PDA

View Full Version : Dear Protransers

ZiG
Dec 9, 2006, 05:22 AM
I wrote you a Haiku. I hope you enjoy it.

Ahem..:

"Will you please use traps?
You suck if you don't use them.
It is the whole point."

Enjoy.

Maskim
Dec 9, 2006, 05:27 AM
Your haiku has served as a muse to me to make my own, ZiG.

Maskim is laughing.
He is LAWLING, if you will.
That was quite funny.

Your prose is both aestheticlly pleasing, and quite to the point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maskim on 2006-12-09 02:27 ]</font>

ZiG
Dec 9, 2006, 05:47 AM
Seriously, they're like Fighgunners, but someone forgot to get some "awesome" while they were at the store, so they substituted "gimp" in the recipe.

DoubleJG
Dec 9, 2006, 05:49 AM
On 2006-12-09 02:47, ZiG wrote:
Seriously, they're like Fighgunners, but someone forgot to get some "awesome" while they were at the store, so they substituted "gimp" in the recipe.

lol. Protransers = $$$ which is another reason why I bailed out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kyon
Dec 9, 2006, 05:51 AM
Dear ZiG

"Have you used traps?
They are quite weak.
They are also expensive."

I can go on.

"You can only carry so much.
The radius of a normal trap is smaller than a piece of crap.
Is the rhyme adding a little touch?"

ZiG
Dec 9, 2006, 05:51 AM
I'm sure Protransers are awesome....

....if they use traps.

ZiG
Dec 9, 2006, 05:55 AM
Dear Kyon

"The don't be a Protranser."

I can go on.

"It is not 'cool' to be unique if you suck at what you're attempting to be unique with.
What if Fortetechers never used Technics?
What if Guntechers never used guns?"

Hotobu
Dec 9, 2006, 10:57 AM
I'm more irritated with Kyon's lack of haiku knowlege (http://"http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/haiku") followed closely by the bonehead move to go Protranser and not use traps. I got the memo DID YOU GET THE MEMO? "Hey granny did you get the memo?" Check: yeah everyone knew about the traps a long time ago. Why the hell would you go to Protranser if you aren't going to use them? That's the ONLY stregnth of the class.

Gamemako
Dec 9, 2006, 11:00 AM
Uhhh, 30 skills and 30 bullets and the ability to use axes and laser cannons and grenade launchers isn't a strength?

What they are is gimped early on. Standard stuff.

You can't even do but 250 damage with a trap anyway.

PJ
Dec 9, 2006, 11:07 AM
On 2006-12-09 02:22, ZiG wrote:

Ahem..:

It is the whole point."

Enjoy.

XDXDXD This is the greatest thing to be produced from the PSU forum EVER.

Choja
Dec 9, 2006, 11:25 AM
On 2006-12-09 02:55, ZiG wrote:
Dear Kyon

I can go on.

"It is not 'cool' to be unique if you suck at what you're attempting to be unique with.

HAY ZiG! Critical Hit Rate, thrown out the window. Score! Other stuff that makes Protranser actually worth it! Score! Being the underdog and kicking that Fortefighter's ass! Hell yeah!
Okay, so apparently, people like to get down on stuff. Erotic. ;)

Kyon
Dec 9, 2006, 12:05 PM
On 2006-12-09 02:55, ZiG wrote:
Dear Kyon

I can go on.

You know, that would be a valid point if traps were actually worth using like techs and guns (which are actually a necessity to those classes unlike traps to protransers >.>). I went with protransers because they get 30/30/0, crit rate, and the weapon choices. You can use an axe AND laser AND launchers. Why don't you try using traps for a few games and tell us how "unique" it made your gaming experience? Spending 2.5k meseta for 5 damage trap G then burning through it in the first two rooms. Yeah, I felt unique. Uniquely cheated.

UltimateCarl
Dec 9, 2006, 12:36 PM
They'll probably be decent after the update, but at the moment I don't see the draw to Protransers unless you just want a challenge. No, traps aren't essential to a Protranser, but they are the classes' draw and they are better with them than other classes, and it doesn't change the fact that they suck. To me it's like how Fortechers are the only class to get Rods, but let's say that instead, they can only get up to A-Rank Rods. That's a bit extreme of an example, but see what I mean?

Also, as far as using Forte- classes' exclusive weapons, I agree that that's cool. Unfortunately, you can only use up to A-Rank versions of them. You know the major reason Protransers can't use S-Ranks? Because they don't even have high enough stats to! Hearing from players of the Japanese version on this thread, you have to be practically Protranser level 6 and decently base leveled before you can even begin to equip A-Ranks.

However, I do have one major hope for Protransers: the update that extends job level max from 10 to 20. If you check out the stat multiplyers, most expert classes go up by a considerable amount from 1-10, but Protransers practically double in stats. They still have generally lower stats than other classes at 10, but it's possible that if this trend continues, then at level 20 Protransers could potentially outstat every other class, save for maybe the Forte- classes at their prime stats.

Save for this hope, I don't see myself ever playing a Protranser. If you are one and you're not an idiot, though, you're welcome in my party.

Kyon
Dec 9, 2006, 01:30 PM
Online Protranser
Type Lvl 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
HP 50% 60% 70% 80% 90% 100% 105% 110% 115% 120%
ATP 50% 52% 56% 58% 65% 67% 69% 71% 73% 80%
ATA 50% 60% 70% 80% 90% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%
TP 30% 30% 30% 30% 30% 30% 30% 30% 30% 30%
DFP 50% 52% 56% 58% 65% 67% 69% 71% 73% 80%
EVP 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%
MST 50% 50% 50% 50% 50% 50% 50% 50% 50% 50%
STA 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%
CHR 150% 150% 150% 150% 150% 150% 150% 150% 150% 150%

The stats of a protranser becomes pretty decent at job level 10, a 70% increase in hp, 30% atp and def and 50% increase in ata. Too bad it takes forever to level these expert calsses >.<

Kupi
Dec 9, 2006, 01:37 PM
Traps are highly situational, but yes, I do wish that people would actually use them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but traps cause a Level 4 SE basically all the time, right? I can tell you right now that I've lost party members to the Kog Nadds on Moatoob because the fight went on too long. If those things had been set on fire and poisoned (say, by traps that guarantee that kind of effect), the fight would never have reached that point. Traps aren't there for regular use, but they help immensely against the larger baddies.

