PDA

View Full Version : easiest way to get money...

Realmz
Dec 10, 2006, 07:24 PM
soloing?

DarkDJ
Dec 10, 2006, 07:24 PM
What do you all think the easiest way to make money for a ranger CAST would be?

Thanks in advance.

VelosofLight
Dec 10, 2006, 07:25 PM
Technically, Hacking.

I'd personally go with opening a shop and selling materials.

Ryuen
Dec 10, 2006, 07:27 PM
I agree with selling mats and weapons you don't use anymore. Also, spamming missions that give good rewards and take up less time is a good thing to do. More missions=more money. Along with a chance to level up PAs, spells, etc.

DarkDJ
Dec 10, 2006, 07:31 PM
okay...which missions would you recommend?

Ryuen
Dec 10, 2006, 07:35 PM
On Parum, De Ragen runs are good along with Relics runs. Might want to bring a trusted friend or two along as they can be tough. If your levels are high enough, spam B runs as they're along the middle as far as difficulty and time goes. That and the rewards are pretty good.
That's just my opinion and how I roll (Damn you Get! You got me sayin' that now!) so take that with a grain of salt.

Warnen
Dec 10, 2006, 07:44 PM
Ebay...

but really Parum DE Ragen runs I would imagine. I solo (well me and good old 420-chan) most C runs now for money now (lvl 34), don't have to worry about buying dimates and stuff at this point, my regen keeps my HP maxed.

I like the Rellic Mission on Nuedaz a lot to.

Cav
Dec 10, 2006, 07:46 PM
I hear stealing oil from Iraq then buying meseta off ebay works well. If Bush played PSU. hmmm...

Axel3792
Dec 10, 2006, 07:50 PM
Solo Relics on Neudaiz.

Umberger
Dec 10, 2006, 07:53 PM
Neudaiz Relics isn't a fast way to get money...you need quite a party to do it fast enough to get good money. You can do the Parum missions much faster with a smaller party/solo...just remember if you do De Ragan to abandon the mission instead of going to the next area.

I personally find the Parum Relics much better...I find a ton of rares there, and there's always the chance of finding Nanoresin, Relic Edges, and Svaltus Edges. Good luck. =)

Esufer
Dec 10, 2006, 07:57 PM
I tend to do the Parum Relics solo to get money, even on C Level it's good enough to net you some money in a relatively short space of time.

Boring as anything though.

If you wanna get some money, and have fun, then I suggest just joining a party with the Rares and Normal items set in order, rather than give to finder or random.

DarkDJ
Dec 10, 2006, 07:57 PM
Sorry? 420-Chan?

At any rate, I can probably solo Overlord C, and my friend and I can do Overlord B, though it takes a while.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 10, 2006, 07:58 PM
I'd say Neudaiz relics A hands down, assuming you have a decent party. It's not too long, the enemies are not difficult (Tengohgs have a lot of HP, but other than that...), the money/time ratio is as good or better than De Ragan spam, and the drops, exp, and class exp are infinitely better.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 10, 2006, 08:00 PM
easy and fast... Valley of Carnage C, easiest I've found, and you get some good items too such as metacarbon at the end

THE JACKEL

Warnen
Dec 10, 2006, 08:15 PM
On 2006-12-10 16:57, DarkDJ wrote:
Sorry? 420-Chan?

My PM, don't really need any help for C rank missions but I got a thing for tiny catgirls...

PMB960
Dec 11, 2006, 12:53 AM
heh I opened a shop friday and made 40K that day. Just do lots of Relics C on Parum since there are a ton of items you can sell for lots of money. Of course I am soloing Relics B so I have gotten some very good stuff but you can still get tons of things from C.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 11, 2006, 02:39 AM
Dedicate a day to Sleeping Warrior C/B and/or Holy Shrine C/B. Solo it.

Once your day is complete, put all your Acenaline, Wenceline, Aporaline, etc in your PM storage.

Go buy conversion boards. Convert them all the way up to Kerseline.

Synth a weapon or two.

Also, if you do B runs you can get Relic Edges. Other notable drops: Nanocarbon, Hustle Berries, other rare synth mates.

