PDA

View Full Version : Beast Wartecher?

Nestahima
Dec 8, 2006, 04:22 PM
I'm thinking about starting up again today (I haven't played PSU since the first week), and I was wondering if my Beast Wartecher is a horrible choice or not.

(Due to it being a Beast.)

Ronzeru
Dec 8, 2006, 04:22 PM
lawlz.

Nestahima
Dec 8, 2006, 04:24 PM
That wasn't the help I was looking for... (Plus I accidentally blocked him, how do I undo that?)

Phalynx
Dec 8, 2006, 04:27 PM
I think it would work fine, when I start playing again I think im gonna go with that. You'll have your buffs debuffs and healing, as well as nanoblast and the fighting abilities that come with a beast. Personally, I think it would work great.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phalynx on 2006-12-08 13:27 ]</font>

Ronzeru
Dec 8, 2006, 04:27 PM
Well, i'll tell you the answer people want to hear, and the correct answer.

Answer people want to hear: This is a game. You can be whatever you want to be in it. So you can make a badass Wartecher because Beasts are strong as is!

Correct Answer: lolbeastwartecher. Get real. If you are doing it just because you want to be able to heal yourself and do high damage, your'e leveling the job for the wrong reason. Not saying this is Nestahima's situation, but that is the mainset of most Beasts i've come across. Beasts are melee onry. They aren't suited for anything magic. You'll be gimped, but hey, this is a game. You can be whatever you wanna be in it. Even if that thing you wanna be just happens to be gimp.

Pentence
Dec 8, 2006, 04:28 PM
Well i have a best wartecher lvl 43 and i love it.I may not have the best techs but my close combat skill along side that high atp more than makes up for it.My advice is to get a arm unit with acc and some bows.With the high atp those things can become very usefull.

Pentence
Dec 8, 2006, 04:34 PM
On 2006-12-08 13:27, Ronzeru wrote:
Well, i'll tell you the answer people want to hear, and the correct answer.

Answer people want to hear: This is a game. You can be whatever you want to be in it. So you can make a badass Wartecher because Beasts are strong as is!

Correct Answer: lolbeastwartecher. Get real. If you are doing it just because you want to be able to heal yourself and do high damage, your'e leveling the job for the wrong reason. Not saying this is Nestahima's situation, but that is the mainset of most Beasts i've come across. Beasts are melee onry. They aren't suited for anything magic. You'll be gimped, but hey, this is a game. You can be whatever you wanna be in it. Even if that thing you wanna be just happens to be gimp.

Yes it is a bit gimped but then again so is any other race who is not playing in their "respective class".I play gimped chars alot and do fine becouse i know how to equalize them.Also i compared the fortefighter with wartecher and figunner.It seems wartecher is not as far behind its counterparts in terms of atp s we originaly thought.So alas even i was surprised how much of my power i retained.

Phalynx
Dec 8, 2006, 04:43 PM
If you play the game by the stats, and you really care how you stack up against other people, then its not suggested, but if your PLAYING the game and not LIVING the game, you can do fine with any race/class combo. People who play these games by the book shouldn't even respond to questions like this. Instead, you should go back to your number crunching and loser lives and STFU.

Spellbinder
Dec 8, 2006, 04:53 PM
The creater of this Topic wanted opinions, and whether good or bad, they were delivered. Whether playing by the stats or not, its up to them to decide, so why do you stop tossing profanity around around and shutup yourself. You don't have the right to undermine their opinions just because it's not what you want to hear.

Phalynx
Dec 8, 2006, 04:59 PM
On 2006-12-08 13:53, Spellbinder wrote:
The creater of this Topic wanted opinions, and whether good or bad, they were delivered. Whether playing by the stats or not, its up to them to decide, so why do you stop tossing profanity around around and shutup yourself. You don't have the right to undermine their opinions just because it's not what you want to hear.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 8, 2006, 05:11 PM
My alt is a CAST Wartecher. I personally guarantee you will perform better, and have fun while doing it. I approve of your choice of Beast, even though I know it means nothing.

Gamemako
Dec 8, 2006, 05:20 PM
There is a PSOW player who is a beast wartecher in JP. He can tell you more than anyone else here, but here's my assessment in a nutshell:

Beast wartechers aren't a bad choice. They have the highest HP of any caster, which makes them the best choice for HP-based megid attacks. They have great defensive ability, augmented by the wartecher's stats. They do more damage than any other wartecher. They can equip decent grinded B-rank wands at around level 45 (I believe) which will give them about 3/4 of the tech ability of a human (which is nothing to scoff at, and when added to their HP for the megid attack they can be friggin' nuts). Their real weakness is their terrible ATA, which is still somewhat offset by buffs (zodial/megistar) and debuffs.