Deprimenthia
Dec 9, 2006, 01:40 PM
This is AWESOME. Especially since the Protransers are so much like Adept Rogues (.Hack G.U.), and on the G.U. message boards (you know, the fake ones), how they're always talking about how gimped Rogues are. Great stuff right here.

Pandatron
Dec 9, 2006, 01:43 PM
I played with a protranser play and it's like watching a hamster in his ball run and doing all sorts of things. The only problem is the hamster forgets to see where the barriers are and may fall down the stairs and are scarried to come out the ball... and that's when they start using traps xD. I only saw that one use virus and fire traps so far nothing more and nothing lesss kind of odd.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 9, 2006, 02:07 PM
On 2006-12-09 10:37, Kupi wrote:
Traps are highly situational, but yes, I do wish that people would actually use them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but traps cause a Level 4 SE basically all the time, right? I can tell you right now that I've lost party members to the Kog Nadds on Moatoob because the fight went on too long. If those things had been set on fire and poisoned (say, by traps that guarantee that kind of effect), the fight would never have reached that point. Traps aren't there for regular use, but they help immensely against the larger baddies.

I'm unsure on the SE level, as a Fortegunner I carry around my own set of traps, eat your heart out Protransers =P, and from what I can tell it deals between lvl 3-4 SE, wow Virus did 870 do big things <3 <3 <3. I've yet to try out burn traps to big things to compare to my own burn to make sure my theory is correct.

If protransers get a SE increase, then the job would be awesome, cause traps on a fG is already awesome XD.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 04:04 PM
Well here is my experience with PT.
normal traps are SE lvl 2 or 3, and dont always do the debuffs. G traps have a way larger range and are instant plus they always apply lvl 4 SE. In conclusion use G traps only because...
traps are also situational! virus and burn G for tengohgs and minibosses cuts the time to kill them in half, or shock G traps for large clusters of S class delsabers to prevent mass scape doll consumption. Besides these situations traps are rather useless, so far.

Wheatpenny
Dec 9, 2006, 04:24 PM
If there was perhaps a way to MAKE traps you know like 20/20 on a consumable board like monomates.And the G traps like 10/10 on a board.If that was done instead of having to buy them all,then EVERY rangertype class would use traps more.But untill that is done no one is gona be using them much ,making Protranser not very interesting.

Relam
Dec 9, 2006, 04:31 PM
I've noticed that the Cobra/ I mean Endrum Collective guys from the Endrum Remnants mission on Parum tend to drop traps a lot.

All the combat-rolling rangers and colored lasers in that stage make me think of GI Joe...

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 04:31 PM
If you do not enjoy having the meseta you got through order and mission rewards going to G traps, or the half stat decrease, or the 690 hp I got oneshotted by dogsvaltus stomp crit then PT isn't for you >.> though I do hope they eventually have a board for G traps.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 04:34 PM
On 2006-12-09 13:31, Relam wrote:
I've noticed that the Cobra/ I mean Endrum Collective guys from the Endrum Remnants mission on Parum tend to drop traps a lot.

All the combat-rolling rangers and colored lasers in that stage make me think of GI Joe...

Considering I use about 5-8 G traps a mission ,depending on map variation, this doesn't seem like a very viable option <.<;

SpishackCola
Dec 9, 2006, 05:17 PM
I love having 579 HP at level 46 keeps me on my toes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif and if you want me to use more traps buy them for me ok?

FenixStryk
Dec 9, 2006, 05:23 PM
Protranser is... special. They get all the hard-hitting weapons, but none of the fast ones, not to mention their level-up patten is extremely unusual (starting with like 600 HP and getting about 1300 at Protranser 10). I mean, really, no Dagger? No Rifle? It seems so awkward...

I might do it after Fortegunner, Guntecher, and Fighgunner are maxed out, but otherwise... meh.

Kyon
Dec 9, 2006, 05:25 PM
Ok, tried some virus trap g and normal on de ragan and it has 0 effect. The normal does nothing and the g hits him in 3 places for 35 damage with no se added. WOOT! So, lets not tell protransers to use traps without even knowing what they do, k?

Wheatpenny
Dec 9, 2006, 05:26 PM
On 2006-12-09 14:17, SpishackCola wrote:
I love having 579 HP at level 46 keeps me on my toes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif and if you want me to use more traps buy them for me ok?

I commend you for your balsy statement about playing prototranser. */salute*

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 05:29 PM
On 2006-12-09 14:25, Kyon wrote:
Ok, tried some virus trap g and normal on de ragan and it has 0 effect. The normal does nothing and the g hits him in 3 places for 35 damage with no se added. WOOT! So, lets not tell protransers to use traps without even knowing what they do, k?

Lets try reading the post, minibosses = bosses amirite?! all bosses (mobs with cutscenes) are immune to status effects
Edit2: svaltus and dogsvaltus are probably immune to everything except freeze, since shock G didnt work on him.

Edit: We can start calling the PTs who don't use traps because "they are too expensivebuythemformeplzkthx" cheaptransers imo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cav on 2006-12-09 14:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cav on 2006-12-09 14:33 ]</font>

SpishackCola
Dec 9, 2006, 05:55 PM
lol cheaptransers. I'll take it only if you vow to give me every money making drop in every run. All 4*+ synth items, every weapon, all 4*+ healing items, every rare except MAX/Scape boards. Deal?

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 05:59 PM
On 2006-12-09 14:55, SpishackCola wrote:
lol cheaptransers. I'll take it only if you vow to give me every money making drop in every run. All 4*+ synth items, every weapon, all 4*+ healing items, every rare except MAX/Scape boards. Deal?

Or, how about the money drops and mission rewards you get will cover the trap useage every run, just your meseta will always hover around what you have now. At least that was my experience with FFF S and Nue relics A using traps.

Also why take a job you know is going to take money if you are going to be cheap?

ZiG
Dec 9, 2006, 06:04 PM
Kyon, it's simple...

Just don't play a Protranser if you aren't prepared to play it the way it's intended.

DoubleJG
Dec 9, 2006, 06:07 PM
I can only imagine how much damage a Burn Trap G would do per tick... Alot? I think so.

ZiG
Dec 9, 2006, 06:08 PM
I, myself, am interested in Protranser, but I'm gonna wait a bit to see how it pans out.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 06:09 PM
On 2006-12-09 15:07, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
I can only imagine how much damage a Burn Trap G would do per tick... Alot? I think so.

