PDA

View Full Version : Inventing your own PA (not possible in the game yet)

Retsuya
Dec 10, 2006, 10:52 AM
I know I migth sound sad but in story mode you can get characters PA right. what if you can make your own set of PA? what would yours be like? Also I'm not just pointing at PA but Bullets and TECHS as well.

Kent
Dec 10, 2006, 01:59 PM
Bullets and Techniques are PAs. :/

I'd really like to bring back the Gi- techniques, as they were in PSO... As well as Grants. Maybe a Knuckle PA that's a rather long string of fast attacks...

PALRAPPYS
Dec 10, 2006, 02:03 PM
Hmm... a skill would be hard to make. You'd definitely have to have a variety of animations. XD I'd probably rather just make a spell. Long range resta! Heals one member, but they can be anywhere! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LocGaw
Dec 10, 2006, 02:04 PM
How about a TECH. that hits multiple target points on the same mob :/

Kent
Dec 10, 2006, 02:06 PM
Techniques need to be doing that, anyway. It's not like they aren't already severely limited in the number of targets they can hit, as it is...

DikkyRay
Dec 10, 2006, 02:07 PM
mine would be a combnation of a cat-girl and maid, making the ultimate loli...
oh wait... we arent talking about that....
Mine would be the Ultimate PM. Using grenade launchers and twin sabers, with the occasional resta. So what if its cheap? Hearing "Burn baby burn!" after using the grenadelauncher is an automatic wow!
"Ill also want her to say "Paralyze then approach it from behind!"

cobfab
Dec 10, 2006, 02:12 PM
how about adding burn, freeze, shock...etc to melee weapon PAs. and how about instead of just changing the color of your bullets when added with a bullet art, make it shoot some electricity out of the gun. We probably will never get to see guns that has a special attack like Heavens Punisher or a gun that shoots like C Bringer Rifle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cobfab on 2006-12-10 11:13 ]</font>

Banert
Dec 10, 2006, 02:19 PM
On 2006-12-10 11:12, cobfab wrote:
how about adding burn, freeze, shock...etc to melee weapon PAs. and how about instead of just changing the color of your bullets when added with a bullet art, make it shoot some electricity out of the gun. We probably will never get to see guns that has a special attack like Heavens Punisher or a gun that shoots like C Bringer Rifle.

QFT.

Add those effects to melee weapons too. I want my ice claw to have little crystals in it or something (maybe more of an effect the higher the elemental percent is).

Retsuya
Dec 11, 2006, 02:51 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to do a gunslinger dance? like how you shoot in Gungrave or Equlibrium...

I would like to add Gi-foie after the combo hit with spears and long swords. Knock your opponents back for another hit?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Retsuya on 2006-12-10 23:53 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Dec 11, 2006, 03:06 AM
New bullets exclusive to Guntecher, Figunner and Fortegunner for Twin Handguns.

Frozen Twins
Burning Twins
Thunder Twins
Earthen Twins
Shadow Twins
Holy Twins

When side-straffing and shooting, your regular walk animation is replaced with cartwheels to the left or right. When moving backwards you do a backflip and hold in the air to fire a few rounds before falling and repeating. When moving forward, you do the max payne dive jump while shooting.

A new Double Saber PA for Figunner.

Slice 'n Dice

Combo 1: Twirl the Double Saber like a baton and toss it into the air hitting up to 4 targets 4 times; twice for the toss, and twice for the catch.
Combo 2: Twirl the Double Saber in your hand from the right to the left hitting up to 4 targets 4 times; twice from right to left, and twice from left to right.
Combo 3: Grabs the Double Saber and separates it into a pair of blades and slashes all enemies in a 360 degree radius 6 times in a flurry of elegant hits from two sabers, with the 6th knocking everything down. Once the combo is over the Double Saber is put back together.

ZiG
Dec 11, 2006, 03:09 AM
A single PA for gunners that, when fired, creates a banker CAST who returns all the meseta you've ever spent by firing your guns. Oh, and then he runs over and girly slaps some monster before fading away.

