PDA

View Full Version : Megid Killer

Gazette
Dec 8, 2006, 09:55 PM
Like most people, I'd assume Silence would cut megid off in the new S Linear Line...

Thing is, it seems that the megid is tied to the attack rather than an actual stand alone spell.

I'm not entirely certain, but it would seem that paralysis does the job as well since it cuts off the attack animation associated with the megid.

I was just in a party with a ranger who used lighting type guns and we observed that a paralyzed monster would just hop around without spamming megid (And we let it hop around for a while too, nothing was cast).

So I dunno, seems like it works... other's input appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-12-08 18:57 ]</font>

Zelendria_Ru
Dec 8, 2006, 09:58 PM
Yes, this is known since JP PSU. Megid from monsters in LL can be negated by shock only. (zonde line or lightning bullets)

Garnet_Moon
Dec 8, 2006, 10:00 PM
It was probably lag that a paralyzed Deljaban cast Megid after being paralyzed by Grom Buster today. Musta just been lag on my part...

Gazette
Dec 8, 2006, 10:01 PM
Nice to know, I wasn't aware of this...
Thanks for confirming.

Randomness
Dec 8, 2006, 10:03 PM
Huh, I thought silence was the way to go...

Meh.

Ronzeru
Dec 8, 2006, 10:08 PM
Protranser traps FTW.

Diablohead
Dec 8, 2006, 11:09 PM
Megid as an attack and not a spell? odd.

Deja
Dec 8, 2006, 11:11 PM
shock didn't stop the megid, and we quit before we tried silence (since Srank there blows).

ZodiacNKnight
Dec 8, 2006, 11:13 PM
It is classified as a natural monster technique.
Kind of like Fire Breath / Ice Breath that some monsters do.
Makes sense that a superior dark monster would naturally use megid.

Note: If you shock a monster during or when it initiated an attack it will still follow through. Same thing applies to players too. If you get shocked during your Photon Art you will still be able to finish your combo before the shock takes full effect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2006-12-08 20:17 ]</font>

drmcst45
Dec 9, 2006, 01:57 AM
hey what armor resistance is best against megid? is it light or dark? iv only seen light armor resistance...

-Shimarisu-
Dec 9, 2006, 02:43 AM
Plasma bullets from a mechgun really fuck them, they are like flinch-flinch-flinch-flinch-shocked. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AC9breaker
Dec 9, 2006, 03:12 AM
Some people say that it can still fire off Megid while paralyzed. I just wanted to clear up some confusion. yes, paralysis does stop their megid casting however, people need to understand that the computer literally cheatz. The AI knows exactly when the status effect will run out, therefore it can begin its attack animation so that the attack is actually unleashed the very second the effect wears off. So while it looks like the creature is still doing megid while paralyzed, its actually just giving you a big sign that Paralysis is going to wear off . Lightning works.

Remedy
Dec 9, 2006, 03:55 AM
On 2006-12-08 23:43, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Plasma bullets from a mechgun really fuck them, they are like flinch-flinch-flinch-flinch-shocked. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Right, but sadly, Mechgun shock, given that it's level 1, only lasts for four seconds. =/

-Shimarisu-
Dec 9, 2006, 04:00 AM
Meh shock doesn't work it turns out, but they can't even get a hit in if they keep flinching.

And Remedy, you want a fight over usefulness of yet another underated weap now?

deadvk
Dec 9, 2006, 03:54 PM
Anyone know which armor has the best dark resistance? I'm still using gi-senba :/

Randomness
Dec 9, 2006, 03:57 PM
On 2006-12-09 12:54, deadvk wrote:
Anyone know which armor has the best dark resistance? I'm still using gi-senba :/

The Tenora shop sells two armors with 17 and 22% dark, or you can just synth busterlines until you get a winner.

DarkSeph
Dec 9, 2006, 03:58 PM
Cure to Megid.....Buy that Armor with Dark Resistance from the Space Station Armor Shop. I was just checking that stuff out, high Dark Resistance for one of them, 90K, cant remember the name right now just check it out. OR!!! you could go to Neudaz and buy their Armor Boards (if you feel lucky) that let you substitute Elementals in when synthing, I think those are around 110K or 60K.....well good luck either way.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 04:37 PM
There is no cure to megid, if it does one damage you risk insta gib. Bringing 10 scape dolls to those S games is the only option. I cannot believe how many people joined my S game without scape dolls, way to screw over S rank for the other 5 people who used many scapes over the course of the runs.

Mystil
Dec 9, 2006, 05:02 PM
.....That's a lot of money being blown on scapes.....

Laranas
Dec 9, 2006, 05:07 PM
To be on the safe side I just froze them

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 05:07 PM
On 2006-12-09 14:02, Mystil wrote:
.....That's a lot of money being blown on scapes.....

Yep but this is rare heaven, with lvl 0 luck we got like 2-10 rares a run.
(not moon Xs either.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cav on 2006-12-09 14:08 ]</font>

Gigorman
Dec 9, 2006, 05:17 PM
No one should die with a full team and brains...

Wheatpenny
Dec 9, 2006, 05:19 PM
Lol here is what you do.Put your scapes in storage,EVERYONE carry moon atonimizers,kill the mobs get phat loot and EXP,and not even worry about clearing it for MP.You want mp go shake down Agata or De Ragon a frew times. If you go into FFF or USP S with the mentality that OMG we gettin' a S rank like other missions you are setting yourself up for failure.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 05:23 PM
On 2006-12-09 14:17, Gigorman wrote:

Unless everyone in your team is using ranged (which will make the run take at least 40 mins) EVERYONE will get hit by stray megids eventually.

As for the non S rank mentality, some of us want PA fragments.

If you want non S rank games, solo or make one with that as a comment, but don't join a game with people using scapes if you don't have any.

LeMan_Bayon
Dec 9, 2006, 05:31 PM
Out of curiosity, do all S rank missions have megid using enemies, or does this area only have it since the enemies are dark? If the others don't then would it even be worth it do this one for PA fragments? (I know this is the only s rank we have but I'm guessing someone knows since the jpn ver has more s rank missions)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeMan_Bayon on 2006-12-09 14:35 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Dec 9, 2006, 05:33 PM
On 2006-12-09 14:23, Cav wrote:

On 2006-12-09 14:17, Gigorman wrote:

If you want non S rank games, solo or make one with that as a comment, but don't join a game with people using scapes if you don't have any.Will save a lot of arguments and kickings.

You have some good points, I think you are right it should be etiquite to list in your pty comments on those S rank missions whether or not you are going for S rank or just for loot and EXP and not caring the letter grade result.

Gazette
Dec 9, 2006, 05:36 PM
On 2006-12-09 14:23, Cav wrote:

If you want non S rank games, solo or make one with that as a comment, but don't join a game with people using scapes if you don't have any.

Agreed, I've gone so far as to offer scapes to party members who had run out, yet I've had people lie to me on two occasions and die without scapes despite my offer.

There's nothing wrong with wanting S ranks on an S rank mission considering that's the only way to gain the top tier PA's.

I like to think of it as a challenge, much like Motoob Terror on A, the LL S ranks make the game fun.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 05:36 PM
On 2006-12-09 14:31, LeMan_Bayon wrote:
Out of curiosity, do all S rank missions have megid using enemies, or does this area only have it since the enemies are dark? If the others don't then would it even be worth it do this one for PA fragments?

Not all S ranks have megid but this is the only one out atm and you need alot of them if you plan to get more than 1 ultimate PA tech or bullet