800 a tick on tengohgs on nue relics A, 1500 a tick on FFF S miniwormflowerboss things >.>

Edit: incase anyone was wondering about the crit thing, it seems to crit 15-20% of them time which would set the normal crit rate at 10% so, meh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cav on 2006-12-09 15:13 ]</font>

Weakness
Dec 9, 2006, 06:15 PM

Or, you could go solo for a little while and stop bitching about prices?

Anyone who doesn't use an item that their job gets a statistical bonus with, is very very gimp... or just retarded/lazy.

No offense, but people who complain about the prices remind me of a story back when I played FF XI. Ranger, arguably the most expensive job in the game seeing as you have to pay for the arrows you shoot. Well one day I joined a party with a Ranger in it, I didn't think much about it until we started to fight stuff. I noticed he wasn't shooting much and was just trying to do melee damage.

When I asked him why, his reply was simple, "Arrows are too expensive, so I don't use them."

Moral of the story, don't be a gimp because you are to lazy to go out and get money yourself. Don't play a job designed to use certain items and then not use them. If you think Protranser is too expensive, change jobs so you don't have to use traps you damned idiot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif.

happy_cricket
Dec 9, 2006, 06:18 PM
LOL - now it's not just the Fo's who will get told how to play.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 06:19 PM
Unless he switched back to HU10, soloing on PT1 is horribly inefficient >.>; and as a side note traps should only really be used on A and S class. I support the nonuse of traps in B and C <.<

Edit: Weakness do you always run around with 10 megistaride/ag/zod/def/retride? Perhaps "any class that doesnt use items to get a statistical bonus" may not of been the best choice of words, unless you do >.> then nvm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cav on 2006-12-09 15:21 ]</font>

Weakness
Dec 9, 2006, 06:21 PM
On 2006-12-09 15:19, Cav wrote:
Unless he switched back to HU10, soloing on PT1 is horribly inefficient >.>; and as a side note traps should only really be used on A and S class. I support the nonuse of traps in B and C <.<

Edit: Weakness do you always run around with 10 megistaride/ag/zod/def/retride? Perhaps "any class that doesnt use items to get a statistical bonus" may not of been the best choice of words, unless you do >.> then nvm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cav on 2006-12-09 15:21 ]</font>

People still do B and C?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And since I missed your edit:

I carry status boosting items on me for bosses.

And I meant that Protranser gets a statistical bonus for using traps, something that any other class gets. ;;>.> Not items that raise your stats.

Second Edit: Because I am a good speeler http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2006-12-09 15:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2006-12-09 15:25 ]</font>

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 06:24 PM
Well, you never know maybe there is some lvl 34 PT 1 (Id cry at his hp amount) reading these boards and gets the idea he should be spending his/her bling on traps. >.> <.<

Weakness
Dec 9, 2006, 06:28 PM
On 2006-12-09 15:24, Cav wrote:
Well, you never know maybe there is some lvl 34 PT 1 (Id cry at his hp amount) reading these boards and gets the idea he should be spending his/her bling on traps. >.> <.<

You could still use G Traps for larger enemies (i.e. Tengogh) and mini bosses, which seems to be the general concensus on how to use them to begin with, regardless of what rank mission you are doing.

ZiG
Dec 9, 2006, 06:31 PM
You guys need to understand, I'm not cracking on Protransers. Like I said, I kinda wanna try it out. Protransers are prolly fucking awesome.

What I'm cracking on is people saying "Not paying for traps, too expensive." ...You knew this a month and a half before Protranser was even available. Don't play it then.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 06:31 PM
Since the damage is % hp and these mobs have considerably less hp on B and C and are also less annoying on B and C, the time saved/money spent ratio doesn't work out in the PT's favor >.> at least on A and S you are saving like 5mins a run, on B or C I couldnt imagine it saving over 30sec-1min.

Edit: Considering you spend the same amount for traps as a lvl 50 (perhaps we need price scaling for traps!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cav on 2006-12-09 15:31 ]</font>

Weakness
Dec 9, 2006, 06:33 PM
Tengogh on B rank runs have more HP then they know what to do with... 30 seconds to 1 minute per Tengogh, but even then that is if you have a 6 man party.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 06:35 PM
Tengoghs on A have 16k hp, I couldnt imagine B having more than 10k then. Considering you can take out 4 tengohgs on B with 1 HU 10 nanoblast vs barely 2 on A.

Weakness
Dec 9, 2006, 06:40 PM
On 2006-12-09 15:35, Cav wrote:
Tengoghs on A have 16k hp, I couldnt imagine B having more than 10k then. Considering you can take out 4 tengohgs on B with 1 HU 10 nanoblast vs barely 2 on A.

This is a bit of a biased statment though. Not everyone is a high level, and not everyone has a high level job. A group of three or four 30's going through Neudaiz Relics on B would have a pretty tough time with Tengogh.

It is all situational (as pretty much everyone else has said). But any little bit that helps a party should be used.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 06:43 PM
Oh yea >.> I guess you're right a lvl 50 =/= lvl 30 XD well then <.< I have been defeated.
Losing internet arguement, Epeen shrinks 4 inches.

realP
Dec 9, 2006, 06:49 PM
It is funny that this thread has started, as I was just thinking about staying or switching. I am ... a Protranser (of course); a M-human at level 30. I've gotta say it's rough. I have been using traps (mainly freeze) and it is not that great. As far as money is concerned, I have plenty! Why?! Protransers are so damn weak when we start that we can't buy any new, expensive gear! I actually had to down grade on my sword, knuckles, and shotgun(LOL). I know that stats almost double by level 6, but, lets face it, that will take forever. I can't even use the launchers, cannons, or axes yet. Yes, it would seem they only get A-ranks due to the low ATP and mid ATA. I will most likely be able to use axes when my charecter hits level 55 and my Protranser level is hopefully at 6. I might stay Protranser, because you never know. Maybe our stats will continue to bonus on a higher scale. Plus, Protransers do get the 30 level PAs,bullets, and the highest critical % (makes up for low ATP). I am not really going to bother with traps that much(except on large enemies) until later. In the meantime, please cut the PTs some slack; we are frick'n weak as hell right now. Trust me ... I know.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 06:54 PM
As PT I have been using A grade sabers because of the high ATP, knockup, low ATP req, and faster swing. It takes like 2 character levels for each job level now too.

Strider_M
Dec 9, 2006, 08:10 PM
I'm a Protranser and I'm low on money because I'm still trying to get money to buy materials for my PM (trying to make the 450 lol) So until then I'm getting regular Damage traps.

It's time to GO PRO!

