PDA

View Full Version : Leveling has become officially insane.

Kanore
Dec 10, 2006, 09:09 PM
@ 55 it takes about 70k to go to 56.

48-49 was about 39-49k or something, having been static throughout the late 40s.
It jumped at 50 to a scary number: 59k.
It was nice though, getting to 54. It remained static till 54, then did that 70k jump.

I'm expecting another jump from 59-60 (possibly 80k or something higher), which scares me about what stages will be fast enough to powerlevel through during the 60-70 grind.

It's hard to catch up with hardcore players when your real life schedule forces you to be casual. -_-

Ether
Dec 10, 2006, 09:14 PM
If you're 55, you arent casual

Kanore
Dec 10, 2006, 09:15 PM
I pushed aside studying for at least two tests and I have a writing assignment that I have to finish and fix by next Wednesday, and I always turn in quality writing assignments.

Like I said, my schedule forces me to be casual, but I pushed all of it aside to try and catch up with hardcore players.

MegaBUD
Dec 10, 2006, 09:19 PM
whats the big deal between lvl 50 and 55? im 51 and i take it slowly... remember, theres no pvp in this game.

Cav
Dec 10, 2006, 09:19 PM
lol, well you could of done like me and post whored on these forums to keep the psu addiction away so you can do the writing assignment (in my case a 10 page research paper, which is now done)

Kanore
Dec 10, 2006, 09:20 PM
On 2006-12-10 18:19, Cav wrote:
lol, well you could of done like me and post whored on these forums to keep the psu addiction away so you can do the writing assignment (in my case a 10 page research paper, which is now done)

I'm going back between this forum and the offical forums aimlessly with my Chem notebook on my lap procrastinating.

Thank god I don't have 4chan up...

... Gives me an idea...

Ravennittes
Lvling = annoying and long (I'm a Lv 51 Fortetecher, and I'm a casual player considering I got 50 2 hours before the update heh). However, this is a game so just try to have fun, and if that's a strain, then you need to find a new game to play methinks.

Ravennittes
Lvling = annoying and long (I'm a Lv 51 Fortetecher, and I'm a casual player considering I got 50 2 hours before the update heh). However, this is a game so just try to have fun, and if that's a strain, then you need to find a new game to play methinks.

hucast21
Dec 10, 2006, 09:35 PM
Stop playing the game like it's some kind of race. It's Sunday and you're already 55? Slow down a bit IMO.

Play the game to have fun, not to have some dick-swinging competition between hardcore players.

Cav
Dec 10, 2006, 09:36 PM
first to 60, Epeen doubles in size

hucast21
Dec 10, 2006, 09:41 PM
On 2006-12-10 18:36, Cav wrote:

Apparently to some players lol.

Sychosis
Dec 10, 2006, 09:43 PM
On 2006-12-10 18:36, Cav wrote:

What is 2 times 0 again?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Diablohead
Dec 10, 2006, 09:59 PM
Much as I want ranger lv10 to become a fortegunner I cant stand to do dragon runs and neudaiz relics more then a few times a day, then I go off to feed my pm and play with friends, it cheers me up.

Bobkitty
Dec 10, 2006, 10:00 PM
I don't see how this could be anything but a good thing... Lvlin I thought was fun.. and doesnt it just suck when your capped???

SnickersFO
Dec 10, 2006, 10:01 PM
Do not try to catch up with the "ardcore players" aka nerds who have no friends / lives / live in there mothers basements.

You have a life, and you are obviously in college... Do not waste your life playing a video game that is meant for teenagers.

DarkSeph
Dec 10, 2006, 10:06 PM
I dont understand what you mean by taking Meseta to level up....do you mean to recharge PP? That must be it....well anyways, that is why I went the route of the Wartecher for the time being....I will level up faster and easier and then when I'm at the level I want to be with higher stats, I will switch to Fortetecher and it will be much more plesant.....

Or I might not even switch at all considering with Wartecher I can use all the A rank Force weaps that I've always wanted and still get to use Hunter weaps with somewhat decent style http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Pandatron
Dec 10, 2006, 10:21 PM
Jeez guy chill out, i did the opposite you did after one day of play and reach lvl: 52 and fT lvl: 2 i was like... lol break. So ya catching up on studies. That and i did the math earlier to get from 50-60 is the same as going 1-49 so it's not that bad of a grind if not a bit too easy inmo way to go sega (>;-;)>.

Plus the hellish grind is actually the mission points that's where your real stat boost are going to come in lvls mean nothing without the expert class to compliment it ^_^.

