PDA

View Full Version : from ps2 to pc

l_Will_l
Dec 10, 2006, 12:22 AM
ok now i know i can use my ps2 char on pc because ive done it to idle. but how are the controls. i have it for both and installed on my new pc but the card isnt that good. never even thought to use my laptop which is better and im on that now. but ive never done any runs and am alittle worried about the aiming and what not considering when ur using fo weps u dont lock on. is it as simple as the analog or is it easier and what not. now u also have to remember that i cant go throught the process of changing controls on the laptop cause i dont have alphanumeric keys. so yeah i dunno. i just cant stand the whole kb and controller thing. wanna get one of those xbox 360 controllers for windows. would one of those work for the pc or laptop? i hate the ps2 lag. but then again not enough to not play http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ZiG
Dec 10, 2006, 12:26 AM
I use my 360 controller when I play my PC version. Works great... I can't stand the keyboard controls.

l_Will_l
Dec 10, 2006, 12:27 AM
i have 360 as well. i plugged it in to my pc before but it didnt work. did u buy the windows version or are u using the pc one?

Ermac
Dec 10, 2006, 12:32 AM
The controls for the PC arent too bad if you switch some stuff around. Sure it takes some time getting used to it but it works out in the end.

l_Will_l
Dec 10, 2006, 12:34 AM
lol yeah thats exactly how im thinkin. i originally got it for 360 then a system update from wonderful microsoft gave me a nice system error e71 so i got it for ps2 and pc. now im wondering if i have to get a windows 360 controller or if i can use an actual 360 controller and if theres a driver or anything i may need for it. i mean they are all usb regardless so i dunno.

l_Will_l
Dec 10, 2006, 01:08 AM
wow im in agata rite now doin a c run and this is hard as hell. is there anyone out there maybe could give me alittle training or possibly take me on a run lol i feel like a newb all over again... just lvl... 49 lol

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 10, 2006, 01:09 AM
I use the default controls and I have no problem with them, as soon as you're use to them, they're really easy to use

THE JACKEL

Aegias
Dec 10, 2006, 01:15 AM
I snagged a lil ten dollar USb port->playstation hook up from radioshack. Works like a charm, played with keyboard before, it wasnt bad but im never going back. I recomend it.

l_Will_l
Dec 10, 2006, 01:22 AM
awsome! yeah that sounds like the ticket to me. lol like 1/5 of the price of the windows 360 controller and usin the ps2 controller is like second nature already. thats great thanks alot man

PadTheMad
Dec 10, 2006, 09:05 AM
If you have a wired 360 controller just download the drivers from:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/download.mspx

A wired 360 controller and the windows 360 controller are EXACTLY the same, the only difference is the box for the windows controller is red and it comes with the driver on CD.

l_Will_l
Dec 10, 2006, 11:25 PM
so i cant use the wireless one with the wire to charge it eh?

MayLee
Dec 10, 2006, 11:29 PM
Your signature is really..huge..O-o

l_Will_l
Dec 10, 2006, 11:44 PM
yeah i shrunk it down on my laptop but it didnt really do the job lol. havnt taken the time to fix it yet lol. i downloaded and installed that controller program. i guess it dosent work with the wireless controllers connected with the cord. lol i got 3 wireless ones and just let my friend borrow the wired one

l_Will_l
Dec 10, 2006, 11:52 PM
lol ok hows that shrunk down even more. i dont know how it looks on anything else tho so im sorry if its too big lol

PadTheMad
Dec 11, 2006, 06:51 AM
No, using the wireless one with the cord doesn't work. All that succeeds in doing is charging your battery http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Microsoft are releasing an adaptor that lets you use the wireless pads on a PC, but for the time being you're best off either getting your wired pad back or sticking with the DualShock - PC adaptor http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

rena-ko
Dec 11, 2006, 07:52 AM
or a really cheap dualshock2 clone for pc. does the job for me and costed 9.74 € (yeah, apparently bought at walmart)

Hatecrime69
Dec 11, 2006, 01:01 PM
For me when i got psu for the pc i didn't even think about using a keyboard..bought a logitech rumblepad 2 (ps2 controller clone for the pc)..plugged it in, installed the drivers..just had to touch a few in-game settings and it's feeling great..best $30 spent on it

l_Will_l
Dec 11, 2006, 03:08 PM
see i want to play on pc more because it looks alot better on my lcd monitor than on my normal tv. but the keyboard is a pain to learn. but i just came on with cause i formatted my pc (runnin too slow, little bro got viruses) and for a brand new pc psu runs alittle on the slow side even with all the resolution changes and what not. so im thinkin when i go to buy more ram ill just look into a controller as well. im thinkin i may go with that ps2 variation for pc that way it will feel the exact same lol. i dunno thanks for the help anyways everyone