Kyon
Dec 10, 2006, 02:31 AM
On 2006-12-09 14:59, Cav wrote:

Or, how about the money drops and mission rewards you get will cover the trap useage every run, just your meseta will always hover around what you have now. At least that was my experience with FFF S and Nue relics A using traps.

Also why take a job you know is going to take money if you are going to be cheap?

So what you're saying is "don't make money in this game." So if I was to use 3 g traps, that's 1.5k which is what I earn with each dragon A defeated (plus loot which addes about a 1000 so lets say 5 g traps).

To use 5 traps that don't benefit the party at all and never have a positive flow of money, do you want to be someone like that?

I think we established that traps are not worth using right now with our class and character levels so low. I'll give traps a second look after I hit PT level 5. I was attracted to the stats of a lvl 10 protransers and the fact I can use the weapons I like the most. You wanna spend all the money you earn on traps? Be my guest. You play how you play, and I'll play how I want to.

Oh and an RO reference. We are the PSU super novices. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Garnet_Moon
Dec 10, 2006, 02:39 AM
What exactly does Protranser do? Burn ticks for 900 in LL S... but everybody with a gun can do that too, and it'll hit more often than trying to time a trap.

My Newman F Figunner has 326 ATP. If I switch to Protranser i'll have 167 ATP. What in the hell do you plan to equip with 167 atp? >_>

Kyon
Dec 10, 2006, 02:47 AM
On 2006-12-09 23:39, Garnet_Moon wrote:
What exactly does Protranser do? Burn ticks for 900 in LL S... but everybody with a gun can do that too, and it'll hit more often than trying to time a trap.

My Newman F Figunner has 326 ATP. If I switch to Protranser i'll have 167 ATP. What in the hell do you plan to equip with 167 atp? >_>

Umm, I equipped some good ol' 3 star sabers with an autogun d('.')b

Garnet_Moon
Dec 10, 2006, 02:48 AM
On 2006-12-09 23:47, Kyon wrote:

Umm, I equipped some good ol' 3 star sabers with an autogun d('.')b

lol Harisen Battle Fan ftw

Alisha
Dec 10, 2006, 02:57 AM

the difference is G traps cannot fail. also isnt there poison traps? poison stacks with burn/virus. the only other way to poison is loldamdiga. also i remember reading somewhere that trappotency is tied into protranser type level.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 10, 2006, 02:59 AM
Well I suppose I should give them time to evolve before I start booting them when they join up. Meh, it's Christmas. I'll try to play nice with them and see what they can do. As of right now i'm not impressed at all.

Alisha
Dec 10, 2006, 03:04 AM
if you havent noticed yet im the same person from KI forums =P
i wasnt interested in protranser initially but they sound interesting now. plus im sure theres other traps that havent been released yet. if those floating S traps you encounter in story mode are any indication... ouch.

HC82
Dec 10, 2006, 05:35 AM
Traps are costly to keep up with. It takes so long to level up classes, protransers have it REALLY rough for awhile.

Cause_I_Own_U
Dec 10, 2006, 05:39 AM
Traps
Get in my PM's belly
Cause ur worthless lolz

Cav
Dec 10, 2006, 06:52 AM
On 2006-12-09 23:31, Kyon wrote:

So what you're saying is "don't make money in this game." So if I was to use 3 g traps, that's 1.5k which is what I earn with each dragon A defeated (plus loot which addes about a 1000 so lets say 5 g traps).

To use 5 traps that don't benefit the party at all and never have a positive flow of money, do you want to be someone like that?

I think we established that traps are not worth using right now with our class and character levels so low. I'll give traps a second look after I hit PT level 5. I was attracted to the stats of a lvl 10 protransers and the fact I can use the weapons I like the most. You wanna spend all the money you earn on traps? Be my guest. You play how you play, and I'll play how I want to.

Oh and an RO reference. We are the PSU super novices. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wow useless traps? did you even read any of my posts? saving 5 mins a run because of 800-1500 virus ticks on the annoying mobs? Gauranteed with an instant drop and detonate. If you would like to waste your time and your party's being a cheaptranser go ahead. That's right up there with coming in an S rank game with no scapes.

Edit: eh I didn't know poison stacked with virus, time to test!

Also it's common knowledge you party for XP and MP, if you want money solo farm. It's just more evident for PT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cav on 2006-12-10 03:53 ]</font>

Merumeru
Dec 10, 2006, 09:42 AM
XD im sorry, using 4*+5 grinded weapons is pretty reminiscent of when I was a hunter/ranger if you ask me, and all the classes have a bit of catching up to do in stats anyway >P i use traps when it deems necessary (bugs/tengohgs/megid-spitters) and yeah, i may be weak, but spitting out status effects and spamming PAs seems to get me to an average status

XP anyway, ill use traps when i see fit, if you dont want me in your party because i dont play how you like, you can kick me out and do us both a favor of not having to deal with each other XD

Karuso
Dec 10, 2006, 11:20 AM
This job will be helpful with their "traps" on those S Rank missions later on probably.

Varon
Dec 10, 2006, 01:02 PM
hmmmm intrigueing

Kyon
Dec 10, 2006, 01:07 PM
On 2006-12-10 03:52, Cav wrote:

On 2006-12-09 23:31, Kyon wrote:

Wow useless traps? did you even read any of my posts? saving 5 mins a run because of 800-1500 virus ticks on the annoying mobs? Gauranteed with an instant drop and detonate. If you would like to waste your time and your party's being a cheaptranser go ahead. That's right up there with coming in an S rank game with no scapes.

Edit: eh I didn't know poison stacked with virus, time to test!

Also it's common knowledge you party for XP and MP, if you want money solo farm. It's just more evident for PT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cav on 2006-12-10 03:53 ]</font>

I have yet to try the virus traps on those mobs, but lets just say they are of no help in De Ragan runs which is my main money maker.

And solo for money? Good god, have you even tried soloing with a PT? It took me 20 minutes for a De Ragan C!

-Dainslef-
Dec 10, 2006, 01:32 PM
Five, seven, then five
These are the ways of the force
Use them or be stomped

SpishackCola
Dec 10, 2006, 01:34 PM
On 2006-12-10 10:07, Kyon wrote:
And solo for money? Good god, have you even tried soloing with a PT? It took me 20 minutes for a De Ragan C!

That sounds about right.

Sychosis
Dec 10, 2006, 01:36 PM
fF: Resta please.
fT: Use a mate.
fF: They're expensive.
fT: Ok, fine.

fF: Use a trap please.
PT: They're expensive.
fF: I don't care.
PT: Ok, fine.

