PDA

View Full Version : Little Disappointed with the Dbl Saber

Prototype_X
Dec 8, 2006, 07:18 PM
Its a pretty good weapon dont get me wrong. I like that it hits guy all around me. However the range makes me sad, but what really gets me is the lack of movement in the last combo hit. I hate that my character doesn't move foward. So far I prefer the PSO DoubleSaber to the PSU DoubleSaber, but who know my mind may change with more use. Anyone else want to add their 2 cents?

Variance
Dec 8, 2006, 07:22 PM
For some reason, I didn't like the Double Saber much in offline mode, save for spamming Tornado Dance on certain enemies. However, I decided to give it another shot on my fighgunner and I love it.

VelosofLight
Dec 8, 2006, 07:25 PM
Yes, Harmonia, you were enjoying yourself quite alot, if I recall correctly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh, and here's that photo.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Flane/BeastSisters.jpg

Variance
Dec 8, 2006, 07:30 PM
Haha, you captured me in an interesting position, didn't you?

Agne
Dec 8, 2006, 07:32 PM
why is it that all beasts have hair lips.... mwahahahaha

VelosofLight
Dec 8, 2006, 07:35 PM
On 2006-12-08 16:32, Agne wrote:
why is it that all beasts have hair lips.... mwahahahaha

Momo doesn't. Her lips are pretty. ; ;

Variance
Dec 8, 2006, 07:35 PM
Hair lips?

Agne
Dec 8, 2006, 07:43 PM
you know the split in the upper lip usually extending to about the nose..... o well it makes me laugh....

Kanore
Dec 8, 2006, 07:46 PM
That 'split' makes it look like they're making a :3 face.

VelosofLight
Dec 8, 2006, 07:48 PM
Ah, and Kanore too. Guess the gang's all here.

Variance
Dec 8, 2006, 07:50 PM
Haha, we totally hijacked this topic.

VelosofLight
Dec 8, 2006, 07:57 PM
Um... ummm.... ummm...

z0mfg I <3 dblsbrz, dey r liek mah bishiez! hehehehe darth mawl ftw! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_turnip.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_turnip.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_turnip.gif

Is it back on-topic yet?

etlitch
Dec 8, 2006, 07:58 PM
:3 :3 :3 :3 :3 >:3 JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET INTO THE CAR!!!

Mouseklip
Dec 8, 2006, 07:59 PM
The Double Saber ownes if you have the PA for it and are willing to use it a lot.

Ichy
Dec 8, 2006, 08:24 PM
Tornado Dance tears the shit out of everything in front of it, for sure, but if you want to spam it alot be sure to bring an arseload of those things. The cost is high and the regen is pretty low. I used Double Sabers until the second last chapter in Story Mode, then switched to Twin Sabers for more PP efficiency. Network Mode, now there's something different. With an entire team of people actually doing their jobs, unlike dumbass NPCs, you can get alot more out of your PP.

My big gripe with the Double Saber is this: You can beat the snot out of something fine, and if something else gets too close it'll take a few dings, too, BUT when that combo is done you're a sitting duck. The wait time is more than long enough to get hit by half the stuff around you, and if you're a Figunner (pretty much must be if you're using the damn thing) that's probably alot of mobs, hence wanting lots and lots of PP to get you out of that crap. Remember: Shitty ass regen, carry spares.

On annother note: Try Daggers! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ichy on 2006-12-08 17:29 ]</font>

BooChan
Dec 8, 2006, 08:26 PM
I agree.^_^

Garnet_Moon
Dec 8, 2006, 09:03 PM
Double Sabers rule. I can't for the life of me understand why I was the only Figunner using two, let alone one. Hmm...

SonicTMP
Dec 8, 2006, 09:37 PM
must get PA level higher! seriously almost 360 degree ability to hit is crazy nice. Even the PA will hit stuff jumping up behind you. As for the close range, its just like PSO was. it's not meant to extend away from you, its meant to turn you into a human (or beast/cast/newman) buzzsaw of death!

