PDA

View Full Version : Ranger: Grenade Launchers. WARNING Rngrs Rethink!

Mouseklip
Dec 8, 2006, 07:56 PM
Ok I just got finished crafting a 7* launcher and To my suprise it worked even thought it only had 56% on a lvl 87 rng'ed mag. My first gripe is why does the launcher have 56% on a lvl 87 RNG'ed mag when a crea sabre would have 80% on a lvl 80 ish mag?, IDK that why i'm asking you. Now onto the launcher itself, I was sooo exited about it and was so happy when it succeded (It's thanks to Steve Perry trust me)but once I paid 5k(<-WTF?) for its photon art, I finally got to field test it and wow did it look awsome but... well it is very disappointing. I like the fact that it will knock people back if they are in the blast radius, but the arc? This can be very hard to aim at times and makes it useless while solo'ing. Maybe if they had some kindof targeting system for it, it would be better IDK? Also when you are point blank at a enemy and fire it will still arc throught them instead of hitting them again making solo'ing impossible. Idk please put you imput if you agree or disagree but if you disagree have a valid point please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mouseklip on 2006-12-08 16:58 ]</font>

Eternal_Drake
Dec 8, 2006, 08:01 PM
The grenade launcher seems to fit into the ranger's role of being a support man perfectly from how it sounds, you shouldn't be griping about a lack of solo-ability with it since not just should rangers rarely bother with soloing, but you also have an arsenal of other weapons to resort to.

Mouseklip
Dec 8, 2006, 08:04 PM
On 2006-12-08 17:01, Eternal_Drake wrote:
The grenade launcher seems to fit into the ranger's role of being a support man perfectly from how it sounds, you shouldn't be griping about a lack of solo-ability with it since not just should rangers rarely bother with soloing, but you also have an arsenal of other weapons to resort to.

You say your a "future fortegunner" wait till you get one.

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 08:06 PM
So, in other words, you don't know how to aim it, so it sucks.

Maskim
Dec 8, 2006, 08:07 PM
It's how it's supposed to be. As Eternal said, it's a support weapon, for the support class. It's perfect for what it should be used for. Stay far away and blow things onto their freaking backs so the melee classes can cut a swath.

If you wanted a point blank weapon, even the most base of common sense will tell you the grenade launcher's probably the worst one to pick(barring the release of sub-atomic mini warheads as player usable equipment). Have you ever used a grenade on an opponent less than 5 feet away? No? ...There's a reason for that.

Eternal_Drake
Dec 8, 2006, 08:07 PM
On 2006-12-08 17:04, Mouseklip wrote:

I quit.

Mouseklip
Dec 8, 2006, 08:08 PM
"put you imput if you agree or disagree but if you disagree have a valid point please."

Mouseklip
Dec 8, 2006, 08:08 PM
On 2006-12-08 17:07, Eternal_Drake wrote:

On 2006-12-08 17:04, Mouseklip wrote:

I quit.

Then why are you here?

Eternal_Drake
Dec 8, 2006, 08:09 PM
On 2006-12-08 17:08, Mouseklip wrote:
"put you imput if you agree or disagree but if you disagree have a valid point please."

Uh I had a perfectly valid point, and you completely disregarded it because you can't aim the launcher/are using it in the wrong situation.

Randomness
Dec 8, 2006, 08:11 PM
On 2006-12-08 16:56, Mouseklip wrote:
Ok I just got finished crafting a 7* launcher and To my suprise it worked even thought it only had 56% on a lvl 87 rng'ed mag. My first gripe is why does the launcher have 56% on a lvl 87 RNG'ed mag when a crea sabre would have 80% on a lvl 80 ish mag?,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mouseklip on 2006-12-08 16:58 ]</font>

Because Creas get a bonus to success rate.

_Deliverance_
Dec 8, 2006, 08:27 PM
On 2006-12-08 16:56, Mouseklip wrote:
hai guyz. dont use teh grenade launcher, it's too hard to aim.