SolRiver
Dec 10, 2006, 01:58 PM
Protranser crit about 1/8 hits, pretty good comparing to alot of classes.

So far I found bow to be PT's most reliable weapon, for obvious reasons. I was dealing about the same damage as other gimped expert class with a bow, due to defense pierce. The burn is always nice.

As for traps... majority of the traps aren't worth it. Maybe if they do 500+ per hit (for dmg) like those FOs are dealing, but not until then. While you really only need virus traps for those defensive jerks, and apply burn with your bow. If you got your bow fire PA to 21, you might as well dump traps altogether, unless you decide to use 2 conditions at a time (shock/silence + virus).

Cav
Dec 10, 2006, 02:20 PM
On 2006-12-10 10:34, SpishackCola wrote:

That sounds about right.

eh I did C in 8 mins on HU10 >.>; and HU classes are definately the ones to farm with also. You should have seen this fact coming beforehand. Money using job, 50% stat cut, not many "fast" weapons, therefore not good soloer.

Gamemako
Dec 10, 2006, 02:27 PM
On 2006-12-10 10:36, Sychosis wrote:

Double standard. <3

Kyon
Dec 10, 2006, 02:29 PM

I<3 that post

SpishackCola
Dec 10, 2006, 02:31 PM
On 2006-12-10 11:20, Cav wrote:

That sounds about right.

eh I did C in 8 mins on HU10 >.>; and HU classes are definately the ones to farm with also. You should have seen this fact coming beforehand. Money using job, 50% stat cut, not many "fast" weapons, therefore not good soloer.

HU10 and PT1 are completely different...

-Ryuki-
Dec 10, 2006, 02:34 PM
Did he even write a correct Haiku? o_o;

"Dear all PSU players.
ProTransers do not suck much.
Several do, though."

Gamemako
Dec 10, 2006, 02:36 PM
Haiku can't even be done in English because we don't have a syllabary. THANKS.

Vorpal
Dec 10, 2006, 02:39 PM
What they should of done was allow Protransers to use everything, with all level 30 PAs possible.

Cav
Dec 10, 2006, 02:53 PM
On 2006-12-10 11:31, SpishackCola wrote:

On 2006-12-10 11:20, Cav wrote:

That sounds about right.

HU10 and PT1 are completely different...

That's my point, "that sounds about right." my rear dexterities that is right, it's way too slow compared to HU.

Kyon
Dec 10, 2006, 04:31 PM
On 2006-12-10 11:39, Vorpal wrote:
What they should of done was allow Protransers to use everything, with all level 30 PAs possible.

Then what's the point of using the other classes? Protransers would be too overpowered even if they can't use s rank weapons

Mystil
Dec 10, 2006, 04:47 PM
Well being able to go 30lvl bullets is borderlining overpowered if you think about it.

Kyon
Dec 10, 2006, 04:55 PM
On 2006-12-10 13:47, Mystil wrote:
Well being able to go 30lvl bullets is borderlining overpowered if you think about it.

The problem is, how long will it take to get there? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cav
Dec 10, 2006, 04:57 PM
protranser should be able to use all A rank weapons obviously because we are "pro"

Schubalts
Dec 10, 2006, 07:50 PM
How would they be overpowered with more weapons? It would take forever for them to be able to use half of them!

DoubleJG
Dec 10, 2006, 09:29 PM
Protransers are fine just where they stand.

Vorpal
Dec 10, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-12-10 13:31, Kyon wrote:

Then what's the point of using the other classes? Protransers would be too overpowered even if they can't use s rank weapons

Because their stats are HORRIBLE. How would they be overpowered? They can barely equip anything.

Kyon
Dec 10, 2006, 09:53 PM
On 2006-12-10 18:30, Vorpal wrote:

On 2006-12-10 13:31, Kyon wrote:

Because their stats are HORRIBLE. How would they be overpowered? They can barely equip anything.

Sorry, I should have said, in the end they would be overpowered. Look at their stats at job lvl 10. Well, although it would take like 100 hours of game time to reach that level. I agree some weapons should be available like single daggers and single claws.

Merumeru
Dec 11, 2006, 01:17 AM
XD im fine the way we are, yeah, its limited but eh, itll be worth the wait to use 'nades, lasers and the big ol' axe~

ProfessorZ
Dec 11, 2006, 01:19 AM
Shut the fuck up who do you think you are telling people what they can be or what they should do?

Kyon
Dec 11, 2006, 01:37 AM
I found that virus and poison traps are useful against the heavy monsters and svaltus on parum relics. For all others, not worth the time since a regular trap only affects one enemy.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2006, 01:52 AM
I know player shops have traps cheaper than the NPC somtimes so thats a plus. My take on it is the traps are not a weapon to be used every group of mobs but a support element for very sticky or potentally benifical circumstances wich most were already mentioned.

A group of big mobs (like when you have 3/4 of those super mobs after your party) or sub bosses, or especially a shock G for the delsabers on S rank fight for food. However 500 meseta is just crazy for a trap. 4 traps and they probably just didnt make any meseta that run. So I say for static groups that want to reap the benifits of the traps help your transer out and everybody donate 100 mesta per trap and have it planed out when/where they will be used.

Kyon
Dec 11, 2006, 02:16 AM
On 2006-12-10 22:52, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
I know player shops have traps cheaper than the NPC somtimes so thats a plus. My take on it is the traps are not a weapon to be used every group of mobs but a support element for very sticky or potentally benifical circumstances wich most were already mentioned.

A group of big mobs (like when you have 3/4 of those super mobs after your party) or sub bosses, or especially a shock G for the delsabers on S rank fight for food. However 500 meseta is just crazy for a trap. 4 traps and they probably just didnt make any meseta that run. So I say for static groups that want to reap the benifits of the traps help your transer out and everybody donate 100 mesta per trap and have it planed out when/where they will be used.

PT enters game:

PT: "Hey, guys! I'm a PT and I want to use my traps to help you all, but they're expensive. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Let's just say everyone here donates 100 meseta to me, k? ^.^b"

Leader:... what?

PT: "Umm, share the pain, share the wealth, you know."

Black Screen... You have been removed from the party.

Ok, this is just over exaggerated but that sounds great for us PT's but the rest of the population isn't going to give a rat's ass about traps right now and even more on donating meseta. We can only hope that there will be updates where PT's can make traps or buy them at discount prices.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2006, 02:24 AM
PT enters game:

PT: "Hey, guys! I'm a PT and I want to use my traps to help you all, but they're expensive. Let's just say everyone here donates 100 meseta to me, k? ^.^b"

Ok, this is just over exaggerated but that sounds great for us PT's but the rest of the population isn't going to give a rat's ass about traps right now and even more on donating meseta. We can only hope that there will be updates where PT's can make traps or buy them at discount prices.

