PDA

View Full Version : ppl on pc, just one question.

l_Will_l
Dec 11, 2006, 03:22 AM
hey there i was wondering if theres any type of chat progam out there to talk with ppl online in pso. i only know of one xfire i think it is? just wondering if anyone knows of a certain one psuers use.

Maskim
Dec 11, 2006, 03:23 AM
...simple mail?

Garnet_Moon
Dec 11, 2006, 03:25 AM
MSN
AIM
YIM
Ventrillo (requires mic and headset)
TeamSpeak (requires mic and headset)
etc.

l_Will_l
Dec 11, 2006, 03:46 AM
yeah i have a mic headset. im just not sure what voice chat programs get used most frequently on psu

Genobee
Dec 11, 2006, 03:51 AM
On 2006-12-11 00:46, l_Will_l wrote:
yeah i have a mic headset. im just not sure what voice chat programs get used most frequently on psu

I doesn't matter you can use what ever you want, you have to invie people to your server. It's not like Xbox live where you walk into a room and can talk to everyone.

Ventrilo has the best voice quality. IMO

l_Will_l
Dec 11, 2006, 03:53 AM
ok so how would i even get started when i get ventrilo then?

Genobee
Dec 11, 2006, 03:57 AM
Unless you have your own server, you have to rent one, there like 5 bucks amonth, you can just look up sites on google.

l_Will_l
Dec 11, 2006, 04:00 AM
lol sorry im so lost about it now

l_Will_l
Dec 11, 2006, 04:01 AM
theres none that are free or anything?

Collar
Dec 11, 2006, 04:06 AM
On 2006-12-11 01:00, l_Will_l wrote:
lol sorry im so lost about it now

"Ventrillo, or Vent, for short, is a program that allows you to chat with multiple people at once with a headset. The way it works is that there are two versions of the program:

1.) the Client, and
2.) the Server.

"The Client is the program you install on your machine. The server you can also install on your machine, or, like Genobee said, rent. The server program works through your IP address, which you give to other users, and they then connect to using their Clients by entering that information. From there it's as simple as going into the options and binding a key for talking so that when you push it others can hear you.

I believe you can get an 8-person Server program for free on Ventrillo's homepage, as well as the Client. If you want more than 8 people you'll have to look into alternative options like renting, and so on. Though, the party limit is 6 players anyway, so why would you need more?

Hope that helps.

l_Will_l
Dec 11, 2006, 04:11 AM
thats that was so much more help for me. lol so whats the site for that? ventrillo.com? lol now all id have to do is find some ppl how use this then?

EJ
Dec 11, 2006, 05:57 AM
err the server for ventrilo is free and doesn't cost a thing since I have it myself.

but also there are two ways to spell ventrilo/ventrillo the one with one L is the free one with server and others while the double LL is the one you have to pay for.

l_Will_l
Dec 11, 2006, 03:10 PM
lol im even more lost on this subject now. so if i connect with ppl thru the program do i have to have the game running as well? like can i play on my ps2 while talking thru my pc? cause they are right beside eachother so thats not a problem. but like i know when i downloaded that xfire and tried to use that i guess i had to be ingame and it recgonized that.

Genobee
Dec 11, 2006, 04:38 PM
On 2006-12-11 12:10, l_Will_l wrote:
lol im even more lost on this subject now. so if i connect with ppl thru the program do i have to have the game running as well? like can i play on my ps2 while talking thru my pc? cause they are right beside eachother so thats not a problem. but like i know when i downloaded that xfire and tried to use that i guess i had to be ingame and it recgonized that.

Yes you can talk on Vent while on the PS2 thru your computer, Ventrilo is a 3rd party program it doesn't interacte with PSU at all, you let your friends log on to your server and then they can talk to you and ytou can talk to them.

l_Will_l
Dec 12, 2006, 01:43 AM
ok so im gettin it now. what im seeing is a client and a server download. and i want the client rite? i have to pay for the server?

Relam
Dec 12, 2006, 01:55 AM
A user named Blicen posted an address to a free Ventrilo server he was hosting a while ago.

The IP is 208.101.50.3
Port number 3803

Turambar
Dec 12, 2006, 01:56 AM
The client is free. The server you have to pay for. But if you have no server info to input into the client, you have no server you can talk on.

l_Will_l
Dec 12, 2006, 01:59 AM
ok well ill download the client and try that server rite now i suppose. anyone know of anyothers or should i make a topic on ventrilo players or something i dunno.

Inspektahdek
Dec 12, 2006, 07:09 AM
PSU is added to Xfires compatible support list and shows an icon of the game in the window of XFIRE while you have it activated and will let u know how long youve been playing that game that week, etc. some people have this info in their sig on this forum