PDA

View Full Version : Nitpick time: Character Creation.

XCOPY
Dec 8, 2006, 06:59 PM
Well, for me this is actually quite an annoyance, and not just a small "nitpick"...but I figure I'm in the minority on how important it is, so---"nitpick" it is....

No love for bald characters, Sega? There's no option for a bald character....and it was the same deal with PSO....no baldies. The closest you could get was that dumbass mohawk or spikey/whatever "style" for HUmars....that was sinfully ugly.(the only person to ever make a mohawk look cool is Mr. T, imo. If you're not Mr. T, it just comes out looking retarded) What if I wanted to bring Panthro from the Thundercats into the Phantasy Star Universe? Or...the Brainiac/Luthor hybrid godlike creature from JLU?

Just generally speaking, the level of visual customization is terribly limited...and it's not the fault of PSU being primarily a Ps2 game.(CAW feature in WWF Warzone on psx destroys the character customization here.) Most probably agree that the clothes mostly suck, as well....good thing some of the new outfits for online mode look at least "ok". Also, couldn't we have had full color-control over skin as well as hair and eyes? What if I want to make a person with purely white skin, like the Joker, or Lobo, Android 19, etc. etc.? Only the CAST can have an abnormal skin tone, and that's what...blue and purple? Please. Some freedom there. Two color options outside the somewhat normal range of human skin tone.

I can't be the only person frustrated and annoyed with such limitations. This doesn't completely kill my fun with the game, but it's just so frustrating, when I think of how the game *could've* been.

Just throwin' it out there....discuss.

Ifrian
Dec 8, 2006, 07:03 PM
Yes, i also find missing some customization options..

For example, the long hair humars had....

I do not see why if i want my character to have long hair, i have to get that one with the naked forehead..... i want my long hair back >,<

Also most clothes dont appeal me at all... indeed.

But i guess maybe with time more stuff will be released.

also sucks SO MUCH that acessories allready has its predetermined hair kind, you cant choose the acessory on any hair you want.....

Maskim
Dec 8, 2006, 07:10 PM
On 2006-12-08 15:59, XCOPY wrote:
What if I want to make a person with purely white skin, like the Joker, or Lobo, Android 19, etc. etc.?

Late 80's/90's, cool Lobo, or new gay pirate Lobo? This is important..cause if it's gay pirate Lobo, I'm gonna hafta disagree with your whole argument. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Agne
Dec 8, 2006, 07:21 PM
on clothes... i agree. however MOST hairstyles share the same accessories.
and as far as color goes.... everyone knows there's no such thing as green aliens.. lol

AzureBlaze
Dec 8, 2006, 09:22 PM
No Balds?
Blame that KKK. Back on PSO there was a thing about these "Skin Heads" who said that hitler wanted some bald master race or something, and they all went around as bald as they could (the mowhawk you hate) proclaiming how nazis are cool and making swastica symbol chats. The Frace ones though, forgot that one of hitlers' policies was "Kill all of France", and somehow dumbed on over to 'his' side with this Skin Heads or KKK thing. Of course the USA had this scourge too, but for some reason there were tons from France.
*That is suspected why the 'mowhawk' now has no shaved area. It cures ANYone of being a skin-head.

As for skin colors YES absolutely. On PSO you could go unnaturally white corpse pale with humans/newman, which was totally great if you wanted that look. It made some of the 'makeup faces' stand out and look really awesome. I agree that they should keep humans/newman/beast 'in range' with skin colors (not blue guys etc) but at least work in the corpse-pale or super-dark tones that don't occur in nature.

If you're going to do random hair color/eye color that does not occur on earth, at least toss androids a bone here with their flesh plastic. There are even NPC androids who are greener than you can pick to be, which is a tad frusterating.

As for the over-all style, it REALLY looks like they were attempting to go "Very Natural" with PSU as opposed to PSO.
No outrageous outfits like platforms and FOnewm skirts, or even HU/RAmar
All the hairs are very toned down, no SSJ, etc
No super heroic body types, everyone is very 'average'
And so far, no really outrageous weapons, except for SUV's.

BooChan
Dec 8, 2006, 09:35 PM
The whole selling point for me was the customization options. Which I give a B - overall. Its good but not good enough but its better than most MMO's. Clothing options are ok. I'm spoiled by Tiger Woods golf character creation options which is the best in all videogames in terms of options other than the wrestling games.

mananas
Dec 8, 2006, 09:47 PM
Bald or shaved head females please PLEASE I'm serious.

Sydz
Dec 8, 2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, it does seem a little limited, but i used to play City of Villians, and that severly spoils you on the subject.

Ryoki
Dec 8, 2006, 09:52 PM
On 2006-12-08 16:03, Ifrian wrote:
Yes, i also find missing some customization options..

For example, the long hair humars had....

I do not see why if i want my character to have long hair, i have to get that one with the naked forehead..... i want my long hair back >,<

Also most clothes dont appeal me at all... indeed.

But i guess maybe with time more stuff will be released.

also sucks SO MUCH that acessories allready has its predetermined hair kind, you cant choose the acessory on any hair you want.....

I totally freakin agree

________
Herbal Vaporizers (http://vaporshop.com)