That's what I do, and it works.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2006, 02:45 AM
convert to kersline is a waist imo.... 3xupteline? upteline sells for 1.5k each easy right? thats 4.5k.

kers cost 4k at the npc right? then also the board cost... so your losing money.

not to mention it would take an aboslutly insane amount of low lvl mats to make enough kers for even 1 weapon :/

I think I got like a whole 20 marseline out of 40 solo relic B runs from conversions.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 11, 2006, 02:50 AM
You're not losing what you got for free, now hush and let me find a reasonable price for this 50% Light Double Saber I made from scraps I got from farming junk mats and synthed into Kerseline to be able to make it.

Gotta be fair with it, and not overprice it... hehe.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2006, 02:56 AM
so if sombody gave you a car (say your partents give you a car) and you put it up for sale.

sombody offers you 300$ cash for it, says they will be back in 3 days with the money. Then another guy offers you 3000$ for it cash on the spot.

Your saying you didnt lose 2700$ if you sell it to the other guy for 300$ instead of 3000$? we are talking about sales here and a lower sales price is a loss of profit, and a loss of profit is a net loss reguardless if the inital investment was large or non exsistant (free), of course its not free since time = money but thats a diffrent story http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Doesnt matter if you got the mats for free via farming, if you can sell them for more money and go buy them at the npc and save money then its better that way.

By all means do what your doing, its your loss tho. I have done the numbers and I am doing things the most efficant way.

I know the cost to make my own ash/metals and all that jazz and never get jacked from player shops like a majority of the economy.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 11, 2006, 03:09 AM
Clearly you have no idea how much those elemental %'s go for. That more than makes up for not selling the mats direct.

People buy them for absurd amounts, and i'm happy to take that money.

DarkSeph
Dec 11, 2006, 03:13 AM
On 2006-12-11 00:09, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Clearly you have no idea how much those elemental %'s go for. That more than makes up for not selling the mats direct.

....Stupid people....buy them for Absurd Amounts....LOL!!!

Clearly....I do not/will not!

DarkSeph
Dec 11, 2006, 03:14 AM
Thanks to Greedy Players I give all my Meseta to the NPC where it vanishes into ......X's and O's?

HAHAHA

Garnet_Moon
Dec 11, 2006, 03:15 AM
On 2006-12-11 00:13, DarkSeph wrote:

A friend of mine sold a christmas tree for 150k. I'm not trying my luck so I put mine at 100k... lol

Easy money. God bless the rich impatient folk... gimme teh goldz and I gib u a tree.

DarkSeph
Dec 11, 2006, 03:18 AM
On 2006-12-11 00:15, Garnet_Moon wrote:

A friend of mine sold a christmas tree for 150k. I'm not trying my luck so I put mine at 100k... lol

Easy money. God bless the rich impatient folk... gimme teh goldz and I gib u a tree.

ROTFLMAO!!!!! WOW....and you can actually live with yourself doing that to people?.....

I'm Impressed.....Such a level of Greed is to be Admired in the Anals of PSU-dom....Clearly!

On a Side Note: I bought mine for a reasonable 9K ...HAHA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Garnet_Moon
Dec 11, 2006, 03:19 AM
On 2006-12-11 00:18, DarkSeph wrote:

ROTFLMAO!!!!! WOW....and you can actually live with yourself doing that to people?.....

I'm Impressed.....Such a level of Greed is to be Admired in the Anals of PSU-dom....Clearly!

On a Side Note: I bought mine for a reasonable 9K ...HAHA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Of course I can. It's not like i'm forcing them to buy it. If it happens, it happens.

DarkSeph
Dec 11, 2006, 03:27 AM
On 2006-12-11 00:19, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-12-11 00:18, DarkSeph wrote:

Of course I can. It's not like i'm forcing them to buy it. If it happens, it happens.

Believe it or Not....I owe you a BIG thank you for doing that too.... HAHAHAHAHA

**And you will never know why**

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

but it's "clearly" wrong....yet, it's making it right for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif HAHAHAHAHA.....If only I could gloat....but that would ruin my sweeeet sweeet deal!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-12-11 00:28 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2006, 03:59 AM
And clearly you didnt even read what I said or comprehend a word of it. I didnt ever say the weapon was a bad sale I said upgrading lower mats to make the weapon was a bad idea.

