PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it? (Expert class choice)

Nestahima
Dec 10, 2006, 05:01 PM
So...

I really like bows, and I really like CASTs. Since CASTs have high ATA, I figured it might be a good idea to do a FOcast and turn it into a Fortecher, to get S-Rank bows. Would this be completely silly, or would I be better off as a CAST Guntecher using A-Rank bows?

EDIT: Or would I be creating the biggest gimp ever?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nestahima on 2006-12-10 14:06 ]</font>

Carbinne
Dec 10, 2006, 05:07 PM
It's not bad considering the power of bows at the moment. Spells won't be the best, but you can heal yourself. That by itself is a huge perk. Fortetecher is just a bad choice in general for a CAST since the main focus is on TP, which CASTS are lousy at. Not that you couldn't do it, but if you're going to make such a oddball choice then you should be aware of the consequences.

McLaughlin
Dec 10, 2006, 05:07 PM
That great thing about this game is that player skill > stats.

Do as you please.

Nestahima
Dec 10, 2006, 05:08 PM
This is what worries me:

Fortecher
Lvl 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
ATA 50% 51% 52% 53% 54% 55% 56% 57% 58% 60%

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nestahima on 2006-12-10 14:09 ]</font>

Pe-es-oh
Dec 10, 2006, 05:10 PM
I think lv 30 bullets is more usefull then techs. with guntecher you can heal and stuff like that AND have a powerfull bow. I don't think you need Srank to be powerfull.

Clone365
Dec 10, 2006, 05:11 PM
Well if your realy into the bows i would go for the Focast. Plus Focasts are quite rare, so you would be in the minority... MINORITIES FTW

Nestahima
Dec 10, 2006, 05:13 PM
Well I think I'm going to do a FOcast of some sort either way, I just want to know whether or not a Fortecher or a Guntecher would be the better choice.

Clone365
Dec 10, 2006, 05:15 PM
My bad, i would go fortecher for the sranks and also the uber magica^_^

Agne
Dec 10, 2006, 05:31 PM
i do agree with zeta.. when i first switched to figunner, i was lvl 43 (i know it's a low level for a launch player but i'm just kinda chillin and savoring every bit of this game) and i felt so weak after getting beat down all over the place that later i spent even more money to switch to the fortefighter. After playing with the ff for a while, (which still had gimped stats but not as bad) i had gotten used to the gimped stats and thought that i would go give fg one more try before i give up the idea of a beast figunner forever.

After playing a few rounds i realized why i had been getting owned... i was playing a figunner like it was a hunter, which i know this will sound amazing.. it's not. after adjusting my playing style just a little bit i have found my calling...

A BEAST FIGUNNER!!! i know bad accuracy.. i know.. but once you get used to what hits are the most likey to land, it's really not too bad, especially when they are lying on the ground or flying in the air. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Plus those flying guys aren't nearly the nuisance they once were, and i get to be putting some hurt on a group as i advance making them a little bit weaker than a normal encounter. But most of all i love knocking a group of enemies up in the air with the 1 handed blade then bringin em back to earth with a little bit of machin-gun photon up the butt, only for them to see the first few hits of my double dagger pa as they are getting up, just to be lifted back up in the air with my dual blades pa and then finally finishing them all off (if they're not already dead) with a nice little bit of 1 handed dagger full blown pa ownage. PP costly.. yes.. devastatingly delicious.. OH HELL YEAH!!!

well that's my take on it.. i guess the morale of the story is... if there was an expert class you wanted but didn't take it b/c of initial impressions, maybe give it another go.. maybe you just weren't playing right for that class.

Randomness
Dec 10, 2006, 06:29 PM
On 2006-12-10 14:08, Nestahima wrote:
This is what worries me:

Fortecher
Lvl 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
ATA 50% 51% 52% 53% 54% 55% 56% 57% 58% 60%

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nestahima on 2006-12-10 14:09 ]</font>

Which ticks me off. I lost half my ATA and wont be using cards for a while. (Unless I can get a Kikamic)

Itsuki
Dec 10, 2006, 06:46 PM
Heres a few numbers for you:

A male Cast level 60 Guntecher level 10 has over a Fortecher level 10:
175 more atp
238 more ata (fortecher only has 142 ata)

Now, consider the fact that it takes 142 ata to equip a 9 star bow. At 70 you should have 161 to 162, Who says you'll even be able to equip a shiny new bow by then? And by the the difference is going to be 190atp and 270 ata. Is your shiny bow going to make up for the 190 atp and 270 ata difference?

Simply put, if you want to use bows, Guntecher is really the way to go. Or even Wartecher.

VanHalen
Dec 10, 2006, 06:48 PM
On 2006-12-10 14:07, Zeta wrote:
That great thing about this game is that player skill > stats.

Do as you please.

i couldnt agree with you more

Itsuki
Dec 10, 2006, 07:26 PM
But, as its been said many many times. Player skill + stats is even better.

Deja
Dec 10, 2006, 07:34 PM
Guntecher, no doubt. You'd own. Plus I wouldn't expect Srank bows for like...ever. The drop in ATA you'd take just to equip them would hurt, and in the end the ATA and ATP of Guntecher with A rank bows will OWN the ATA and ATP of Fortetecher with Srank bows.

FenixStryk
Dec 10, 2006, 08:23 PM
Don't go Fortetecher for S-rank bows. The huge hit you take in ATP and ATA just for S-ranks isn't worth it. Instead, go Guntecher and use A-rank bows, or just abandon bows entirely for a Fortegunner's Rifle and clearly superios ATP and ATA boosts.

Yes, I know that if this was a perfect world and Fortegunners could use S-rank Bows and S-rank Rifles, that bows would be the better choice, but for now, you take a HUGE hit in your stats to use S-rank bows, since only Fortetechers can use them. You're better off taking the stat boost and going with the "weaker" weapon.

MegaBUD
Dec 10, 2006, 09:23 PM
Well... if your using magic stay with fortetecher.... if not go with guntecher... (healing+buff FTW!)

happy_cricket
Dec 10, 2006, 09:58 PM
On 2006-12-10 14:10, Pe-es-oh wrote:
I think lv 30 bullets is more usefull then techs. with guntecher you can heal and stuff like that AND have a powerfull bow. I don't think you need Srank to be powerfull.

I thought Fortetecher got lvl 30 bullets too....

Careful
Dec 10, 2006, 10:11 PM
Yes because a skillful level 1 force is way better then a unskillful level 60 fortecher. The force would totally outdamage the fortecher no matter what because the fortecher has 0 skill in the game.

Or a level 10 beast hunter wearing all S ranks but unskillful will get pwned by a skillful level 9 beast with crappy gear.

Gamemako
Dec 11, 2006, 12:40 AM
Guntecher is much more skilled with bows than fortetecher. You'll do more damage with A-rank bows than fortetechers do with S-ranks bows.