So I say for static groups that want to reap the benifits of the traps

seriously fill in the blanks

Kyon
Dec 11, 2006, 02:26 AM
On 2006-12-10 23:24, ViciousXUSMC wrote:

PT enters game:

PT: "Hey, guys! I'm a PT and I want to use my traps to help you all, but they're expensive. Let's just say everyone here donates 100 meseta to me, k? ^.^b"

So I say for static groups that want to reap the benifits of the traps

seriously fill in the blanks

Oops, sorry about that. -.-'

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2006, 02:30 AM
apology accepted http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kent
Dec 11, 2006, 02:34 AM
You're not going to get random people to donate to your trap usage. That's like a Force charging for Resta... Just moronic.

It's not going to happen. If you chose to be a Protranser, that's your own fault, and it's your job to use your type's specialties to their fullest, if you want to make yourself worthwhile. Some people look at Protranser's stats and lack of S-rank weaponry, and end up having a pretty low opinion, in the first place - don't be cheap on playing to your maximum capabilities and give the type an even worse reputation. :/

imfanboy
Dec 11, 2006, 07:04 AM
Here's fanboy's rambling take on Protranser.

Anyone ever go through Final Fantasy 1 with a party of all White Mages? Or just a single Red Mage?

It can be done. I've done both. It takes a long, LONG time, hurts a lot, is really not very much fun, there's so much you can't use in the game that you end up throwing away a lot of items, but in the end you go, "I did that. That was me. Pretty cool huh?"

Yes, I see you looking at me funny. "What? You were THAT bored? Why didn't you buy a new game? Or go outside and play catch? God, you have to be a real dork if you think THAT'S cool."

Well, I look at protranser players the same way. It's like they've chosen to hobble themselves intentionally while playing the game... for a not-so-great reward at the end. It's an all-right thing to do if you've played the game every other way, enjoyed the hell out of it, and NOW you need the hardcore challenge; but why start off doing it?

How many enemies are you going to be able to hit with your absolutely AWFUL ATA (compared to a Fortegunner) even at Protranser 10 while using a grenade launcher?

How much more damage will a fortefighter do with HIS axe that he's had since he was fortefighter 1 and has build the PA to level 21+ by the time you're just barely equipping it?

Remember, it's not just about how HIGH your bullets can go; it's about being able to level them. If you're going PT to be able to, how did someone put it? "Equip an axe and a grenade launcher" then you should consider that by the time you CAN equip them the equivalent specialists have already gotten the PAs up pretty damned high.

And using bows to "Cover up the class's inherent weaknesses..." is kind of, well, lying to yourself. A class shouldn't just be all weak, even at the beginning. It should have SOMETHING to latch a successful character on to. Traps are an interesting idea, but without some way to make them yourself it's a fail.

Don't get me wrong, I would never boot a protranser from my party, or even refuse to play with someone that's protranser (unless it was a Bruce's Mission where he didn't have any traps!). They're pretty smart players who have made what I consider a damfool choice. Nobody DUMB goes protranser; that's reserved for fighgunner.

I might look at them funny, maybe suggest gently that they should try out the other classes for a little bit (since they can do all the multiclasses just fine) before dedicating themselves to the uphill struggle of Protranser (Wartecher is good! So is Techgunner! Even Fighgunner is pretty darned nifty!), but I'd never kick one out.

FrogKicker
Dec 11, 2006, 07:50 AM

Apple != Orange

Forces don't have to pay 100 or 500 meseta per heal. Now if you were healing with only star atomizers it would make more sense.

PTs seem like a hardcore class to me. Sad thing is too many idiots think they are hardcore.

Sychosis
Dec 11, 2006, 08:22 AM
Large apple vs. small apple is still apples to apples my friend.

FrogKicker
Dec 11, 2006, 08:52 AM
Are you that ignorant?

Ways to heal: Force
Mates
HP regen unit(hey it heals!)

Ways to get traps: Buy em
Find em

Uh..hey Mr. Fruitblindness, Forces are not forced to stock up on heals to heal. PTs are forced to buy traps to lay traps. And before you say "HEY!!! Forces need to pay to restore PP!" That's still not the same thing. Close...but not close enough, hence why I said apples != oranges.

And yes, I just answered my own question, you are ignorant.

grimstone
Dec 11, 2006, 09:11 AM
im making a protranser and will prolly almost never use traps

Sekani
Dec 11, 2006, 09:14 AM
Maybe I'm a little late on this, but shouldn't Protransers be the ones figuring out how to play their class effectively instead of all the other classes telling them how it's done? I mean, it just makes sense, doesn't it?

Sychosis
Dec 11, 2006, 09:54 AM
On 2006-12-11 05:52, FrogKicker wrote:
Are you that ignorant?

Mates

Find em

Uh..hey Mr. Fruitblindness, Forces are not forced to stock up on heals to heal. PTs are forced to buy traps to lay traps. And before you say "HEY!!! Forces need to pay to restore PP!" That's still not the same thing. Close...but not close enough, hence why I said apples != oranges.

C'mon man, this is 1 + 1 = 2 stuff. I spend money to heal, you spend money to lay traps, simple. Hunters complain when neither of us is doing "our job."

The only difference is hunters complain about resta because they are cheap, hunters complain about traps because it doesn't cost them a thing. Hence the double standard.

Strider_M
Dec 11, 2006, 09:59 AM
Isn't Protranser described as an "experimental class?"

Akaimizu
Dec 11, 2006, 10:13 AM
It is, but it is the most expert of expert classes. It requires the most strategy and a very interesting setup of Weapons in your Weapon dial. The jack of all trades, master of none class.

Most expert classes are that, in some way. For instance, if I played my Guntecher like a straight Ranger, I'd feel the pain of dropping down to that expert class. But I feel the potential for when I level once I utilize all aspects of what the class is about. So the initial dip of stats feels minor, but as long as I'm using everything it has to be. I've completely rethought and re-arranged my Weapon bar, and there's some more touches I'll need to add as I add stuff like Crossbows.

Still, it requires me to fight smarter, and with a much deeper personal combat strategy. Knowing what to switch to and when. It's actually a lot of fun. As a Protranser, I can imagine it's like trying to combine the whole smorgasborg of fight styles to your character. I forsee some very very interesting weapon list combinations with those guys.