Sell the lower mats, and Buy the higher mats because the conversion is just eating money.

OMG you went off on this whole freakin thing and you were not even on topic about it.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 11, 2006, 04:01 AM
All I see with going that route is my meseta dropping. I don't like that. Hence why I just farm all day and then make stuff. I'm not a fan of "spending money to make money", so the little I spend the best. Even if it's covered, dumping meseta out on something still feels funny.

Besides, i've got more important stuff to keep in my shops than junk mats that sell slowly even at 50% off NPC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-11 01:03 ]</font>

DarkSeph
Dec 11, 2006, 04:02 AM
On 2006-12-11 00:59, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
And clearly you didnt even read what I said or comprehend a word of it. I didnt ever say the weapon was a bad sale I said upgrading lower mats to make the weapon was a bad idea.

Sell the lower mats, and Buy the higher mats because the conversion is just eating money.

OMG you went off on this whole freakin thing and you were not even on topic about it.

LOL!!! Buttons pressed much? eh?!

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2006, 04:21 AM
no, not pressed its just wow'ing me the comprehension level of some people. I didnt just throw a general idea out there like "dont convert mats, sell them instead" I actually gave a prime example with both the amounts of money involved and the names of the items.

upteline for 2k at npc, it will sell like candy to a fat kid for 1.5k in your shop. so 3 upteline is 4.5k you made. Then a quick trip to the npc to buy kerseline its only 4k there. Thats a 500 meseta profit (no point in waisting time looking for kers/vest in players shops seems they always charge more than npc) I somtimes buy speral or somthing for 500 meseta even tho I can make them for 450 just to save myself the trouble. but 500 meseta is a diffrent story thats a good chunk of money to toss away for no reason, and its hurting the economy since that upteline you just destroyed is needed by some player making 6* weapons.

Infact there seems to be a upteline shortage I cant even find any hardly unless im on in peak hours, only like 5 stores with some this morning and all of them higher than npc price so sombody went and bought all of it that was under npc price.

she thought I was saying sell mats instead of making items with it... wich is not even close to what I said and the post was so blantely obvious that I didnt say that. That it just is ironic that we are on a text based chat forum and people are not even reading somthing before they reply to it.

for the record I dont remember the cost of the conversion board for kerseline but you can add that divided by the number of uses ontop of that 500 meseta

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-11 01:23 ]</font>

DarkSeph
Dec 11, 2006, 04:24 AM
On 2006-12-11 01:01, Garnet_Moon wrote:
All I see with going that route is my meseta dropping. I don't like that. Hence why I just farm all day and then make stuff. I'm not a fan of "spending money to make money", so the little I spend the best. Even if it's covered, dumping meseta out on something still feels funny.

Besides, i've got more important stuff to keep in my shops than junk mats that sell slowly even at 50% off NPC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-11 01:03 ]</font>

I just know how frustrating it can be to need/want an item and to see it in the shops for such a high price that I number # cannot even afford it or # 2 by the time I CAN afford it someone else has already bought it and upped the price! But at the same time...it must be really rare (at the time), you DID find it, and I'm lucky it we even have shops to begin with...and lastly it will never really be fair no matter what because it's not like everyone can go buy it from a shop.......so I guess...congrats on your high priced sales....I'm gonna start doing the same thing since no one seems to have a problem with it. Luckily it still wont ruin my sweet deal to do so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarkSeph
Dec 11, 2006, 04:28 AM
On 2006-12-11 01:21, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
no, not pressed its just wow'ing me the comprehension level of some people. I didnt just throw a general idea out there like "dont convert mats, sell them instead" I actually gave a prime example with both the amounts of money involved and the names of the items.

upteline for 2k at npc, it will sell like candy to a fat kid for 1.5k in your shop. so 3 upteline is 4.5k you made. Then a quick trip to the npc to buy kerseline its only 4k there. Thats a 500 meseta profit (no point in waisting time looking for kers/vest in players shops seems they always charge more than npc) I somtimes buy speral or somthing for 500 meseta even tho I can make them for 450 just to save myself the trouble. but 500 meseta is a diffrent story thats a good chunk of money to toss away for no reason, and its hurting the economy since that upteline you just destroyed is needed by some player making 6* weapons.