Maskim
Dec 11, 2006, 03:21 AM
I'm not sure what the first two animations would be, but the third attack of my dual saber PA would be like Cervantes in Soul Edge/Calibre. Single target attack: Right saber plunged into the chest of enemy, followed by left saber, then whil rippin them out, in an excrutiating manner, a firm boot to the chest, sending the creature flying, knocking over enemies behind them in a linear manner.

EDIT:Was half asleep when I wrote this. Switchd double saber to Dual saber like I meant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maskim on 2006-12-11 13:20 ]</font>

Guts87
Dec 11, 2006, 03:46 AM
hmmmm chainn lightninnggg bullleeettsssss.... :L....

Tsudori
Dec 11, 2006, 04:34 AM
I would have to create a combo in the form of Lu Bu's musou from Dynasty Warriors with my spear. Just start swingin it above my head like crazy.

Guts87
Dec 11, 2006, 05:04 AM
hmmm, how about a combo that combines both guns and one hand weapon together?

imagine spinning with a dagger and shooting with your mech gun at the same time

Retsuya
Dec 11, 2006, 05:51 AM
cool cool
you know the cut scenes in the story mode where Eithan went against Tylor, Head master NAV, Karren and Magashi? they where doing those cool moves... I would like to see an actual PA for online.

With a single saber imagine doing a quick stance attack
from the hips the first and second strike as a slash, the third slash the opponent upwards then to finish it off the fourth slice is a dash through.

Zorafim
Dec 11, 2006, 03:42 PM
Spear PA: First strike is a thrust that propells you forward (like tornado dance, but only about ten feet or so), second hit is a spin with your spear (more like tornado slash), then the last hit is a jump with an AoE knockback effect (like the last hit of the non-silly looking claw PA).
It may not be effective, but at least it'd be pretty.

Does this mean I'm a geek now?

Laranas
Dec 11, 2006, 03:46 PM
I'd like to just see you be able to put basic techs on Strk weaponry. Like how the Elysion in PSO could shoot a Foie with it's Special Attack.

FenixStryk
Dec 11, 2006, 03:46 PM
I'd say a Shotgun Bullet that ricochets off of enemies, like Slicers. Everything else I can think of is already in game. (Megid bullet, HP Leech bullet, Explosive bullet, Less HP = More ATP bullet)

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 11, 2006, 04:09 PM
I'd like to be able to put more than one skill on a two handed melee weapon. The two handed staff gets 4 techs, why can't a two handed spear get 2 PAs?

THE JACKEL

Zorafim
Dec 11, 2006, 04:13 PM
Multiple PAs on a single weapon? I do believe you broke the game.

Also, having techs on weapons would be quite nice. Though, unless going back to the multiple PAs on a single weapon thing, you'd have to replace the PA of the weapon to do it.
Resta swords and megid claws would be neat, though.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 11, 2006, 04:15 PM
multiple PAs only on two handed weapons hit up and it changes to the other PA. This would not break the game. In fact you'd carry less weapons because one can do two PAs but you'd have less PP to do it with.

If a force can have 4 techs on one rod, why can't my spear have 2 PAs?

THE JACKEL

FenixStryk
Dec 11, 2006, 04:16 PM
Oh, almost forgot a couple obvious ones.
"Extra damage/drains HP" bullet.
"Extra damage/drains meseta" bullet.

Laranas
Dec 11, 2006, 04:18 PM
Maybe it could work like Skills in Tales games... instead of having a tech on the PA, it would just be an elemental skill availible to Force-types (ie. Wartecher). That way he can still use his limited TP without being entirely weak.

Ravennittes
Dec 11, 2006, 04:18 PM
Fenix, those may be coming.

I'd like a technique where i can launch nukes at monsters or something... Screw megid muahahaha.

Maskim
Dec 11, 2006, 04:24 PM
On 2006-12-11 02:04, Guts87 wrote:

That would be very cool. Like instead of weapon specific PAs, they should do some class specific ones. Fortefighter busts out a spear, does some dus dagas, and follows up with whipping out the axe for the jump. Figunner goes crazy with double saber, then the kick, while enemies are flying away from the kick, whips out pair of pistols and fills them full of photon-lead.

