PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of a GH-450 in battle?

Umberger
Dec 10, 2006, 11:31 PM
I have a GH-410 on my main character (FOnewearl), and it's a great partner in battle...but I'm thinking about remaking it to a GH-450 so I can synth on my main character instead of having to make a synth slave. My only problem here is that I don't think the 450 will be as useful as the 410 is.

I've heard the 450 is a heal spammer, but I don't really know if that will make up for the fact that it just casts spells. Its spell pool may not be helpful on some levels, causing less damage on certain enemies. On the other hand, my 410 does a consistent 600+ damage with its photon arts, and if there's an enemy that has high DFP, I just have to cast a spell, and vice-versa for MST.

I'm guessing making a synth slave 450 would be a better idea, as the 410 seems like a much better battle partner for a FOnewearl. Any thoughts/second opinions on if I should make a 450?

MayLee
Dec 10, 2006, 11:35 PM
I really don't know, I was actually wanting to know the same thing. I was going for a 450, myself.

Ether
Dec 10, 2006, 11:44 PM
Don't go for it, 450 hardly heals now. Apparently she's been "fixed" and will only heal if you're around 25% life. In addition, a pure 100 tech PM will cost about 800k meseta, and only has a 54% chance to craft 8* force weapons.

VanHalen
Dec 10, 2006, 11:46 PM
fixed=neutered

Cause_I_Own_U
Dec 10, 2006, 11:46 PM
Well you could make a cheap 450 by making a 50 strike 30 tech pm, but yeah they are worthless now, figures they go and make it useless right as i finish making it now i gotta start over on something that doesnt suck!

MayLee
Dec 10, 2006, 11:48 PM
But they are so cute and not so overly used..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Cause_I_Own_U
Dec 10, 2006, 11:51 PM
Well it will be in my shop selling things, so when people come in they will get the false impression im trying to be unique but secretly am using the PM that is the norm on a seperate char =p mwahahahha

Umberger
Dec 10, 2006, 11:56 PM
On 2006-12-10 20:46, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Well you could make a cheap 450 by making a 50 strike 30 tech pm, but yeah they are worthless now, figures they go and make it useless right as i finish making it now i gotta start over on something that doesnt suck!

I'm sorry...I should have clarified I meant a pure TECH PM.

LeMan_Bayon
Dec 11, 2006, 12:05 AM
If you really want a pure tech for synthing, I say make in on another char. I also have pure stike pm on my force, and it works really well. I think you will end up missing your solo buddy if you remake it lol. Changing chars to synth will only be a minor inconvenience, say you synth an 8 star rod. You transfer all the items through the common box and then start the synth. Then, six hours later you go check to see how it went. I don't think having to change chars once every six hrs would be worth losing a great solo partner. Plus, 410 + Laia + Force = pwnage for soloing so far http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VanHalen
Dec 11, 2006, 12:08 AM
On 2006-12-10 21:05, LeMan_Bayon wrote:
Plus, 410 + Laia + Force = pwnage for soloing so far http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

technically its not really soloing since you have two people next to you i know as you mean by not real people but its still not soloing even with NPCs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-12-10 21:10 ]</font>

A2K
Dec 11, 2006, 12:58 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't 450s cast Shifta every now and then?

MayLee
Dec 11, 2006, 12:59 AM
I've seen a few do it.

Spellbinder
Dec 11, 2006, 01:11 AM
For the record, as far as I am aware, SoJ has stated that GH-450 is broken and not in a "fixed state" so they're currently working to get it back to its heal happy self. With that said, I think the GH-450 is a great companion to a Force.

When I first obtained it, it made me happy to have something healing me often so I wouldn't have to worry about it myself. Also, it casts Rafoie, Gifoie, Jellen, and Foie with the first 3 being good methods of drawing attention off you to lay down more attacks on your enemies. When I first coupled GH-450 with Maya, I was disappointed, not by the GH-450 but by the fac that, well Maya sucks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif When Laia was released, however, things changed alot.

Using GH-450 and Laia together made me a self-sustainting party on my own. I wouldn't go skipping through S Rank missions by myself, but A wasn't that much of a hassle for me anymore. Laia would go up front and grap attention with her Spear and Claws, GH-450 would use her Fire Technics and heal very often. Me? I was free to blow up monsters to my hearts content. As a matter of fact, when going through A Rank Linear Line I didn't even bother putting Resta on my rods because I knew GH-450 was going to keep me healed (granted Linear Line is fairly easy, but that's still something in my book).

