PDA

View Full Version : Copernia market a glaring example of how messed up the curre

Dragonkat
Dec 10, 2006, 10:10 PM
No to me even thinking of paying 10K for one lousy stinking gem. Given a 7* board takes 15 of them, aka over TWICE the price of the bloody board to begin with, before you even buy any other mats!

You're gonna be lucky if I pay 5k for one as well, non buyable rare or no. It's still only a 7* and 100%store price ebon is 4k along with 2.5k for metals. I'll be willing to pay for it yes given it is drop only, but 5k is really pushing the limits of someone who would basically be farming all night to even think of reaching the 75k goal needed for just one attempt, before again buying the board and other mats.

Small economics lesson for you.

5* board cost, 9250 (under one gem again i might add)

Mat cost per attempt at 50% npc, if you don't find them yourself or synth them easily, 11900

Total cost = 21150

That's one whole 5* weapon, which with a good % will still be more then enough to handle most situations. For the cost of 2-4 bloody gems at this rate

Heck I have a 3* 34% light twin dagger, a 3* 20% light single dagger, and I can solo A rank LL with relative ease + profit making.

A 6*?
Board cost 23400
Mat cost per attempt 15750
Total 39150

So for nearly 4 gems, and if i'm being generous 8 (still only half of what you need for 1 attempt before board cost) I'm getting a top of the line B rank weapon, with more then enough acc and attack to suit my needs. Not to mention help me run and get the cash for eventual A ranks that much faster. Even more so when I get a lucky day to make the ones I have +2.

I took the 80k I did have eariler, and rather then bank on one lucky weapon. Or I should say working to get closer to one 1 damn 7* attempt, much less try the synth! I'm now sitting on

2 6* Tenora handguns
2 5* Yohmei single daggers
1 5* GRM twin saber, 1 failure, 1 synthing as I post this.

Side note: To those about to fault my math, I had most of the mats on hand already for the attempts. just needed to buy the ash mostly.

To all those smart shopkeepers with a degree of common sense and wonder where their 4k gems went, along with a healthy dose of cheaply priced ash, thanks a bunch. Nice to see some people have a degree of realism in their prices still, and haven't been swept up in the must get money for my A rank toys craze.

Not that this update has been playing havoc with the economy in general or anything...I've heard multiple players not even being able to move 5 and 6 star weps now? Serious wtf'age.

They work just as well.
Not every player is made out of money or saved up.
Not every player wants to farm LL S or (insert map here) all damn day to just try one stinking synth.

And my biggest peeve, not every player is flipping level 40+ or an expert class! Or able to use the A ranks everyones trying to push cause they're all shiny and new, much less even dream of affording them yet. Ever stop to think that maybe if you put out some high grade B ranks ground or with a good % players like myself might actually want them? No, gotta go for the quick and easy buck I guess *sigh*

You gotta walk before you try to run, and this economy right now is totally falling flat on its face with most of the player shops out there right now. There's a few good ones, but thats mostly the P$OW crew. Thanks for the mats guys and gals! That's where I got most of them today.

Seriously, reasonable prices = long term profit. Telling someone that you think a flipping 7* ebon and a 7* metal as a trade for one also 7* copernia is a bad deal as one store owner did. (combined price of 5200 at 80% and 3250 at 50%) Is a good way to ensure I won't darken your doorstep anytime soon.

BOWSER5150
Dec 10, 2006, 11:50 PM
im selling Twin Crea Sabers 20% ice for 70K in my store just buy those much cheaper then making them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SailorDaravon
Dec 11, 2006, 12:31 AM
I usually sell mine for 3 or 3.5k. If people are getting away with selling them for 10k, then that's what the market will bear, at least for now. Now if you want messed up, I was looking for Vestalines earlier. They sell at the NPC for 6k. About 10 stores came up, not a SINGLE store was selling it below retail, or even AT retail.

Maskim
Dec 11, 2006, 12:42 AM
Dude, there's a store I saw while searching for kerselines, which were all around 5-7k in player shops(until I finally, on the store I said as I clicked it 'if it's not here, I'm going to the npc' where it was only 1300 each. Yay for dark musashi's store) that had Vestaline, proudly advertised at only 25k per. It also claimed to be a 50-75% off store. If there were pvp, I would have shot him and robbed the register.

Umberger
Dec 11, 2006, 12:52 AM
I sell them for 3.5k and haven't sold 1 for a week...Opalds too. :<