Infact there seems to be a upteline shortage I cant even find any hardly unless im on in peak hours, only like 5 stores with some this morning and all of them higher than npc price so sombody went and bought all of it that was under npc price.

she thought I was saying sell mats instead of making items with it... wich is not even close to what I said and the post was so blantely obvious that I didnt say that. That it just is ironic that we are on a text based chat forum and people are not even reading somthing before they reply to it.

for the record I dont remember the cost of the conversion board for kerseline but you can add that divided by the number of uses ontop of that 500 meseta

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-11 01:23 ]</font>

Uh Huh......ok, well I do see your point....afterall, I can't find a single freaking Hustle Berry due to all the people hording it for Groovy Juice and whatnot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garnet_Moon
Dec 11, 2006, 04:32 AM
I guess it's more the feeling of knowing all my items are all 100% hand crafted than buying finished synth items from an NPC, and then selling my junk drops.

Am I at a loss? That depends on how you look at it. The way I see it, I am not.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2006, 04:32 AM
I get alot of them when I solo relics wich I may do today to lvl my gi-spells I always sell them for 299 meseta do you want me to sell the ones I find to you?

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2006, 04:43 AM
Wich is why I said

By all means do what your doing

im not one of those people that try to tell people how to play, i was just trying to run some info by you incase you didnt know how the numbers add up. So many people dont know these things and would love the knowledge and really appreciate the 500+ meseta savings over what they were previously doing.

I was upset when I found out I can make speral for 450 meseta from the npc without wasiting any time in player shops at all where i usually thought 600 was a good deal (200 meseta cheaper than the 800 price tag npc has) and just wish sombody had shared the info like I just did reguarding things like that.

soural 100 meseta x 4 = 400 meseta conversion board 500 meseta with 10 uses so thats 50 meseta each so total cost 450 meseta to make it yourself from the npc!

thats 150 meseta per item i could have saved for the longest.

oh jeese just had a guest call me, they said they need an abulance... gonna be busy probably wont be back on till i get off work.

-Ryuki-
Dec 11, 2006, 05:07 AM
I just farm B Rank, Holy Grounds. It's kind of slow, but.. if you're with a good party, time flies.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2006, 05:19 AM
did that today seems to be the best balance of xp/meseta from the nice reward and not hard to do with a pug, just the loot totally sucks and its more or less a hunter place forces have a hard time with the cows that run too fast to target and the other mobs have high magic resist.

I still do good dmg, but its not cake like parum relics where everything takes alot more dmg from magic and comes in close together large groups.

The hunters sending things flying everywhere with PA's obviously makes it much harder.

Sad that before the update a good party did B runs in like 15 min because they all had nice dark weps. Now with the patch 95% of the hunters I see are using A rank green weps and now it takes like 18-20 min because they do much less dmg.

Kamiense
Dec 11, 2006, 07:46 AM
I craft Tomoirods to sell for 32.5k; but that's just me.

Polenicus
Dec 11, 2006, 08:38 AM
I saved up and opened a shop, and cooperate with another experienced player to figure out reasonable rates for materials. Currently I'm levelling my PM, hope to get it up as a pure striking PM, so that's where the majority of my cash goes ATM (Buying crappy 2 star striking weapons from player shops). Level 49 now, and pure as driven snow, hopefully I can get it to 80 before the next update.

I solo relics on Parum, Forested Island/Rainbow Beast on Neudiz (Then sometimes grab a party for Relics) and the first zone on Motoob, which gives me a good spread of mats (And more importantly wood). Synthing up higher level mats from low-level crap is rarely worthwhile for me, since I sell the high level stuff for less than what the low level stuff sells for. When I start synthing my own stuff I'll likely be using that ability more.

Basically, you have to budget. Whatever the shop makes stays in the shop bank until I need to make a big purchase, like my Doublesaber, or new armor, or whatever. Day-to-day expenses and PM food come out of what I get from my soloing and levelling.