Witchblade56
Dec 8, 2006, 05:22 PM
Fleur-de-Lis very cool name.

Honestly Ive chatted in forums for MMOs about crunching numbers and maximizing the dmg a given person can do. Having the best equipment isnt everything, being the absolute best at what you do isnt race restrictive. And remember all the wands have a set amount of pp alocated to each rank type regardless of the players race.

Now whether or not you can make the most out of each casting i.e. having the best numbers when healing your team mates etc is how the outcome is affected.

Screw it, just look at your party mates. If they are alive and well because youre doing your part to keep it going that's all that matters.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 8, 2006, 07:04 PM

Correct answer: lolguyspeakingwithnoexperience. Get real.

The TP of beast is FINE. Stop lookin at BASE STATS. Here. Oh look, and it was you that said this mileading junk before. look! Oh my.

#16 Posted: 2006-12-07 21:28
Quote:

On 2006-12-07 20:44, Ronzeru wrote:

Prolly cause humans are very well balanced, and Beasts are very shitty when it comes to magic.

With a grinded Tenora wand, there's very little difference.

Compare:

Human female: Base TP at level 50, Wartecher 1= 374.
Beast female: Base TP at level 50, Wartecher 1= 224.

Best B rank wand (grindable, A rank is NOT GRINDABLE YET) equipabble by both = Waga Crossa

At plus 6 (highest grind it will go to with "very high" chance) TP= 493. At plus 10, TP=576.

TP of human female with +6 Waga Crossa = 867.
TP of beast female with +6 Waga Crossa = 717.

TP of human female with +10 Waga Crossa = 950.
TP of beast female with +10 Waga Crossa = 800.

Add on units and the gap is closed furthur. It's REALLY QUITE NEGLIGIBLE.

The gap widens towards level 10, but beasts still get extra bonuses with megistar, their ability to nano and a gain with buffs while soloing that puts them at ATP very close to a BEAST FORTEFIGHTER.

Oh, and I'm not the only beast wartecher on JP. There's lots of them. Usually female. Most people worked out that their TP gave them a good wand early on. Right now B wands>>>>>>>>>>A wands because they grind high, and outperform them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-08 16:07 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Dec 8, 2006, 07:06 PM
I'm going CAST ForteGunner, Beast Wartecher, and Newman FiGunner. I'll play the classes and races I want, regardless of whether or not it's 'twink-out'-able.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 8, 2006, 07:10 PM
Beast Wartecher is so "twinkoutable" it ain't even funny.

Requires work.

Requires grinded wands.

Requires Te-senba armour, and TP and ATA boosting units, if you can.

If you have the above, it WILL outperform Fortefighter for solo work, it will outperform newman and cast wartechers for party work, and it will be IMO on equal terms with human usefulness wise.

VelosofLight
Dec 8, 2006, 07:12 PM
On 2006-12-08 16:10, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Beast Wartecher is so "twinkoutable" it ain't even funny.

Requires work.

Requires grinded wands.

Requires Te-senba armour, and TP and ATA boosting units, if you can.

If you have the above, it WILL outperform Fortefighter for solo work, it will outperform newman and cast wartechers for party work, and it will be IMO on equal terms with human usefulness wise.

Hm. So it's just expensive. This'll be fun.

Ronzeru
Dec 8, 2006, 08:31 PM
On 2006-12-08 13:59, Phalynx wrote:

On 2006-12-08 13:53, Spellbinder wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

lol what are you smilin' at. You're the one that used the negative profanity of STFU.

Ronzeru
Dec 8, 2006, 08:38 PM
On 2006-12-08 16:04, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Correct answer: lolguyspeakingwithnoexperience. Get real.

The TP of beast is FINE. Stop lookin at BASE STATS. Here. Oh look, and it was you that said this mileading junk before. look! Oh my.

#16 Posted: 2006-12-07 21:28
Quote:

On 2006-12-07 20:44, Ronzeru wrote:

Prolly cause humans are very well balanced, and Beasts are very shitty when it comes to magic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-08 16:07 ]</font>

lolotherguyspeakinwithnonexperience. Non of us unelss you've played the japanese version, or extra mode, has had experience. And it's kinda a moot point to say stop talking about the beast stats in one breath, and then start spewin' stats yourself you know. Just tellin' it how it is. Sorry if i'm coming off as an ass, but if someone wants a sugar coated comment, then don't post on a forum obviously. If someone wants a true honest hearted one, then thats where you go.