Garnet_Moon
Dec 8, 2006, 09:39 PM
I like not having to lock on or aim to hit something. I just run into a crowd, nail the 6hit combo then throw out the first tier of Spiral Dance. After that i've tagged everything and then I can concentrate on killing them off individually with everybody else.

And my god this PA levels so quickly because you hit everything around you. A couple hours with it and it's almost at tier 3. lol

Prototype_X
Dec 8, 2006, 09:44 PM
yeah I know what you're saying. I just liked in PSO how the last combo attack propelled you foward, thats the only thing I miss.

-Crokar-
Dec 8, 2006, 10:24 PM
i sold alot of stuff to get my double saber. now im broke. well im going to be saving to get dual claws to finish my pallete

VanHalen
Dec 9, 2006, 12:28 AM
On 2006-12-08 17:24, Ichy wrote:
Tornado Dance tears the shit out of everything in front of it, for sure, but if you want to spam it alot be sure to bring an arseload of those things. The cost is high and the regen is pretty low. I used Double Sabers until the second last chapter in Story Mode, then switched to Twin Sabers for more PP efficiency. Network Mode, now there's something different. With an entire team of people actually doing their jobs, unlike dumbass NPCs, you can get alot more out of your PP.

My big gripe with the Double Saber is this: You can beat the snot out of something fine, and if something else gets too close it'll take a few dings, too, BUT when that combo is done you're a sitting duck. The wait time is more than long enough to get hit by half the stuff around you, and if you're a Figunner (pretty much must be if you're using the damn thing) that's probably alot of mobs, hence wanting lots and lots of PP to get you out of that crap. Remember: Shitty ass regen, carry spares.

On annother note: Try Daggers! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ichy on 2006-12-08 17:29 ]</font>

funny thing about that i used tornado dance offline and got hit with one of those big endrum robots missles and got sent into a wall while spinning

Alisha
Dec 9, 2006, 12:33 AM
spiral dance own owns. if you know how to use it you can control the front lines and prevent fellow hunters from getting hit much. spiral dance is about mob control moreso than damage. plus it stuns big enemies because the first hit trips enemies. spiral dance also owns goushins.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 9, 2006, 12:36 AM
Spiral Dance kicks Kamatoze around the room. I find it a little odd that a tiny Newman F can throw Kamatoze around the room, but hey it works. Stupid Gibarta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-08 21:36 ]</font>

xFuZioN
Dec 9, 2006, 12:43 AM
Tornado Dance FTMFW!

Dre_o
Dec 9, 2006, 12:44 AM
I love the Double Saber. Huge range of attack, multiple target hits. I just switch to my massive array of Twin Sabers when the going gets REAL ruff (as in BAMF enemies that need to be airborne)

KiteWolfwood
Dec 9, 2006, 01:35 AM
I am really wishing I would have farmed more before the update. At 80k right now but I am not sure if I want to risk all my meseta trying to get an elemental Double saber or just play it safe an go Green.

Arieta
Dec 9, 2006, 06:03 AM
Not sure how you can be disapointed with this weapon. It's pretty powerful and I've yet to find out it's target limit. So far I'm maxxed out at hitting 6 targets at once with a normal combo attack (that's per swing), only maxxed there because it's pretty hard to find a area with more then 6 mobs that are willing to bunch up.

Kyuri
Dec 9, 2006, 12:23 PM
Tornado Dance is a mob control PA and also a BIG enemy killer, it is able to do 4 strong hits on big enemies (vil de bear, bosses,etc..) and on small enemies like Vandas it will just send them flyng but will knok them down with 1 hit.

Wheatpenny
Dec 9, 2006, 12:32 PM
On 2006-12-08 22:35, KiteWolfwood wrote:
I am really wishing I would have farmed more before the update. At 80k right now but I am not sure if I want to risk all my meseta trying to get an elemental Double saber or just play it safe an go Green.

Just go green.I did and I have no complaints it works just fine on EVERYTHING!

Arieta
Dec 9, 2006, 02:41 PM
Everyone needs to not think of Tornado dance though. We do *not* have that PA yet. Right now we have Spiral dance which is the PA that Lou uses. The next PA that DS's get will be Gravity Dance (think of Twin daggers PA).

