PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Trying to register for PSU @playsega. No email(yet).

Turbobrain
Dec 10, 2006, 11:53 AM
I am in the UK. I got the PS2 version of PSU. I want to go online. I have PSO on XBox.... it was pretty straight forward.

I went to http://www.platsega.com, clicked on the PSU link. I filled out the online form that asked me to create a name and password, name, country, phone number*) and so on.

I submitted the form and I got a message saying like I was registered and I would get an email. I used my hotmail addres.... I hope that`s ok. That was yesterday- Saturday. I would have thought it would be automated and I`d recieve an email with a link taking me to another page to enter my credit card details.

In any case I still have not recieved any email. I tried going online on PSU anyway and the username/password failed!

Can anyone help me out here? How long it normally takes? Maybe it's not automated and as I submitted it yesterday nobodys working?

Any advice/help would be really appreciated. I so want to get online on PSU. Cheers!

Solo_Wing
Dec 10, 2006, 12:36 PM
Try going back to playsega and login using the details you signed up with, from the website there should be a link saying new subscription along the top click on that to pay for your gaurdians liscence if i remeber right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solo_Wing on 2006-12-10 09:38 ]</font>

Turbobrain
Dec 10, 2006, 12:53 PM
I tried that! I went back to playsega and tried to log in using my details(either playsega user name or email address used in the sign up form). I got a message saying something along the lines that either my details were incorrect or that the account was waiting activation.

A shot in the dark here but there are some supports phone numbers for sega in the instructions. I never called these numbers ever but maybe someone there may be able to helpD).

Jusr checked my hotmail address again. Nothing. Hope free mail addresses are ok. Maybe a system thing at segas end? I dunno!

I know I bought a new PS2 with ethernet just to play this game... counted the days for the UK release... now stuck at the last hurdle.

Just wondering, how long did this take for anyone else in your location?

lordzanon
Dec 10, 2006, 12:55 PM
i do not recall having to wait for an email to put in my credit card to pay, i did it all directly on the site (does sound more secure that way doesnt it).

also why not go to the official site http://phantasystaruniverse.com/index.php ythen click on the guardian express icon.

Kura_Kai
Dec 10, 2006, 01:02 PM
Hotmail has some issues with accepting automated messages for some odd reason. See if there is an option to resend it or something. If not I can always send you a gmail invitation I know gmail doesn't have issues and you would have to redo it all though.

drakkula
Dec 10, 2006, 01:28 PM
if u have a hotmail email try to take a look at your bin, rubbish, garbage stuff...whatever its called lol...

if its not there, try to register again at playsega but this time by using another email address, otherwise u wont be able to get your registration done.....

fay
Dec 10, 2006, 02:06 PM
the e mail will b in ur junk e mail box

hotmail always do it. i havent signed up since i dont have a creadit card and its reallly annoyin.
when i sign up for things like this u should get the email almost instantly, so if u dont get the message sayin u got it then there is a very high possibility of it bein in junk

Turbobrain
Dec 10, 2006, 02:21 PM
On 2006-12-10 10:02, Kura_Kai wrote:
Hotmail has some issues with accepting automated messages for some odd reason. See if there is an option to resend it or something. If not I can always send you a gmail invitation I know gmail doesn't have issues and you would have to redo it all though.

Thanks, I would appreciate it. I am using my Nintendo DS browser at my friends house. He has every console but no PC. DS browser works suprisngly good with most web apps and encoding. I just mention this if gmail has some uber encryption engine!

But yeah- I tried changing hotmails spam settings, tried re-registering at playsega and no email. I guess it must have filtered it out.

Saying that could you email me the invite? My email is snet888 at hotmail/co/uk (replace those with the proper punctuation) I do have a `proper` email address on my home pc but forgot the pswd to access it remotelyO)

/edit Arislan
Changed your mail so that you don't get smacked by spam bots. Up to you whether you want to take it completely out or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2006-12-10 11:33 ]</font>