So personally, I think GH-450 would be a good idea, assuming ST manages to get GH-450 fixed in the near future.

DarkSeph
Dec 11, 2006, 01:11 AM
well....I personally think the "I dream of Genie" pm version is the best to have as a Solo Buddy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.....Sure she's a Dirty PM but that is why I love her, She Fights Dirty!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Until they release those Damn Devices to let us choose from ALLLL the PM's like they should have from the start...........I wont even say how much sega makes me want to slap them silly!......until they do that I will choose Genie to partner with and the other 3 Chars can be my Synth Bytches http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Bast
Dec 11, 2006, 11:10 AM
Hey everyone! Didn’t want to create a whole brand new topic for this. And since you’ll are talking about the GH-450, I thought I’ll ask.

I currently have two main characters, my main and an Armor PM slave. Because of time constraints I have to solo.

I wasn’t sure as a Hunter/Fortefighter if I should make a mutt GH450 (70 striking & 30 Technic) to help me solo (healing/buffs) or just go for a pure Striking PM for synths).

In addition, did they add more NPCs that you can party with?

PaladinRPG
Dec 11, 2006, 02:17 PM
On 2006-12-10 22:11, Spellbinder wrote:
Using GH-450 and Laia together made me a self-sustainting party on my own. I wouldn't go skipping through S Rank missions by myself, but A wasn't that much of a hassle for me anymore. Laia would go up front and grap attention with her Spear and Claws, GH-450 would use her Fire Technics and heal very often.

Indeed. I'm loving it so far, though as a force I'm sure it would work out even better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

AeraLure
Dec 11, 2006, 02:25 PM
I have a 410 on my Force and love that combination. My ranger has a 420 and that's been working great too. While the 450 really doesnt heal anymore in any way shape or form that makes it useful, I'm still making a pure tech one on an alternate character simply to have one around for synthing. This is of course setting aside the fact that I cant synth higher end things well enough luck-wise to make it more profitable than simply farming a bit and buying what I want from a player store. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'll just make her on principle and hope my synth luck swings around one day.

That said, maybe one of the 45x series down the road will prove better than the currently gimped 450. I also wish to have the option to change into one of those.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 11, 2006, 03:04 PM
On 2006-12-10 21:58, A2K wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't 450s cast Shifta every now and then?

I have a 450. She sadly doesn't cast shifta, but jellen to weaken monsters around. For now, jellen is the only debuff that I've seen from my PM.

Laranas
Dec 11, 2006, 03:14 PM
My 450's been doing slightly better dmg as she levels combat, but that's about it. She doesn't heal me since I'm a Force myself, and she doesn't do much other support besides Jellen. She does burn monsters often enough, but her 200 dmg foie isn't helping otherwise.

As for the 800k part, it actually costs a bit more. I made a 90/10 tech/stk PM and I might reset it to a 50/50 since I don't see the point in going past B-rank weapons.

Bast
Dec 11, 2006, 04:30 PM
Maybe what I should do is make a pure Tech PM on my main (hunter) and on an alternative character (force) make the pure Strike PM.

Only thing is that sounds like a lot of work, perhaps just stick with the GH450 (70 S / 30 T). I just don’t know. *sigh*

I just don’t want to have to start over and waste all that time/effort/mesta.

Tomeeboy
Dec 11, 2006, 04:40 PM
The 450 was extremely nice before they 'broke' it. When that happened, it would almost never heal. It seems they have improved it a little in the most recent update, but it only heals when you are extremely low on health (as others have already mentioned). If you care about getting S rank, it's probably not worth trying to take advantage of the 450's current healing abilities. While it's more reliable than say, Hyuga, it's not much smarter and will typically let you or itself get near death before even attempting to heal.

I hope they fix the 450s to bring them a little closer to what they were before the initial change. Maybe results will improve with battle level as well. Mine is currently around battle level 20 and I find it more of a liability than an asset in everything other than C-rank missions (I'm a 44 Hunter).

Bast
Dec 11, 2006, 04:45 PM
I think I'm convinced. I'm going to make a Pure Strike PM for my main. With the advice/post of others, it seems that the GH450 is not the "OMFGBBQHEALER!" I thought it would be. I just have the time/patience to level one PM right now. Maybe ST will come out with devices that can change your PM's tactics. Maybe...

Just trying to make easier for me to solo better or higher ranked missions.

-dis-
Dec 11, 2006, 05:16 PM
Benefits? It says funny stuff.

Other than that, it is a grumpy day away from reset to zero.