PDA

View Full Version : Protransers, what of em?

Kyon
Dec 8, 2006, 02:03 PM
So I worked my arse off to level jobs 10/5/5 looking to be a versatile character... and was shocked to find every single stats they have is lower than my level 5 force level. Even the ATP! But I'm gonna try them out anyways. At least I won't have to buy those expensive A rank weapons since I can't equip them anyways. What do you guys think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyon on 2006-12-08 11:25 ]</font>

Umberger
Dec 8, 2006, 02:06 PM
I think you need to level up your Protranser, then come back to us.

If you've ever played Ragnarok Online, think of it like being reborn...yeah you're going to be a level one and your skills will be bad at first, but in the end, you are leaps and bounds above a basic class.

SpishackCola
Dec 8, 2006, 02:07 PM
umm, you grind a 3star weapon to +10 then expect a +0 4star or 5star weapon to be better right away?

Akaimizu
Dec 8, 2006, 02:08 PM
Same thing as the others. Always remember, the more areas you spread yourself out as, the more areas you need to utilize to be most effective. Protranser is most likely, the expert of the expert classes. You can rule, but you have to work hard to do it.

In lots of ways, (With the exception of the Forte Classes), it's similar to using multi-colors in a Collectible Card Game like Magic. It comes with a nice ability to do a collection of things you couldn't before; but it comes with a higher requirement of thought and strategy to truly take advantage of it.

And of course, the Level 1 issue, and having to bring them up to a level that makes them kick butt with your new strategy.

Kyon
Dec 8, 2006, 02:09 PM
Well still, it is an expert class and the fact that it has a lower atp and ata then my lvl 5 force level is kinda iffy. I'm still going to be a protranser and I'm going to get it to level 10 to see how it is. First I gotta try them traps and since I won't be using new weapons soon, why not drop a 100k on clothes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Seyren
Dec 8, 2006, 02:12 PM
I have to wonder why people are jumping the gun on the whole "expert vs basic" issue and comparing stats. Especially the FOs. What makes anyone think a level 1 you've barely(if at all)touched, is going to start out on the same level as a lvl 5-10 you've invested days or weeks of time on?

None of the classes are gimped. If you actually play them for more than 5 minutes, you'd come back and edit all these stupid threads stating they are.

Mystil
Dec 8, 2006, 02:13 PM
Protranser is a late bloomer. You don't start getting good stat wise until much later in class lvl. But yea the initial stats will turn a lot of people away from the class.

JAFO22000
Dec 8, 2006, 02:14 PM
Thank you , Seyren. My sentiments exactly...

Didn't we all KNOW that some of our stats were being reduced??? Not like it's been a secret.

Careful
Dec 8, 2006, 02:19 PM
all that meseta you have to spend on traps.... i can barely use 2 G traps on my ranger without feeling i've wasted money.

Mystil
Dec 8, 2006, 02:21 PM
On 2006-12-08 11:14, JAFO22000 wrote:

Didn't we all KNOW that some of our stats were being reduced??? Not like it's been a secret.

I don't think a lot of people were prepared for the kind of cuts they recieved. But it's not a problem bosses can't fix! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kyon
Dec 8, 2006, 02:26 PM
I guess the post title has everyone upset so there. >.> chill out people, I was just giving an honest first reaction after seeing a whole list full of orange numbers then reaching the end to an entirely blue list.

panzer_unit
Dec 8, 2006, 02:32 PM
Your stats are only going to go up to "bad" from the "awful" they're at right now. They're going to take their sweet time going that far, too. I hope you're okay with that.

Witchblade56
Dec 8, 2006, 02:45 PM
panzer and seyren pretty much stated my sentiments on this issue.

I didnt have any high expectations about having the ability ot do "Uber" dmg etc right from the instant i change to one of the new expert classes. I got accustomed to the change that i had to do for figunner. Going from RA to HU was noticable, right up until i hit Lv 11 on my striking arts.

This aint Burger King people you gotta work at your new chosen expert job. Fast food mentality . . . .

galaxy
Dec 8, 2006, 02:52 PM
what people are also seeming to forget is that, while your stats drop in the beginning, you now have access to A (and in other expert classes, S) rank weapons, which you couldnt use before. granted, they're all super expensive, but still...keep that in mind.

Kyon
Dec 8, 2006, 02:54 PM
On 2006-12-08 11:52, galaxy wrote:
what people are also seeming to forget is that, while your stats drop in the beginning, you now have access to A (and in other expert classes, S) rank weapons, which you couldnt use before. granted, they're all super expensive, but still...keep that in mind.

No, that's the first thing I remembered. I just can't use those A weapons until I leved to like lvl 55.

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 03:12 PM
On 2006-12-08 11:26, Kyon wrote:
I guess the post title has everyone upset so there. >.> chill out people, I was just giving an honest first reaction after seeing a whole list full of orange numbers then reaching the end to an entirely blue list.

I was checking them out and the only orange numbers I saw were from the Force's (and any variation of) because of the MST/TP boost. I took a big hit going from Hunter (10) to Fortefighter (1).

The key is PATIENCE.

panzer_unit
Dec 8, 2006, 03:28 PM
On 2006-12-08 11:45, Witchblade56 wrote:
I didnt have any high expectations about having the ability ot do "Uber" dmg etc right from the instant i change to one of the new expert classes.

Anyone who's played ranger for a while knows that there are useful things characters can do besides DPS.