PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something? (possible story mode spoiler)

funkymunky46
Dec 9, 2006, 11:37 PM
In the online story mode mission The Masked Girl, Laia refers to Ethan as a wanted man. For an assassination attempt or something like that... When did this happen? I know he went against orders not to go to the HIVE, but I don't recall any attempt on the principals life... Did I miss this part of the story?

Para
Dec 9, 2006, 11:39 PM
Its probably part of the time skip from Episode I to Episode II

A2K
Dec 10, 2006, 12:33 AM
Remember that it's been several months since the end of Story Mode--suffice it to say some stuff has happened.

Collar
Dec 10, 2006, 09:47 AM
"I just did this one a few minutes ago and I can say that I'm truely impressed. Interesting developements, to say the least. I also like how your own avatar is used in the cutscenes and actually does more than just stand there.

Anyway, while on the subject, by chance does anyone know what the quest rewards are for S ranking each trial?

EDIT: "Blarg, nevermind. >_> Doesn't look like anything good. Boxes at end gave me a Dogma Drop, though. :D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collar on 2006-12-10 07:18 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Dec 10, 2006, 10:44 AM
(This is somewhat related, at least as far as the online story mission go. I've just been wanting to state this for a bit, so bear with me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

Ever since it was revealed that the HIVE was an online playable area, I'd been wondering how that could work since it was clearly destroyed by the AMF at the end of story mode. (Overkill laser fire!) I was happy to see that right when I started up Ch.1 of Ep.II, it was stated that scientists have been searching for other HIVEs that they suspect are out there. As such, that satellite research facility was not the only one the SEED took over. Simple solution, but I'm glad it was addressed as it takes care of one possible plot hole.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Forgot to say that this whole thing about Ethan attempting to murder Dallgun will more than likely be addressed in the upcoming chapters. I can't see something that major being ignored for too long. For once, I honestly don't know what will happen in the next chapters as I've not been doing translations of the Japanese story mode dialogue or even looking at too many screenshots from it. It's kind of nice when everything is a genuine surprise to me as I play it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2006-12-10 07:48 ]</font>