Careful
Dec 10, 2006, 10:22 PM
I think i did 30 agata A relics before i leveled. lol

Guitarsmasher
Dec 10, 2006, 10:28 PM
im still lvl 50, i dont really care about lvling tht much. i more care about money right now. prices for some things are crazy, but anything less would make the game too easy

OPM
Dec 10, 2006, 10:32 PM
On 2006-12-10 19:01, SnickersFO wrote:
Do not try to catch up with the "ardcore players" aka nerds who have no friends / lives / live in there mothers basements.

You have a life, and you are obviously in college... Do not waste your life playing a video game that is meant for teenagers.

LOL hahahaha.

TheStoicOne
Dec 10, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-12-10 18:59, Diablohead wrote:
Much as I want ranger lv10 to become a fortegunner I cant stand to do dragon runs and neudaiz relics more then a few times a day, then I go off to feed my pm and play with friends, it cheers me up.

hey guess what your going to have to do to level that expert class >.>, its kind of an endless cycle, and Holy B's appeal wares off after a bit. Im just now getting my expert class to lvl 2

DonRoyale
Dec 10, 2006, 10:43 PM

QFT

Dude, don't complain about being level 55 and having trouble levelling up. It's just arrogant and rude. I already hate the comparison of levelling up from PSO to PSU-I have about 110k EXP right now, which would've put me at about level 60 at PSO. I honestly think that that's absolutely retarded.

So don't complain about levelling at LEVEL 55 (which about 1% of most poeple who play PSU are at). If it's an issue with players who are even higher level than you, play with different people. It's obvious they have no lives whatsoever. You have one, live it in reality, not competing with some no-life nerds who have all the time in the world to waste on a game. You have college, focus on that first and foremost.

Deprimenthia
Dec 10, 2006, 10:47 PM
I have no life, but I'm still level 24. Haha.

MXdude
Dec 10, 2006, 10:51 PM
Casual, HA! lv55 is far from casual >.>

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 10, 2006, 10:54 PM
I got to 52, because I'm leveling the Double Saber tech and trying to earn money. So far my double saber tech is up to level 17, and that's just because I find large groups of enemies and spam it over and over

THE JACKEL

Cause_I_Own_U
Dec 10, 2006, 11:40 PM
Levels in this game arent end all be all

Levels arent imporant so why bother trying to get max so fast? Notice how lvl 4's can solo de ragan if they have time? Because levels are worthless. Just level at your own pace it doesnt matter at all

Castelak
Dec 11, 2006, 12:46 AM
At least it's not like PSO v2 on Dreamcast, leveling to 200 was pretty long I hear.

Gamemako
Dec 11, 2006, 12:52 AM
A level 4 can't solo De Ragan.

Although I did solo him at level 8...

Newman forces. <3

Maridia
Dec 11, 2006, 01:03 AM
All I could think when I read your post was "Why would you WANT to catch up to the hardcore players?" Really, what will that prove? The cap isn't going anywhere for a bit, you have loads of time. In 10 years, all the power leveling you did won't mean dick. But failing college will. Not that you're failing, but you get the idea. Gotta grow up and prioritize, silly. :3

Some people seem to forget that a game is a game. It's for entertainment, but it isn't supposed to take precedence over important real life things. <_<

ZodiacNKnight
Dec 11, 2006, 01:06 AM
Play the game for the enjoyment and experience.
Don't make it a chore and try to become something that's worth less than the amount you paid for the game. (Unless you plan to sell your account)

Five to ten years from now this game will most likely mean nothing anymore.
Only the experiences you encounter will hold some value to you, but other than that, life should be your priority.
It's really sad that some younger kids/teens never learn this...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2006-12-10 22:09 ]</font>

SlothMotion
Dec 11, 2006, 01:49 AM
ROTFL... yep. I'm a casual player and I'm only level 32 - married with a baby http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VelosofLight
Dec 11, 2006, 02:09 AM
The PSOW definition of 'casual' amuses me. I don't know what I am, since I'm pretty much always logged on, but just don't constantly do missions. I like to hang around and stuff. Unfortunately, I'm rather broke. I'm level 35, Ranger level 8, and I really want to be a ForteGunner with a laser cannon, launcher, and other awesome A-rank stuff. You can't do that unless you grind constantly, huh?

Garnet_Moon
Dec 11, 2006, 02:46 AM
Stop trying to compete with everybody. The reason people are already level 60 is because; if you check them, they never log out, and they are always on.