Grow some skills bud.

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 08:31 PM
Allow me to reiterate;

On 2006-12-08 16:56 Mouseklip wrote:

I can't aim it properly so it has to suck.

ChyronType0
Dec 8, 2006, 08:32 PM
I currently have fire on my launcher at lvl 2 and I love it. The hunters never get hit because of the knockback, and I never pointblank (whats the point? that what the shottie is for), it goes over their head anyway. The aiming sucks at first, but it takes PATIENCE and PRACTICE to use well.

Ether
Dec 8, 2006, 08:37 PM
Grenade launchers do suck. The last thing I want as a force, is a ranger thinking its a good idea to scatter the group of little enemies I'm aoe-ing with EVERY SINGLE SHOT

BloodDragoon
Dec 8, 2006, 08:38 PM
Apparently the expert ranger classes dont like shooting things point blank with explosive ammunition like most FPS players do in deathmatches... >.> Which is unfortunate because you have to be some measure of suicidal to get optimal damage output from these type of weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif My frag counts on FPS games proves this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Haven't had a chance to get online today. Been at work. If lasercannons were included in the update you should give those a try if you're looking for high damage with direct fire.

ChyronType0
Dec 8, 2006, 08:43 PM
My force friends say I keep them alive better with it...But to each his own. Its doesn't suck just because you don't lke others using it.

BooChan
Dec 8, 2006, 08:46 PM
I figured the grenade launchers would be just like how the topic creator described.

Genobee
Dec 8, 2006, 08:48 PM
lol people fail so hard, Do you also think daggers suck because they can't hit flying enemies? Wow god forbid you figure how to use a weapon before bashing it.

Remedy
Dec 8, 2006, 08:48 PM
From what I heard, they're basically Ra- technics for Rangers.

If this is the case, using one on my Ranger alt will be a snap. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Randomness
Dec 8, 2006, 08:49 PM
Ok... I just saw Deljabans get completely locked down by a Launcher. So awesome, wasnt until very end that a megid got off to kill someone.

BooChan
Dec 8, 2006, 09:06 PM
On 2006-12-08 17:48, Genobee wrote:
lol people fail so hard, Do you also think daggers suck because they can't hit flying enemies? Wow god forbid you figure how to use a weapon before bashing it.

To each their own I say. I feel all the weapons are good in some ways and suck in others. It depends on the players play style. What it comes down to is ease of use,damage out put, quality of photon art, and weapon ability that makes certain weapons better than others. No matter how good a player uses them thats what it comes down to. Especially with S rank missions overall damage out put and speed of the weapon will take precedence. Unless you have a really good party who each knows their role than it wouldn't really matter your weapon type.

Diablohead
Dec 8, 2006, 09:11 PM
One word: Support.

BooChan
Dec 8, 2006, 09:15 PM
Support is good with a party that needs it. Support is annoying for a party that prides itself on speed runs where its all about wiping out a area as quickly as possible. If your support weapon can put out decent damage while supporting than great ^_^.

Kuya
Dec 8, 2006, 09:45 PM
lol - Put freeze and when it activates it'll lock them in place. I think grenades are just more for fun (for my Newman ranger at least).

Ronzeru
Dec 8, 2006, 09:56 PM
On 2006-12-08 17:31, Zeta wrote:
Allow me to reiterate;

On 2006-12-08 16:56 Mouseklip wrote:

I can't aim it properly so it has to suck.

Realmz
Dec 8, 2006, 09:59 PM
On 2006-12-08 18:45, Kuya wrote:
lol - Put freeze and when it activates it'll lock them in place. I think grenades are just more for fun (for my Newman ranger at least).

my plan exactly.

when i get my launcher i'll be spending some time in LL C just getting used to the arc.

pratice with new stuff people!

heheh enw

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2006-12-08 19:01 ]</font>