I'm going to defend the game :/. That's how I roll - that's me.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 8, 2006, 06:07 PM
Check out the amount of ppl online right now. Un1 and 2 is completely full

lavosmanx
Dec 8, 2006, 06:40 PM
But universes 3 and 4 are not...

Faendryl
Dec 8, 2006, 06:41 PM
PSU already dropped down to $20 for ps2 and $30 for 360 on amazon >.<

JAR
Dec 8, 2006, 06:52 PM
Man Zofia, you are one serious downer! Man, I play PSU because it gives me that old-school feel and the environment(Although I wish it where a full world) doesn't take hours to navigate thus not sapping my time like one MMO that shall go unnamed...And as far as population goes, I'll be sad about it when they shut down the servers and I can't play anymore which will hopefully be far off. You're also telling me to "Have no illusions", WTF, I'm playing a game where I'm an android that kills various forms of monsters for a living via interplanetary travel all the while using laser guns and lightsabers, I'm sorry to say but I have plenty of illusions spank you very much.

Agne
Dec 8, 2006, 07:07 PM
Well i, for one, am happy that i haven't had to keep to my promise of flaming every complaint post i see, b/c there haven't been many recently. Honestly Sega/ST has done nothing but amaze me since the launch of psu. The differences that make psu better than pso are so many that anyone who says that fanboys need to wake up really needs to get off the crack. Do i need to name them all... no. We all know the answers. And right now i have more than enough things to keep me occupied till next update.. my only fear now is that if they start doing weekly updates i might get so far behind i will never be able to catch up.

And as far as the whiners go... good riddance. I have had the most enjoyable last 2 weeks on psu. And honestly the boards are clearer too.

sakeru
Dec 8, 2006, 07:17 PM
i dont know what you guys talking about, the 360 servers are full all the way to uni 5
and one star in 13 . This is awesome ,lots of things to see and do

ZeroMX
Dec 8, 2006, 07:18 PM

Ohh my God, if this game wasn't as good as it is, I would say that this is Shadow the Hedgehog all over again...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZeroMX on 2006-12-08 16:20 ]</font>