PDA

View Full Version : PSO IS REAL LIFE

Sedyne
Nov 24, 2002, 11:11 AM
ok so no it isn't but in theory here's an example of why it resembles real life.

Mind Materials=Book
we use a mind material and we grow stronger with our mind

we read a book we know more of how to act on a given situation

Leveling Up

When we fight/act upon somthing we gain exp.

If you get into a street fight, you gain exp. And you become better at evading your enemy and learn frmo it.

Just a little analysis theory was thinking of while playing pso this morniong lol. It's a little stupid but h wel =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SedyneX930 on 2002-11-24 12:04 ]</font>

Vejita
Nov 24, 2002, 11:13 AM
Weapons
better with fighting monsters with than with your hands

if you have a knife and get into a street fight, you're likely to win blahahaha

Mags
Mags are like pets, you feed them, and they do good things for you (uh...dogs bring you your slippers)

I'm just waiting for my cat to shoot out a gigantic Photon Dolphin or Snake

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vejita on 2002-11-24 08:18 ]</font>

Ness
Nov 24, 2002, 01:10 PM
Mags
They are like pets. If you don't treat them right they will run away.

Online play
In PSO you have buddies to cover your back in battle.

In real life you have buddies to cover your back in battle.

SuperSubZero
Nov 24, 2002, 03:15 PM
I've read some books that haven't done anything for my mind. In fact, I've read stuff that has been purposely written to persuade the reader into believing something that isn't true.

I've done physical activity that has done nothing for my body. In fact, I've been in situations where my body or another person's has been injured and the result isn't usually more experience. It's only alot of pain.

Shadow_Blade
Nov 24, 2002, 03:44 PM
Oh my god Sed, go outside and get some air...@_@

Naer
Nov 24, 2002, 04:46 PM
PSO
It's like a game we play in RL! OMG!

NiGHTS
Nov 24, 2002, 05:28 PM
Get this...

In PSO you can walk or run, in real life you can walk or run.

In PSO you can hold a sword (if you have one), in real life you can hold a sword (if you have one).

In PSO you can pick items up off the floor, in real life you can pick things up from the floor.

In PSO you can talk to people, in real life you can talk to people.

AMAZING! I'm sure anyone who reads this post and doesn't have PSO already is sure to get it now!

Shrevn
Nov 24, 2002, 05:29 PM
Well whats dark faltz then? Your boss lol

NiGHTS
Nov 24, 2002, 05:29 PM
Get this...

In PSO you can walk or run, in real life you can walk or run.

In PSO you can hold a sword (if you have one), in real life you can hold a sword (if you have one).

In PSO you can pick items up off the floor, in real life you can pick things up from the floor.

In PSO you can talk to people, in real life you can talk to people.

AMAZING! I'm sure anyone who reads this post and doesn't have PSO already is sure to get it now!

Sedyne
Nov 24, 2002, 08:43 PM
On 2002-11-24 14:29, wobba wrote:
Well whats dark faltz then? Your boss lol

ROFLMAO

Al-Rappy
Nov 24, 2002, 09:09 PM
Wow, interesting topic. I regard PSO as real life because... it practically is my life. I have hardly any friends in real life, so I resort to talking and hanging out with the PSO NPC's. Lol, just kidding... sorta.

ReikenFeralsbane
Nov 24, 2002, 09:26 PM
cept in real life you cant walk through your friends and hitting a bunch of enemis with a spread gun or sword without hitting a comrade would prove more difficult http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Plus if someone snagged an item you wanted you could try to punch theyre lights out for it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Eum
Nov 24, 2002, 10:19 PM
On 2002-11-24 18:26, ReikenFeralsbane wrote:
cept in real life you cant walk through your friends

Nonsense! I walk through my friends all of the time. I think you hang around the wrong type of people. >.>

Blue147
Nov 24, 2002, 10:35 PM
Wow this is a weird topic but funny.thier are jerks in pso and in realy life lol siting in a char made out of photon energy i do that all the time like right now lol o and don't forget the pcycopathic monsters that try to kill very thing that moves lol and the ablity to make ice lighting and fire out of our hands o and runing with out ever haveing to stop to rest and androids cant forget those i saw one buying spare parts at the auto shop last week lol and we dont have to ever sleepy or eat or go to the bathroom lol pso is just like real life isnt it amazing lmao.

Sapphire87
Nov 24, 2002, 11:18 PM
Just like in PSO, I:

1. Take two steps walking before I run.

2. Bob up and down quickly when I'm standing still.

3. Do a three swing combo when I rake my leaves.

4. When I enter a dark room at home to turn on the lights, I look over my shoulder for spawning enemies.

5. Could "swear" I'm hearing a whizzing noise whenever someone enters the room.

6. Keep sticking my hand in the mailbox and wondering why the garage door won't open.

7. Never carry cash in my wallet for fear of it falling out if I get in an accident.

FluxGryphon
Nov 25, 2002, 02:48 AM
lol

There are some posts here that are damn funny...or damn scary if they were meant to be taken seriously. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

(Speaking seriously...)
It shouldn't be surprising that a game can be related to reality - particularly an RPG. After all, everyone is familiar with reality (sometimes it's actually harder to figure out what *is not* real). Entertainment in general has moved more and more into realism in this modern era than ever before. Phantasy Star has come from pixelated super-deformed character animations to full-fledged 3D graphics and animations. Of course it's more real.

But it still isn't reality. As a game and a means of interaction, it is a chunk of reality. It's an important distinction.

(I'll stop talking like a Philosophy major now. Just don't make me start talking about post-modern philosophy, simulacra and simulation, please.)

RedFox
Nov 25, 2002, 04:13 AM
i live an RPG life... i roam the world from town to town fighting strange monsters and allsorts on my journeys... i allow myself into strangers houses so that i can go though all of their tresure chests taking whatever i find! i also wear the same clothes constantly and never bath... unless of course the storline permits it.... like when i visited the... erm... honeybee inn...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

*closes window and draws curtains*

guh.... too much fresh air and sunlight...

Hikaryuu
Nov 25, 2002, 06:17 AM
And since I'm not a force, I can't cast Megid or Grants. Just like in PSO!

Foggy_Pete
Nov 25, 2002, 05:21 PM
well there is this mute kid at my school with chat bubble posters he holds above his head

CorneliusPower
Nov 26, 2002, 04:13 PM
I witnessed this accident the other day, some lady on a bicycle waved her right turn and BOOM! a car smacked her ass good. It was strange because she dropped a red item of sort it turned out to be a damn Flowens again!!! Cripes!