I never said the player couldn't have fun with the job. But this player is asking if this job was a horrible choice or not, being that it were a beast.

The answer is yes, it IS the worst choice for that job IMO out of humans, Casts, and Newmens, especially because of their ATA. You NEED ATA when doing S rank missions, unless you are a player that plans on completely avoiding them.

But if you don't believe me, then please, someone enlighten me. What is the worst choice race to be played as a Wartech stats wise? (And if the thread owner thought that no race would be bad for any choice of job, then this wouldn't of been posted to begin with.)

-Shimarisu-
Dec 8, 2006, 10:44 PM
On 2006-12-08 17:38, Ronzeru wrote:

lolotherguyspeakinwithnonexperience. Non of us unelss you've played the japanese version, or extra mode, has had experience.

I have played the Japanese version, and I have a beast wartecher on it, so fuck off.

BASE TP is a moot point. People see HALF THE BASE TP of newman and think that means half the damage.

With grinded wands, it means 6/7s the damage, that's with BOTH PLAYERS USING THE SAME WAND, so kindly stop telling people beasts suck at wartecher and get the fuck out of a therad you have NO valid experience to offer in.

SoiFong
Dec 8, 2006, 11:16 PM
::sees eveyone arguing and name calling.. wants to get involved too::

HA! I GOT IT! ULTIMATE NAME CALL:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/SatoriBlue/Bleach014SoiWellYoureUgly.jpg

I win! I win! I win! I win!

Anyway Beast Wartecher is fine.. you just dont get the bonuses the Humans (like myself) and Newmans get.

Gazette
Dec 8, 2006, 11:34 PM
On 2006-12-08 19:44, -Shimarisu- wrote:

With grinded wands, it means 6/7s the damage, that's with BOTH PLAYERS USING THE SAME WAND, so kindly stop telling people beasts suck at wartecher and get the fuck out of a therad you have NO valid experience to offer in.

I'm not saying anything against Beast wartchers...
But I'm curious as to how an overgrinded weapon closes the gap in TAP power if BOTH people are using the same weapon.

Now if they're using tenora+10 like you say, the beast will have enough TAP to dish out damage, no doubt...
But if another say, human, has the same tenora+10, then you really aren't closing anything since they're raising their TAP by the same margin...

It'd be like a beast having 80 TAP and a human having 100...
If they BOTH use something to raise it by 20, then yes, the beast has gained 100, but the human is still beating him by the same % as before...

I dunno... just wanted to throw that out there, nothing against the Beasts... cheers!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-12-08 20:36 ]</font>

Franz
Dec 8, 2006, 11:35 PM
I was thinking about buying a Te-senba off the NPC but does anyone have a guess how long a Te-senba will last in the long run , like the re-sell value?

95k is kinnda steep ...

Gazette
Dec 8, 2006, 11:40 PM
On 2006-12-08 20:35, Franz wrote:
I was thinking about buying a Te-senba off the NPC but does anyone have a guess how long a Te-senba will last in the long run , like the re-sell value?

95k is kinnda steep ...

Same thing I'm wondering...
Apparently there's a 7 star Youmei with the same slots, but higher defenses.

[nahurisenba] - DEF:140 EVA:135 MST:130 (Off JP wiki)
Te-senba - DEF:122 EVA:127 MST:106

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-12-08 20:41 ]</font>

Niki
Dec 8, 2006, 11:47 PM
Hey can we call the site http://www.shimarisu-world.com already? I mean, obviously if we aren't feeling the deepest reverence for even the slightest of her utterances then we are obviously so ignorant and misguided that we have no right even reading here.

Seriously.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 9, 2006, 01:16 AM
On 2006-12-08 20:34, Gazette wrote:

But I'm curious as to how an overgrinded weapon closes the gap in TAP power if BOTH people are using the same weapon.

Now if they're using tenora+10 like you say, the beast will have enough TAP to dish out damage, no doubt...
But if another say, human, has the same tenora+10, then you really aren't closing anything since they're raising their TAP by the same margin...

It closes the gap because the lower amount of BASE TP is insignificant compared to the huge gain the wand gets.

So say, the newman does 750 damage with the wand on one enemy.