These people have no life.
These people have no job.
These people live with their parents.
These people are scum and deserve to be burned.

There, I said it. Now if you'll excuse me i'm gonna go be emo when I find out my Ryo-Misaki didn't synth.

Kanore
Dec 11, 2006, 06:25 AM

High school >.>

Magician
Dec 11, 2006, 08:19 AM
Meh, like others have said, slow down and play the game for the love of it. You have weeks before the level cap is raised to 70. Take your time and have fun.

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 11, 2006, 08:24 AM
i knew there was a jump in exp to next lvl after 55. That was expected. BTW there is a lvl 60 on the servers now.

Diablohead
Dec 11, 2006, 08:42 AM
Level rushing imo is not worth it, you dont benefit that much in psu compared to other mmo's, also its called at 60 so theres no need to rush.

OPM
Dec 11, 2006, 09:23 AM
On 2006-12-10 23:46, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Stop trying to compete with everybody. The reason people are already level 60 is because; if you check them, they never log out, and they are always on.

These people have no life.
These people have no job.
These people are scum and deserve to be burned.

There, I said it. Now if you'll excuse me i'm gonna go be emo when I find out my Ryo-Misaki didn't synth.

LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

These kinda comments amuse me, since you have no idea what these people actually are like, so you drill them into a stereotype they may or may not fall into. And there is nothing wrong with living with your parents haha.

KitsuneKing
Dec 11, 2006, 09:27 AM
LOL @ people who complain about grinding in this game.

this grind is nothing man, especially if it doesnt take you weeks to get one lvl.

Thoridan
Dec 11, 2006, 09:32 AM
On 2006-12-10 18:14, Ether wrote:
If you're 55, you arent casual

Not true. I have college (19 semester hours), a girlfriend (who is VERY clingy), and a full-time job. I am currently lv. 50.

TwilightSea
Dec 11, 2006, 09:37 AM
Exactly what is the run requirement to do Neudiaz Relic runs? I have yet to go there.

Akaimizu
Dec 11, 2006, 09:38 AM
In general, with PSU it is casual. A lot of people play other games and they feel the pressure of pushing themselves so hard.

Just remember, this isn't a kind of game where the only goal is to reach an end, but it's one of those where one can find enjoyment of getting that *next* thing which is right around the corner.

Keeping up with the hardcore is not important. This isn't FFXI where you have to be within 3 levels of everybody just to even party with them. That alone, is a big weight off your shoulders in which you'll always find people who are able to group with you, and you'll have a good time with it.

Even ones that shoot off a bit, they can still party with you for a good while. The stretch is wide.

There's technically only one kind of thing that sort of has a bit of a stress for, and that's getting holiday stuff. I know I'm feeling it a bit for the Christmas Rappies, but I also realize this event is just starting and I have some good nights of running around to find them. I also think they're made a little less rare than the normal ones to give everybody a better opportunity to find them before the event is over.

And if you're over 50 levels of experience, then you aren't casual enough to have to worry about even that. I've put my available time into the game, with my schedule, and I'm only Level 31 as of last night. Then again, I've had even more on my plate for stuff outside videogaming. I know it'll take me forever to level my expert class, but I'm enjoying it just the same, as I know that I'm just one little upgrade (which will happen soon) to use this new awesome wand I've been waiting to use. And even with that, I actually don't feel I'm being left behind, at all. I can still party with pretty much everybody I know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-11 06:44 ]</font>

Mystil
Dec 11, 2006, 09:42 AM
On 2006-12-10 23:46, Garnet_Moon wrote:

>:/ I wish people stop jumping on this. I'm 24 and I live with my mom cause she CAN'T WORK. There's likely a billion others out there in the same situation. You are NOT immature/no life/have no friends, if you still live with your parents >_>. Living with your parents also does not always mean you have no responsibilities.

Now.. 'this game is meant for teenagers'.

L O freaking L. That's well BS.

But I don't know how I can work 50hrs a week and still able to play PSU for 5-6hrs a day and I'm still outleveled by those with less time than I. But I don't care about thier progress it is not my business. They love the game obviously, just like I do. And you don't know thier social status.

They might have a damn good life going for them. They could also be leveling with a group of friends.

Simple; Stop hating and be concerned about your own progress. No need to measure yours against someone elses.

