PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Online Story

FenixStryk
Dec 9, 2006, 03:47 AM
Didn't see another thread related to this (the only one remotely similar is the one with the guy asking why his PSU is broken). So, now with the new US addition, what did you guys think of it?

I found it mildly amusing, but rather short. I can't imagine how confused someone would be if they didn't play offline first, and even with that, it leaves a lot of cliffhangers, the main one being:
Why did Ethan join the rogues and attempt to assassinate the president?

Things didn't quite add up, IMHO. It only gave me more questions.
Is Ethan really the bad guy, or does the president have some evil scheme?
Maybe the president is responsible for the SEED attacks or the attacks on the Divine Maiden?
Why does Ethan need the "Divine Maiden" to help him?
Why is Leo on "vacation"? Is he with Ethan?
I really just got left in the dark on this one.

Oh, and one last question/spoiler that doesn't spoil too much:
Why is Ethan invulnerable during the fight? I couldn't hit him once!
Do Forces have any luck with that?

So... yeah. What'd'ya guys think? I personally can't wait until they release the rest of it.

Remedy
Dec 9, 2006, 03:52 AM
Regarding the third one: I couldn't do anything, same as anyone else. My Digas, Gi- technics, everything was landing for 0. First time I've ever seen a spell register as 0, to be honest.

And trying to do that as a Fortecher is hair-raising. Came too close to dying on too many occasions.

Choja
Dec 9, 2006, 03:56 AM
Come on, Fenix, everyone needs a vacation sometime. Yes, including Leo. or it's just a conspiracy!

Say, have you used your goggles post-story yet?

EDIT: And also this spot: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Choja/psu20061123_060732_000.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-12-09 00:58 ]</font>

Remedy
Dec 9, 2006, 03:57 AM
Yeah, there's at least one use for them post-story - one of the trees in Mad Beasts can be broken to get at some boxes.

Alisha
Dec 9, 2006, 04:07 AM
i think when you beat story mode(offline) leo says something about going home to visit his family.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 9, 2006, 06:00 AM
All these post and no mention of how freaking hot Laia is? Beast women are the best!

Raikuro
Dec 9, 2006, 06:42 AM
They called the maiden Mirei at the end... I thought she died?

Solo_Wing
Dec 9, 2006, 06:57 AM
She did die, but Karen took her place with only a select few knowing her real identity, to everyone else she is mirei ( dont know how they don't notice the different eye colours between the two http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Nani-chan
Dec 9, 2006, 07:09 AM
My opinion is everyone should finish act 1 if they want another npc to choose from while soloing. However we can only call 2 npcs, but I think this npc is often better than my pm.

Sekani
Dec 9, 2006, 07:27 AM
So no one else noticed that Ethan was level 63? He hits like a little girl though....

Sydz
Dec 9, 2006, 08:12 AM
I figure ethan tried to kill the president and went rogue because of us. The President told him we were the heroes of the game now, and not him. So he snapped.

l_Will_l
Dec 9, 2006, 08:18 AM
haha thats a thought eh. i dunno but ive only gotten to chap.5 offline and had no clue what was goin on in the online story. it just makes me wanna play offline... but im too addicted to playing my own char. to play offline now lol :S

EJ
Dec 9, 2006, 08:27 AM
They made Ethan hit so weak because we can't hurt him and ST didn't want us to die from only two hits of that black sword of his.

Kanore
Dec 9, 2006, 09:43 AM
Ethan has what we call 'plot armor.' This is one of those occasions in RPGs where you get into an epic fight, but you're supposed to lose.

Zeph-
Dec 9, 2006, 09:53 AM
I hate those, sometimes i drag them out for like, half an hour, using countless expensive healing items, only to finally die and Haha. you were ment to loose -_-

Wheatpenny
Dec 9, 2006, 10:12 AM
My only gripe about online storu was no matter how fast I competed it i always got a C has this happend to anyone else?

Sinue_v2
Dec 9, 2006, 10:17 AM
Ethan has what we call 'plot armor.' This is one of those occasions in RPGs where you get into an epic fight, but you're supposed to lose.

Which I think is kinda BS. In PSII you were supposed to lose to the Army Eyes. They are, practically, invincible - but you can still damage them and put up a good fight. Same with Ramirez in Skies of Arcadia - the first few times you fight him you're going to get owned. Period. But you can still at least feign the fight. With Ethan, they don't even give you that option... and instead have the player BSing around looking for weakpoints and tacticts when there are none. Why even bother fight? Just take off your armor and let him kill you. = /

Why did Ethan join the rogues and attempt to assassinate the president?

Things didn't quite add up, IMHO. It only gave me more questions.
Is Ethan really the bad guy, or does the president have some evil scheme?
Maybe the president is responsible for the SEED attacks or the attacks on the Divine Maiden?
Why does Ethan need the "Divine Maiden" to help him?
Why is Leo on "vacation"? Is he with Ethan?
I really just got left in the dark on this one.

1. We don't know why he joined the Rouges. After Tyler's assistance in rescuing his friends though, Ethan learned that Tyler's band weren't just "Pirates", but were good hearted people who will fight for a cause. We'll have to learn more what that cause is.

2. I doubt Ethan is a villan. From his speach, and from the tone of the storyline thus far - there's more going on behind the scenes than what we realize. I would speculate that Megashi was never the Endrum Harness - and we've still yet to discover who that truely is. Chances are that there is someone in the government co-opting events, and Ethan is trying to find out who and what that is. After all - PSU is built on a lot of established plot devices from past PS games - a governmental conspiracy would just add reference to PSO. It may be the case where the president has been corrupted by outside forces, or that the president worked with Ethan to stage to assassination attempt to draw out the real perpetrators.

3. I doubt the president is responsible for the SeeD attacks - though he might have had prior knowladge of them. This would be a reference to the Prinicapal of Motavia acedemy knowing the cause of the Biomonster outbreak in Piata academy, but being unable to do anything about it directly because of Zio's threat against entering birth valley - preventing them from obtaining more samples of the specimin capsules.

4. The Devine Maiden is Karen. He probably needs her help, and vice versa, because there is a traitor among the faithful at the communion of gurhal. They will play a large role in the comming storyline I'm sure.

5. Leo most likely really is on vacation - but on the outside possiblity he's not, he's probably working as a double agent within the guardians - yet still helping Ethan find out the truth behind what's really going on.

Castelak
Dec 9, 2006, 12:12 PM
On 2006-12-09 07:12, Wheatpenny wrote:
My only gripe about online storu was no matter how fast I competed it i always got a C has this happend to anyone else?

I was able to get S rank on the first act (like 150meseta and 2 MP, crap), but the 2nd one (traps) I ran through almost perfectly and got C, so maybe its impossible for that one?

Dre_o
Dec 9, 2006, 12:18 PM
There is probably something special in the trap area that we're missing. Either that, or we must disarm the traps...

Solo_Wing
Dec 9, 2006, 02:42 PM
i got S rank in the first part too, and C rank in the traps, and i shot every damn one of em.

A2K
Dec 9, 2006, 02:55 PM
The only way you're getting an S on the second trial is to memorize it completely and AVOID all the traps entirely.

On 2006-12-09 06:43, Kanore wrote:

Technically you don't lose the fight, it ends in a stalemate. Although it was odd... I actually died during the fight when it first came out in Japan. They must have nerfed it or something...

Zorafim
Dec 9, 2006, 03:54 PM
Isn't Leo the beast's NPC? Wouldn't that mean that he's not on vacation?