The human does 700, and the beast does 600. Not an amazing difference, but the difference the beast can gain in melee is greater. But they can STILL use techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-08 22:19 ]</font>

Pentence
Dec 9, 2006, 05:11 AM
On 2006-12-08 22:16, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-12-08 20:34, Gazette wrote:

It closes the gap because the lower amount of BASE TP is insignificant compared to the huge gain the wand gets.

So say, the newman does 750 damage with the wand on one enemy.

The human does 700, and the beast does 600. Not an amazing difference, but the difference the beast can gain in melee is greater. But they can STILL use techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-08 22:19 ]</font>

So essentially while haveing weaker tech they still outperform in the melee range.Which makes perfect sense IMO this is WHY one should be a beast wartecher.With high evp as a beast add evp of wartecher then also high atp of beast again add wartechers.Finaly low tp,ment etc. add wartecher then some units and decent wands.What you get is a nice healthy mix of not only very good close combat but also nice support techs and offense techs.These techs may not look spectacular damage wise but still deal enough and add to that staus effects followed by mad close combat DPS and its lights out.

These are the reasons i went beast wartecher.I agree that it might looked gimped but only if you look at the techs and not close combat.Look at the close combat and you see its not nearly as bad.

Maskim
Dec 9, 2006, 05:23 AM
I think a beast wartecher would be quite cool. I've still go 3 slots open, but it's one of the classes I'm considering for an alt. Might need an accuracy slot item though, but that's nothing. Not like ya need the ata to equip all those mad guns the wartecher gets, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ras
Dec 9, 2006, 08:33 AM
I stopped playing my newman and have been leveling up a (female) beast, but I can't decide what I want her to be. My biggest concern with wartecher is the ATA issue, especially considering that I get enough zeroes flying around as a hunter as it is. I've got a mega/knight (in a hardline), but there don't seem to be any good hit units out there. Hit S and the 150% TP one look like jokes, and it's not like we even have access to those yet. Of course, it really doesn't help that we don't have buffs yet, but it wouldn't hurt to get a head start on leveling wartecher up.

Using an 8 star twin dagger as a reference at level 70 / type level 10 for a female beast:
Wartecher: 152 + 264 = 416 ATA
Fortefighter: 195 + 264 = 459 ATA
Fighgunner: 228 + 264 = 492 ATA

Is that enough to matter in the long run?

Gamemako
Dec 9, 2006, 11:37 AM
Ugh.

Beasts with a good grinded wand will do 3/4s of the tech damage of a newman or so, or even closer relative to a human.

Gazette, a higher grinded weapon is a larger percentage of the total added to your attack. If you have 300 TP from a wand and a beast has 200 base and a newman has 450, the totals are 500 and 750, giving a beast 2/3 of the TP of a newman. Bring that wand bonus to 500 and the numbers are 700 and 900, giving beasts 7/9 of a newman's TP (verus 6/9 before). It's a matter of simple calculus, if you really wanted to get down to it.

Pentence, beasts have very low base EVP (better only than CASTs). That's one of their weaknesses.

Ras, get a hit unit for the arm slot or get used to hitting from behind. Beast wartechers really have a hard time at first because of their accuracy (starts at 60% and ends at 80% -- my newman wartecher sucks at hitting, for Christ's sake!). Remember to attack from the back so you don't miss.

God, now I'm defending a beast character. Damn you people. Damn you for saying stupid things which I am morally obligated to refute!

Pentence
Dec 10, 2006, 07:00 AM
On 2006-12-09 08:37, Gamemako wrote:
Pentence, beasts have very low base EVP (better only than CASTs). That's one of their weaknesses.

My bad on the evp, i have only played cast n beast(hence my mistake) thus far i plan to play the others but not just yet.Thanks for coreccting my also.

Alisha
Dec 10, 2006, 07:14 AM
no matter how low your tp is you will do more damage to certain monsters with techs than with attacks. you just gotta know your shit. for example:using techs on goemons is dumbassery,just like using physical strikes on tengoghs is dumbassery.

Maridia
Dec 10, 2006, 07:40 AM
I have a beast wartecher D: Granted, that's because my main is a beast and I just happened to go that way. I can see I have a lot of work to do to optimize her equipment and stuff, but for now, I'm just messing around playing. I'll worry about all that when I knuckle down and get serious after christmas and rappy hunts are done. :3

And guys, why are you so mean to Shimarisu? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Granted, maybe their posts could be a little less provokey but I still see no reason for everyone to gang up all the time. Chill out, guys. We're all here to support eachother.