PDA

View Full Version : Where should I grind for meseta?

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2006, 04:33 PM
I'm level 16 now, almost level 17. I can't keep up with things I need to buy. My only good weapon is an up to date non-grinded yohmei spear. I'm using a Megaline with a Mega / knight slot. I want to buy my SUV, the next armor set, some new weapons (daggers, mostly), and maybe something to add to my room or give to my PM. Grinders would be nice, too.

What runs should I do to maximize my profit? I hear Parum relics are good. Should I stick to doing its C rank repeatedly? Should I group up or solo?
Also, grinding seems a little different online than off. How do I obtain grinders?

Nani-chan
Dec 10, 2006, 04:39 PM
On 2006-12-10 13:33, Zorafim wrote:
Also, grinding seems a little different online than off. How do I obtain grinders?

I was sure both grinder boards were sold at the synthesis shop in gaurdian colony, the base material is also there or can be found on missions. C base material is a common drop.

Solo whatever you think is best also. Parum is popular since the koltovas and polties are wimpy.
The reason to solo is to get all the items or to get stuff like mates replaced for free. Parties is often more fun and for faster class rank up.

Nanosilica is not worth much now since Relics became popular. I can sell it around 175-200 though, and nanocarbon is still 2k-2.5k I think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-12-10 13:42 ]</font>

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2006, 04:50 PM
Hm, do you think I should forget about my armory for now and focus on weaponry? Should I get a high level before attempting to get higher grade armors? I figure megaline should be enough for now, though some added defense would really help.

As for grinding, which grinders should I use at what grind levels? I don't want to go beneath "no falure", since I don't have the funds to replace what I lost, but I do want a decent weapon.

Carbinne
Dec 10, 2006, 04:55 PM
If you're worried about getting failures, stop even thinking of grinding, sell your stuff and just buy a pre-ground weapon. Eventually you will need to start spending a pretty penny on high-end grinders just to get a 'high' rate of success, so don't even think you can get away with 100% success rates, at least for now.

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2006, 05:15 PM
I can't grind my weapon to, say, +2 or +4 at a greater than 90% chance?

Clone365
Dec 10, 2006, 05:24 PM
grind and forget... rinse and repeat... and at your level you should go do runs in the holy grounds at Egam... if you have decent dark weapons that is...

Nani-chan
Dec 10, 2006, 05:28 PM
When you grind you should always be able to replace what is lost.

A good grinding system for gun and rods is this. (melee is rougher since you can lose the elemental %)Have 2+ weapons of the same type. Grind all evenly until one breaks. When one breaks stop.

On a luck 3 day you can probably get to +2 easily (85% I guess). I'd say +4 is 75%, +6 is around 50-60%. Then it starts going down less than 50, which is rough.

Megaline is pretty good, I upgraded to Gigaline. Think it's 45k on npc now. My future armor plan is either Hardline, Phantom line, or Sori-senba. All are 210k-360k.. I want a extra slot for SUV so armor choice is limiting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-12-10 14:38 ]</font>

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2006, 05:34 PM
At the moment, I can't really bother much with elements, though I'd love to not have to lug this green around. Would the holy grounds still be a decent place? Isn't the holy ground the area with all those exploding robots?

Maskim
Dec 10, 2006, 05:35 PM
On 2006-12-10 14:28, Nani-chan wrote:

On a luck 3 day you can get to +2 easily (100% even with lowly +1 grinders). I'd say +4 is 75%, +6 is around 50-60%. Then it starts going down less than 50, which is rough.

Fixed the info given.

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2006, 05:37 PM
I thought so. Offline, I could normally get a weapon to lv3 or 4 without any risk. Then I break it on very high chance.
Offline, you always have lv3 luck, so i figured it would be the same here.

Maskim
Dec 10, 2006, 05:41 PM
Well, you get 100% on lvl 3 luck days for the first 2 grinds. After that, it's not too likely to break up to (4) and I usually take mine to (5)...but it happens, and we've all lost more than a few weapons. As long as you're not in a position to replace random equipments at the drop of a hat, stick with grinding to (2).

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2006, 05:46 PM
Got'cha.

Now I need to know what to do with the rest of my equipment...

Jasam
Dec 10, 2006, 05:54 PM
by 20 I had open shop, megaline, grom Buster, 4 3* twin Stingers and 4 3* lances (all in light, dark, ground and fire elements).
My advice is to buy armour from playershops, and to either synth your own weapons or Buy from player shops.
I do NOT recomend grinding lower end weapons, by the time you have a decently self ground 3* weapon, you will be wanting to move onto 5/6* weapons.
And yeah, Relecs C is a good one to run, solo if you can (take your NPC, just make sure to boot it if its life gets low/return to city). S ranks get you 600 meseta, 6 Mission points probably the easyest plce to make mesta at your level.

Nani-chan
Dec 10, 2006, 05:57 PM
I think either rafel or grom is best if you want a SUV to hit a single target for more damage. (line attack) I like Sturm more than hegel for hitting allot of onscreen targets. (sturm can even hit monsters behind the character and has a 2nd wave)

Cav
Dec 10, 2006, 06:10 PM
On 2006-12-10 14:35, Maskim wrote:

On 2006-12-10 14:28, Nani-chan wrote:

On a luck 3 day you can get to +1 with 100% success ( even with lowly +1 grinders). To get 100% with +2 on lvl 3 luck youd need a +9 grinder for B weapons. I'd say +4 is 75%, +6 is around 50-60%. Then it starts going down less than 50, which is rough.

Fixed the info given.

double fixed

Warnen
Dec 10, 2006, 07:10 PM
I made 20k today doing nuedaz C runs (and hitting the relic mission 2 or so) with my cat eared lolibot. Gotta make about 360k+ before I get to my expert class (Need to get hunter to 10, only at 8 and lvl 34). Only gotta do that 18 more times lol. Want to at least get enough for a A rank Twin Dagger and Spear before I get to my expert class.

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2006, 08:56 PM
May I ask what make the Parum relics so special? After a lot of work, I only managed to pick up 2k meseta, not including drops. Is there something I'm missing?

DoubleJG
Dec 10, 2006, 09:28 PM
Best way to get easy meseta is grab a Railgun, head over to your local GRM shop and hold the shopkeepers up. Bound to get a good easy meseta or two by doing that.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 10, 2006, 09:32 PM
best I've found is valley of carnage C

THE JACKEL

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2006, 09:46 PM
Where is Valley of Carnage?

JAR
Dec 10, 2006, 10:11 PM
Moatoob, it's one of the two missions at the launching point in town.

PMB960
Dec 11, 2006, 12:50 AM
The special thing about Relics on Parum is the nanocarbons. They are used in making lots of thing and sell for alot. I had trouble making meseta too until I opened my shop and made 40K my first day. It is a really good idea to open a shop and do tons of Relics runs. Not only does it give good exp. but you can get tons of items that you can sell in your shop for 1.5K a piece.

Zorafim
Dec 11, 2006, 03:25 AM
Hm, well I just bought my SUV, so I guess I'd be better off than before. Since I can solo rather easily now, I think I'll check out all the C ranks and see if there's anything else that wasn't in extra mode.