In a way, I could see the same feeling of going to Protranser from my Guntecher, as it was for going from the Straight Ranger or Force to GunTecher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-11 07:15 ]</font>

Merumeru
Dec 11, 2006, 10:59 AM
XD shit im only being protranser because ive never really expected to be a full HU/RA/FO and that support routes are always good. So with burn/virus traps to use on those OVER9000HP enemies, lv30 bullets for my shotty and bow to bury some status effects in hordes of strong baddies and lv30 skill PAs to spam the crap out of and level when i got the chance XP

yah, its nice to hit big 3-digits, but in a 4-6 Guardian brigade, all that matters is how efficiently everyone works together in a team http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

panzer_unit
Dec 11, 2006, 11:32 AM
I messed around with some of the traps I've got in my storage box. G traps have pretty good AOE... is it just for PT's or everyone who can use them? Once I'm making enough money to justify dropping the things more frequently than SE4 mini-bosses, I'll go do that.

Akaimizu
Dec 11, 2006, 11:39 AM
Well, I'm a Guntecher and it looks like there's at least those 3 classes of traps I can't use. The Big Red X tells me so. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I can't switch around to the others right now, so I'll just have to go by what others have to say about that.

I can use G traps, but there 3 new types of traps, G or Not G, I can't use. I know one of the 3 types are Virus. I can't use Virus Traps nor G Virus Traps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-11 08:41 ]</font>

FrogKicker
Dec 11, 2006, 11:42 AM
On 2006-12-11 06:54, Sychosis wrote:

On 2006-12-11 05:52, FrogKicker wrote:
Are you that ignorant?

Mates

Find em

C'mon man, this is 1 + 1 = 2 stuff. I spend money to heal, you spend money to lay traps, simple. Hunters complain when neither of us is doing "our job."

The only difference is hunters complain about resta because they are cheap, hunters complain about traps because it doesn't cost them a thing. Hence the double standard.

I carry 10 Di/Trimates 10 Star atomizers, usually 3 scapedolls and dskjhds;fh--trides to buff meh ups. If you're a force, focus on dmg. I know how to heal myself. Is it costly? Yes, but damned if it aint affective. If I spend money to lvl, you sure as hell better spend some money too or get the fook outta my group.

I am not trying to be mean, just go play with other gimped people. I am not even close to being "leet" or anything, it's just I try to do the best and be the most efficiant when I go lvl for xp or mps and I hate slackers just leeching off everyone else who actually does put in the effort.

Sychosis
Dec 11, 2006, 12:40 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I'm sorry, but the hypocrisy of that post is too much.

FrogKicker
Dec 11, 2006, 12:42 PM
On 2006-12-11 09:40, Sychosis wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I'm sorry, but the hypocrisy of that post is too much.

Mind pointing it out for me?

Genobee
Dec 11, 2006, 01:01 PM
well if you noticed, Grove and Endrum drop a crap ton more traps now since the update, I walk out with atleast 5, I mean it's some thing to look at if wanna get traps for free.

Also the Protanser is not experimental.....realy... we all played it in PSO when it was called the RAcast

Witchblade56
Dec 11, 2006, 01:25 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-12-11 10:51 ]</font>

Witchblade56
Dec 11, 2006, 01:26 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-12-11 10:50 ]</font>

Witchblade56
Dec 11, 2006, 01:27 PM
Ok heres a thought,

I see people making comments about how axe skills are lower etc etc. I see people complaining about using traps.

Here's a thought why not play the class -after- playing the others? Why would i make such a preposterous assertion or notion you ask? It's simple really fully skilling up PA's on any of the other jobs prior to playing with PT?

Patently absurd right? Why on earth would you want to wait to play a job? Ok you dont -HAVE- to wait. That isnt what I'm saying. My own personal opinion for how to play the job would be after i have played fighgunner, fortefighter and fortegunner prior to even touching this job. Then all my PAs would be at 30 [for those PAs that can be used by PT] and i wouldnt be gimp. Also consider that your less likely to get hammered by the job change nerf when you switch at higher base character level.

Just my though on the matter. People seem to have alot of anger on this particular subject. Get over it.

And uhh lets be honest Genobee this aint PSO mk? RAcast had traps but not the access to the weaponry that PT has. Ive played PSO for many years and from ive seen of PT this weekend the play dynamic is only similar in that you run straight into and through a crowd a of mobs to drop a trap. PT i think requires a unique playstyle and and understanding of that playstyle to make it work at its best.

Let's not forget though that this is a game and we -WANT- to have fun with our chosen jobs in game.

For me im a fighgunner atm and enjoying it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AC9breaker
Dec 11, 2006, 01:46 PM
//Post to Protranser thread.
Start
{
My opinion!
Brag about what I do!
Tell people how to play!
Satire goes here!

if more blah blah is thought of
then :edit button

}
end

Witchblade56
Dec 11, 2006, 01:56 PM
AC9 you should really read the content of posts before you decide to flame... like some others.

Really seriously wheres the bragging? I haven't even touched fortefighter nor fortegunner.

Post a thought on topic...

panzer_unit
Dec 11, 2006, 03:02 PM
On 2006-12-11 10:27, Witchblade56 wrote:
Here's a thought why not play the class -after- playing the others? Why would i make such a preposterous assertion or notion you ask? It's simple really fully skilling up PA's on any of the other jobs prior to playing with PT?

I went on an all-nighter friday (as a PT tho) to get Tornado Break, Bogga Danga, and all my arrow skills from 20-21 and 10-11. It was a grind but well worth it, especially the arrows... hitting for 200 (when you've got the elemental bonus) in any high-rank mission seems pretty respectable.

Really the pain of PT is the stat modifiers from the job at low rank. Your stats bite AND you can't use much good equipment besides bows. Get awesome PA's and leveling to 60... it wouldn't matter much 'cause just everything gets crushed under the HP / ATP / ATA modifiers when you switch. The only thing to do about it is bite the bullet and start earning rank.

Sychosis
Dec 11, 2006, 03:05 PM
On 2006-12-11 09:42, FrogKicker wrote:

Certainly.

You claim that you try to "be the most efficiant" when leveling, but you tell forces to forget resta and focus on nuking? You eating the cost difference for healing is NOT efficient in the least. And then, because you are needlessly blowing cash on mates you expect everyone to waste their money or get out? If you want to be an elitist at least do it right.

