PDA

View Full Version : Twin Harrisen Fans

demekanized
Dec 8, 2006, 09:22 PM
Ok.. I found a little more info on the fans and the item to synth them with. The item database says they are just fans with not much attack power. But since they are kubara, shouldn't they grind well?

And although the neta note item is just 3 star it seems hard to get. I think it comes from the vol brothers though but all I can get from them are the dogma drops and I got another board for the fans.

It's a lot fo trouble for something that may not be worth it, or is just running around beatin' DeRagan around with a pair of fans worth it?

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/659/harisen_battle_fan/

Dragonkat
Dec 8, 2006, 10:26 PM
After about an hour of farming the vols for two neta notes and 45 minutes of praying, the fans were so totally worth it for the WTF?!? Fanzors! moment I got out of my friends. =p

That and if you already have good saber PA's you're even better off, as they do a respectable amount of damage.

B rank moatoob maps my Char lvl 44, lvl 1 female newman Figunner was doing 75-80 a whack with them. (12% ice on Vandas) Which is pretty much right on par with other weapons i'm packing, aside from my 5* tenora dualies, those have a bit more output. Obviously more manly and fighter types can expect a bit better damage, if they want to use giant girly fans...of DOOM!

But for a kooky kubara toy and a fun visual + sound effect by all means give em a whirl.

Damnit now I want to make a dynasty warriors character just to give them to her! ^_^ Cause nothing says power like conquering all of china with a fan.

demekanized
Dec 8, 2006, 10:28 PM
Thats cool, my main char is a force though, maybe for an alt or to sell?
thx a lot

___
Cool, been messing with the vols awhile, just got my first neta note....ugh one more to go.

These story missions are a pain to redue, having to sit through the chat scenes, luckily i can cancel right after the vols if I am fast enough, otherwise more talking...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: demekanized on 2006-12-08 19:32 ]</font>

AlMcFly
Dec 8, 2006, 10:30 PM
Lol, 75-80 pts a whack isn't anything at all to cheer about. My human does 120-150 a whack and he's just got a set of 5* Tenora twin sabers.

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 10:31 PM
The fan ALMOST reminds of the one Aang (from Avatar: The Last Airbender) uses in a fight with Zuko.

demekanized
Dec 8, 2006, 10:33 PM
I think these are only 3* though... so it makes sense to do less damage. But it should do well grinded, and they are big friggin' fans.

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2006, 10:35 PM
I want a Lightning one, just to blind people.

demekanized
Dec 8, 2006, 10:41 PM
Blah tired of fighting the vols for one day, my hunt for the Neta Note must continue later.... I just hope it synths successfully after all this time searching for the notes.

Dragonkat
Dec 8, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-12-08 19:30, McFlyVII wrote:
Lol, 75-80 pts a whack isn't anything at all to cheer about. My human does 120-150 a whack and he's just got a set of 5* Tenora twin sabers.

*Points to the female, newman, and figunner part of the post.*

*points the fact i said 5* tenora dualies were doing more*

*adds that it's a 3* weapon so yes higher grades will do more*

None of this however detracts from the fact fans look flipping awesome, only take one semi annoying rare drop to make with the rest being cheap mats, or that they do a respectable amount of damage for a semi rare 3* twin "saber" Ground up they'll compete with B class weapons in terms of output for a lot cheaper atm. If you want to risk it anyway.

I just wish I had gotten a better % then a lousy 12 on my synth more then anything.

Phoenix_Black
Dec 9, 2006, 12:19 AM
What's a neta note, exactly?

Remedy
Dec 9, 2006, 12:33 AM
Also, here's a note that everyone keeps forgetting:

The Harisen Fan weapons seem to be able to inflict Paralysis with their normal attacks. I synthed a single one for my Force today, and stuff that I was beating with it was getting Paralyzed. They're a decent little weapon, for sure.