Bast
Dec 11, 2006, 10:34 AM
On 2006-12-10 22:49, SlothMotion wrote:
ROTFL... yep. I'm a casual player and I'm only level 32 - married with a baby http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Exact same boat lol. Level 32 (100% solo) - married with a 4 year old. Now that's casual play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bast on 2006-12-11 07:35 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Dec 11, 2006, 10:43 AM
Ok last night some of my friends wanted me to come a long for B Raffon Relic runs with some of their level 25-30 buds I was 50 ..not much exp for me.I still went. Did it take me forever to get a level? Yes. More importantly I had FUN, which correct me if I am mistaken is the whole purpouse mankind created games.

drakkula
Dec 11, 2006, 10:47 AM
from next thursday on hardcore players will be playing Srank missions and they will level up even quicker......I personally dont give a damm =]

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 11, 2006, 10:48 AM
I was doing C rank Valley of Carnage over and over, for basically all of level 51, my friend was AFK and I kept doing it, but she was in my party... apparently she got the mission points and meseta for doing nothing, which is pretty awesome if you ask me. But of course, I got exp and PA levels up. I eventually gained a level too, yes just doing that on C rank. It's amazing how much EXP you actually get per run, and how fast you can do a run.

THE JACKEL

Merumeru
Dec 11, 2006, 11:06 AM
I'm glad XD personally, I thought it was fairly easy to reach the level I'm at for the time I put into it, it shouldnt be as easy to reach 50+ least it will be a while before the 'power-levelers' will complain about not being able to grind effectively X3

and all this free-time/OMGLV999=NOLIFE/HAHAHIMBETTERTHANYOU talk is so High School XD if only youd grow up and realize how insignificant you are in the grand scheme of things, you could actually find something more enjoyable to do than try to justify your existance IN A VIDEO GAME XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Merumeru on 2006-12-11 08:25 ]</font>

Numnuttz
Dec 11, 2006, 02:22 PM
i can say i went hard core this weekend so i could use my card weapon. i had to be level 3 foretcher and level 54 to use it. now i can do nothing and play casually with my friends. o yea and the shock value i get from them is always a plus.

PaladinRPG
Dec 11, 2006, 02:26 PM
Heh, I work nearly 50 hrs per week but I'm already lvl 52. I've only been grinding recently for the money.. usually I just like to socialize and gossip/RP with friends. That's why I play, not to powerlevel... those will just come naturally. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Ryoga4523
Dec 11, 2006, 05:19 PM
seriously, if you are in college, focus on your studies. It is worth it to get good grades. This is just a game. It will be here when you are done with your finals. It is ok to not play for 3-4 days in a row. Do not feel like you have to catch up. There is really no better feeling then completing that research paper early, or knowing all the information that is on your final with days left to do that cram session.

Laranas
Dec 11, 2006, 05:22 PM
I don't play too much and I'm almost 55 (like 10k away). The exp is higher but it seems to take less time than 49-50 took before. Type leveling, though, is insane.

Genobee
Dec 11, 2006, 05:53 PM
yea the type lvling is gonna take forever it took me 2 days of play to get to lvl 2, I'll be lvl 60 waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before I hit lvl 5 or 6, it will probly be end of january before i hit lvl 10

Stixx
Dec 11, 2006, 05:57 PM
I played hardcore this weekend because I knew I was going to be busy this week with finals at school. I got 55, Figunner 3 and as a bonus got my Double Saber PA to 30. Now I can just sit back and play bit by bit this week http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Cav
Dec 11, 2006, 07:52 PM

Because obviously teenagers are banned from college.

Randomness
Dec 11, 2006, 07:57 PM
On 2006-12-11 07:43, Wheatpenny wrote:
Ok last night some of my friends wanted me to come a long for B Raffon Relic runs with some of their level 25-30 buds I was 50 ..not much exp for me.I still went. Did it take me forever to get a level? Yes. More importantly I had FUN, which correct me if I am mistaken is the whole purpouse mankind created games.

Actually, man created games in order to further torment himself every waking moment.

Nah, if games arent fun, STOP. PLAYING.
I'm level 50, and I would still call myself casual. I've logged about 195 hrs, but my habits are to play video games a lot, and I've has it since a few days after launch.

Laranas
Dec 11, 2006, 09:35 PM
It takes 8x the mission points to get a adv type to 10 than it does a basic type.

I think it's 150 points to go 9->10 Basic... like 400 to go 1->2 Adv

Edg3
Dec 11, 2006, 09:57 PM
Wow there's a lot of hate in here. Calm the f' down (video game) player haters.

Go back to the usual use of this community. Don't hate the player hate the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif