PDA

View Full Version : What must I do to appease you, oh mighty Luck God?

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 04:51 PM
I started a Falchion synthesis before I left for school, with some MEgi-photons. I had a 67% chance, so I figured I might as well. I got home and it failed.

So, I started another one. Same photons, same chance of success, and I've just found out it too has failed. Now, same may call this bad luck, but I'm used to it. Never been a lucky person, myself. I also failed my Axe synthesis, which was going to be Light.

BUT! I've been having a shitty day today all round. My fingers swelled up to the size of watermellons after my Gym class (they got cold. Dunno why they swell up, but they do), AND I've lost my cell phone, so once my Mom finds out I'm good as dead.

Maybe I should only ever leave my house with Luck 3?

EDIT: I also had to do the Story mission 3 times, because the flowers kept glitching up and not working with my Goggles.

Also, because of the swelling, I'm starting to loose the feeling in the tips of my fingers, so disregard any typos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-12-08 13:54 ]</font>

Bast
Dec 8, 2006, 04:55 PM
When it rains, it pours.

Sorry about the failed synths. I remember when I tried to synth my Gigaline with my 100 armor PM. 56% chance and I failed twice before getting it after the third synth.

ZodiacNKnight
Dec 8, 2006, 05:18 PM
I broke a +5 repeater just because I used the wrong damn grinder...
Had a B+7 but I accidentally used a B+1.

=(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2006-12-08 14:18 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 05:36 PM
Well, I'm off to the hospital. My fingers are turning purple.

At least I don't know how much they're actually hurting though >_>

Sychosis
Dec 8, 2006, 05:42 PM
Hope it's nothing serious.

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 8, 2006, 06:02 PM
i too tried to make synth a double saber and both tries failed. I have 1 try left. Believe me its a downer realizing you spent over 100k on nothing and i totally understand you.

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 06:05 PM
Well, what a wasted trip that was.

The doctor who saw me said he had no clue why my fingers swell up in the cold, and only suggested I might have arthritis in my fingers. He sent me home with anti-inflamatory medication (IE Advil) and told me to consult my Family Doctor.

So now I've got purple fingers that I can't feel, a 3rd attempt a a Falchion going, and a missing Cell Phone. Not to forget my knee is giving out on me again. I fell down the stairs outside the Hospital. >_<

Definately one of my worse days. Least I saw a bunch of Saint Rappies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Swollen purple fingers. And my Family Doctor isn't open on Weekends.

The Advil better work >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-12-08 15:07 ]</font>

etlitch
Dec 8, 2006, 06:28 PM
3 failed assinozashi + 1broken 22% dark assinozashi + 1 failed gigaline + 1 failed assinosenba + 1 broken 50% dark assinozashi

I don't feel the RO upgrade failure streak feeling yet. This must mean something.

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 06:33 PM
Woot! Falchion Finally worked!

But alas, tis only 10% Dark >_<

HC82
Dec 8, 2006, 06:34 PM
My stuff broke too. The snyth percents are a crock I tell you. ALL LIES!!!!

Maxurion
Dec 8, 2006, 06:42 PM
Swollen purple fingers from the cold? Hmm, sounds like frostbite to me, but meh...

Bad luck sucks.

Mystil
Dec 8, 2006, 06:45 PM
On 2006-12-08 15:28, etlitch wrote:
3 failed assinozashi + 1broken 22% dark assinozashi + 1 failed gigaline + 1 failed assinosenba + 1 broken 50% dark assinozashi

I don't feel the RO upgrade failure streak feeling yet. This must mean something.

omfg I don't think I'd be sane after a huge loss like that.

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 06:46 PM
That was the first thing I asked the doctor, but he said it wasn't frost bite O_o

Maxurion
Dec 8, 2006, 06:49 PM
Better hope the swelling goes down then, if it gets bad enough they might have to amputate a few fingers. Which means no PSU.

That would really suck. Hope you get well soon! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 06:54 PM
The idiot actually told me to put ice on my fingers to help the swelling.

I almost hit 'em. I really did. The numbness is kinda going away a bit, which sucks because they hurt like no one's business >_<

VelosofLight
Dec 8, 2006, 06:59 PM
On 2006-12-08 13:51, Zeta wrote:

Maybe I should only ever leave my house with Luck 3?

But then you won't be home to get cool rare drops. The solution is simple and obvious: NEVER leave the house.

etlitch
Dec 8, 2006, 07:00 PM
There's no such thing as huge loss when compared to going from 1bill+ -> 15 mill on official RO servers from failed upgrades/lv4 weapons.

Seriously, just sleep or something. Usually goes away after 4-5 days.

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 07:04 PM
I like your way of thinking Velos.

Camdino
Dec 8, 2006, 07:24 PM
I envy the Canadian medical system if you can leave your house at 14:36 and be home at 15:05 with seeing a doctor and factoring in drive time.

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 07:28 PM
Well, I AM only 5 minutes away from my nearest Hospital http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Our healthcare rocks.

EDIT: The Doctor was walking to his next patient and saw my hands. He didn't even take me to a private room http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-12-08 16:32 ]</font>

Mouseklip
Dec 8, 2006, 08:02 PM
On 2006-12-08 13:55, Bast wrote:
When it rains, it pours.

Sorry about the failed synths. I remember when I tried to synth my Gigaline with my 100 armor PM. 56% chance and I failed twice before getting it after the third synth.

When it rain, buy an umbrella! Also the success rates are wierd and I think need to be revise also you are a hunter don't complain your mag is the easiest to get up and I hate you.

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 08:08 PM
I also have to synthesize my weapons multiple times to get a decent percentage. If a Ranger/Force weapons works, they're good to go.

Rhylsh
Dec 8, 2006, 08:09 PM
i get the feeling that doc isn't native to "OMFG it's cold out", or as we call it, canada. My frostbite was eerily similiar...

probably too late for luke-warm water by now.

edit: old wive's remedy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rhylsh on 2006-12-08 17:13 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 08:14 PM
It wasn't even from being outside though O_o We were doing Curling in Gym Class in my school's indoor arena. After we were done we went back in and I took off my gloves to find a balloon between each of my knuckles (and a smaller on ON each knuckle).

Strange bit is it never got this bad the other 3 times we've been in the arena this week.

EDIT: That's what I did before I showed my teacher. I think it was too late when I got back into the school.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-12-08 17:16 ]</font>