EDIT: not that one can't already do this by simply switching weapons, but it just seems like it'd be cool for a PA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maskim on 2006-12-11 13:26 ]</font>

Numnuttz
Dec 11, 2006, 04:26 PM
how about a spell that shoots out monsters. now wouldnt that be interesting.

Ryoten
Dec 11, 2006, 04:26 PM
Check my sig.

TheStoicOne
Dec 11, 2006, 04:33 PM
On 2006-12-11 13:16, FenixStryk wrote:

So charge, and berserk http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif?

Itsuki
Dec 11, 2006, 09:33 PM
On 2006-12-11 13:33, TheStoicOne wrote:

On 2006-12-11 13:16, FenixStryk wrote:

So charge, and berserk http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif?

Except there ARE Charge and Berserk bullets in PSU... or atleast there will be in a couple days on the JP servers. Its know that crossbows will have a berserk bullet, which I think combos wonderfully with a resta wand on a guntecher.

VelosofLight
Dec 11, 2006, 09:35 PM
On 2006-12-11 02:04, Guts87 wrote:

I was going to say that. Heh. I want one where I take my dagger, knife a target in the head, jump into the air, kick them in the chest sending them flying back, and then backflip, landing on top of them and shooting them in the head a half-dozen times. That'd be kickin'.

DizzyDi
Dec 11, 2006, 10:56 PM
I find it funny how the topic says "yet" like this will ever be implemented.

THE DIZ MAN

XHunter
Dec 11, 2006, 10:56 PM
I got one...a chain attack with multiple weapons....Knuckles, then single claw, and finally end with an axe..

and it would go something like this....six superfast punches to the gut...finally end with a uppercut to send them flying in the air....switch to single claw jumps in the air, character disappears and you see the enemy's body getting hit with 4 slashes, crossing through his body(you do not see yourself in the process only the slashes of the claw)...Finally the enemy falls and you see the character reappear falling from the sky wielding an axe...and smashes it straight down...horizontally.

Ultimate combo...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

VanHalen
Dec 11, 2006, 11:04 PM
TECHS: i poison(or firework) tech that you scatter like powder from you(insert technique weapon of your choice) and blows up with a status effect but if you stand too close you get the staus effect also

PA: with the sword: lvl:1-10 knock opponent in the air lvl 11-20: bash repeatly with sword(4 hits) lvl:21-30 stomp and then kick (enemy slides across ground) i call it "Fury Break"

Merumeru
Dec 12, 2006, 06:09 AM
Anything with insane DPS would be wonderful, I'm talking as fast or faster than the machinegun >D perhaps a drill-type PA ala Summon Night or just ridiculously fast slashes with a katana XD eh but im being unrealistic here

Kanore
Dec 12, 2006, 06:44 AM
in before someone says 'LOL OMNISLASH FOR DOUBLE HANDED SWORDS PLOX'

-Ryuki-
Dec 12, 2006, 06:46 AM
What about a "Meteor Rising"?

First part would be the upward slash from "Rising Strike", and then the gun would automatically aim at them while in the air and load three-five shots (5 shots at lvl 21).

That would be cool.

Realmz
Dec 12, 2006, 08:11 AM
not so much a PA but more like an added ability for war techers.

Wartechers can now equip wands in the off hand.

tadaaaa

also hunters baing able to cause SE's? bye bye rangers D:

Nayte
Dec 12, 2006, 11:07 AM
CloudPlayer runs up to his opponent and unleashes a series of 15 sword attacks all deadly. Then he finishes it all off with a giant leap and a downward slash. This can be used on a single enemy or on a group but either way it is the most powerful attack in the game hands down.

Oh wait, heres another:

CloudPlayer creates a whirlwind that swipes enemies into oblivion. The enemy party will either suffer immediate death or fall to the ground and suffer extreme damage. Larger enemies and bosses will always fall. Save this limit breakPA for a group, if you use it on one enemy its a total waste of a limit break.PA

Pengfishh
Dec 12, 2006, 12:10 PM
I thought it would be special just to be able to mix and match the different Skill combo levels. Equip them in some order so as to customize Skill PAs even more. What I mean is, take the first combo of Buten Shuren-zan, for example, and instead of the second combo from it, have the second of Shunbu Shouren-zan.

But! Meh.