PDA

View Full Version : My Room Glitch?

Maridia
Dec 9, 2006, 06:37 PM
I was informed the other night about some sort of glitch that's apparently been happening where somebody can somehow get control of your room and your PM and storage, etc? They told me to check the forums but I didn't see anything that looked like it.

Can anyone give me some information about this supposed My Room Glitch? Are we all at risk? How does it work? D: Kuda noticed today that the majority of rooms he'd try to go shopping in were locked. Is that possibly because of this glitch or is it maybe just coincidence?

I was told on friday that someone's PM had been reset when they got back to their room due to the glitch. This means very bad things for us all. If anyone knows anything about it or can qwell the rumor, please do. I'd like to know I don't need to worry anymore. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 06:40 PM
My room glitch occurs generally at peak hours, the server confuses the owner of the rooms, so the person is put in your room as its owner (so lock doesn't do any good) and has control over all your stuff. It cannot happen if you are in your room or logged off. It's semi rare to happen but basically the luck of the draw >.>

Maridia
Dec 9, 2006, 06:47 PM
That sucks. If it happened to me, the most I'd do is LOOK at stuff out of curiosity but lord knows I'd never touch anyone else's stuff. I know that the majority of players probably wouldn't feel the same way.

I wonder if this is something that can be fixed or if it's just always going to be a possibility. I don't really like having that hanging over my head. Something bad that MIGHT happen. That's like on PSOGC where it was like "You PROBABLY won't run into someone who'll FSOD or crash the lobby or corrupt your memory card. But you MIGHT at any time. Get used to it."

That's so unfair. <.<

Skuda
Dec 9, 2006, 06:49 PM
that is unsetteling >.>

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 06:51 PM
It's not hackers, maybe they will try to take credit for it to scare you but lol. My advice is to keep all your materials you dont want to risk on a mule that you don't play often.

FenixStryk
Dec 9, 2006, 06:55 PM
Whoa... that's really creepy. I hope it doesn't happen to me. c_c;;
I'm gonna start holding onto all my stuff now o_o

Maridia
Dec 9, 2006, 06:58 PM
Isn't there the same chance they could stumble upon your mule you don't play too often? D:

edit: dur, nevermind! offline chars. <_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2006-12-09 15:59 ]</font>

Ryno
Dec 9, 2006, 07:05 PM
i found glithes in my room by just running into things..especially at your open shop at the counter. there is a glith right there on the right corner where you can just run and nothings there in front and you are in one spot

McLaughlin
Dec 9, 2006, 07:08 PM
Tis not a glitch, but a hack.

Thank Broomop.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 07:11 PM
On 2006-12-09 16:08, Zeta wrote:
Tis not a glitch, but a hack.

Thank Broomop.

Backwards my good friend. Happened on jp servers way before broomop got ahold of psu.

McLaughlin
Dec 9, 2006, 07:16 PM
JP hackers never publicized the hack. Broomop's an attention whore.

Aegias
Dec 9, 2006, 07:18 PM
You know they get all the attention they want when people whine/take screens/post about them all the time right?
*star shoots across the post*
The more you know.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 07:18 PM
Mind posting proof?

Maridia
Dec 9, 2006, 07:47 PM
Careful guys, I don't want this moved to Cheaters. Or locked. If this is a real concern, people should be aware it can happen.

And yeah, I'd like some proof besides "It's a hack." While it could be, I hear that far too often nowadays and I'd like some sort of factual evidence please. :3

silvanas
Dec 9, 2006, 08:05 PM
facts but its something we shouldant be able to do thus its a hack dont question the sytem lol

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 08:08 PM
so, someone comes into their room at peak hours and gets thrown into someone else's room then leaves without taking anything. He/She is a hacker right? <.< ....

Skuda
Dec 9, 2006, 08:26 PM
On 2006-12-09 17:05, silvanas wrote:
facts but its something we shouldant be able to do thus its a glitch dont question the sytem lol

Para
Dec 9, 2006, 08:33 PM
The best thing to do is lock your room when you're online and unlock it when you're offline if you plan to sell stuff.

Skuda
Dec 9, 2006, 08:54 PM
I doubt locking will have any effect, since it will be recognized as 'their' room.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 09:00 PM
On 2006-12-09 17:33, Para wrote:
The best thing to do is lock your room when you're online and unlock it when you're offline if you plan to sell stuff.

reading... second.. post... arhhgjkdllsssss//////////////////

Diablohead
Dec 9, 2006, 09:04 PM
Someone on the 360 had this happen to them the other day right? I remember reading a post about all his items gone.

Im suprised sonic team / sega never took these overloading things into thought when coding the database and game... its pretty bad.

Para
Dec 9, 2006, 10:56 PM
On 2006-12-09 17:54, Skuda wrote:
I doubt locking will have any effect, since it will be recognized as 'their' room.

That's questionable Kuda.

This really depends on when it is recognized as their room or not. Is it when you click Yes to move to room that it instantly screws up the ownership or is it during the load?

Now usually if a room is locked, the lock mechanism comes before you actually make the move into the other player's room...

TheRealBoBcAt
Dec 9, 2006, 11:11 PM
Lies...............(cough)......LIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maridia
Dec 9, 2006, 11:17 PM
Para. The way it works, is that when you choose to go to your room, even if it's locked, you get in. Apparently at peak hours, the server sometimes mixes people up, sending them to a room that isn't theirs, but that they then gain control over as if it WAS their room. Thus bypassing the lock, as you would normally do if you were entering YOUR locked room. If that's the case, locking your room won't do a damn thing. You're just as liable to have it happen either way.

If it does happen, I hope it's someone nice and honest who will just leave right away <_<

VelosofLight
Dec 9, 2006, 11:19 PM
I'd laugh my ass off if I ended up in Broomop's room. I'd clean the bastard out, believe me.

Para
Dec 9, 2006, 11:22 PM
On 2006-12-09 20:17, Maridia wrote:
Para. The way it works, is that when you choose to go to your room, even if it's locked, you get in. Apparently at peak hours, the server sometimes mixes people up, sending them to a room that isn't theirs, but that they then gain control over as if it WAS their room. Thus bypassing the lock, as you would normally do if you were entering YOUR locked room. If that's the case, locking your room won't do a damn thing. You're just as liable to have it happen either way.

If it does happen, I hope it's someone nice and honest who will just leave right away <_<

Hmm ok I guess that sounds right... but I wonder what happens if the REAL owner of the room happens to be in their room? Nothing happens?

Diasuke-san
Dec 9, 2006, 11:25 PM
On 2006-12-09 20:19, VelosofLight wrote:
I'd laugh my ass off if I ended up in Broomop's room. I'd clean the bastard out, believe me.

your not the only one

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 11:25 PM
On 2006-12-09 20:22, Para wrote:

On 2006-12-09 20:17, Maridia wrote:

Hmm ok I guess that sounds right... but I wonder what happens if the REAL owner of the room happens to be in their room? Nothing happens?

arggghjkfdkf 2nd post >.> this is like a repeat of page one

Para
Dec 9, 2006, 11:29 PM
Yea sorry about that.. I need to read more clearly >_>

MXdude
Dec 9, 2006, 11:48 PM
I dont understand why peak hours would effect anything. I dont see the logic behind the servers only messing up during a certain time. Anyone care to explain?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-12-09 20:49 ]</font>

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 11:50 PM
On 2006-12-09 20:48, MXdude wrote:
I dont understand why peak hours would effect anything. I dont see the logic behind the servers only messing up during a certain time. Anyone care to explain?

More transfers to handle.

<3 Para >.>

MXdude
Dec 9, 2006, 11:53 PM
On 2006-12-09 20:50, Cav wrote:

On 2006-12-09 20:48, MXdude wrote:

More transfers to handle.

<3 Para >.>

Then all i have to say is sloppy coding.

Cav
Dec 9, 2006, 11:56 PM
Its sega, they are using gamegaurd, what did you expect <.<

VelosofLight
Dec 10, 2006, 12:10 AM
On 2006-12-09 20:56, Cav wrote:
Its sega, they are using gamegaurd, what did you expect <.<

Ummm.... ummm.... ummm....

Sexy Beasts? Eh, I'm fairly satisfied with PSU, even if it's a little buggy. What are the odds of my room getting robbed?

Maridia
Dec 10, 2006, 12:35 AM
Probably fairly low.

I'm fairly satisfied with PSU so far but it's what could potentially develop that worries me. I've seen Sega's "get up and go" towards glitches and hackers and the like. It got up and went years ago. They worry me, but all we can do it just play and have fun.

But yeah, the coding does need a bit of work. Hopefully they'll notice it and be able to adjust the server so it runs smoother at busy times.

VelosofLight
Dec 10, 2006, 12:57 AM
Apparently, earlier today, there were some hackers giving out 250k per person. That really doesn't bother me. The new stuff's so expensive that 250k will be gone in minutes. If that's the extent of it, I'd be happy.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 10, 2006, 02:04 AM
OK, i've heard a rumor of a glitch/hack that simulates a BSOD sending you to your room or a d/c, and empties your meseta on hand. Is it true?

I don't like leaving my meseta in my storage or PM, but losing it to a hack in a party is also troubling me. Any ideas on if this is true or not? The paranoia has gotten to me.

Cause_I_Own_U
Dec 10, 2006, 02:06 AM
Its not a hack you morons, when will you people learn

Its sega's shitty servers that are causing people's things to go missing, NOT WANNABE HACKERS OK?

Cav
Dec 10, 2006, 06:56 AM
On 2006-12-09 23:04, Garnet_Moon wrote:
OK, i've heard a rumor of a glitch/hack that simulates a BSOD sending you to your room or a d/c, and empties your meseta on hand. Is it true?

I don't like leaving my meseta in my storage or PM, but losing it to a hack in a party is also troubling me. Any ideas on if this is true or not? The paranoia has gotten to me.

I heard a rumor space aliens are using sega's servers as a beacon to cyber with newman Fs, causing this room glitch also.

Diablohead
Dec 10, 2006, 07:49 AM
Gameguard has nothing to do with the psu faults, back when psu launched in japan the server load was so high that people were getting other people's data when logging on, aka a totaly different list of characters on login, even IGN got this problem when playtesting psu final.

The myroom problem sounds related to stress also, something sega need to look into before it becomes widespread like the old character loading problem.

Cav
Dec 10, 2006, 02:22 PM
On 2006-12-10 04:49, Diablohead wrote:
Gameguard has nothing to do with the psu faults, back when psu launched in japan the server load was so high that people were getting other people's data when logging on, aka a totaly different list of characters on login, even IGN got this problem when playtesting psu final.

The myroom problem sounds related to stress also, something sega need to look into before it becomes widespread like the old character loading problem.

What I meant by the gamegaurd comment is, if they are cheap enough to use that, what makes you think they wouldn't skimp on the other stuff?

Itoshi
Dec 10, 2006, 02:46 PM
On 2006-12-10 11:22, Cav wrote:

On 2006-12-10 04:49, Diablohead wrote:

What I meant by the gamegaurd comment is, if they are cheap enough to use that, what makes you think they wouldn't skimp on the other stuff?

Heh heh, true true.

Gamegaurd protects nothing.

VelosofLight
Dec 10, 2006, 04:15 PM
Except that it used to close all my programs and stuff (Windows x64), does GameGuard actually do anything?