A2K
Dec 9, 2006, 02:58 PM
On 2006-12-09 11:41, Arieta wrote:
Everyone needs to not think of Tornado dance though. We do *not* have that PA yet. Right now we have Spiral dance which is the PA that Lou uses. The next PA that DS's get will be Gravity Dance (think of Twin daggers PA).

I don't think we'll ever have Tornado Dance online, to be honest.

hucast21
Dec 9, 2006, 03:26 PM
On 2006-12-09 11:58, A2K wrote:

On 2006-12-09 11:41, Arieta wrote:

I don't think we'll ever have Tornado Dance online, to be honest.

Agreed, it's too powerful. Level 30 Tornado Dance will break the game.

Zorafim
Dec 9, 2006, 03:29 PM
It's supposed to be an ultimate PA, as heard from a topic in this forum. Every time you S rank an S rank mission, you get a PA fragment. With 99 of them, you can buy tornado dance.

I myself will stick to Dus Roberto, thank you very much.

Variance
Dec 9, 2006, 03:33 PM
It'll eventually be unlocked, but you'll need 99 PA fragments to get it.

Edit-Bah, beaten.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Variance on 2006-12-09 12:33 ]</font>

Zorafim
Dec 9, 2006, 03:49 PM
The male-controlled Nei face owns your post times!

Reiichi
Dec 10, 2006, 10:33 PM
So how many targets does the double saber hit? I know it hits at least 4, but aren't too sure about 5.

Cause_I_Own_U
Dec 10, 2006, 11:49 PM
Tornado Dance is the PA you will need to unlock by collecting the PA fragments, you get those by geting S on a S rank mission and you need like 99 or something heh

Good, so most people wont get it and annoy me in groups with it

VanHalen
Dec 10, 2006, 11:55 PM
thats great i will now collect the fragments and destroy them so no one will spam tornado dance and ruin this game

VelosofLight
Dec 11, 2006, 02:20 AM
Eh, it'll probably cost like a bajillion PP to use though, right?

Ronzeru
Dec 11, 2006, 02:57 AM
The Spiral Dance we have now friggin owns. I just got it to level 22 earlier today, and that PA does a lot of damage level 21+. It rapes things with multi targets, and also whips on large groups.

Prototype_X
Dec 11, 2006, 03:20 AM
why is tornado dance so good? I havn't played single player yet, but I heard the PA completly destroys and I don't know why.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 11, 2006, 03:22 AM
On 2006-12-10 20:49, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Tornado Dance is the PA you will need to unlock by collecting the PA fragments, you get those by geting S on a S rank mission and you need like 99 or something heh

Good, so most people wont get it and annoy me in groups with it

Considering I have like 20 PA Fragments? I'll be one of those guys who annoys ya with it. >:3

Alisha
Dec 11, 2006, 03:34 AM
tornado dance owns your pp even offline so online it will probally cost like 30 pp lol.

Polenicus
Dec 11, 2006, 09:23 AM
I made sure to save up for my Doublesaber before the update, and had just enough for it and the PA. Now, you have to remember in PSO I was all about the doublesabers. I had one of each, and I swapped them out as the mood struck me (I even had the poles and cudgels, though they didn't really do as much for me). A lot of people didn't like them, but I loved dancing around and slicing through groups of mobs.

I was seriously worried I wouldn't like PSU doublesabers, that they'd screw them up somehow. I was doing well with twin sabers, and I considered just leaving the doublesabers alone. But I bought one, I had to see.

PSU Doublesabers make PSO doublesabers look PATHETIC.

You literally create a field of destruction around you. When you start up anything that approaches you gets hit. The PA is nasty... first hit is a knockdown, second is a knockback... haven't gotten to the third part yet, but so far it's been a blast.

I'm hoping to synth a second one once my PM is higher level to facilitate PA spamming, though new armor and better twin handguns are next in my priority queue.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 11, 2006, 10:21 AM
Double Sabers are cool but I'm worried about how cliche they will become. I'm a Twin Sabers lover though so you guys don't have to worry about me getting Tornado Dance and scattering the monsters all over the place and making it hard for you guys to hit stuff.