PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Why does no one use voice chat?

Sekani
Dec 10, 2006, 11:26 AM
Seriously, probably close to three-quarters of the players I come across don't use the mic at all. I hate typing because my keyboard's cord is too short and I have to sit right in front of the TV to use it. Besides, if I wanted to type all the time I could've just played the PC version. Why do people even play on the 360 if they're not gonna talk?

Pe-es-oh
Dec 10, 2006, 11:49 AM
PSU isn't really the perfect game for voice chat.

I am on ps2, but if i played 360 i would probaly type...

silvanas
Dec 10, 2006, 11:56 AM
i know what you mean its gotten to the point where i will harass people who's partner card i have if they wanna do some runs because noone is talking.

MayLee
Dec 10, 2006, 12:20 PM
Most the people I play with have Mics. I use Mics, some people have no mics and some have no keyboard. =

MontyNice
Dec 10, 2006, 12:26 PM
I have a mic but for some odd reason when there is more than 4 ppl in the party my voice cuts out. I like typing anyway...

But what ppl dont realize is that I can hear them so I can respond to what they are saying... but ignorant ppl that boot ppl cause of no mic or not sayin anything are stupid...

Ronzeru
Dec 10, 2006, 12:40 PM
Yea thats why. When more than 4 people come in, the voice chat for some of us chops out. Then the people with mics start bitching about our voices being too choppy, so we have to stop talkin' anyways. So usually when we are in large parties, we don't even bother using the mic. We can hear you, and respond just as well. So talk all you want. We'll just type in response, and that won't hurt you any, will it?

MayLee
Dec 10, 2006, 12:49 PM
I don't really care if people use mics or not, sometimes some people are really talkative with them and it gets annoying, like a guy I ran into last night..

"Hey, MayLee, Hey MayLee Hey Maylee, Hey MayLee" W

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! O_O

Sekani
Dec 10, 2006, 12:54 PM
On 2006-12-10 09:40, Ronzeru wrote:
We'll just type in response, and that won't hurt you any, will it?

YES IT WILL

silvanas
Dec 10, 2006, 01:03 PM
it would just be nice to have some conversation while doing some runs, it just makes it more interesting

Sekani
Dec 10, 2006, 01:12 PM
I'm gonna have to get some of you guys' cards one day.

MontyNice
Dec 10, 2006, 01:16 PM
Someone has to explain where the real problem is with not talking. It doesnt make any sense why there would be a problem with no talking.

I want to say that only the ppl that have played PSU have that problem but I dont kno that for sure. I had PSO on DC and all we had was a keyboard. No one complained then... so why complain now? Yes, I kno the chat is available now but if we can talk with 1 person talkin and 1 person typing there's nothing lost...

Help me out here...

silvanas
Dec 10, 2006, 01:20 PM
i dont mind someone typeing responces but if they start priotiseing typeing over fighting then its a problem, and my card is avalable to anyone who wants it infact if you talk id like to get your card.

Sekani
Dec 10, 2006, 01:25 PM
Too many posts for one day, I hate being bored....

On 2006-12-10 10:16, MontyNice wrote:
Someone has to explain where the real problem is with not talking. It doesnt make any sense why there would be a problem with no talking.

I want to say that only the ppl that have played PSU have that problem but I dont kno that for sure. I had PSO on DC and all we had was a keyboard. No one complained then... so why complain now? Yes, I kno the chat is available now but if we can talk with 1 person talkin and 1 person typing there's nothing lost...

Help me out here...

The problem isn't so much that people are just quiet, but they don't even have a headset. If they don't have a headset, then they can't hear voice chat at all (if there's a way around this I don't know it yet). If they can't hear voice chat, then I'm stuck using the keyboard to communicate with people.

Sure, you can get by using the "Hello" and "Thank you" shortcuts with the controller, but that's not much fun.

Sychosis
Dec 10, 2006, 01:27 PM
You can set voice chat to output through your speakers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-12-10 10:28 ]</font>

SnickersFO
Dec 10, 2006, 01:56 PM
simple as this - 360 mic.s suck balls.
I have 3 of them and all of them make this annoying ass static noise, therefore I mute it and type with my keyboard.

Blenjar
Dec 10, 2006, 02:01 PM
Im lazyyy

-- Blen

EC_Subbie
Dec 10, 2006, 04:08 PM
Sometimes I don't, but most of the time I use my mic. Some times I just don't feel like talking and want to delierously/mindlessly kill things with my fake NPC online players. There's also only so much to talk about... I mean..when you do the same missions, same enemies over and over and over again..what is there to talk about? New jobs..ok..new weapons..yea...but it gets old...and everyone gets bored again. There's no tactics to use, no strategy/planning to discuss..just mindless killing.

VelosofLight
Dec 10, 2006, 04:14 PM
Maybe 'cause all the guys are girls and all the girls are guys, but they don't want you to know that? Ionno, that's one theory. Or maybe they got throat cancer and can't speak without an electric voicebox.