And of course there is the whole "I am not trying to be mean, but I'm still going to call you ignorant" deal.

ChrisKo
Dec 11, 2006, 03:09 PM
Out of the entire 8 pages these are the only posts that matter ESPECIALLY the first on by Zig as follows:

Zig wrote:

Ahem..:

It is the whole point."

Enjoy.

Maskim wrote:
Your haiku has served as a muse to me to make my own, ZiG.

Maskim is laughing.
He is LAWLING, if you will.
That was quite funny.

Your prose is both aestheticlly pleasing, and quite to the point.

Kyon wrote:
Dear ZiG

"Have you used traps?
They are quite weak.
They are also expensive."

I can go on.

"You can only carry so much.
The radius of a normal trap is smaller than a piece of crap.
Is the rhyme adding a little touch?"

It should have stopped after these. Zig wins! Maskim second! and Kyon gets special mention!

KirinDave
Dec 11, 2006, 03:19 PM
I grouped with a L3 protranser last night. I am stunned to see people already reaching that point with their expert classes.

He used traps in certain areas. The traps were extremely good. For example, freeze and virus traps on that last room in the second valley of carnage room (where you have to fight the huge hopping rhino-things in a narrow confined space along with the fire-breathers) turned a dangerous fight into a straightforward chore.

Could another have done that? I don't know. I've never seen it done that way, and it impressed me. Maybe I am biased, because the way we did it, frozen mobs were only to be touched by forces, since there are a limited number of hits allowed before defreeze and forces give the best single-hit damage.

FrogKicker
Dec 11, 2006, 03:23 PM
On 2006-12-11 12:05, Sychosis wrote:

On 2006-12-11 09:42, FrogKicker wrote:

Certainly.

You claim that you try to "be the most efficiant" when leveling, but you tell forces to forget resta and focus on nuking? You eating the cost difference for healing is NOT efficient in the least. And then, because you are needlessly blowing cash on mates you expect everyone to waste their money or get out? If you want to be an elitist at least do it right.

And of course there is the whole "I am not trying to be mean, but I'm still going to call you ignorant" deal.

I appoligize for thinking you could understand what I meant about me spending money on mates while the force nukes.

If I am dying and the force is nuking I will not bitch moan or complain when I die because I should have healed myself. If the forcfe is busy and someone else is dying I will use a star. It's not difficult to comprehend. I am far from being an "elitist", but having someone joining an Endrum A run with C rank armor and C rank weapons, no mates, buffs(optional but efficient), or scapedolls does not deserve to be in an A rank mission leeching free xp and mps.

By all means continue to lvl with them and let them leech off of you.

Witchblade56
Dec 11, 2006, 03:24 PM
Lol Panzer caught my drift; that's exactly what id be doing if i were going to level PT. I wouldnt want to change to a job w/o properly prepping for it. I went all out to get saberto cap on hunter along with dagger. Twin sabers are a bit gimped and im skilling those while farm ><

It does require some work; and yeah youre still going to deal with the nerf when u switch to the new job as itll only be level one ._. oh well props to the people doing PT its scary being level one job on A/B rank.

Sychosis
Dec 11, 2006, 03:31 PM
So, you're not an elitist, but you weigh equipment and stats more heavily than player skill, and tell people how to play?

Okay.

I love how you assume I play with people who act like that simply because I'm not on my soapbox preaching to people about the correct way to play PSU.

FrogKicker
Dec 11, 2006, 03:35 PM
On 2006-12-11 12:31, Sychosis wrote:
So, you're not an elitist, but you weigh equipment and stats more heavily than player skill, and tell people how to play?

Okay.

I love how you assume I play with people who act like that simply because I'm not on my soapbox preaching to people about the correct way to play PSU.

Ok, so tell me how player skill will make you do more dmg with a shitty wep or take less dmg with shitty armor. And I would really...really like to see how you don't lose rank for dying without a scapedoll. Also, I never once said you had to play this way, was just stating my opinion. But thanks for assuming that I was on a soapbox doing just that...hypocrite.

Sychosis
Dec 11, 2006, 03:42 PM
Doing more damage with a "shitty" wep? Simple, never attack from the front, more connected attacks = more damage per second.

Taking less damage with "shitty" armor? Simple, time your attacks so you don't collide with an enemy's attack.

But thanks for assuming that I was on a soapbox doing just that...hypocrite.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I never said you were, I said *I* wasn't.

FrogKicker
Dec 11, 2006, 03:45 PM
On 2006-12-11 12:42, Sychosis wrote:
Doing more damage with a "shitty" wep? Simple, never attack from the front, more connected attacks = more damage per second.

Taking less damage with "shitty" armor? Simple, time your attacks so you don't collide with an enemy's attack.

But thanks for assuming that I was on a soapbox doing just that...hypocrite.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I never said you were, I said *I* wasn't.

Touche...but we both know it was implied.

doing dmg from behind with shitty weps still doesnt count. Most people do that anyways with good weps. Same for armor.

Sychosis
Dec 11, 2006, 03:49 PM
Well, this is the closest to an agreement we've come.

I propose a truce. I'm sure the rest of PSOW is tired of watching us bicker like children.

ChrisKo
Dec 11, 2006, 03:49 PM
Lets argue about it! By the time this is over you will forget what it was about...

If FrogKicker is an elitist. (NOTE I said IF)

Then Sychosis is a Nanzy Panzy. (Only if FrogKicker is an elitist)

True story you both suck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sychosis
Dec 11, 2006, 03:50 PM
On 2006-12-11 12:49, ChrisKo wrote:
True story you both suck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Hey...shut up.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-12-11 12:50 ]</font>

FrogKicker
Dec 11, 2006, 03:53 PM
I wanted to be the nanzy panzy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ronzeru
Dec 11, 2006, 04:08 PM
To be honest, I could prolly do more damage than the rest of you guys by just buying a bunch of really cheap weapons, and using the PA button as if it were the normal attack button.

Which reminds me. I need to finish doing that with my twin sabers. 93% at level 28. I need to cap that out so I can focus on my beloved Double Saber more. Getting it from level 22 to 30 is a MUST! That thing friggin' owns, and rapes everything around it with its damage.

Zorafim
Dec 11, 2006, 04:20 PM
In this game, it can be rather easy doing more damage than somebody with a better weapon, or take less damage with worse armor. Attack at opportune moments and back off when things get too dangerous. In these types of games, it's easy to outdo people with better equipment then you.
Still, being able to get in the middle of a huge group and being able to Dus Roberto them into submission is just awesome.